Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ryuutama - The 'Oregon Trail' of RPGs! Filled up! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:36 pm
I'm more of a Tech Artisan. Can't deny that carrying capacity buff  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:27 pm
After talking it over with my wife she has expressed interest in playing as well. She really likes the cute nature of the game and the artwork. She wants to play a lazy baker or a servant to my noble.

I'm toying with either the noble character idea or perhaps a healer that dresses like a witch.

I was curious Rain, since we obviously have enough interest now to run the game, if you could give an overview of the different classes when you have the time.  

Kowsauni
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:41 pm
Hi, I'm Kowsauni's wife--I'll decide on exactly what I want to play once Kowsauni has chosen (if there's space for me to join).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:56 pm
It would be a pleasure to have you join the ranks, Alphabet!

I'll post something formal likely tomorrow. I've been on vacation all week but I go back to work tomorrow. Suddenly having to get up early, with the daylight savings kicking in unexpectedly, means I have to turn in pretty much right after I post this. Tomorrow I go right from work to the dentist. I'm intending to post something significant after I return... but we'll see how that goes.

Tuesday I've been roped into a free Evil Portents L5R draft tournament, so worst case scenario, I'll have stuff definitely Wednesday, the latest.

Looking at the group being:
Ryssa Blackblood
Plainsfox
Kowsauni
Southern Cross Nemesis
Paidi tou Selini
AlphabetFish  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:00 pm
Kowsauni
If there is one thing I feel needs to be stressed it's that this is a game about being friendly with each other and working together as a team to get through tough traveling conditions and making nice with villages so they will trade you stuff.

I noticed a lot of people in this guild have a propensity for making moody, aloof, lone wolf type characters that don't necessarily play nice with others. This tends to lead to parties feeling like a collection of individuals rather than an actual team.

I keep clicking around, but there's no 'Like' button!!!

WHY IS THERE NO 'LIKE' BUTTON?!?! gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:46 am
Early from daylight savings? You do know that clocks went back an hour, right? Spring forward, fall behind? You should've gotten an extra hour from the shift. sweatdrop

If you're busy, just shoot me a text of what sorta things you'd like posted and I can get it up. I have the book sitting right next to me, after all.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:55 am
Also,
AlphabetFish
Hi,

Hello! So nice to see you again~ <3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:02 am
Paidi tou Selini
Early from daylight savings? You do know that clocks went back an hour, right? Spring forward, fall behind? You should've gotten an extra hour from the shift. sweatdrop

If you're busy, just shoot me a text of what sorta things you'd like posted and I can get it up. I have the book sitting right next to me, after all.

Went from waking up at 10am to noon'ish, to 5:30am. Even WITH daylight savings, still earlier than what I've been doing for the past 9 days sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:21 am
Hmm, looks like it'll be a fun group! Guess I should start looking over the book a bit more seriously.

AlphabetFish

Also, I hear you're the artist responsible for Kowasuni's Character pics. I just want to say, I love all of them. They're all so adorable.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:25 am
Minstrel
A traveler among travelers, who roams from town to town performing songs or dances. The Minstrel has a wide array of skills that can help the party in a variety of situations.

Example Jobs: Dancer, Musician, Minstrel, etc.; Example Actions: Dancing, Singing, Storytelling, etc.

Skills:
Well Traveled - As a minstrel who makes his earnings by constant travel, you've learned to travel safely. +1 to Journey checks (Travel/Direction/Camping checks; always on).

Knowledge of Tradition - The people you have met on your travels have taught you their old songs and legends. You have learned a great deal about the world in this way. Anytime you come across something interesting, roll [INT + INT] for more information.

Music - You can play music that reinvigorates your companions. Once per scenario you may choose one terrain or weather type you are currently traveling through and gain it as a song. For example, if your character is currently in a Rainy Grassland, they might learn "Rain Song", or "Ballad of the Grassland", but not "Desert Rumba". You may later perform the song if it matches the specific condition in which it was acquired. For example, "Rain Song" may be used any time it is raining, regardless of terrain. You can name your song whatever you like (the above names are only examples). Effect: Give all party members +1 to their next roll. Critical: +3 bonus. Fumble: Any PCs with Condition of 6 or less gain the [Muddled: 6] status effect. Roll: [DEX + SPI] vs. TN equal to Topography.

Merchant
A traveling tradesman who exchanges goods from various locales for gold and jewels. The Merchant has skills that allow them to buy goods cheaply and sell them for a higher price. They are also good at negotiations using conversational skills.

Example Jobs: Trader, Store Owner, Caravan Leader, etc.; Example Actions: Selling, Buying, Trading, Carrying, etc.

Skills:
Well-Spoken - As a merchant who earns her keep by trading, your communication skills are top-notch. Negotiation Check [INT + SPI] gets +1, always in effect.

Animal Owner - You have learned how to raise animals that will help you carry your goods. Normally, only one animal can be taken on a Journey for free (without paying their daily food and water costs). With this skill, you can keep 2 more animals, for a total of 3, without paying for their food and water costs.

Trader - When you go shopping, you can buy items cheaply and sell items at a higher price. However, in order to do so you must buy or sell at least 4 items of the same type at once. When buying, you must have the money to buy all the items at their normal price. If you succeed on the check, the price of the items will change. If you fail a check when buying, you cannot cancel the deal. You must buy the goods at full price. There may be times when supplies are short or shop owners refuse to deal with you, and you cannot use this skill. You may not use Trader to sell items in the same town you bought them in. Roll: [INT + SPI]; a result of 6-7 = 10%, 8-9 = 20%, 10-13 = 40%, 14-17 = 60%, 18+ = 80%.

Hunter
An outdoorsman who makes their living from nature, using their wisdom, cunning, and technology to bring down their prey. They are able to find food in any terrain while en route to their destination, and can even carve out the edible or useful parts from monsters.

Example Jobs: Hunter, Trapper, Monster Hunter, etc.; Example Actions: Hunting, Chasing/Stalking, Fishing, etc.

Animal Tracking - You can track four types of monsters (animal, phantom beast, demonstone, or phantom plant) by following their prints and spoor. You will also receive a +1 bonus to damage against a monster tracked down using this skill. Roll: [STR + INT] vs. TN of current Topography.

Trapping - You are able to harvest valuable materials, such as leather or food, from defeated monsters. The type of item you receive on a success is shown in the Monster's entry of the Dragonica. Roll: [DEX + INT] vs. TN of Monster's Level x2.

Hunting - You are able to catch small wild animals for food. This skill is used just before the camp check is made, however, if you decide to go hunting you cannot also help set up camp. You receive a number of rations equal to the check result - the target number. Critical: All food is Delicious. Fumble: Afflicted by [Injury: 6] status effect. Roll: [DEX + INT] vs. TN of current Topography.

Healer
A medic respected by all for their skill in using herbs to cure illnesses and heal injuries. You'll want to make sure you have a Healer with you if you are travelling in dangerous areas.

Example Jobs: Doctor, Pharmacist, Alchemist, Herbalist, etc.; Example Actions: Cure, Operate, Heal, etc.

Skills:
Healing - You heal a companion's injuries by creating a secret remedy from healing herbs and water. Any Healing Herb may be used, but this process takes time, so this skill is less effective when used during combat. Target character recovers HP equal to the result of [INT + SPI]. During combat, recover only the result of [INT] (only 1 die).

First Aid - You can relieve a character's status effect for one hour. This also reduces the strength of the status ailment by your current level. If this reduces the strength of the status effect to 0 or below, the status is immediately cured. A character may only receive First Aid once per day, regardless of whether or not the check was successful. Roll: [INT + SPI] vs. TN of status effect's strength.

Herb Gathering - You know where to find potent Healing Herbs. Once each morning, when you succeed on this skill check, you can explore the wilderness to obtain a Healing Herb. The healing herb obtained depends on the current terrain. Healing herbs are only good for one day, unless you use a disposable herb bottle to keep it fresh for up to a week. Critical: Find 3 healing herbs. Fumble: Afflicted with [Poison: 6]. Roll: [STR + INT] vs. TN of current Topography.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:00 am
Farmer
A worker who lives in harmony with the bounty of nature. In order to reap their harvest, they must set their hand to a number of different tasks, giving them practice with a single skill from another class.

Example Jobs: Farmer, Breeder, Milkmaid, etc.; Example Actions: Farming, Planting, Hauling, etc.

Skills:
Robust - Thanks to your healthy lifestyle, your body is sturdy, and you are in tune with its natural rhythm. +1 bonus to Condition checks, +3 to carrying capacity.

Animal Owner - See Merchant above.

Side-Job - Since a farmer's life can be tough without extra money in the off-season, you've taken up another job on the side. When you choose the Farmer Class, choose a single skill from another class that required a skill check. You may use that skill as if you were a member of that class. However, you aren't as practiced as a person of that class, so you will always have a -1 penalty to the check.

Artisan
A craftsperson that makes useful things, beautiful things, delicious things-- all kinds of items. They are able to fix things that break along the way to their destination, and create things they need along the way.

Example Jobs: Shoemaker, Hatmaker, Cook, etc.; Example Actions: Sewing, Cooking, Repairing, etc.

Skills:
Trapping - See Hunter above.

Crafting - You can use this skill to make handy, cute, beautiful, or delicious things. If you have time and tools, you can make things during your Journey. Each craft is different, and so are the things each character can make. When you choose the Artisan class, choose a single category from this list: Weapons, Armor, Shoes, Capes, Staves, Hats, Accessories, Food, Sundries, Camping Equipment, or Containers. You can make any item in the related category anytime you have the time (1 day per size), and the materials (1/2 the gold cost). If you fail this roll you may try again; the materials won't be lost, but the time will be. Roll: [STR + DEX] vs. TN on Table (too big to list here).

Repair - You can repair damaged items, restoring their durability to full. This costs 10% of the item's value, regardless of success or failure. You may retry a failed skill check, but you must pay the cost again. Time takes 1 day per size. Roll: [STR + DEX] vs. TN on Table.

Noble
A member of a noble house, accomplished in both the literary and military arts as well as instructed in proper etiquette. However, nobles are not quite suited to the life outdoors, and are not very good at traveling.

Example Jobs: Knight, Samurai, Daimyo, Lord, etc.; Example Actions: Giving Orders, Protecting, Studying, etc.

Skills:
Etiquette - Due to your long years of tutelage and experience in noble society, you are aware of the importance of proper etiquette. When speaking to someone of rank or status, you are able to leave them with a positive impression of you when you win a contested Etiquette check. Roll: [DEX + INT].

Refined Education - After years of study under a learned tutor, you have memorized many facts and trivia about many aspects of the world. You know more than the average person about history, famous people, and well-traveled places. Roll: [INT + INT] vs. TN of GM's discretion.

Weapon Grace - After long years of practice and extensive training under a master-at-arms, you have learned to be graceful when wielding a certain weapon. When creating your character, choose either Blade, Polearm, or Bow. You receive this weapon as a Mastered Weapon. If you already have this chosen category as a Mastered Weapon, you receive a +1 bonus to accuracy checks when using a weapon from that category.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:02 am
Ryssa Blackblood
Hmm, looks like it'll be a fun group! Guess I should start looking over the book a bit more seriously.

AlphabetFish

Also, I hear you're the artist responsible for Kowasuni's Character pics. I just want to say, I love all of them. They're all so adorable.

Oh, thank you so much! They're fun to do!

It's funny--I DM both of the games that we play in person with our RL groups, but I don't make pictures like that for my own games. Just for his.

And for this game:

Thanks for posting the classes! I have two characters in mind that would be either Attack Hunter or Tech Artisan, but I'm trying to come up with an idea for a Healer or Minstrel since those look fun! I especially like the idea of naming my own songs! biggrin  

AlphabetFish

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:32 pm
Bleh... came down with a cold. My solution to this, is generally to gorge myself then sleep for 12 hours. As soon as the laundry's done, that's exactly what I'm doing. I should be pretty much recovered by morning.

So no L5R event tonight, staying home instead. Tomorrow should be the 'create everything' day, promise.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:46 pm
Created the subforum, and I got... most of the stuff up there I need to.

The only thing I need to do is seasonal magic low-level spells, and other mechanics (mainly involving camping and such) that you guys need to know. But you can start posting in the thread if you guys want. Feel free to ask questions, and they will be answered!

... but not by me while I'm at work. Apparently, Gaia's blocked now stare  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:30 am
Poor thing. =(

No worries. I can answer questions.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]