Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Fate Core? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:57 pm
Mongooseh
PupSage
Yeah, changling would be a good fit. Descended from some kind of techno-fey, slowly becoming more and more robotic.

I know this was mentioned earlier but you're going to have to explain that one to me as it's just jarring my mind with "Wuuuuuut?"

Well basically the way it would work is that you are descended from a fairy. Fairies take on an infinite number of forms, if your case it would be like a technology elemental or something.

Then you pick out a list of abilities that you could learn. These are nearly infinite.

Then the thematics of it is that you are giving in to the fairy side more and more, but the mechanics are that you can buy an ability mid fight if you have the refresh for it, but then you have it permanently, and it is always a visible change.

You also have the option to make the choice, which allows you to ditch all powers and become a pure mortal, or become a full fairy and lose your character.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:19 pm
Working on a Kinetomancer Teacher.

Don't like my stunt options, so I guess I will have 5 fate points ...  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:33 pm
PupSage
Mongooseh
PupSage
Yeah, changling would be a good fit. Descended from some kind of techno-fey, slowly becoming more and more robotic.

I know this was mentioned earlier but you're going to have to explain that one to me as it's just jarring my mind with "Wuuuuuut?"

Well basically the way it would work is that you are descended from a fairy. Fairies take on an infinite number of forms, if your case it would be like a technology elemental or something.

Then you pick out a list of abilities that you could learn. These are nearly infinite.

Then the thematics of it is that you are giving in to the fairy side more and more, but the mechanics are that you can buy an ability mid fight if you have the refresh for it, but then you have it permanently, and it is always a visible change.

You also have the option to make the choice, which allows you to ditch all powers and become a pure mortal, or become a full fairy and lose your character.

It has some interesting aspects for roleplay but depends on whether "losing your character" IC is a bad thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:46 pm
Basically you become an NPC, poof into thr Nevernever, and have to make a new character.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:22 pm
PupSage
Basically you become an NPC, poof into thr Nevernever, and have to make a new character.

Yeah but I meant IC if you choose to go full fae is it technically a bad thing if that's what you want. Not an OC thing where it's like "Oh no I dont get to play that dude no more".

Because if IC that completes his goal then gg he's done it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:15 pm
Mongooseh
PupSage

Yeah but I meant IC if you choose to go full fae is it technically a bad thing if that's what you want. Not an OC thing where it's like "Oh no I dont get to play that dude no more".

Well ... its not a cut and dry good or bad thing.

First and foremost it depends on if they actually know fully what they are getting in to, because if not they may just see it as becoming a superhero and then get dragged into it forcefully.

But if they know ...

Seelie Court seems nice at first. Lots of nice people, warmth, summer, joy, ect, but the leadership will throw you to the wolves and think nothing of it. And you have to play by their very strict rules.

Unseelie ... Not so nice on the people as a whole. A lot of independent agents and less team focused. Cold, winter, sorrow and such for the themes, and a very interesting leadership with only one real rule ... obey.

Either way you end up getting drafted into a constant war.  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:05 pm
Ken Wanobi, History Teacher  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:15 am
I Drink Blue Moon
Mongooseh
PupSage

Well ... its not a cut and dry good or bad thing.

First and foremost it depends on if they actually know fully what they are getting in to, because if not they may just see it as becoming a superhero and then get dragged into it forcefully.

But if they know ...

Seelie Court seems nice at first. Lots of nice people, warmth, summer, joy, ect, but the leadership will throw you to the wolves and think nothing of it. And you have to play by their very strict rules.

Unseelie ... Not so nice on the people as a whole. A lot of independent agents and less team focused. Cold, winter, sorrow and such for the themes, and a very interesting leadership with only one real rule ... obey.

Either way you end up getting drafted into a constant war.

While it would be cool and dynamic doesn't seem like a cool thing and if the alternative is pure mortal than it kind of defeats the point of being transhumanist. I'll have to decline the changeling idea.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:38 am
Well then ... you arn't going to be a cyborg.
Like most RPGs, Dresden has a balancing system. You have to take the good with the bad. The options you have left are nowhere near the concept you have.

Pure mortals get mortal stunts, but you will only ever be as superhuman as Jet Li.
Champion of God and True Believer get stuff that is faith based.
Focused Practioners and Sorcerors use magic ... Not tech
Knight of the Faerie Court = Magic of the Fey
Lycathrope = Crazy folks with animal brains. More Jekyll and Hyde than Terminator. And are only useful near the full moon.
Minor Talent could work, but you will only have a small cybernetic part and it will barely be better than something that you could achieve by going to the gym more often.
Red Court infected may work for a supernatural version of transhumanism. Enjoy being a bat monster in human guise. Also, if you kill while feeding you have to hand over your character.
Wereform could be another good magical transhuman build. Turn into a were-beast.
White court infected doesn't mesh well with your concept.

Wizard and White Court Vampire are so high of refresh rating that you are an NPC the second you click Save on your character Sheet.

Needless to say. Sorry the game doesn't fit your concept to the letter. Adjust it or find a new concept.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:50 am
I Drink Blue Moon
Like most RPGs, Dresden has a balancing system. You have to take the good with the bad. The options you have left are nowhere near the concept you have.

Pure mortals get mortal stunts, but you will only ever be as superhuman as Jet Li.
Lycathrope = Crazy folks with animal brains. More Jekyll and Hyde than Terminator. And are only useful near the full moon.
Minor Talent could work, but you will only have a small cybernetic part and it will barely be better than something that you could achieve by going to the gym more often.
Red Court infected may work for a supernatural version of transhumanism. Enjoy being a bat monster in human guise. Also, if you kill while feeding you have to hand over your character.
Wereform could be another good magical transhuman build. Turn into a were-beast.

Wizard and White Court Vampire are so high of refresh rating that you are an NPC the second you click Save on your character Sheet.

Needless to say. Sorry the game doesn't fit your concept to the letter. Adjust it or find a new concept.

Sorry but I didn't need this lecture. There was a thing from Skull Dres earlier which he was fine with but would take away the pure mortal refresh bonus but it would essentially still be human. I'll wait for his judgement on this.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:53 am
Mongooseh
I Drink Blue Moon

Sorry but I didn't need this lecture. There was a thing from Skull Dres earlier which he was fine with but would take away the pure mortal refresh bonus but it would essentially still be human. I'll wait for his judgement on this.

Yeah, but you wouldn't actually gain anything from it other than saying "Oh look I have a metal arm." Have any actual benefits cost refresh.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:56 am
I Drink Blue Moon
Mongooseh
I Drink Blue Moon

Yeah, but you wouldn't actually gain anything from it other than saying "Oh look I have a metal arm." Have any actual benefits cost refresh.

Yeah I don't mind that it was purely for an IC thing if mechanics facilitated that it would be a cool side part. If it became a pure flavour thing I wouldn't have minded at all.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Skull Dres

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:50 pm
I was using changeling as an example, not the class to take. A pure-mortal with good(or better) Resources. Could be used to explain a kid with a history of being in a wreck, or a soldier back from a warzone, having a bio-mechanical limb. But, also such things aren't normal, and will take more control to master than a normal limb(reason for no +2.)

In Mon's case, it wouldn't be a question of heritage... but, one of body's/brain's limits before he becomes a mechanical veggy.

Dresden is based in modern era, we have/working on said technology now.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:10 pm
Bump  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:21 am
Every time this happens I feel as if I just went through all of the work to make a character for a newbie.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff