Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
The Lilting Lyre ~Open and Hiring! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caedmon68

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:14 pm
User Image
Elisabeth Barrows
Former Hufflepuff
Owner of Stunning Stories and Fascinating Facts
42 years of age
Wearing: a sundress and sandels

Elisabeth rushed into the Lilting Lyre, smiling quickly at the woman standing there. "Sorry I am in such a rush, but I am sneaking in while my daughter is getting a wand. She has forbidden me from going with her, says she is too grown up." Elisabeth knew that her smile wasn't happy, but she couldn't help that. She was a little saddened to see her little girl grow up. She looked over the wares, and her smile changed to a frown.

"I'm afraid that my daughter is the avid musician, and I only know the most basic parts. I like to listen, but I can't play. She already has a violin, but what all would she need to take to school with her to keep herself entertained and her instrument in good working order for four months? Her father normally manages all this, but he asked me to get it from a magical shop since she is going to Hogwarts. I don't know if it makes any difference where it comes from, but I told him I didn't mind." Elisabeth shrugged a little, shaking off her ignorance, and leaned forward, eager to buy the surprise for Calliandra. Neither Elisabeth nor Freddie had mentioned that they were getting her more music before she went off to school.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:38 pm
Life is like a big merry-go-round
You're up and then down
Going in circles tryin' to get to where you are
Everybody's been cutting you out
But where are they now?

User Image
User Image

MusicalxxArtisan ♪♫♬ OwnerxofxLiltingxLyre ♪♫♬ MotherxxofxxOne

Tassy was behind her counter trying not to look like she wasn't glaring at a group of students goofing off by her percussion instruments. She swore if one of those little bastards left a greasy fingerprint on one detail of chrome she was going to stuff her heels so far up their collective arses their mother's womb would feel it. Goddess she both loved and hated the summer months; the earnings alone from music sales, instrument repairs and even private lessons should soothe the wounds of loud voices, sticky and/or greasy fingerprints left on instruments and the gratuitous peacock shows of teens trying to show off to friends or (more often than not) the object of their hormonal affections. She wasn't entirely sure which group the current teenagers belonged to but from the loud giggling happening from within it she was willing to bet a hefty sum on the latter.

Tassy was about to conveniently need something by that section to snoop when a woman came in with a whirlwind of activity and words, most of it directed at her. Before she could reply with other than a "welcome" the woman was gone to look at instruments leaving her with a slight frown. Ridley had an independent streak at least double the length of the Nile but she very much doubted that would even stop her from seeing her daughter get her wand. And she was pretty sure Les would laugh himself silly if she used the excuse that she was too grown up for them to be there. But she didn't know her or her family so she really had no right to judge. Out loud. Then the woman came back first saying she had no idea what she was actually looking for (not exactly a rarity in her shop) before going on to explain that her daughter played the violin and she wondered what exactly the girl would need to keep up her instrument and she would guess her practicing while she was away at school.

"Well as far as instrument maintenance, for four months all I can really see her not necessarily needing but having in case of emergency would be a set of replacement strings. In all actuality four months isn't really allot to do to a violin unless she's playing it twenty-four seven. If she doesn't have one perhaps maybe some buffing cloth to keep her instrument and strings clean of residue as well as maybe some more rosin for her bow. As for keeping her entertained, well, how long as she been playing the violin and what level would you say she was at? From novice to say um...London Philharmonic." Tassy ranged internally wincing. She hated when she had to ask such a thing since some parents tend to boast their children's supposed accolades and try pushing them into much more advanced pieces than what they were ready for. The woman didn't seem that way but she did only just meet her.

Caedmon68

Quote:

I'd rather stand tall
Than live on my knees
'Cause I'm a conqueror
And I won't accept defeat
Try telling me no
One thing about me
Is I'm a conqueror
[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: Work] [With: A customer] [Feeling: Curious] [Thinking: Okaayy...]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Caedmon68

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:28 pm
User Image
Elisabeth Barrows
Former Hufflepuff
42 years of age
With: A woman
Wearing: A sundress and sandels

Elisabeth smiled a little more, trying to make up for the fact that the woman looked uncomfortable with her question. Sorry, sometimes I'm a bit of a whirlwind. A rude one, too. My Calliandra has been playing for a few years now, and she is good for her age. At least, I think she sounds lovely.” Elisabeth paused for a moment, thinking. ”She is probably around intermediate. Not a novice anymore,” Elisabeth winced, thinking about the months of noise that came from Calliandra's room when she started, ”but she is only eleven, and she is not exactly up to the London Philharmonic's standards yet. I think we will have to give her a few years to get there."

Calliandra could become that skilled, if she wanted. Of that, Elisabeth had no doubt. But she was still young, and she was still learning. “Speaking of rude, I haven't even offered my name, have I? I am Elisabeth, and I am shopping for my daughter Calliandra. If I am lucky, I will get back in time to watch her get her wand through the window, where she can't see me. That is why I am in the rush.” She held out her hand, continuing, ”As far as the other things, I am sure she has a buffing cloth in her case or something. But an extra set of strings would be nice. I don't want to get an owl saying she needs strings yesterday, and she does play a lot – though not 24/7. Umm..Rosin would probably be a good idea, too, if you think she might use it.”

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:26 pm
Life is like a big merry-go-round
You're up and then down
Going in circles tryin' to get to where you are
Everybody's been cutting you out
But where are they now?

User Image
User Image

MusicalxxArtisan ♪♫♬ OwnerxofxLiltingxLyre ♪♫♬ MotherxxofxxOne

Tassy offered the woman a congenial grin at her apology for her early run-on of sentences not really offended since she knew she did the same. She nodded as the mother gave a fair assessment of her child's abilities and wondered if she had restocked from the earlier shipment of books yet to show to the customer. She couldn't give a fair and honest opinion for the music books because she wasn't entirely sure what the daughter actually liked, but perhaps her mother knew some of it. The owner was about to offer and go get a selection of them for her to look at when the other woman started in on introductions for her and her absent daughter. And also emphasized that she was in a rush to go back to her daughter.

'Okaayy...' was Tassy's only thought as she shook the offered hand before replying. "Hi Elizabeth, my name's Tassy and as far as the music books go...since you've expressed that you're in a rush there's not much I can offer until you and your daughter come back together. Or if you come back alone with more time. We have a small but varied selection for our musical library and I'd hate to recommend something that you pay for that your daughter absolutely hates. For the strings you're in better luck since from your depiction and for her age group I always recommend the Red Label string set. It comes with two replacement strings for the A and D strings and one for the E and G strings. It's a very good brand for younger players due to their resilience and loud sound. However, if you're willing to pay a little more, the D'Addario Helicore Violin Set, also good for young players, is more towards the intermediate set like your daughter. They offer a more robust sound and they offer instruction on how to change the strings for themselves instead of having to rely on an instructor or music clerk who will undoubtedly charge for it. We have both in stock with the Red Label being nine galleons five sickles and the D'Addario at twelve galleons eleven sickles. Rosin, despite what some would say, is all generally the same with the main difference being the light rosin which is both lighter in consistency and color and the darker rosin. No matter which you prefer to buy they won't go past ten sickles. Did I get everything? Do you still have more questions?" Tassy asked tucking a stray strand of her curly hair back in place.

Caedmon68

Quote:

I'd rather stand tall
Than live on my knees
'Cause I'm a conqueror
And I won't accept defeat
Try telling me no
One thing about me
Is I'm a conqueror
[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: Work] [With: A customer] [Feeling: Curious] [Thinking: Okaayy...]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Caedmon68

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:54 am
User Image
Elisabeth Barrows
Former Hufflepuff
42 years of age
Wearing: Sundress and sandals

Elisabeth took a deep breath, trying to think through her options. Lia might not even use the strings, but it still would likely be better to get her the more expensive set. It wouldn't do for her to need to ask a teacher to change her personal strings, if anyone at Hogwarts would be ready and willing. "I think the D'Addario strings would suit her well, especially the directions. If the rosins work the same, we'll say the light kind. As for books, you are probably right. I will come back later - maybe while she is on her way to school. It wouldn't be a bad surprise for her first package from home. How much would all that run me?"

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:21 pm
User Image
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 7th Year Repeat> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Music Club, Dueling Club, and Fite Club Member><Quidditch Team Beater>
Wearing: A Casual Shopping Date Look
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mattie didn't need much from the Lilting Lyre that day during winter break besides a few picks but she was thinking of picking up some instruction books and sheet music for the music club. Still, she loved to visit the shop. It just smelled like home. Maybe there in the Lilting Lyre she could bring up a subject to Simon that had been nagging on her. She hadn't even brought it up to Eden. Eden would likely freak out or at least Callie talked some reason into him. She trusted Simon more with this but she also feared he would think she was abandoning her music. She wasn't. She just needed insurance until the right person saw her beyond the sea of pretty blondes at open mic night. Not insurance exactly she did have the NHS, she was British thank Heavens not a barbarian. She needed rent and food and incidentals. She needed a job that paid a steady enough income until she made her big break.

Shaking off the fog of her mind one of the many things she found herself asking if it was situational or biological. Was it her neurons misfiring or the stress of thinking about her future? Taking a deep breath she looked up from the Intermediate Instruction book for piano she was thinking about donating to the Music Club as a farewell. Looking to Simon she set down the book and two picks she had picked up on a nearby shelf and she signed, "Simon... I was thinking..." Mattie waited for him to respond or confirmation she needed to speak up to get his attention.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                °• Baby doll, when it comes to a lover
                                                I promise that you'll never find another like •°

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? The Lilting Lyre
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mattie
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Diagon Date
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder what she's been thinking...
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Nervous

Simon was glad to have a day with Mattie, even if they were only wandering around Diagon Alley. Of course, it hadn't been a long trek for him, given that his apartment was pretty close, but it was still a nice day out. Besides, he'd managed to lose one of his drumsticks that morning, and since he hadn't had time to deep clean his music room, he'd have to wait... or just get a new pair or two. He wasn't sure if Mattie actually needed anything, but they both liked to wander around the music shop. Maybe eventually one would open up in Hogsmeade for the music students too.

He'd been working a lot the past few weeks, so it was a welcome change to just wander, so long as he wasn't alone. Mattie always made for good company, even if it was simple wandering or lunch study dates. As he was looking through a few instructional books (he had been trying to branch to some other percussion instruments of late), he noticed Mattie's hands moving. Under his hat, Simon's hair changed to a curious teal as he looked over at the girl. "...I was thinking..."

Something about those words struck a worry in Simon's heart, hair quickly swirling to a bright blue. "Thinking? About what? Is there something I can help with?" He looked over, hoping she would indeed offer something he could help with. Perhaps he'd been reading too many dramatic books lately, because 'I was thinking' sounded awfully worrisome otherwise. He bit his lip, wondering what Mattie's next move would be. He really, really liked being with Mattie, and he wasn't sure he could handle any bad news right now.

{{Wearing :: Winter Blues}}
          mc2
          Simon = #A46582

Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀɪsᴇ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sᴜɴᴋᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ, ʙʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:55 pm
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 7th Year Repeat> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Music Club, Dueling Club, and Fite Club Member><Quidditch Team Beater>

Mattie and Simon had been friends and then something more for a while. She had a fairly good grasp of Simon's colors. Besides it didn't take a genius in the wizarding world to know when a meta changed colors or looks usually something emotional was going on. Blue... blue was worry, right? Mattie swore under her breath for a full minute before quickly trying to solve the situation. She hadn't even said anything about being a hit wizard and he was on high alert!

Hands moving rapidly she signed, "No. It's not anything bad. It could be good. I swear! I mean I already made my mind up about it... I just don't want you to think badly of me. Maybe it is selfish but I want your support." She paused and hoped she had made things clearer. Maybe she should have made this into a song or something. That sounded easier than the discussion she already started sourly. The next chart topper "I want to be a Hit Wizard". Oh, it actually would have worked. She was going to be a hit wizard but she also planned to write and perform the next musical hits.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....

Gryffindor!
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder what she's been thinking...
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Curious

Simon was quite worried, though a big part of him reminded him that Mattie wouldn't be the type to spring a breakup on him in the middle of a store... probably. Maybe at a dinner, but not in their favorite store. His gaze flicked back and forth, feeling the nervousness build up. What if Eden had told her about their weird interactions last fall, or that Simon had been too scared to actually do anything at the range... What if that was Mattie's dealbreaker?!

He watched Mattie's hands move, explaining that it wasn't anything bad. That... was reassuring. Apparently it was something she'd already made her mind up about, though she thought it was selfish. With a small sigh, Simon's hair swirled to a thoughtful yellow. He reached a hand out, resting his fingertips on her hand for a second, then moved to start his own signs. "Mattie, you know I'm always here to support you. As long as it's not... a crime or anything. And even then... maybe. No, anyway, what's been on your mind?" He hoped that sharing some support would help Mattie feel more comfortable in sharing her thoughts. His hair flicked back to a curious teal as he awaited her next words.

mc2
          Simon = #A46582

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:45 am
User Image

Mattie let out a breath of relief as Simon's hair turned to yellow and he began to answer. She let out a small chuckle when Simon assured her he would support her as long as it wasn't crime just to amend his statement to say even then he might. She had created a false narrative in her head where even the supportive Simon would be horrid to her about her decision. Typical of her, Mattie supposed.

Mattie signed: "It's definitely the opposite of crime. It is about my future. I swear this doesn't mean I'm giving up on my music. I couldn't give up on that if I tried... just there will be rent and food bills and even with the NHS I do have to pay a few pounds for medication and I don't know I'd like to buy a pretty dress or two occasionally... starting out I'm not going to pay that with music alone. I thought about it. I originally wanted to go into medicine like Eden but I'm not him and my herbology and potions scores were so bad even taking them twice I felt it wasn't even worth trying NEWT levels. So I was thinking about what I am good at. Besides music. And Defense Against the Dark Arts always came easy and I am Hell of a dueler. With everyone helping me, you helping me, and my studies I really should get the extra OWLs I need too."

Mattie took a deep breath and said, "I know it is dangerous but I thought I'd sign up as a hit wizard and do that as I work to grow my music career. Sir and Ma'am after all have stressed I need a practical back-up plan because even a good musician doesn't always get the chance they deserve." She shrugged and said in a small voice, "I haven't told anyone else yet. I wanted to tell you first. I get..." she returned to signing, "I get if you aren't okay with this but like I said I already made up my mind on this." If there was one thing Mattie was it was stubborn.

Gryffindor!
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:39 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? That sounds like a great idea
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Loving

Simon grinned when Mattie chuckled over his words, then watched her move to sign. The opposite of crime, and in fact, she was wanting to discuss her future. Apparently she'd been looking into other careers to pair alongside her music, and was explaining her rationale for each. She wanted to make sure she would have money for spending and her medicines, and as much as he wanted to offer to help pay for her life, he knew this one was a decision Mattie had to make for herself.

She spoke aloud, saying she decided to sign up as a hit-wizard. Simon's hair shifted to a soft raspberry as concern swirled through, but just as quickly as it came, it twirled to a confident gold. She told him first? It made his heart happy that she'd thought of him. When she again confirmed that she had made up her mind, Simon leaned forward and gently kissed Mattie's cheek. "Mattie, I couldn't be more proud of you. It will be hard work, but no matter what, we can make it work. Even if we just start small until your big break. Plus, we have a couple friends in the music industry that can probably help. And it will all work out." He offered over a grin, glad that she'd trusted him enough to make this work. He held Mattie's hands for a second, then smiled as his hair shifted to the deep maroon color that it liked to be whenever he was with Mattie.

"Somehow or another, everything will be great. And I know you'll be awesome as a hit wizard. You're a fantastic duelist. And any time you want to practice, we can visit the range in Hogsmeade for dueling. Maybe we can get some of our friends to do a dueling tournament or something!" He grinned happily, already running through scenarios in his head. The messy-haired male was just hopeful that he was able to make Mattie feel more comfortable with his decision. "No matter what, I'm here for you, Mattie."

mc2
          Simon = #A46582

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:03 pm
User Image

Raspberry. That wasn't good. Raspberries themselves were fine even good but as her boyfriend's hair color it worried Mattie. She twisted a ring on her finger holding her breath as she waited for more of an indication of what Simon thought. Gold. Gold was good. Gold was golden in Mattie's book. Simon's kiss on her cheek was even better. Simon began to sign his thoughts and Mattie watched intently unconsciously biting her bottom lip. Simon encouraged her that her music dreams would come true and took her hands for a moment. The warmth was welcoming as Simon continued.

Mattie grinned even before Simon vowed his support and loved him all the more for encouraging her goal as a hit wizard, too. Simon's support was something that always helped Mattie but his usual calm despite his own swirling emotions brought peace to Mattie's busy mind. "I'd like that," Mattie admitted aloud. Smiling she signed, "We could invite Eden too. You two went out together and I hear Eden behaved. Or he said he did. He'd love to do some dueling." She paused as she leaned forward to kiss Simon on the cheek and whispered aloud, "As for your support... thank you."

Gryffindor!
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? That sounds like a great idea
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Confident

Simon was glad that Mattie seemed to be relaxing now that she'd shared her news. Honestly, Simon was really happy that Mattie trusted him enough to share her thoughts, especially about the future. And as he signed, he realized she wasn't upset about the thought of a future... with him. After kissing her cheek, the male noticed that she seemed happy with that too. As they continued to hold hands for a moment, the blonde spoke, saying she'd like to spend time doing dueling practice.

Their hands broke contact for a moment, and he watched her sign that they could invite Eden since they'd had fun on their meet-up a couple months ago. Then.... she kissed his cheek and thanked him for his support. Simon's hair changed to an excited pink before warming back to the loving maroon he normally sported around Mattie. "No matter what, I'll always support you, Mattie. I'm just so happy you trust me to know your plans. Plus, I really like plans and planning, which makes me happy anyway."

He grinned happily, then moved to wrap an arm around her waist. A flicker of nervous blue twirled in, but as a confident gold took over, he took a second to speak up.

"I love you, Mattie Harper."

mc2
          Simon = #A46582

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:13 pm
User Image

Mattie half laughed and grinned at Simon's joke. She signed quickly, "Do you like planning? Maybe there was a reason I told you... oh and that you are my boyfriend and I trust you." The fact Simon was so supportive of her plans gave her a strength to tell her family. She doubted her parents would be entirely against her working as a hit wizard just worried if she could handle the responsibility. And even Eden would support her but he could be a bit overprotective. Things were going to work out. She was confident they would because she could make this work. In the end failing her OWLs wouldn't even matter.

She blushed as Simon wrapped his arm around her and pulled her to him before he confessed his love for her aloud. She leaned her head against his shoulder and agreed, "Me too. I love you, too."

She leaned in to kiss him briefly before stepping away and signing, "We should get our stuff and check out." Her heart pounded with excitement and hope as she considered her future. She might not know exactly what her future held but she felt it was good. The thought terrified her but her therapist reminded her often enough to hold onto hope when it came to her.

Gryffindor!
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:25 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Don't forget why we're shopping...
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Silly

Simon grinned back at Mattie when she laughed about his commentary of being a planner. "I do happen to like planning. And I'm very glad you told me. I'll do everything I can to help with this transition." Of course, a big part of the aforementioned transition was to make sure Mattie passed her required classes. Then again, Simon had been to the library to study the subjects she'd chosen that he hadn't taken. Though, he figured another part of Mattie's worry would be telling her family. Her parents... would probably approve the career at least to some degree, though they'd probably comment on her mental health and make her worry needlessly. Eden... was a whole different can of beans.

Simon knew that Mattie had a lot on her mind, and having a super overprotective brother probably didn't help. Perhaps he'd ask Callie for some intel... But for now, he wanted to be in the moment. It had been a long time since they'd had a date anywhere other than Hogsmeade and he was determined to enjoy it. After professing his love, Mattie agreed, saying she loved him back. She gave him a kiss, turning his hair a wild, electric blue, and his cheeks a flushed pink.

When she stepped away, Simon felt a twinge of sad, even though she'd only stepped a couple feet back. Stupid emotions. His hair shifted to a much softer blue as he allowed himself to smile and remember why they'd actually gone to this shop. Moving quickly, he grabbed a few pairs of new sticks, as well as a book on drum solos he'd been eyeing for a few weeks now. Carefully adjusting the items in his arms, Simon signed over, "Did you need anything else? I'll pay for whatever you need."

mc2
          Simon = #A46582

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3