Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Golden Lotus Tea Shop ~ NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:32 pm
I called it, I called it, I called it the moon sea;
It is a cruel dream; at the end of my day your gravity-
Reaches such a long way, here in the moon sea....
Don’t share the past, if you won’t share your heart!
All that we share is the view of these stars.

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

քʊʀɛɮʟօօɖ ʍօȶɦɛʀɖʊʀʍֆȶʀǟռɢ ɢʀǟɖʊǟȶɛʍʊɢɢʟɛ ʟɨǟֆօռ օʄʄɨƈɛ

Ned had not been shocked when Darcy had asked her if she'd like to go on a date with him sometime, sans the children. She'd been surprised, but not shocked. It wasn't as if it had come completely out the blue; they'd known each other since the summer before last, had been good friends, and not just in the sense of 'our kids like each other, so let's make forced small talk', since half of the time Will and Ray were at one another's throats, so this whole thing was far less stilted and awkward than if some single father on the playground had just approached her and asked if she'd like to get a cup of tea some time.

And it wasn't as if she hadn't been toying with the idea of asking him out herself, it was just that every time she'd thought about, she'd ended up reconsidering- his divorce was obviously a sore spot (she didn't know of many divorces that weren't) and she'd been wary of proposing even considering a relationship when he might have still been grieving the old one. Yes, sometimes Ned missed being with someone as well, but it hadn't been like that for her. She hadn't been happily (for a time, at least) married, with three small children to boot. She'd been sleeping with a married man. And she still hadn't told Darcy the specifics of that- she'd mentioned that her and Ray's father had not been serious, and that he wasn't interested in raising his son, and that had been that.

Still, the surprise had gradually set in after the blonde had, of course, accepted, then gone home with a very nosy Ray, and sat down on the faded sofa in shock for a few moments, trying to recall the last date she'd ever been on, struggled with that small existential crisis for a few moments, and then went into Panic Mode. Well, not quite panic mode, but by the time Ned arrived at the Golden Locust she was well and properly nervous. Not altogether in a bad way, but nervous enough that she was berating herself for her choice in eye shadow by the time she entered the restaurant.

She spotted Darcy right away, was slightly relieved that he was in a dress shirt, as now she didn't feel quite so ridiculous, and approached with a cautious smile, taking her coat off and a seat across from him. It felt strange to not have Ray with here with her, or to hear Will's usual complaints. "Hello," she said, wondering why she felt like an ignorant teenager once more. "Sorry if I kept you waiting- Ray wasn't happy to be left behind once he heard who I was going to see." Ned decided that mentioning the fact that the news that Will would not be there had only increased the toddler's outrage at not being allowed to go was best left to herself.

OOC:
Yukina101

There are diamonds on the floor you can’t take back.
There’s an eyelash on the board, does she wear black?
All the violence that I swore you could have back.
There’s red varnish on the door, I don’t wear that.
From up so high, I can hardly decide...
If you’re waving hello or waving goodbye.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:01 pm
Look up, I look up at night,
Planets are moving at the speed of light.
Climb up, up in the trees,
every chance that you get,
is a chance you seize.
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
Pureblood | Father

Darcy looked up from his menu sharply with a welcome grin as Ned came to his table and, wow. Seeing how she had dressed made him feel a bit self conscious that he hadn't worn one of his blazers but that might've seen a bit stuffy for just a tea date. He berated himself mentally for not immediately standing to pull out her chair like was customary but then remembered that he did at least do one thing right. "Hi! Erm, these are for you. I don't know your favorite flower but, I thought you'd appreciate them regardless." He handed her the small bouquet with a slightly anxious smile before he promptly waved away her apologies while chuckling at her son's mention. Will hadn't exactly been a shining example of maturity when he had told him of his plans that night without him but was thankfully mollified by the idea of spending the time with his godfather. Though he was going to have to owe Eretria something special. "No apology needed, I just got here a few minutes before you. And I get it about Ray, Will was only slightly ok with this because he got to go wreak havoc at someone else's home." Darcy informed her with a chuckle. Still though, a year ago, hell a few months ago the father wouldn't have been able to say that about his son. He probably would have had to cancel this date just to stay home and monitor the punishment his son would've awarded himself due to whatever chaos and temper tantrum he would've thrown. But since his talks with the Mind Healer ever so often, and of course more than a few sit downs with just the two of them, he was happy to see Will coming out of the angry temperamental shell he had hoarded himself in. Though that would possibly never stop his griping at random stuff, but that was part of his charm he supposed. To stop himself from staring, since that was what he realized he'd been doing the past minute or so, he quickly looked back down at the menu with the tips of his ears reddening. Way to level up the awkward Bennett. "So, um, have you been here before? I've passed it hundreds of times but I'm usually either running an errand or with Will that I've never really tried it, you know?" he asked rhetorically with a quirky grin. God, had he been this bad the first time around? Did he even learn from his mistakes?

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:
All that noise, and all that sound,
All those places I got found.
And birds go flying at the speed of sound,
to show you how it all began.
Birds came flying from the underground,
if you could see it then you'd understand?

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:02 pm

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

Ned stared at him when he handed her a small bouquet of tiger lilies; she didn't think she'd ever received flowers from anyone before, be they man or woman, family or friend. Yet he acted like it was the most natural thing in the world to just automatically be giving her a bouquet. To her further shock, she found herself blushing slightly as she took them. "Oh! Thank you, they're lovely. And I love lilies." She was not a rose person, she knew that much. "Ray probably feels the same. I swear he learned how to properly run around right in time for the holidays." Not that they had any big plans; she thought her family would be lucky to even get everyone in the same house for a few hours, never mind a full day, so it would probably be a quiet Yule.

Tassy and Les would most likely be spending it with Tassy's enormous family and Les's younger sister. Maybe Dee and Ruth and their... shared beau... would want to go out for dinner one night. Then again, it'd have to be well within Ray's bedtime... There was no sense in overthinking it now. She just worried that when Ray was a bit older and more aware, he'd feel as though he were missing out. Right now he didn't know any better. Still, she didn't really think Darcy had this large extended family to spend the holidays with either, and it certainly couldn't be easy, going from celebrating as a family to it just being him and Will.

He was staring, at her, she realized belatedly, and found herself almost charmed by it, when he ducked down to look over the menu once more, ears gone red like a schoolboy. "No, I don't think so... It never really seemed all that child friendly, and Ray's still not old enough to be trusted to look around the shop downstairs by himself either, so...," she shrugged. "The menu looks very good, though. I was going to try the Hawaii Sweet Roast Green, what about you?" Ned in no way considered herself a tea connoisseur; she hadn't grown up in Britain, and thus had always been more of a coffee addict herself, but she didn't mind tea.

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:22 am
is a chance you seize.
Pureblood | Father

Darcy gave an audible sigh of relief as Ned expressed her joy over the lilies giving himself a congratulatory pat on the back for also choosing a flower she enjoyed. He chuckled at her comment about Ray in reponse to his about Will not for the first time wondering if the root of their discontent with each other stemmed from their similarities. It also brought to mind a question of what she would be doing during the winter holidays. He had been forced to go through their divorce lawyers in order to contact Jane, since he still had no idea where she ended up in the US only that she and his daughters were in a stable location, to ask whether or not the girls could come for a short visit. He had yet to hear back but he honestly wasn't expecting a positive answer. As back up he had been invited to possibly spend a day with Magni and his family but getting lost among the boisterous and equally overwhelming family that made up the Borsons, he couldn't even imagine what a collaboration with the Whitethornes could entail, didn't feel very appetizing. Though he might let Will go for an afternoon if he felt up for it. His own family had been a tad strained since his divorce and he really didn't feel like trying to explain himself to his uncle and aunt.

Again Darcy realized he had been staring but luckily she had continued speaking so he could at least look attentive, though he was sure the continued darkening of his ear tips would give him away. "The badam tea for me, I've been wanting something sweet today since I've been limiting myself lately. I gotta get back into shape if I ever want to get back into the field." he told her a tad sheepishly. Since Will was doing better at home as well as at school, plus he was finally in an all day classroom, he had decided to return to work. Which meant going through a bit of testing to prove he could handle field work again. He didn't mind it too much, he had been slightly slacking in the athletic department nor had he been eating quite as well as he used to. At least he could admit it. "You mentioned the holidays earlier, are you doing anything special for them?" Darcy asked wincing a bit at its awkwardness.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:18 pm

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

Ned realized what he was referring to maybe a moment too late; sometimes she almost forgot that Darcy wasn't working. Granted, taking care of his son was probably just as strenuous as any other job, but when she'd met him he'd recently stopped.... Auroring, and she'd never known him during the period in which he had. She'd been offered about ten months of (mostly) paid maternity leave after Ray had been born, but had gone back to work after six, partially because she'd been convinced she'd been slowly going mad in the flat. It had been almost suffocating, after a while. She adored her son, but she never wanted to go through that loneliness again.

Her friends and more rarely, her family had stopped by when they could of course, but it had been so.... isolating, without anyone else to commiserate with or to sleepily ask, 'Can you get him this time?' when Ray was wailing in his bassinet. It was much easier now, that Ray was older, more talkative, wanting to go out and do things. That said, the blonde was glad to no longer have to worry about a baby carrier, although the stroller was as annoying as ever, and her New Years Resolution was going to be try to start Ray on using the toilet 'like a big boy'.

"You're going back to work?" Ned strove not to sound disappointed; logically, she knew that being an Auror was an extremely time-consuming, stressful job with irregular hours. She did work in the Ministry, after all, although the Muggle Liaison Office was a far more relaxed setting. It stood to reason that in the coming months, assuming Darcy was cleared for field work once more, he'd have far less free time for... for the boys to spend together, she told herself firmly. There was no guarantee of a second date after this one. If it didn't work out, they'd be back to a strictly platonic relationship, and he had no obligation to make time for her or Ray. "I'm sorry, congratulations! That must be exciting. I know I was a bit relieved to be back into the same old routine, when I went back."

A waiter approached, and Ned smiled politely and gave her order, waiting for Darcy to do the same before continuing the conversation. He brought up the holidays, and she could hardly fault him for that when she had been the one to stupidly mention them in the first place. "Ah... my family was never all that big on the whole celebrations thing, growing up. My parents just didn't consider them all that... important. We always had presents and sweets and whatnot, of course, when we were small, they just... weren't usually there to give them to us. And after we were all older and away at school, they never really bothered so I spent most of my breaks with friends, and only really went home during summers. Now my siblings are all so busy with their own lives and scattered around, I just don't think we'll be getting together."

She tried not to sound bitter. Emphasis on tried. "I want Orion to have something to look forward to every year, though so, I'm sure I'll think of something." She flushed, slightly self conscious, and tucked an errant piece of hair behind her ear. "I probably sound like a terrible mother," the blonde half-joked. "I was thinking of getting a little tree for the flat, to put in the window."

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:17 pm
is a chance you seize.
Pureblood | Father

Darcy blinked at Ned's tone of voice at her question about his work and wondered if he was just imagining that it sounded disappointed. It would certainly stroke his ego just a tad. Before he could ask though she was apologizing and congratulating him on going back to work and then possibly because the cosmos just didn't agree with him that day the waiter decided to come by. He quietly responded with his own tea order before thinking of how he could phrase his response. "Thank you, but I won't be doing as much as I was before...everything. Even if I'm cleared for field duty I'll probably be restricted to more domestic disputes or even just mundane watches than anything truly exciting, which is what I asked for. My schedule might be a bit more than I've gotten used to, but I'm not going....I still want us to stay the same." He flushed darkly as he realized that the sentence had not come out the way he had envisioned it and hastened to fix it. "I-I mean with the boys and, and maybe with us too?" He hadn't meant to make it sound like a question but since it was out, there really wasn't much he could do about it. Thankfully maybe the cosmos sought to apologize for earlier and sent the waiter back with their chosen teas and Darcy eagerly took a sip of his slightly sweetened chai-like tea. As he did he eagerly listened to Ned explain her holiday traditions, or rather lack thereof, though it was no fault of her own. He frowned a bit at the bitter edge towards the end but brightened when she mentioned that she wanted to do different for Ray to start enjoying the holidays and quickly shook his head in vehemence as she said she sounded like a terrible mother. Jokingly or not. "You're a great mother! That's especially evident since you want to change to make things better for your son." He bit his lip wondering if he should be so forward with his next suggestion but figured in for a knut, in for a galleon. "There's a tree farm not too far from my home. If you wanted, one afternoon we, children included, could go and pick out the tree for your flat. If you're amendable to the idea!" Darcy quickened to ask for her approval since it was, in fact, her tree. If she wanted one of course.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:36 am

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

Ned flushed even more at his response about what his work would be like when he returned, and hastily kept her eyes on the table before glancing up when he clumsily corrected himself. "I do too," she said simply. "I... it's been good for Ray. And me as well." The waiter came back rather quickly with their teas, and she, like Darcy, busied herself with sipping at her tea, which did taste a good deal like paradise. It made her miss traveling, but she thought maybe when Ray was a bit older they could go on a few small vacations. She didn't want him confined to London, then Scotland for Hogwarts his entire childhood, after all.

He assured her that she was a great mother and the blonde woman shrugged a little self-consciously; some of her fears of ruining her son had faded, but she did still occasionally feel that she ought to be more... everything. Affectionate, nurturing, playful... Darcy had a look on his face like he was considering something and Ned braced herself, although could it really be anything too terrible? She'd never been to a tree farm, but it did occur to her now, belatedly, that was where one procured a Christmas tree, unless she tended to hike out into the forest with a toddler and a hatchet. "That's very kind of you to offer," she said hesitantly. "I think Orion would love it. Even if he's not one for winter. I can always persuade him with hot chocolate."

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:35 am
is a chance you seize.
Pureblood | Father

Darcy was happy to see he hadn't completed flubbed this date so far, though maybe Ned was just too polite to either tell him so or run away. He should probably be thankful for that. He took another sip of his tea as she answered his suggestion and was already preparing himself for rejection when she finally said that Orion would enjoy picking his own tree. The father chuckled at her added mention that she could at least pry him with hot chocolate if he didn't automatically feel enthused. "I can't imagine what parents had to do to convince stubborn children before the invention of hot chocolate." he joked internally shuddering. His son was like a snapping dragon if he didn't get a cup once he came in from outside.

Silence descended over them again, this one more comfortable than the first as Darcy tried thinking of another topic of discussion. He didn't want to fall back on the traditional parent talk that centered around asking about their children and backhand bragging about the accomplishments of their own, God he despised parent-teacher conferences, but he was struggling to think of something else to talk about. As often as they saw one another he really didn't know much about her. The sudden realization nearly caused him to smack himself in his stupidity. Wasn't that the entire point of a date? "So um, I just realized that there's still so much I don't know about you and that, well, this is sort of the perfect time to do so. We could start slow and easy like favorite colors and foods before we go into the big guns of existential crisis's and which child is potentially running their babysitter ragged." Darcy said with a smirking grin.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:29 pm

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

Ned looked slightly taken aback at his new line of questioning, before smirking a little herself. "Well, we're usually interrupted by one of our sons attempting to murder the other." This date was new territory; she didn't know if it was the setting or the absence of the children, but she felt slightly more comfortable with talking more casually and freely when two small boys were not listening in. Ned knew all about little pitchers having big ears; she'd been an eavesdropping expert as a little girl, given her parents belief that children should be seen and not heard.

"My favorite color is green. Or blue. Anything cool, to be honest," she reflected. "I like white and gold as well. I was never really into pink or purple, even as a little girl. As for my favorite food...," the blonde debated mentally for a few moments before answering. "Well I love seafood, especially the fish dishes they'd serve at Durmstrang- rakfisk and lutefisk- they're obviously fairly difficult to find in Britain, though. I adore danishes, and pies, especially strawberry apple. And I'm a fool for chocolates," she admitted a little sheepishly. Ned did have somewhat of a sweet tooth, if she was being honest, more so for pastries than actual candies.

"What about you? I'm not much of a cook, I'm afraid... I can bake decently, pies mostly, but I was a bit spoiled growing up... It was a bit of a shock, having to learn how to cook and clean as an adult, after I started living on my own. Thankfully I learned before Orion came along, or I'd have been a complete mess," Ned confessed. She wasn't about to also tell him it'd taken her about four months to properly get the hang of laundry, and that was with magic to help.

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:45 pm
is a chance you seize.
Pureblood | Father

Darcy snorted in agreement remembering how often he and Ned would have to pry the two boys apart for fighting whenever they had their playdates. For a small boy Orion usually gave and much as he got, which was probably what pissed Will off so much. And from how often he popped upon the first aide kit, he was a hell of a biter too. He grinned and sat forward slightly listening aptly as Ned went on about herself filing away different things and favorites for (hopefully) other dates and outings. He couldn't stop his nose from wrinkling up a bit at hearing that her favorite fish was lutefisk, a dish he couldn't help but think of as white tasteless blobs. But it wasn't like he was going to say as much to her. He did however completely agree with her love of danishes, pies, and chocolates. He'd yet to meet a person who completely disregarded chocolate.

Darcy was intrigued to hear that she baked even if she waved away her cooking skills, especially about baking pies. He'd tried his hand at baking and while he could do decent biscuits and his crowning jewel was a pound cake for an office potluck he was nowhere near full baker status. Not enough to try his hand at layered cakes, pies, or cobblers. "Well, my favorite colors are orange and grey even though I've had people complain that grey can't be a favorite color." Darcy commented with a dismissive shrug.

"My favorite food would have to be kedgeree. I chanced upon an Indian hole in the wall a few years back and I haven't looked back since. I'm also very found of the proper Sunday roast. I never really had it growing up since my father wasn't much of a cook and we sometimes barely had enough food and money to make even the basics." His eyes dimmed thinking back to his childhood, he usually just avoided memories of it because of the influx of emotions they would bring. Sadness, disappointment, rage, guilt, nothing that could visibly help and somehow fix the mess that it is, was. There really wasn't a point to it.

Darcy minutely shook his head anyway to clear the cobwebs of his mind and forced a small grin back in place. "As for desserts, I've got a rather large sweet tooth so basically anything that involves chocolate, sugar, creams and I'm lost. Eton Mess for example is a very large weakness of mine." he admitted with a non-forced laugh at himself. "I bow to your baking prowess since I've just gotten to the stage where I only burn three chocolate chip biscuits when baking instead of the three fourths I started with. Cooking though I'm a lot better at. I uh, did most of the cooking growing up and Jane, my ex-wife, she couldn't cook at. All. So I was, and still am, the primary chef in my household and just picked up a few things from then on. I abhor bragging about myself but I have to say, I make an excellent beef wellington." He puffed his chest mockingly before deflating seconds later with a chuckle.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:52 pm

User Image
ɛʟʊռɛɖ
ƈʀɨֆȶօɮɛʟ
ɦɛɨֆȶ

"I like grey," Ned protested. "It's one of the few colors I don't feel as though I look terribly washed out in," she joked. He mentioned his father, briefly, but enough that she saw the road sign quite clearly, and wisely steered around it. She'd never heard the whole story or even a significant portion of it, and doubted she ever would, but she could understand the hollow, caved in feeling, even if she couldn't understand the literal hunger.

"I don't mind Indian, but I prefer Vietnamese," the blonde countered with a small smile, as he went on to describe his favorite deserts. "I hear it's even better with cordial. And I'm not sure how much of it is due to actual skill and how much of it is due to binge watching old seasons of the Great British Bakeoff... that is, when the television's not acting up. But I try to keep the flat as magic-free as possible," Ned shrugged. Her obsession with muggles extended, naturally, to their technology, and though she had no need for a phone, she did have a small television, and a very old laptop that sometimes worked and sometimes just froze.

"Besides, cooking is far more useful- one can't live off of trifles. Well. I've never actually put that to the test but...," she chuckled. "Poor Ray might just grow up on takeout if I don't clean up my act in the kitchen. Expect us to drop by for supper quite often in the future- with dessert in hand, of course."

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:14 pm
is a chance you seize.
Pureblood | Father

Darcy smiled as Ned protested his mention of how grey was received and had to quickly grab his tea and take an eager sip to stop himself from saying something stupid and forward like "I think you look beautiful regardless." This was the first date of hopefully many, he wouldn't get to the hopefully many part if he seemed like he was jumping straight for the forever and ever section of relationships. So he instead focused solely on their conversation and not on the lovely shade of blue eyeshadow she was wearing that seemed to bring out blue flecks in her lovely green eyes. Maybe he should order another cup of tea.

"I've only tried pho in regards to Vietnamese cuisine so there's not much I can offer on the subject." he offered with a sheepish grin and shrug. He couldn't remember who had taken him to the restaurant one day but he had ordered it on a whim and had liked it. "I'm going to put my money on skill since I've watched some of those reruns and the only thing I came back with was why whipped topping from a can was bad. And I still failed that lesson seeing as I currently have two sitting in my fridge." Darcy said joking. Not about the whipped cream though. After the battle of the winter of '34 he always kept at least two separate cans.

He could understand her viewpoint on attempting to keep the house as muggle as possible since he had done the same when he had helped renovate his current home. Plus there was the fact that he hadn't grown up around magic as much as other purebloods would have and instead did most if not all things with magic the only exceptions being short bursts of accidental magic. Blue eyes widened slightly and blinked at Ned's, he was assuming, joke of her and Ray dropping in for dinner one night. It wasn't shock from her words but more shock at how he didn't mind that happening. Worse he could actually feel his mind doubling items on his mental grocery list for the week so he could have enough to feed her. Not as if he thought she could eat him out of house and home, but he just wanted her comfortable. Gods, he really needed to stop this line of thinking or he might well and truly scare the poor woman off. "If you make it a pie I'll even cook Vietnamese." Darcy answered instead with his own chuckle to add to the mix hopefully hiding his sincerity.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:53 am
Who's seen Jezebel?
She was born to be the woman I would know...
And hold like the breeze-
Half as tight as both eyes closed.
And who's seen Jezebel?
She went walking where the cedars line the road.

User Image

ILLISA
LINDSAY
HARGRAVE

FORMER GRYFFINDOR │ JOURNALIST │ HALFBLOOD

It was a warm afternoon in late spring. Part of Lisa was a bit regretful that winter had finally ended, even in her frigid native Scotland, and you could tell summer was quickly approaching in the far milder climate of London. But with summer came her son returning home, and while they usually wrote once or twice a month, Myron was not one for long-winded, detailed letters, and they usually boiled down to a discussion of his classes, what his housemates were like, and plans for the summer. They were going to spend a week camping- she doubted the girls would want to come, but they would be fine with the elves (and the occasional ghosts) to look after them, and she'd have one of her coworkers at the Prophet check up on them every other day. It seemed like ages since it had just been her and her son.

And with summer would come preparing Callista for Hogwarts. Part of her was unabashedly relieved to be packing the girl off. She didn't love Callista- not the way a mother would, and not the way a stepmother in theory should- but she was protective of her, and occasionally saw through her cold, proud exterior to the hurt little girl underneath. She just needed to grow up as bit. Or better yet, have an actual opportunity to behave like a child. School would do her well. Maybe she'd stop writing Faron letter after letter and brooding in her room all day. Besides, her relationship with her stepdaughters hadn't exactly improved with time- Miranda was polite but didn't spend much time at home, and Callista, while slightly less prone to tantrums, was still very snappish and defiant.

But today she had an interview. Amelia Mortemer, Wizengamot member. Former Slytherin, age 33, only a few years older than Lisa. She vaguely remembered her from school- and her Gryffindor boyfriend, then husband... then criminal. The Prophet had had a field day with the Mortemer murders, just as they likely had with the Hargrave... incident. She felt some kinship with the woman already; they'd both survived similar situations, both were now single mothers... She knew there was a son, probably a few years older than Myron. So she continued over her notes, occasionally glancing up in the hopes of seeing the woman come into the cafe.

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

Who's seen Jezebel?
She was born to be the woman we could blame...
Make me a beast half as brave; I'd be the same.
And who's seen Jezebel?
She was certainly the spark for all I've done-
She could see the dogs come running.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:52 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Who's gonna listen when you run out of lies?
                                            Who's gonna hear you, when your words seem worthless?
                                            Who's gonna save you when you're out of time?
                                            And who's gonna want you, when you're on your knees begging?
                                            So don't you call my name, I will take you down!
                                            Should've known that you've been dancing with a wolf
                                            So don't you call my name, I will take you down!
                                            I'm not your friend, you burned a bridge-

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 𝒜𝓂𝑒𝓁𝒾𝒶 𝐹𝓁𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓆𝓊𝑒 𝑀𝑜𝓇𝓉𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓇 ix
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌

Slytherin AlumnaWizengamot MemberPurebloodxxxxx

「 Late Spring Afternoon 2037 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Amelia didn't have a good week, or month if she's allowed to exaggerate. Paperworks in the Wizengamot was one thing, but hearing from Hogwarts that her son landed to detention because he assaulted someone was... something Amelia wasn't prepared for. To begin with, the thought of Garnet punching someone sounds a bit foreign- even if she was perfectly aware that her son has issues and has a struggling temper. Then, hearing that the cause of it was apparently because someone insulted him and apparently Amelia, which was a sole reason why she didn't want to scold Garnet just yet. Yes, she was never proud of what he did but at the same time he did it was... because of her? By Morgana, what will she do? Even her in-laws looked like there were going to have a headache- most notably Ester because she and Garnet were close to each other, except Ester was very capable of chewing him out.

She sighed exasperatedly as she pushed the tea shop's door, taking off her hat and entering the room. Perhaps, Amelia will find a way to handle this with Paz and Ester, but for now she was called into an interview with Illisa Hargrave. She was familiar with the woman, alright, Amelia heard about the news of Hargrave murders- which was really brutal from how she imagined. She could imagine how tragic it was, because she's been there- except that in the Slytherin's case there was no mention of torture, but wandfighting against him. However, unlike Illisa's, the criminal wasn't captured, so she didn't think anyone in the Mortemer family will have a good night's sleep... especially Lazuli and Garnet- especially when the former almost died from his wounds because of Jasper.

Amelia scowled at herself and massaged her temple to shake off that metaphorical headache as she approached the lady in question. She gave her a polite smile and was mentally considering offering her hand for a handshake... then she noticed the woman's severed fingers. "Illisa Hargrave, right?" She asked casually and politely, "I'm Amelia Mortemer, pleasure to meet you. But, I think you already know that."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            « with [Illisa] at [Cafe] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ooc

I chew you up and spit you out, oh!
                                            There's no love for a liar, no love for a liar!
                                            Oh, there's no love for a liar, no love
                                            So don't you call my name
                                            Fool me once, it's shame on you
                                            Fool me twice, and let the wolves come crashing through!
                                            Fool me once, it's shame on you
                                            Fool me twice, and let the wolves come!

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:38 pm
Who's seen Jezebel?
She was born to be the woman I would know...
And hold like the breeze-
Half as tight as both eyes closed.
And who's seen Jezebel?
She went walking where the cedars line the road.

User Image

ILLISA
LINDSAY
HARGRAVE

FORMER GRYFFINDOR │ JOURNALIST │ HALFBLOOD

Lisa stood up confidently as the other woman, who looked tired and/or fed up about something, but whom was obviously trying to be polite from the expression on her face, approached. Regardless of how well this went (although she thought it'd be pretty hard to butcher an interview as bland as this one), she had a job to do, and her trusty writes-for-you quill was at the ready. Ms. Mortemer didn't offer her hand, but then again, most people were reluctant to touch something maimed. Lisa didn't take it too personally anymore.

"Been debatin' changin' it back tae Thorburn, but 'at'd seem like a surrender of some sort, ye know?" She grinned ruefully. "Ah 'hink ye were already in yer fourth year when ah started at Hogwarts. Slytherin, right? Ah was Gryffindor. Mah brither Seumas might hae been in yer year, but he was Gryffindor as well- pretty quiet, tay." Seumas had always been the long suffering middle child, in between Mr. Popular Callum and her, the rebel. It was easier to talk about him now, as well. It'd be two years in just a month or two.

"Right, well, should get on wi' it. Ah'm Lisa, nae need fer formalities here. Ah'll try nae tae ge' tay personal an' awkward. Did ye always know ye wanted tae work in the Wizengamot, or were ye mair interested in another field while at school?" A waitress, looking fresh out of Hogwarts, approached, introducing herself as Chandra and asking if they'd like to order anything. Lisa ordered a cup of Yingdehong, wanting something hot chocolatey despite the warm weather.

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

Who's seen Jezebel?
She was born to be the woman we could blame...
Make me a beast half as brave; I'd be the same.
And who's seen Jezebel?
She was certainly the spark for all I've done-
She could see the dogs come running.

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out