Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]
The Return of AIDA (Dot/Hack Roleplay) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:31 pm
User Image

The Return of AIDA (Dot/Hack Roleplay)

Introduction:

The famous and well known MMO The World has been through a lot. From the time the Twilight Bracelet showed and the mysterious AI Aura asked for help to when a dangerous virus known as AIDA consumed and corrupted players, the game certainly has never been dull but also has never been completely safe. Ten years since Haseo and the Epitaphs stopped AIDA, things seemed peaceful. A little too peaceful according to a mysterious entity who decided one day to liven things up a bit and unleash a virus similar to AIDA into The World. Now the only thing that can stop it are those chosen to wield the power of the Epitaphs, guardians of The World not known to most except a selected few. But the Epitaph might even need help from others in order to solve this mystery and stop whoever set AIDA free. What awaits them in The World? Time to login...

Rules:

1. Follow all Gaia rules

2. Romance and violence are allowed, just keep it PG-13

3. Please try to get along with fellow RPers. Any concerns or questions feel free to PM me.

4. If I messed anything up involving Dot/Hack plot knowledge or missed something, please let me know. I haven't played the Dot/Hack games in a very very long time so I might have not remembered everything.

5. No God-modding, auto hitting, anything like that. It makes it unfair and not fun for others.

5. Send me your profiles via PM titled "Welcome to the World" so I know what roleplay you are applying to.

6. Epitaphs will be a first come first serve but if someone who has taken an Epitaph has disappeared for quite some time I will free the position.

7. Please be semi-lit to lit. No one liners or * for actions and at least one paragraph.

8. Have fun! I would love to hear ideas on how to develop the plot more or anything else really.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:35 pm
What is AIDA?

AIDA stands for Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly. It is a term used by the CyberConnect Corporation to refer to the anomalous "black spots" appearing throughout The World R:2 and to the creatures that emerge from them. Little is known about the AIDA, but according to Yata, the AIDA are primarily interested in humans. It is for this reason that they stay within The World R:2, and do not spread outwards into the rest of the Internet. It is because of this that Yata believes that The World R:2 must remain open to its entire userbase, and not shut off to only administrators.

The AIDA are "natural" AIs, formed from the errors in the Internet caused by the disappearance of Aura. Unlike Aura, who was created by a system, the AIDA evolved much like normal life. The AIDA were originally harmless, but after several thousand of them were produced, a mutant appeared. This AIDA, Tri-Edge, had aggressive tendencies, and attacked a player. Since the AIDA are all connected, this aggression soon spread to the rest of them.  

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:36 pm
What are the Epitaph Users?

During Project G.U., the 8 Phases' data, also known as Epitaphs or Morganna Factors, were recovered and incorporated into special PCs called Epitaph-PCs, allowing the player controlling the PC, known as an Epitaph User, to summon the phase as an "Avatar". The eight main characters of G.U., also known as the Infinity Eight, are all Epitaph Users. Only rare people with compatible personalities, known as "Chosen Ones", can become Epitaph Users. "Chosen Ones" have a connection emotionally to the Avatar they're compatible with. Ordinary people lose consciousness when attempting to use an Epitaph-PC. When "awakened", Epitaph Users can call forth their respective Phase and fight in Avatar Space, an extra dimension that exists outside of the perception of normal users, but parallel to and in direct interaction with the rest of The World R:2.

There are eight Avatars:

Skeith: The Terror of Death: Munge

Innis: The Mirage of Deceit:

Magus: The Propagation:

Fidchell: The Prophet: Maria/Aislynn

Gorre: The Machinator:

Macha: The Temptress:

Tarvos: The Avenger: Danny/Sigurd

Corbenik: The Rebirth: Cipher  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:37 pm
In-Game Classes

Adept Rogue: Adept Rogue is a class in The World R:2. Unlike other classes, its users do not specialize in a single weapon, or form of combat. Instead of practicing in the use of a particular type of weapon, an Adept Rogue acquires several forms through Job Extend, each of which allows him or her to use a different weapon type.

Twin Blade: Twin Blades are the most balanced class in The World. They are noted for their superior traveling speed and hit rate. Twin Blades are the proverbial "jack of all trades, master of none" due to the fact that while they have decent attack stat growths and have decent magical stats, they are unable to equip the strongest armors, have lower attack growths than the other classes, and do not have access to stronger magic skills. Their greatest strength lies with their multi-hit skills. Each skill has several elemental versions, and as a result are capable of dealing massive damage to enemies weak against those elements.

Edge Punisher: Edge Punisher is a class in The World R:2. Similar to the Heavy Blades from R:1, Edge Punishers use huge, double-handed Broadswords. Edge Punishers excel in physical attacking, especially against armored foes; however, they are much slower than classes such as the Blade Brandier. Edge Punishers also have higher defense from the heavy armors they can equip.

Blade Brandier: Blade Brandier is a class in The World R:2. They are very similar to the Blademaster class from R:1. Blade Brandier's wield medium-sized, one-handed, or katana-like swords in battle. A Blade Brandier's damage and hit rate are somewhere in between Twin Blade and Edge Punisher, making it an average class in terms of strength. In regards to speed, the Blade Brandier is not as fast as a Twin Blade or Tribal Grappler, however, they are much faster than heavily armored classes, such as Lord Partizan.

Flick Reaper: Flick Reaper is a class in The World R:2 that wields giant scythes. Similar to the Heavy Axemen from The World, Flick Reapers use large weapons such as Axes and Scythes to attack with. Flick Reapers are very weak to long range attacks. They're the medium range, "area attack" class. They "flick" multiple enemies and push them away before they can get close enough for melee attacks, but a good Steam Gunner or Lord Partizan could overpower them by attacking from afar.

Macabre Dancer: Macabre Dancer is a class in The World R:2. A strange class, they wield fan-like weapons. They cut their enemies with the bladed tips of their fans in a battle form that resembles a dance. The inhabitants of The World consider them the "Flowers of the Battlefield". Macabre Dancers are the expert class for status effects and parameter changes, and are very balanced casters, learning both healing and attack spells. Like Harvest Clerics and Shadow Warlocks, Macabre Dancers gain spells incredibly quickly, at a rate of almost one per job level, but learn no arts.

Harvest Cleric: Harvest Cleric is a class in The World R:2. They are sometimes called "Clerics" for short. Both Harvest Clerics and Shadow Warlocks are considered spinoffs of The World's Wavemaster class. Their favored weapons are staves, which give bonuses to their magic and elemental stats, and can be used in melee combat, being considerably physicially stronger by level than grimoires but weaker than any other type of weapon. In exchange, Harvest Cleric staves give a much lower magic bonus than Shadow Warlock grimoires, though the elemental bonuses are around the same. Like bayonets, neither staves nor grimoires have special types (i.e. "Hold and Release", "Rapid Attacks" ) for melee combat. Like Macabre Dancers and Shadow Warlocks, Harvest Clerics learn spells incredibly fast, at a rate of almost 1 per job level, but learn no arts.

Shadow Warlock: Shadow Warlocks are experts in attack magic and are allied with the dark spirits. They always carry a book of spells known as a Grimoire to heighten their magic power. Although they can use some healing magic, their repertoire is limited and not very efficient.

Tribal Grappler: Tribal Grapplers use their own fists as weapons. They have high agility similar to Twin Blades and possess high HP. However, their low defense value makes it crucial to pay attention in battle. These can range from lightweight gloves, to oversized, paw-like gauntlets.

Lord Partizan: Lord Partizans wield a giant lance. No other class can match its piercing power. They have high defensive power compared to other classes, but are weaker against magic. Lord Partizans have good medium range attacks, but don't excel at "sweeping" attacks like Flick Reapers. Their defense and physical attack stats are very high, with magical attack being their only real weakness. They're also more monster-oriented, with a lot of good armor-piercing and anti-air weapons and skills. Their skill progression for low levels is also among the lowest. Overall, this class can cause the most immediate damage.

Steam Gunner: Steam Gunners use steam-powered bayonets developed by humans to attack. They specialize in long-range attack and are weak against close encounters, but if necessary their guns can be used as powerful melee weapons which keep most enemies away. Steam Gunners are the physical equivalent of Shadow Warlocks. Their shots are skills that operate exactly the same way spells do, but deal physical damage instead. Steam Gunners' shots have greater range than any other physical hit, and their physical attack stat has the fastest progression of any class (as of Rebirth). In exchange, their melee hits take the same penalty as those of the other "caster" classes in R:2 in that they lack any of the special types (i.e. "rapid attacks", "hold and release" ) that most classes have access to.  

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:38 pm
Profile Skeleton

Username:

IRL Name:

In-Game Name:

Appearance (IRL and In-Game, IRL optional) :

In-Game Class:

Personality:

Background:

Crush (optional) :

Theme Song (optional) :  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:31 am
Links:

1. Profile Thread

2. OOC Thread  

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:03 pm
Maria/Aislynn
Epitaph Fidchell

User Image
If you are lost in your way
deep in an awesome story
don't be in doubt and stray
cling to your lonesome folly
now you're too close to the pain
let all the rain go further
come back and kiss me in vain
mother oh do not bother...

OOC: Starting post

Login:
Username: Aislynn
Password: *******

Appearing in the quiet town of Dol Dona was a girl with long blue hair and blue eyes. One of the eyes was covered by a white eyepatch and on top of her head was a white hat with blue wing like decorations. In her hands was a large hourglass, the sand falling slowly from top to bottom. She walked curiously around, eyeing the shops and the strange duck NPCs that ran them. She had logged in like any other day but today felt different. Something about her avatar felt different, but she couldn't place what. The hourglass skin for her Grimoire was new, but she figured she won it from doing some event. Other than that her character looked the same as always. And yet something bugged her.

She continued walking and stopped at a railing that overlooked the green lands. In the distance were multiple guild homes, including the famous Canard guild, the guild where the famous Haseo was master. The girl let the breeze play with her long hair as she thought about what she should do on the game today.

Hear the chorus of pain
taking you back to proper ways
it's so easy to find
if you could remind me
now you are lost in your way
deep in an awesome story
so I will find you again
kiss you for lonesome folly...
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:38 pm
Danny/Sigurd

Epitaph: Tarvos

User Image

Having just got back from completing a quest, Sigurd, as he went by in this game, walked through the town of Dol Dona, chuckling a bit as one of the duck-like NPCs waddled on by. They always looked so goofy. As he watched the crowd of players go about their business, he spotted something odd: a girl...with a big hourglass. Was that some kind of rare item? Danny was always the curious type, so strange things in this game got his attention.  

vader-lifer14

Overcharged Lunatic

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:28 am
vader-lifer14

Maria/Aislynn
Epitaph Fidchell

User Image
deep in an awesome story

OOC:

The blue haired player got up from her spot and began to walk towards the chaos gates, playing with the large hourglass in her hands. "I don't have a party, but maybe I can at least check out that place on the boards." she mumbled to herself but suddenly froze mid step. Her eyes glowed and blue markings appeared all over her body and suddenly she said in a trance-like tone, ""The abberant key, borne in thy left arm. The key of twilight, borne in thy right arm. The final wave. The surge of rebirth shall become light and fill the world. Thou shalt lead the new gods to their twilight. Thou destroyest and createst, thou powerless one as the stirring footsteps of a giant shadow sound. Oh blessed be the little ones..."

When she snapped out of it, she gasped for breath and landed on her knees. "What...what was that?" she muttered, completely shaken and confused.

Hear the chorus of pain
it's so easy to find
if you could remind me
deep in an awesome story
so I will find you again
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:56 pm
The Sphinxy

Danny/Sigurd

User Image

Sigurd got a good look at the girl, who was apparently possessed for a good ten seconds, according to that rant. Nah, that clearly wasn't the reason, but she seemed to be just as confused as him. Taking a few steps closer, the red-clad Rouge was a bit concerned. "You okay? You looked kinda out of it." He asked the stranger. For some reason, she was also glowing when she started her rant. Was it some kind of event? Or maybe DLC?  

vader-lifer14

Overcharged Lunatic

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:37 pm
vader-lifer14

Maria/Aislynn
Epitaph Fidchell

User Image
deep in an awesome story

OOC:

The girl whirled around at the concerned question, still trying to gather herself after the strange possession broke off as well as the glowing marks. She hoped the black haired boy who approached her didn't see her sudden freeze or rather didn't hear her sudden spat. How could she explain what had happened to her when she couldn't even figure it out herself? "It-it was merely some strange glitch. Nothing more. Nothing to worry about." she replied with a dismissal wave. She looked at the boy's stats, a Adept Rogue at a pretty good level. The shadow warlock usually played alone but this was the higher end of the game, a party would probably be a good idea to have.

"Actually, there is an area I am curious about with a chance for a rather nice rare item. I just got into this section so I don't know what to expect. Would you mind being in my party?" she asked, tilting her hourglass so that the sand started falling again. "My name is Aislynn, I am a level 52 Shadow Warlock." she added. Her voice was quiet and mysterious, her only visible eye lowered in an almost emotionless state. Despite her sudden freak out, she got into character quite quick.

Hear the chorus of pain
it's so easy to find
if you could remind me
deep in an awesome story
so I will find you again
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:28 pm
The Sphinxy

Danny/Sigurd

User Image

Sigurd was a bit skeptical about her glitch story, but she seemed to want to drop the topic, so he obliged. He'd probably find some other crazy things later, though. As she introduced herself, the boy smiled. "Name's Sigurd. I'm level 59, so I think I'm at a good enough point. Sure. I'll join ya." He replied with a smile. The Rouge fiddled with the menu a bit, giving Aislynn his member address. He was eager to get his hands on a rare item, and he'd wanted to improve his broadsword skills a bit more, so he was definitely on board for this girl's item hunt.  

vader-lifer14

Overcharged Lunatic

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:34 am
User Image

Cipher ►◄ Munge
Corbenik ►◄ Skeith

Cipher skidded backwards, his eyes remaining glued onto the all to familiar man in front of him. Munge let out a soft chuckle his great sword still in hand "Come on Cipher. Just make this easy on yourself." Munge spoke. It was clear that both were worn and had taken damage from the other, though Cipher seemed to be in worse condition. The fight had been going on for about an hour now right outside of Dol Dona. Cipher grit his teeth, tightening his grip on his twin blades, Munge seemed stronger than he had been in their last fight. He must be drawing from the corrupting system Cipher thought to himself, launching himself once again at Munge, the clash of steel ringing in the area.

The Sphinxy

vader-lifer14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:50 am
vader-lifer14
DragonChild09

Maria/Aislynn
Epitaph Fidchell

User Image
deep in an awesome story

OOC: Short post sorry

Aislynn smiled softly. "Great! The rare item is the Illusionist's Book. I've heard about the area from the BB. The area sounds rather intriguing as well. It was described as paradise." she explained and started heading towards the gates. She paused however when she saw two players fighting in the streets. "What...what is going on here!?!" she exclaimed and rushed forth. Was it a PKer possibly causing trouble? "Hey, stop this at once!" she shouted, her hourglass glowing as she prepared to send out a spell if needed.

Hear the chorus of pain
it's so easy to find
if you could remind me
deep in an awesome story
so I will find you again
User Image

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

vader-lifer14

Overcharged Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:24 am
DragonChild09

The Sphinxy

Danny/Sigurd

User Image

Sigurd was about to reply to the girl, but then heard the two guys fighting. Hold up, wasn't fighting in towns impossible? "Alright, knock it off! I'm sure you can settle whatever you're on about without resorting to PKing each other!" He told the two. He was pretty sure they wouldn't listen. People like this never listened. Danny was headstrong at times, so he could understand. Hopefully, this wouldn't last too long.  
~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff