Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes ~ Open! Now Hiring! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:57 am
User Image

You said, oh girl, it's a cold world
                                        When you keep it all to yourself
                                        I said, you can't hide on the inside
                                        All the pain you've ever felt
                                        Ransom my heart, but baby don't look back
                                        'Cause we got nobody else

Nico looked at his card, an ace of spades. Making sure to remember it he put in the deck again. He watched the shuffle to see if he could keep track of the card. Unfortunately Nico lost sight of his card near immediately. Someday he figure these tricks out. He looked at the two tiny decks and pulled the top card off the stack on the right. "Hey! It is my card!" He said happily showing the ace of spades he had. He did love how one could do this things with no magic involved. Maybe it was how he shuffled it? How it was put into the decks? So many ways it could work!

You know that sometimes, it feels like
                                                                            It's all moving way too fast
                                                                            Use every alibi and words you deny
                                                                            That love ain't meant to last
                                                                            You can cry tough baby, it's all right
                                                                            You can let me down easy, but not tonight

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:50 am
I declare I don't care no more
I'm burning up and out and
Growing bored
In my smoked out boring room

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Ɠяуffιηɗσя Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя ✘ Mυggℓєвσяη ✘ Ɗαяє∂єνιℓ

☣☢☠Heath watched in slight amazement as Nico pulled his card from the top of the deck but apparently this wasn't supposed to happen from the cross look on his brother's face. "Aww, that's not right, I was supposed to like, double cross and then your card would be on the bottom or something...hmm...maybe I didn't do it right..?" Lukas nibbled on his bottom lip anxiously before squawking as Heath ruffled his hair again."Hey you still did allot better than I would. I would've gotten lost at the card shuffle, you know I can't do those things right." he said with an exaggerated eye roll while Lukas laughed in agreement. It was an unspoken rule in their home that if they wanted to play a card game, they wouldn't allow Heath to shuffle the deck unless they wanted to play fifty-two pick up instead. "Anyway..thanks for doing my trick, Nico. I'll find a better one for you to try later!" Lukas beamed with his promise before collecting his cards and walking back towards the tame muggle tricks. "Soo...besides the wand, what exactly were you looking for in here?" Heath randomly asked with a grin.

Kungfudemoness

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
My hair is shagging in my eyes
Dragging my feet to hit the
Street tonight
To drive along these s**t
Town lights

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:19 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Eirian
Mood
Playful

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cammy almost sighed in content as she and her brother walked through the doors of what was, without a doubt, her favorite store. With her first year coming up quickly, Cammy had decided to stock up on some fun items to spice up her first year. Of course she had sworn her elder brother to secrecy, since if their mother found out then she would be in deep trouble. No one was scarier than their mother when she was angry.

As the two children browsed, Cammy couldn't help but notice the cute little Pygmy Puffs for sale, and to be honest she was a bit conflicted. Her hair tinging a light shade of purple to match the fur of one of the creatures as she thought. "Hey....Rian, how mad do you think Mom would be if she caught me with a Pygmy Puff? On a scale of One to Ten, Ten being the worst.", she questioned, crossing her arms over her chest as she pursed her lips. Glancing up at her brother she waited for his response.

"Hm....probably about a twenty-five. Since we both know how Mom feels about animals. She only even has Caboose because she was Dad's owl growing up. "
                                                          Nodding along with his words, Cammy knew he was right. Of course, that didn't mean that it was going to stop her. She stared, determination in her eyes and her mouth forming a confident grin, "I bet you 5 Galleons that I can keep one hidden from her for a month before she finds out.."

"Well, when she finds out in a week you're going to be sorry for taking this bet sis. " He retorted, spitting into his palm and holding his hand out to confirm the wager. To which Cammy followed suit. After the handshake she quickly proceeded to wipe her hand onto her pants before quickly weaving through the crowd determined to get that Pygmy Puff and win her bet. Lost in her thoughts she didn't even notice the boy in her path until she ran into him.

"Hey sorry mate! Spaced out there, didn't hit you too hard did I?" She was honestly only apologizing so he didn't throw a fit...which had happened to her before. She was more worried about going and getting her damn Pygmy pUFF

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:06 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  wαnnα mσvє íntσ α fσσl's gσld rσσm
                                                  wíth mч pulsє σn thє αnímαl jєwєls σf thє rulєs
                                                  thαt чσu chσσsє tσ usє tσ gєt lσσsє wíth thє lumínσus mσvєs
                                                  вσrєd σf thєsє límíts, lєt mє gєt, lєt mє gєt ít líkє

spaceJack hadn't been paying attention to much of anything, too busy investigating his uncle's newest stock to really care about the other people in the shop. That said, he was a bit on the small side, and maybe shouldn't have been crouched down in the aisle the way he had been. It was, then, completely understandable and almost totally his fault when a girl ran into him. His slightly precarious squat was uprooted, and he managed to fall on his arse.

spaceFlushing slightly, Jack scrambled back up to his feet, dusting his pants off as he did so.
                                                  "Nah worries," he said cheerfully. "Bruised me aris a lil', maybe. But that's me Whiskey Malt for bein' in way. Wot abaht ya, 're ya alwigh'?" He was pretty sure she hadn't hurt herself by running into him, but he had to check.

spaceHis eyes drifted to her hair and eyes, both of which were very unnatural colors. If it'd just been the hair he might've assumed it was dyed, but her eyes were bright green, and she seemed a bit young for contacts. She looked about his age, actually. Maybe she was going to be a classmate of his at school?
                                                  "Daan't suppose you're abaht ter start at 'ogwarts, 're ya?" he asked, perking up a little at the thought. He wasn't going to be short friends when he got to school, of course, between all the cousins and sort-of cousins he had in his same year. But he had yet to make any friends that were just friends. Maybe he could start now.

ít's чσur lífє, чσu gσttα trч tσ gєt ít ríght
                                                  lσσk αrσund, dσn't fσrgєt whєrє чσu cαmє frσm
                                                  ít's just αnσthєr pєrfєct níght
                                                  wє'rє gσnnα tαkє ít αrσund thє wσrld
                                                  whєn thís σnє ís σvєr í lσsє mч єmσtíσns

wнere - WWW
                                                  wнen - Summer 2044
                                                  wιтн - Cammy
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  Whiskey Malt - fault

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:26 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Jack
Mood
Curious

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cammy couldn't help but snort at his choice of words. "Well hopefully your arse, isn't bruised too badly. I'm fine though, I've been through worse." She vaguely remembers the large lump that had been on her forehead for a few weeks when Eirian had hit her head with a baseball while they were playing. It was an accident of course but it had still hurt.

At his second question her hair morphed into a bright sunshine yellow, showing her excitement before quickly returning to the usual Magenta that she prefered. She had known she was probably going to get to meet other student since everyone was getting ready for school but the thought of more people to play with was exciting. "Yeah! My first year, pretty excited. My brother's told me that the castle is huge! Are you a first year too? It'd be nice to go in knowing someone other than 'Rian." It's not like she was worried about making friends or anything, it would just be easier to already know someone and this kid didn't seem to bad. He didn't yell at her for running into him at least, and he was in WWW so he had to not be boring. Boring people didn't shop here!

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:37 pm
User ImageUser Image

wαnnα mσvє íntσ α fσσl's gσld rσσm
                                                  wíth mч pulsє σn thє αnímαl jєwєls σf thє rulєs
                                                  thαt чσu chσσsє tσ usє tσ gєt lσσsє wíth thє lumínσus mσvєs
                                                  вσrєd σf thєsє límíts, lєt mє gєt, lєt mє gєt ít líkє

spaceJack grinned a little at the matter-of-fact way she said she'd had worse, spoken with a tone that only troublemakers ever used. The tired 'this is nothing, you should hear about the time I-' tone that inevitably becomes a competition in which you show off your multitude of scars. Though, looking at her, he'd wager she would win... by cheating. He'd bet his entire comic collection that she would use the powers he was about 90% certain she had to fake a really dramatic scar, in an equally dramatic location, and come up with an even more dramatic story for how she got one. Then again, maybe he was projecting a little, since that also sounded like something his Mum would do. And he would do, if he'd inherited the gene, dammit. Curse his luck and all.

spaceHe offered her a shrug, hand slapping the back of his pants as if there was a build up of dirt. There wasn't, because his family knew how to keep a shop clean, thanks very much, but he couldn't resist.
                                                  "Oh, it's fine," he reassured her. "Not the first nickle an' dime I've fallen on it, won't be the last. Can't seem ter stay off it, actually." Alright, so he wasn't the most graceful of kids; he was a little too impatient for that. Except when he had a knife in his hand, of course, but that was more because his father had hammered blade safety into his head practically since the day he was born. You'd think he'd come out of the womb with one in his hand. Both by what a natural he was, and by how early that particular training had begun.

spaceHe grinned excitedly when she confirmed that she was a first year like him, nodding to her question.
                                                  "Yeah, me and me cousins! Loike, four o' 'em, in fact. I fin'. It... huh. It might be more." He paused, tallying in his head. Of course he counted Tally and Tara as cousins, even though they weren't. Then there was Tris, obviously, and Loke, who was probably around here somewhere, now that he thought about it. "I can introduce you ter a couple of them, maybe! Loke, 'is dad owns this lollipop, actually, he might be lurking abaht." Jack winked, thrilled that he had an excuse to casually drop in the fact that his uncle owned the joke shop. She was here, and had clearly been in a hurry to get to something, so obviously that would score points with her. And he was all about scoring points with people.

ít's чσur lífє, чσu gσttα trч tσ gєt ít ríght
                                                  lσσk αrσund, dσn't fσrgєt whєrє чσu cαmє frσm
                                                  ít's just αnσthєr pєrfєct níght
                                                  whєn thís σnє ís σvєr í lσsє mч єmσtíσns

wнere - WWW
                                                  wнen - Summer 2044
                                                  wιтн - Cammy
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  nickel an' dime - time
                                                  lollipop - shop

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:00 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Jack and Eirian
Mood
Determined

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

~~

Hello, wherever you are
                                                          Are you dancing on the dance floor
                                                          or drinking by the bar?
                                                          Tonight we do it big, and shinin' like stars
                                                          And we don't give a f*ck 'cause that's just who we are

Cammy snorted a little bit when he mentioned his habit of falling on his rear."Maybe you should get better balance." She joked. Of course she didn't really have any room to talk. Though her problem was mostly because she almost refused to wear her glasses. Well, at least she would wear them around her mother but any other time they were off of her face and hidden in her pocket. She hated those things.

She couldn't stop her hair from returning to that bright yellow once again. She hated that color but she wasn't the best at controlling it so she decided to just let it be. After all she was glad she was meeting another first year, who could introduce her to more first years! This was great! And to top it off, he didn't seem like a tosser so it would be fun to be around him! At the mention of the shop's owner she snapped back to what she had been doing before she had run into the boy, causing her hair to return to the same shade of purple as the pygmypuff ."I would love to meet more people but we can totally talk and walk at the same time right? I have to get me a Pygmypuff! My brother Eirian doesn't think I can't keep one hidden from our Mum and think's she will find it in a week." She explained, a fire in her eyes as she spoke. ."See, Mum hates having animals in the house, it's almost like she can sense them! But I'll prove him wrong. I'm gonna be super sneaky with him or her!"

And we are, we are, we are, we are, we are
                                                          The crazy kids, them crazy, them crazy kids
                                                          and we are, we are, we are, we are, we are
                                                          The crazy kids, we are the
                                                          We are the crazy people

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:50 pm
User Image
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
FUTURE FIRST-YEAR UNSORTED
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image
                                                Wyn left her father at the door as she entered Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. While she loved him very much, some things were better done without parental supervision. Such as browsing a joke shop. She was excited, more than she'd been in a long while. Before now, going to Hogwarts had seemed like some far-off dream, but it was finally time to begin preparations! She'd come with a long list of purchases to make, but was taking her time so she could savor the shopping trip. To Wyn, savoring meant meticulously perusing almost every shop on the alley. She knew that the more time she spent away from home, the less time her father would be moping around. Getting out was as good for him as it was for her, and she liked seeing him perk up a little.

Plus, while she wasn't really a practical jokes kind of person, it couldn't hurt to have a few things stashed away on the off chance she needed a diversion or even a way to cheer up a fellow classmate. Upon entering the store, she was taken aback by the volume of knicknacks and whatsits lining each shelf. She passed by most of the explosives and joke products, pausing to toss a few extendable ears into her shopping bag along with a self-inking quill and a Rubby O'Chicken. She wandered toward the defensive items section, thinking, now this is more like it. Into the bag went two decoy detonators and a pack of Peruvian instant darkness powder. Those oughta come in handy if I end up stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Just as she was turning to leave, one other section caught her eye. Normally, Wyn didn't eat anything she didn't cook. She knew it was a habit she'd have to break once she arrived at school. Regardless, there was one exception to her rule, and that was sweets. There was no denying, the girl had a major sweet tooth. She made a beeline for the sweets section, knowing that there would probably be a few misleading products there, but hoping for something delicious nonetheless. A song her mother used to sing popped into her mind as she browsed, and she caught herself softly singing, "Lollipop, lollipop, ooh lolli, lolli lolli..." Her voice trailed off as she suppressed the thoughts that were sure to follow. As mopey as her father was these days, Wyn knew it didn't take much to put her own self into a downward spiral.

OOC:
                                                Diamond Wales

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:49 pm
User Image
                                                  Bring me home in a blinding dream
                                                  Through the secrets that I have seen
                                                  Wash the sorrow from off my skin
                                                  And show me how to be whole again

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Eric kicked a box as he swung his legs, looking over at his caretaker as he did so. Luke was okay, for an adult, but he and his wife were only someplace to stick him and Brian until they found somewhere more permanent. Which, knowing how Brian was, wasn't going to be anytime soon. After all, Eric absolutely refused to be adopted without Brian, not with how the other boy was. Eric had issues, at least he recognized that, but he'd had some kind of normal life before his kidnapping. Brian never did, and Eric's gaze trailed over to his best friend as a result.

Brian was sitting as well, reading a book. He often got lost in his own head, and Eric sometimes wondered what went on in there. He knew the therapist they went to was supposed to help, and Niall was, but Eric doubted it was going to do much good when Brian was so... Eric was sure there was a word for what Brian was, but he didn't know it. Niall probably did,

Still, when the girl came into the shop, Eric wasn't paying attention. However, Brian's head popped up with a frown and turned toward her when she started singing. Curiosity getting the better of him, he stood and walked over, looking over the girl and biting his lip before he spoke. "What song is that. I've never heard it before."

Eric nearly facepalmed, but he stood by quietly, watching the girl carefully in case something happened. He wasn't opposed to interacting with people, but Brian was weird in his interactions. Probably everything to do with the jerks that raised him, Eric thought.

════════════════════════

Location: Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes
                                                  Thinking: Did Brian just approach someone?
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

'Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass
                                                  Hardly anything else I need to be
                                                  'Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass
                                                  Hardly anything there for you to see

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:42 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                She had a handful of Canary Creams and was eyeing the glow-in-the-dark bubblegum when she heard the voice behind her. Startled, she whirled around and looked him up and down. He was a dark-haired boy and looked no older than she was. A little embarrassed that he had heard her singing, she let out a nervous chuckle. "Well, um, it's really just this song my mum used to sing. I don't know for sure but I think it's just called 'lollipop.' I think it's also a really old song, like from forever ago. Do you like music?" Wyn suppressed further thoughts of her mother. Her wounds were still pretty fresh and she wanted to avoid getting teary-eyed in front of a stranger. Besides, if the kid was around her age, it was likely she'd see him at Hogwarts either this year or next. You don't want everyone at school to think you're a crybaby, she thought.

It seemed to Wyn to be a little bit of an odd start to a conversation. In fact, it was a little bit of an odd way to meet someone new. But, she supposed, it was as good a way to meet a fellow Hogwarts student as any. She did her best to seem warm and smiled as she greeted him.

"My name's Wyn. What's your name?" It still felt a little odd using her nickname, though it had been about a year since she'd made the change. Names that ended with "ie" just felt so common, so overused. Wyn resented her mother for giving her an "ie" name, among other things. She'd sworn to be more creative with her own children's names, if she ever had them. Her thoughts caught up with her, and she realized there was at least one more piece of information she wanted from the boy, in order to decide where she should file this encounter in her memory.

"You look like you're around my age," she noted, "Do you go to Hogwarts, or are you going soon?" It would be nice to know someone beforehand. They were a pretty isolated family, especially since, well, since she'd gone. She hoped it wasn't too many questions, but also she wanted to know if this would be the first or last time she'd talk to the kid. If it was the last, she wouldn't need to remember his name or anything, but if it was the first she wanted to keep track. Names and details came in handy when one needed friends, and Wyn didn't want to spend seven years without friends.

OOC:
                                                Diamond Wales

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:52 am
User Image
                                                  I don't like my mind right now
                                                  Stacking up problems that are so unnecessary
                                                  Wish that I could slow things down
                                                  I wanna let go but there's comfort in the panic

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Brian's eyes widened and he blushed furiously when the girl stopped singing to whirl around and stare at him. Oh, this was just great. Eric was always telling him that he wasn't really good at talking to people, but Brian hadn't thought it was a bad thing to ask about the song. At least she was laughing a bit, so it wasn't that bad, right? "Oh, that sounds nice. About your mum singing, I mean. Mine never did." He blinked as she asked about if he liked music. Well, it was okay, he guessed, as long as it wasn't loud like some of the older kids at the orphanage played. "Quiet music, but yeah, I like it. My friend Eric introduced it to me a bit ago. What kind do you like?"

Honestly he could feel Eric's eyes on him as he spoke, and he glanced back and rubbed the back of his head before turning back as she introduced herself. Wyn, huh? "Um, nice to meet you Wyn. I'm Brian, and the kid sitting down over there is Eric. He, um, he doesn't like talking sometimes." He could almost hear Eric's eyeroll at that statement, but it was true. He didn't know if it was because his parents and Eric fought a lot that Eric tended not to talk, or because he just didn't like strangers. Either way, Eric was never one to initiate conversations with anyone, ever.

He smiled a bit when she mentioned that he looked to be about her age, and he shrugged when she mentioned going to Hogwarts, knowing that Steffi and Luke had mentioned it, but he hadn't ever thought much about it. It was that weird magic stuff that he knew he could do, and there was a whole school dedicated to it. Honestly he'd never been, and Eric's recollections of his own time in school were really vague. "I'm supposed to go soon. At least, that's what Steffi and Luke say. I don't even know how school's supposed to be like. Eric described it to me once, but it's kind of scary sounding." He'd known there were other kids before he met Eric, but being introduced to so many at the orphanage was overwhelming. A whole school? Brian couldn't imagine that number. Hence why Luke had brought him and Eric to the shop to begin with, to try and get them used to more people.

Eric, he noticed, had been listening to the conversation, and seemed to be watching Wyn carefully. He still hadn't moved to do anything besides that, and Brian was certain that Eric was just waiting. Probably for Wyn to leave or something. He shifted nervously, looking at the sweets in front of them carefully and noticing that she'd gotten some that were definitely for pranks. He'd seen some in action when Luke's son brought some home and got some of the younger kids to eat them. "I, um, I'd be careful about eating the yellow ones. They make you have feathers all over and make a mess when they fall off.".

════════════════════════

OOC:

-◎-

You say that I'm paranoid
                                                  But I'm pretty sure the world is out to get me
                                                  It's not like I make the choice
                                                  To let my mind stay so ******** messy

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:52 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                As the boy made his comment about her mother, Wyn felt as though she'd been punched in the side. She tried her best not to show it. Really, it had been nice to have her mother around, and Wyn had taken for granted the sound of her voice. She missed how pleasant it had been. She also missed the warm hugs, the meals she didn't have to cook, the adventures they'd go on... though her father was doing his best to play the role of both parents, a girl Wyn's age needed her mum. And Wyn did not understand why the woman had changed so suddenly. She knew her mother was alive, but it didn't really feel like it. The mum she knew was gone and Wyn doubted she'd ever see her again. It was a mourning she had to do every day, but there hadn't been a funeral and there wouldn't be. She felt her eyes sting with moisture and she choked back the sudden emotion. Now you've done it, she thought. He's gonna think you're weird, and he'll probably tell everyone. Still, she let herself move on. There wasn't much else to be done about it now, and the conversation didn't stop, for which she was very grateful.

"I like all kinds," she responded to his question about music. "Well, not all kinds I guess. It has to at least mean something, it can't be just the obnoxiously repetitive nonsense people only make because it's catchy. It needs to bring some kind of feeling. And you're right that quieter music is nicer." She thought she might be rambling a bit, but it was all she could do to move on from the onslaught of upsetting thoughts and memories. Music was a nicer subject than mothers.

He proceeded to introduce himself, looking back at another boy around his age sitting behind them. She offered a wave to their onlooker who Brian had introduced as Eric. She wondered how long he'd been watching. "Nice to meet you both," she said loud enough that they both could hear.

She was happy to hear that he'd be going to Hogwarts soon. Good, I'll have an acquaintance or two after all, she thought. Her eyebrows wrinkled together a little when he spoke about school. "Wait, have you never been?" she asked him. "To school I mean, like at all?" She thought about her own early school days and wondered what it would have been like if she hadn't gone. There was so much she wouldn't know, both academically and socially. "School's not bad at all, and my dad's told me loads about Hogwarts. It sounds wonderful, and I'm going this autumn. So... if you need a friend, you'll have me." She pushed herself a little at that last. It was, she thought, maybe a little bold to offer a hand in friendship so early, but Brian was at least as nervous about school as she was and maybe a friend would ease those nerves.

He then pointed out that the handful of candies she was holding were not your everyday sweet-tooth satisfiers. She dropped them back in the bin feeling a little foolish. "Oh um, thanks for telling me." She laughed a bit at the absurdity. "Do you know which ones are safe to eat?" She considered it for a minute before amending, "On second thought, I'll just make some sweets at home later, I think I have some dutch-processed cocoa for tootsies."

OOC:
                                                Diamond Wales

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:45 pm
User Image
                                                  I don't like my mind right now
                                                  Stacking up problems that are so unnecessary
                                                  Wish that I could slow things down
                                                  I wanna let go but there's comfort in the panic

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Brian was confused when Wyn suddenly got uncomfortable with the conversation about mums. He glanced back to Eric, who wore a pained expression. He could understand why Eric didn't like talking about his mum, Brian's mum and dad had killed his parents. But he wasn't sure about why Wyn looked uncomfortable. Probably something he said, he reasoned. What, he had no clue, and he was glad when Wyn latched onto the question about music. "It really is. My therapist said that music was good for when you didn't feel good. Also helps when you're trying to figure stuff out, too."

He tried thinking about what kinds of music he enjoyed, but he hadn't listened to much of it yet. Eric had said he didn't know much either, but he figured he could ask about what kinds there were. Maybe Wyn knew some he'd enjoy or something. "I wouldn't mind hearing other kinds. Mister Luke said that the kind I tend to listen to was classical or something. I certainly wouldn't mind hearing other types."

He smiled when she at least included Eric, though the other boy didn't do much beyond nodding and humming. However, when she asked how he hadn't been to school before, Eric chose to speak up, his eyes flicking between Brian and Wyn. "Brian's mum and dad didn't let him go to school, and I barely went to my first year of primary. I just told him what I remember about it." Brian couldn't hide the wince when Eric mentioned he hadn't been at school long. It was his fault, after all. If his parents hadn't wanted to bring another kid home for him, Eric would have gone to school and everything.

Something in Brian's expression must have tipped Eric off to take over the conversation, and the white-haired boy finally got off the box he'd been tapping his heels against. "We heard about Hogwarts because Miss Steffi and Mister Luke had said that's where all magic kids go, though they did warn us that sometimes crazy stuff happened. I'm just not sure I'll like it. Brian's been the one curious about it." He shrugged good-naturedly and Brian let out a breath he hadn't known he was holding. Eric only noticed and nudged Brian. "I bet you know more about it than we do. They wanted some of it to be a surprise."

Brian relaxed since it seemed like Eric was actually talking, though when Wyn asked which ones were safe, he shrugged. "You'd have to ask Mister Luke. He owns the place. He just brought us out because we needed to get out of the house.".

════════════════════════

OOC:

-◎-

You say that I'm paranoid
                                                  But I'm pretty sure the world is out to get me
                                                  It's not like I make the choice
                                                  To let my mind stay so ******** messy

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                Wyn nodded in agreement with Brian's musings about music. She'd been listening to it more and more in her spare time. "There are lots of types of music," she offered. If he liked quieter music, he probably wouldn't be into the heavy metal she listened to. He might appreciate some of the oldies, but Wyn felt compelled to share something a little more mellow and a little more meaningful. "Right now, my favorite artist is called 'Sleeping at Last.' A lot of his music sounds kinda sad, but I really like the lyrics. It's like listening to poetry. Maybe I'll send you some songs, do you have an email?"

She was glad when Eric, the white-haired onlooker, joined in. It felt a little odd carrying on conversation with his friend while he just stared. Plus, now she had two acquaintances. The more the merrier. A lot of what he said, however, gave Wyn a little cause for concern. What kind of parent doesn't let their kid go to school? she thought, unsure how to respond. She listened to Eric's slightly vague explanation and wondered if she should pry, but decided it was best not to dive too deep into sensitive subjects. She simply said, "That's odd, about your parents not letting you go to school." She turned to Eric. "I guess I won't tell you too much about Hogwarts, I don't want to spoil the surprise of it. I'm not sure what kind of crazy stuff they're talking about, but it will be great! I'm sure it'll surprise you. If you want, you can find me on the train there and we can sit together."

She shrugged at Brian's mention of the store owner, having been put off the sweets. "That's okay, I probably should just stick to my own sweets. I guess you can't always trust the candy you buy," she laughed, and her smile stretched to her eyes. She was glad Luke had brought them to the store. Wyn, of all people, knew how important it was to get out of the house. She'd also be glad to leave the store having made friends, if the boys were amenable.

OOC:
                                                Diamond Wales

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out