Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Fate Core? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:26 pm
Skull Dres
PupSage
Skull Dres
In order,

Pup: No to White Court Vampire Sub. Wizard would be weakened, maybe an apprentice-like(They are a level above the power level I wanted.) The others subs, I have no issues with. What is a Court Representative?Another name for Emisary of Power?

I picked the wrong example for mortal...

Mon:
In Fate, it can be done, but in doing so I am going to remove a +2 bonus refresh(Refers to how much Fate points one gets after a rest...go over later) pure mortals get.

If still interested, read up on Cyberware in the toolbox.

I will TOTALLY be a Champion of God High Schooler. That sounds like to much fun.

8 refresh, can't do it, back to the drawing board
The sword is an option... Min. is -5

Pffft who is going to say no to a lightsaber.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:47 pm
K, I am still piecing it together, but I am making an Emissary of Power.

Basically a descendant of the Norse being Brokkr, the guy that forged Thor's hammer.
He has his ancestor's magic hammer in his hands (Or backpack) and has inherited the resilience of his Godly ancestor.

I am basically making the bully that picks on bully's. The geeks hero, but not much grace in the social arenas. Combat will be his main strength in the party, as he is as tanking as it get on absorbing damage (His lineage makes it so that metal cannot harm him much, but wood and flesh still do.)

He is also very well versed in the supernatural and is kind of creative and crafty.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:25 pm
Tweaked the concept. Made him more physical and social.

Here is my sheet:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=594421

If anyone would like help making a character let me know.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:10 pm
High school was nearly a decade ago ... idk if I can role play that without seeming like a John Hughes movie character.

Also ... seems like Skull poofed.  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:38 pm
I Drink Blue Moon
High school was nearly a decade ago ... idk if I can role play that without seeming like a John Hughes movie character.

Nah he's active in the games he's playing in but I think he may be disheartened due to only pup and myself have shown interest.

I haven't even tried to tackle character creation because I'm pragmatic and am waiting for the game to be guaranteed before I spend time on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:24 pm
Mongooseh
I Drink Blue Moon

Nah he's active in the games he's playing in but I think he may be disheartened due to only pup and myself have shown interest.

I haven't even tried to tackle character creation because I'm pragmatic and am waiting for the game to be guaranteed before I spend time on it.

Thats what happened with my Geist game ... only 2 of you guys were active and the story was stalling so I gave up.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:56 pm
Mongooseh

Also, If you wanted to keep it basic on your cybernetic upgrades, I.E. Armor, enhanced strength, speed ect. Maybe an attached blade even.

That stuff already exist and could be easily done.

Hell, if you could come up with a person that put those things into you then you could be an emissary of power like me. It just means that there is some higher being out there able to shut down your cybernetics at will.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:12 pm
PupSage
Mongooseh

Also, If you wanted to keep it basic on your cybernetic upgrades, I.E. Armor, enhanced strength, speed ect. Maybe an attached blade even.

Hell, if you could come up with a person that put those things into you then you could be an emissary of power like me. It just means that there is some higher being out there able to shut down your cybernetics at will.

Nah, I'd avoid the emissary of power part as it seems like it'd be against the idea of transhumanism. What would be the point of forcefully evolving higher to then hand a killswitch to someone. The only way that would happen is if it were a hidden killswitch from the cybernetic manufacturer.

(Unless it's like asura's wrath cyborgs)

Edit: I forget that Asura's wrath isnt as widely know as I pretend it is. Basic gist is that its about some weird scifi version of Hindu/Indian Mythology where the gods are immortal and all powerful because they have superior technology and are all cyborgs. See link where you can easily see Asura's cybernetic shoulder joints.
https://youtu.be/oUZHku8nNLE?t=132  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:40 am
Mongooseh
PupSage
Mongooseh

Nah, I'd avoid the emissary of power part as it seems like it'd be against the idea of transhumanism. What would be the point of forcefully evolving higher to then hand a killswitch to someone. The only way that would happen is if it were a hidden killswitch from the cybernetic manufacturer.

(Unless it's like asura's wrath cyborgs)

Edit: I forget that Asura's wrath isnt as widely know as I pretend it is. Basic gist is that its about some weird scifi version of Hindu/Indian Mythology where the gods are immortal and all powerful because they have superior technology and are all cyborgs. See link where you can easily see Asura's cybernetic shoulder joints.
]https://youtu.be/oUZHku8nNLE?t=132

I see it like the scienctitle or entity that gave you the cybernetics wanted to make sure that they weren't undone by their own.
Maybe you didn't know about the kill switch until the first time you told them no.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:54 am
I Drink Blue Moon

I didn't poof, I just don't like to drive around town during our pumpkin festival(If not for work, I wouldn't mind just locking myself in my house this week), and I am having laptop issues at the moment. sweatdrop

And I never said, you couldn't be a teacher, school staff, or youth pastor(best part of FATE... you can create almost anything!), Who has his own story shared with the others. In Fool Moon, Dresden had to protect a group of were-wolf kids from a Loup-Garou{Unstoppable Cursed Werewolf of DOOM!!!}. Your story could be similar or like Splinter took a group turtlesstudents under your wing.

My current plans revolve around after class activities... not A2+B2=C2 stuff. xp

Mongooseh
https://youtu.be/oUZHku8nNLE?t=132

Currently wish, I knew Japanese...

Besides, I always saw your character being more a Changeling(half-fairy), or more precisely Robocop-ish. No known killswitch, but a limited on power before losing his own humanity.  

Skull Dres

Skull Dres

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:59 am
PupSage
Tweaked the concept. Made him more physical and social.

Here is my sheet:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=594421

Accepted, and thanks.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:20 pm
Third post in a row, because I can... gonk

Any questions ask away... I will be back Sunday to answer and/or start an outline for the story, due to reasons listed in my first post today.  

Skull Dres

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:16 pm
PupSage

Wouldn't mind some help.

Edit: I think I'm too used to playing rules heavy games and the whole hand waveyness of it all is putting me off tilt. (One reason that I wanted to play was due to the hand waveyness).

Edit: Edit: To avoid spamming the thread with back and forth's take it to PM's?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:21 pm
Mongooseh
PupSage

Wouldn't mind some help.

Edit: I think I'm too used to playing rules heavy games and the whole hand waveyness of it all is putting me off tilt. (One reason that I wanted to play was due to the hand waveyness).

Edit: Edit: To avoid spamming the thread with back and forth's take it to PM's?

Yeah, changling would be a good fit. Descended from some kind of techno-fey, slowly becoming more and more robotic.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:30 pm
PupSage
Yeah, changling would be a good fit. Descended from some kind of techno-fey, slowly becoming more and more robotic.

I know this was mentioned earlier but you're going to have to explain that one to me as it's just jarring my mind with "Wuuuuuut?"  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff