Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
The Lilting Lyre ~Open and Hiring! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:03 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆 ℱ𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝒆 ℋ𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝒆𝓷𝓽

Joellen looked at her feet, then listened to Tassy say she'd offer a sock if she had one. "I have little feeties..." After remembering her missing status, Jo was curled into Tassy's arms, listening to the woman's reassurance. Apparently if her baby went missing, she'd look every which way! That was a bit comforting. A second later, Jo stepped back a tiny bit, letting her eyes and nose be cleaned up. A man came over and said his name was Tyler. Had he been there the whole time? Now that she wasn't urgently panicking, the world focused a bit more. The girl waved at Tyler, looking a bit wary. "Hi Misser Tyler. I'm sorry I didn' see you... I'm Joey. Well... 'M Joellen, but I like Joey too." She nodded, eyes wide. When Tassy offered to play her some music with Tyler, the girl's eyes widened, a bit of a smile creeping up as her tears dried on her cheeks. "Like... like Un'er the Sea? From Ariel? That's my very most favorite!" She hugged Mr Flipper tight again, clinging to the hope that they could indeed play her favorite song.

Bʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ, I ɴᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ
Oғᴛᴇɴ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜʏ I ᴛʀʏ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅ
Sᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡᴇɪɢʜs ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛs ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴀsᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ
Tᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ. Iᴛ's ᴛʀᴜᴇ, I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ
A ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ, ʏᴇs

𝒯𝑜𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓇𝑜𝓌 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝐵𝑒 𝒦𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇

{OoC}
Mephis Inferni

Yukina101

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:34 am
User Image
User Image
Mυѕιc Iɴѕтrυcтor Forмer Gryғғιɴdor

Tyler was touched by how motherly Tassy was being. He knew about little Ridley, though he didn't know the whole story and figured it wasn't one Tassy shared with just anyone, so he figured she would have at least a little bit of motherly instinct to her. However, the way she was acting towards Joey, it made his heart swell. It reminded him of his own children, when they were young. Joey introduced herself to him formally and quite adorably, to which he bowed in response. Tassy suggested he play a song for Joellen, which he thought was a wonderful idea. Music always made him happy, surely it would work on Joey as well. Walking back to the counter, he opened up his case and took out his guitar. It was a red and black acoustic, one of his favorites. "Under the Sea, hm? I think I know that one," he said with a smile as he began to strum the cheery tune. If only they had some brass and wind players in the shop with them. It would be a beautiful sound, but it was just him and Tassy at the moment. Hopefully it was enough to please Joellen.

Some dreams stay with you forever, drag you around but bring you back to where you were.
                                                      Some dreams keep on gettin' better, gotta keep believin' if you wanna know for sure.
                                                      I can hear 'em playin'. I can hear the ringin' of a beat up ol' guitar.
                                                      I can hear 'em singin', keep on dreamin', even if it breaks your heart.

x x x x

Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:05 pm
User Image
Just shoot for the stars if it feels right
And aim for my heart if you feel like it
Take me away and make it okay
I swear I'll behave

User Image

User Image Taken | Owner of Lilting Lyre/Performer | Musical Artisan

Tassy smiled at the cute formal introduction Joey gave for herself towards Tyler before tossing the used tissues into the nearest trash bin. At her song suggestion the little girl seemed to perk up a bit allowing her to feel a small thrill of triumph while watching her friend walk back to his guitar case to pull out his instrument. Hearing the suggested song she nearly snorted telling herself she should've expected it since she had been clinging a tiny fish. She didn't watch many Disney princess films with Ridley, just ones she was sure would catch her eye and keep her attention and thankfully one of them had been "The Little Mermaid." Frankly she hadn't seen the appeal; give up everything you know for a man you didn't, cut and dry stupid to her. But who was she to critique a kids movie? Soon enough Tyler was strumming along to the tune before she pulled away from Joey and sat at the nearest baby grand adding background notes until she figured out the key and tempo then joining in with the melody. The song almost made her wish she sold those Caribbean drums but then knowing her clientele like she did she was more glad she hadn't. Just another thing to clean after sticky fingers were smudged all over them and a headache after someone tried to "expertly" play them. Thank Legba she kept the drum sets packaged or else she might've actually murdered someone. The only demo drum set was towards the back generally she kept the sticks behind the counter to discourage it's use and so far it's been working. When the song had finished she politely applauded Tyler for the song before looking back at Joey. "Did you like it? I'm not as familiar with it as Tyler is but I hope we did it justice." Tassy asked her with a tiny shrug and laugh.

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

You wanted control so we waited
I put on a show now we're naked
You say I'm a kid my ego is big
I don't give a s**t and it goes like this
[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: Shop] [With: Tyler and a little girl] [Feeling: Concerned [Thinking: Awww]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆 ℱ𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝒆 ℋ𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝒆𝓷𝓽

Joellen wiped her eyes, excited to hear the song. Her foot was cold, but for now, she'd forgotten her being lost. Tyler played the guitar and Miss Tassy played the fancy piano, and Jo decided to sing along, having long since memorized Sebastian's song. When they were all done, Jo had a sheepish grin on her face. "We did the whole song!" She grinned, walking over to Tyler. "How d'you play that? My daddy used to play it, but he's a angel now." She looked up at him, her eyes looking a bit haunted. Her train of thoughts kicked up at her words, and it led her back to her missing momma. She looked toward the window, her shaking starting up again. It had been like... fifteen whole hours by now, surely! She sniffled, then looked around for a clock. Quietly, she started tearing up again. "Did... did momma f'rget me?" She started crying again, this time louder. What if she was being left all over again?! This wasn't even Miss Steffi's house!

Bʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ, I ɴᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ
Oғᴛᴇɴ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜʏ I ᴛʀʏ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅ
Sᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡᴇɪɢʜs ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛs ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴀsᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ
Tᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ. Iᴛ's ᴛʀᴜᴇ, I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ
A ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ, ʏᴇs

𝒯𝑜𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓇𝑜𝓌 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝐵𝑒 𝒦𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇

{OoC}
Mephis Inferni

Yukina101

The Shiny Furret

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Mephis Inferni

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:30 pm
User Image

I am the firexxx
                                                          I am burning brighterxxxxxx
                                                          Roaring like a stormxxx
                                                          And I am the onexxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxLocationxxx
                                                          Diagon Alleyxxxxxx
                                                          xxxxxxxxxCompanionxxx
                                                          Joellenxxxxxx
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxMoodxxx
                                                          Concerned and thrilledxxxxxx

Elysia was so tired, so distraught as she pushed open the doors to The Lilting Lyre. It was the last shop in sight range of where Joellen took off at the other end of Diagon Alley. Her hair was an absolute mess, her jeans were torn at the knees after her fall and her palms were covered in dirt and dried blood. Her makeup was smeared, leaving streaks across her face as she peered around the relatively quiet shop. Until she heard something peculiar...crying.

"J-Joellen!" Elysia cried out in a raspy voice, strained from her previously yelling. She moved through the shop with purpose, dodging instruments until she spotted the little girl between two adults. Her first instinct was to fight as she raised her wand towards the pair, eyes flashing dangerously. But her senses caught up to her and she lower her wand and dropped to her knees before the little girl. "Joellen...are you okay? You scared me to death running off like that. I'm so sorry." The little shoe slipped from her grasp as she opened her arms up towards the girl.

xxxOOC:xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          xxxxxx
                                                          xxxI've been waiting for
                                                          xxxxxxScreaming like a siren
                                                          xxxAlive and burning brighter
                                                          xxxxxxxxxI am the fire

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:21 am
User Image
User Image
Mυѕιc Iɴѕтrυcтor Forмer Gryғғιɴdor

Tyler strummed along to the tune from memory, bobbing his head as he played. Soon enough, Tassy joined him on the piano, and even Joellen joined in and started singing along to their song. It was great, and she wasn't a bad singer either. When the song ended, Ty looked to Tassy with a pleasant smile. "That was great, Tassy, and you too, Joey. Good job!" he added to the child with a grin. She approached him, asking how he knew how to play the song and mentioning how her father was an angel. Well, that took a seriously dark turn. Did her father die, leaving only her mother to care for her? How tragic! "I learned to play the guitar when I was about your age, Jo. And don't worry, I'm sure your mother is looking for you right now," he said, just as a woman came bursting into the shop. She looked, honestly, like a crazy person. Her clothes were ripped, her hair was everywhere, and her makeup was smeared. Even her hands were covered in dried blood and dirt. But, she shouted Joellen's name, and appeared to have the girl's missing shoe in her hand. Tyler offered a friendly smile towards the woman, but was met with a wand pointed in his face. "Whoa whoa whoa! It's alright, miss!" he shouted, holding his hands up in surrender. The woman fell to her knees, looking defeated, apologizing to Joey as she reached out for a hug. Tyler wasn't too sure about this woman still, but she seemed to be the missing mother in this situation, so he stood back and let events occur around him as he watched. "Are you Joellen's mother, then? My name is Tyler Macclellan. I just happened to be here with my friend when this sweet little girl came running in," he said. Hopefully that gave her enough information to not try to kill them again.

Some dreams stay with you forever, drag you around but bring you back to where you were.
                                                      Some dreams keep on gettin' better, gotta keep believin' if you wanna know for sure.
                                                      I can hear 'em playin'. I can hear the ringin' of a beat up ol' guitar.
                                                      I can hear 'em singin', keep on dreamin', even if it breaks your heart.

x x x x

Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:05 pm
User Image
Just shoot for the stars if it feels right
And aim for my heart if you feel like it
Take me away and make it okay
I swear I'll behave

User Image

User Image Taken | Owner of Lilting Lyre/Performer | Musical Artisan

Tassy grinned as Joey decided to join Tyler and herself in the song by singing along and when they finished she applauded the little girl for her singing ability. It wasn't a horrendously difficult song or pitch range (she didn't even want to think about "Let It Go") but it was still rather impressive for the little girl to not only know all the words but the inflections as well. She watched with amusement as she went to badger Tyler about his playing ability and turned her attention away from them to close the piano and saw movement out the corner of her eye outside her shop door. She narrowed her eyes as a haggard looking woman came in and was about to question her when she cried out the little girl's name and ran over to her while also pointing a wand in hers and her friend's faces. And if anyone anywhere had ever met her for even five minutes they would know there is only one true way to piss her off: threaten her with magic. Granted, she knew the woman had to have gone through a tough time running around looking for her daughter but that still didn't give her the right to do what she just did. Tassy's previous pleasant expression slid off her face and gave way to a steely eyed glare and crossed arms while Tyler attempted to calm the rattled woman down. "First, it's very rude to come bursting into someone's store with a weapon pointed in their face. Second of all my companion is right, we haven't done anything untoward on your daughter, in fact we've been spending the time calming her down from her small meltdown. In fact the only reason I'm even being remotely polite right now is because I can see you've practically run yourself into the ground looking for her." The musician huffed a bit uncrossing her arms and looking down at the little shoe that the woman had just dropped that she was sure probably matched the lonely one on Joey's foot.

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

You wanted control so we waited
I put on a show now we're naked
You say I'm a kid my ego is big
I don't give a s**t and it goes like this
[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: Shop] [With: Tyler and a little girl] [Feeling: Concerned [Thinking: Awww]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx|| ωιтн [Tassy (soon)] || ωнєяє [Shop Counter] || ωнєη [Summer 2035] || xxxx
                                                          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxxxxYᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʟᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs
                                                          xxxxxxIᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇʏ ғɪɴᴅ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ʜᴇʟʟ,
                                                          xxxxxxOʀ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ﹐ sᴏ ɪs ᴛʜɪs ʜᴇʟʟ ᴏʀ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴ?
                                                          xxxxxxWᴇʟʟ I'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ﹐ I'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴜʀɴ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Avian decided to drag himself out from his room back in Echo's house and get a summer job where he could earn money on his own. Because while he really appreciated Echo and Tanya letting him live with them, that help can stop from there. The money part, Avian thought, was something he should do all by himself without their help- otherwise it would be rude in his opinion. So, his immediate thought was applying on a job that fits his field- music. Besides, when his old guitar was probably a lost cause no matter how he missed it, he would have to get a new one. Maybe, he should consider try to learn how to make his own instruments, that could help.

He entered the shop and went to the counter, and as he looked around Avian was slightly fascinated by instrument in different shape and colors. Seeing a lady behind the counter, he spoke rather politely albeit nervously, "Uh, hello, miss? I was thinking of applying for a job? Or maybe internship?" Avian was going to say 'I dunno' in the last part but he ended up holding himself and thinking that what he said was just enough for her.

Wʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ʀᴜɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴏᴜʀsᴇʟᴠᴇs?xxxxxx
                                                          Fᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʜᴀs ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ɪᴛ's ᴛᴏʟʟ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴇʏᴇsxxxxxx
                                                          Bᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ "ғᴜɴ" ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ I ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢxxxxxx
                                                          Cᴏɴᴠɪɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏᴛ sᴄᴀʀʀᴇᴅxxxxxx

|| Dating Grace Mitchell || Attire || Theme Song ||xxxx

((ooc : stuff ))space

Yukina101

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:24 pm
Life is like a big merry-go-round
You're up and then down
Going in circles tryin' to get to where you are
Everybody's been cutting you out
But where are they now?

User Image
User Image

MusicalxxArtisan ♪♫♬ OwnerxofxLiltingxLyre ♪♫♬ MotherxxofxxOne

Tassy was in the middle of a lull during one of her more busier seasons. Thankfully her shop could keep afloat during every season but her busier ones were definitely when kids and teens were out of school and bugging their parent's hairless. Already she had filled up her own as well as her employee's schedules with new appointments for possible students and if even a third of them stayed she'd be able to afford a bigger Yule bonus for them all. Better yet, since working with her daughter she was formulating lesson plans for toddlers and small children to get them into music at younger ages which would definitely be money in the bank from some of those more snootier parents who liked to show off their kids talents. Honestly she wouldn't want to do business with them otherwise but most of their kids were too adorable to say no to. She was actually in the process of writing one while obviously not staring at a picture of Ridley and Les that she kept behind the counter when the door made a jingle signaling a customer. Tassy peered away from her paper to see a teen look around before coming over to the counter looking nervous. Her curiosity grew when he asked to apply for a job or internship at her store, and he even called her "miss"! Adorable.
"It's Tassy, no 'miss' required. What kind of job are you looking for then? I'm guessing you have one in mind by how nervous you are." the squib asked him with a smirk and wink.

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

I'd rather stand tall
Than live on my knees
'Cause I'm a conqueror
And I won't accept defeat
Try telling me no
One thing about me
Is I'm a conqueror
[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: Work] [With: A kid] [Feeling: Curious] [Thinking: Okaayy...]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:52 pm
                                                          xxxxxxxxx|| ωιтн [Tassy (soon)] || ωнєяє [Shop Counter] || ωнєη [Summer 2035] || xxxx

Avian blinked twice when the lady behind the counter looked up to him, and something invisible just hit his thought. Huh, she reminded him of-- No, actually, she really looked like his Arts Professor! Well, minus the hair, he suppose. "Wow, you..." He began to speak, slightly surprised, "You look like my Arts Professor in Hogwarts. " He was going to ask if they were sisters (well, he was willing to take a stab on that) but he thought that it was rather rude of him to say so. Anyway, going back to what he was supposed to do, he shifted his red glasses and nodded when she introduced herself as Tassy... Well that was weird, the only adults whom he didn't call in a usual polite fashion were his cousins, Tanya, and Jer. But well, they're kind of like young adults but the older lady was a bit different according to his upbringing, but maybe he'll just go with it. He grabbed something from his bag and laid down an application paper on the table before he spoke again, "Right, Tassy. My name is Avian- Avian Lovette. I mean, I'm still studying for my last but I was thinking of assisting the shop, maybe a shop clerk and..." He glanced at some of the nice-looking guitars and wondered if they were made or just bought, "These guitars are nice, by the way. Did someone from here made this or something?" Well, it could be that they just purchase from someone else, but Avian would be glad if someone here was the artisan in making these, maybe he could ask for lessons about it.

Yukina101

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:44 pm
You're up and then down
But where are they now?

User Image
User Image

Tassy blinked once and then snickered as the teen made a comment about how she looked like his professor from school. It always amused her when Hogwarts students did a double take with her because of Tanna, plus some of the time she could pick out which students her sister liked to talk about since only a handful of students took art in a given year. "I saw her around one day and stole her face. I'm kidding, we're just twins." she told him with a small grin short laugh. It was pretty obvious they were at the very least related but questions like these weren't exactly rare. So she liked to have fun with them while she could while her sister just ignored her and her amusement. She watched him shift around for a minute before he pulled a store application out of his bag making her wonder when he came by and grabbed one. Probably when she either wasn't here or was in a lesson.

Hearing him stammer around his introduction and explanation for why he wanted a job at her store made her struggle not to laugh but only give in to a fond amused sort of smile. Had she been this awkward when she was seventeen looking for a job here. Gods, probably. Austin was a saint for not pointing it out to her. His last name though sounded a tad familiar to her. Lovette...Lovette...who did she know by that last name? ********, this was going to annoy her all day. Tassy raised an eyebrow as he randomly trailed off looking over at her collection latest guitar creations and smirked hearing his compliment and seeing the glint in his eyes. "Nice to meet you Avian, I'd introduce you to the rest of the team but they're both in lessons. As for the guitars, thank you for the compliment. I try to make a collection for every season and I got inspired this year with a summer sunrise." Tassy told him proudly looking over her creations with their glossy finishes with colors ranging from a bright red to a rich dark mocha brown with streaks of gold. She wasn't as artistic as her twin but she thought she did alright.

"As for the job, I technically gotta ask you a few questions if that's alright?" The ombre haired woman gave him a slight sheepish shrug before digging around in the counter drawers looking for her employee book where she kept the list of questions for potential hires. Finally finding it after about a minute of searching she breathed out a gust of elation and tucked a blonde strand of hair behind her ear before opening it up to read. "Alright! So, first and most important question, do you play any instruments and or sing? It's not really mandatory that you do, it's more for wanting to understand why you'd want to work here. Actually that's another question; why do you want to work here? Or in your case, summer intern slash work here?" Tassy asked him leaning forward slightly twisting the cap off one of her pens.

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

I'd rather stand tall
Than live on my knees
'Cause I'm a conqueror
Try telling me no
One thing about me
Is I'm a conqueror
[Wearing: Wearing] [Where: Work] [With: A kid] [Feeling: Curious] [Thinking: Okaayy...]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:07 am

"I thought so," Avian just smiled in amusement, something he hadn't done for so long as his days were becoming deader, when Tassy made a joke about it before proceeding to tell him that they're actually twins. That piece of information was something he would consider talking to Professor Hawthorne if he had the time, somehow. Actually, he got the application the day when he left the Leaky Cauldron, and before visiting the treehouse he took a really brief browsing- then considered trying to get a small job in case his dream as a singer just won't work considering his recent... personal conflict. Also, he couldn't be a singer when he didn't even have his own musical instrument because his confiscated guitar was still stuck there in the manor he ran off from, lonely and probably crumbled to dust.

He silently nodded in understanding that he was yet to meet the staff, which was okay. That could wait and he could always (maybe) meet them if he was accepted on the job. For a while, he seemed to forget his depression when the shop owner beamed proudly about her creations- Dear Merlin, so she was the one making these? That was so nice to hear. "Nice, so you did make them. Wish I wasn't broke so I could buy a new one" He sadly said, as his cloudy grey eyes focused from the guitar displays to the older lady (well not Grandma Phyllis old but like... probably Gypsy old? Or Aunt Piper old? Probably somewhere in between).

"Sure, feel free to ask me anything, I suppose." Avian shrugged, as he crossed his arms casually slightly anxious as he anticipated of the questions she was going to ask. After waiting for wait it seemed to like around a minute, he blinked when she brought out a book- what was it about was beyond him but he decided not to ask her about it. Usually, when someone asked him if he played intruments and sing, Avian would perk up like a happy musical teenager he used to be. But since he didn't have the energy to do that, he just politely nodded and answered, "I play a guitar and piano. I learn piano when I was a kid, but I didn't play guitar until my first year- my cousin Gypsy gave me the guitar as a gift for me." Why he decided to share this, he honestly had no idea- there was a mixture of nostalgia and bitter-sweetness in his chest as he said this, then he decided to shove that one on the back of his head before he continued, "Anyway- Yeah, I sing, too, used to want to be a singer and a musician actually.. I'm actually club captain of the music club, so yeah and well..." Avian trailed off as he tried to measure of how he should actually answer the last question instead of saying "I ran away from home, live with my cousin, and that alone was too much that there's no way I'm asking for a single knut from him because that is rather embarrassing". "Hm... Well, I think trying to do things on my own was something I should do so earning stuff is a good idea. And well, I always like music to begin with and..." He flustered, and took lots of guts from him to say the say the last part, "I was also thinking if I could take lesson of... Crafting instruments." Ugh, Avian was so going to be denied in this, was he? Yes, he suppose.

Yukina101

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:44 am
You're up and then down
But where are they now?

User Image
User Image

Tassy frowned at the sadness coming from the teen as he spoke about being too broke to buy one of her guitars. Well not just buy one buy a new one was his exact words, meaning he had one and had either lost it or it had been destroyed. Honestly she hoped for the former, she hadn't seeing remnants of once beautiful instruments. But really unless he came from old money she didn't think a kid had the kind of pocket money to afford one of these right out the gates. Not to brag or anything but, he guitars came at a nice price. Not ostentation or anything but definitely not something one would buy on whim. It certainly made her more curious as to just where he had come from. When he began replying to her questions she wrote down cliffnote versions of his answers nodding along to show him she was listening until she heard a familiar name and interrupted him. "You cousin Gypsy like Gypsy Lovette Gypsy? Ohmygoddess 'Lovette'! That's why I know the name, it's Gypsy and Jer! Wow! You're their cousin? That's so weird, I swear I've heard her talk about you before but I just never caught your name." No wonder the name was familiar, she talked to the younger woman at least three times a week! She would stop by more but her business partner weirded her out in the way that she wouldn't feel guilty about going to jail for assault and battery sort of way. Tassy then realized she had just rudely interrupted Avian and gave him an embarrassed grin and cough before saying, "Sorry, go on."

She listened as he mentioned that he sang and had wanted to make a career of it as well as being captain of his musical club before doing that odd trailing off thing that he had before. It was becoming obvious that something bad had happened to the teen boy, what that exactly was she didn't know and didn't feel comfortable to actually ask him since he was still technically not an employee and just some kid off the street. Maybe she'd bug Gypsy about his backstory once he left. And throw a chew toy at Emmett to keep him busy. She hummed as he explained that he wanted the job to learn to do things on his own which she found admirable and honestly a tad nostalgic since that was the reason she and her sister had moved to London in the first place. Well, it was more her wanting to do stuff on her own and Tanna getting into the college and wanting her Bachelor's. She looked at him curiously as Avian began getting flustered again and she wondered what it was that was making him so nervous before snorting in laughter when he asked to take crafting lessons.

"Alright Avian, you seem like a nice kid, teen, and I honestly understand where you're coming from. Hell, I was in your shoes over a decade ago literally standing where you're standing asking for a job here to be out on my own. So here's what I'm going to do, you'll be hired on a temp basis. You come by every day when we open and we'll find you something to do whether its being a clerk or having to organize the reeds, staple some music paper, whatever. If by the end of the summer you've never caused trouble, been a good worker, and you know not been a complete wanker, once you've graduated I'll take you on as my full fledged apprentice. I'll teach you everything I know and then some. But before we get to all that, you need to do one thing." Tassy looked behind her and grabbed one of the acoustic guitars that had been dropped off days earlier for a fix before motioning with her head for Avian to follow her. She led them to the baby grand in the back of the store and leaned the guitar against it. "Since you said you played both I'm going to need to see a demonstration to see where your skill level is. And before you get persnickety I make all my new hires to this, just in case we short on staff for lessons and need a sub." Well, if she were honest not every new hire. She hadn't made Tyler do it since the man was already a certified teacher plus she really didn't want to hear him play 'Wonderwall'. Again.

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

I'd rather stand tall
Than live on my knees
'Cause I'm a conqueror
Try telling me no
One thing about me
Is I'm a conqueror

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Avian blinked in surprise when Tassy interrupted him to tell him that she knew of his cousin Gypsy, not that he was upset of the interruption. He nodded quietly and mouthed a silent 'yeah' but he was slightly curious about what Gypsy told him to other people- which made his tilt his head. "Really? What did she say about me?" He asked her curiously, not that he was expecting anything negative- he and Gypsy were close, she was the type to be straightly honest to him anytime- that was how he had developments when he was a kid. Good gracious, how embarrassing was his childhood.

As he carefully took word of Tassy had to say about his job, he felt slightly better and at ease when she gave him a throwback short-story of how she was like him when Avian first applied here. So she wasn't the uptight figure after all, not that he thought Professor Hawthorne's sister was one but you know- precaution, he grew up having to be careful around adults. "Sure, I can do that. Thank you." He gave her a small smile, half of it was out of courtesy though. He was relieved that she was willing to teach him musical crafting, it would help him as a singer if you ask him. He should stop thinking about potential things that would make him regret especially those that wouldn't even happen, he knew how to careful. Maybe he could do this? Maybe.

He took her signal and followed her to the back of the room, founding himself with a baby grand piano. He was going to ask her why they were were when she answered it for him without having to say it. Oh, he was going to demonstrate his skills... Well that was a bit of a pressure right there. He didn't even get to play the piano in the music ever since the fiasco last year, but maybe if he could force his mind to get some gears back... Yeah, that might work. He first sat down on the piano seat and tried to get to his mind on what song he should play- probably something from the 2010s songs he learned from songbooks, particularly muggle songs. Playing the first key note of the song he studied since his fifth year, he eventually played further notes of "This is Gospel" by... he forgot who sang it- it was something with an unnecessary exclamation point. Whatever. At first, he whispered the melody during half of the first verse, then eventually he went to sing along. He was singing as if it was through his chest, and it didn't sound as if it was out of necessity. Maybe he really did miss doing this, even if it was around six month or so.

Later, after the song, he picked the guitar and tuned to the correct sounds before strumming it once. Satisfied with the tuning, he played a what seemed to be a popular song he learned the song and fingerstyle from an older Gryffindor student named Jenuel- a muggleborn (not that he cared), and someone who already graduated. It was kind of fun when he remembered that. He sang throughout the song as well, like what he did everytime he was the first to come in the music room and no one had arrived yet- because he just felt he could play it better when he was alone, when there was no audience. After singing a rather semi-relatable song, he cleared his throat and looked up at Tassy to ask, "So, is this okay?"

Yukina101

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:19 pm
You're up and then down
But where are they now?

User Image
User Image

Tassy waved away any worries Avian might've had as he questioned what his cousin might have told her. "Nothing bad, I promise." 'Not about you anyway' she added in her mind as she remembered the rants she had heard about his parents and the rest of her family, bar the immediate. Thankfully he caught on to what she wanted rather quickly and listened as he decided to play the piano first and craned her ears beyond the music, which sounded very familiar, to hear his whispered lyrics to go with it. For a second she wondered if it was handwritten song until she heard the chorus and accompanying high soft notes and her eyes bugged out as she recognized the song from her long ago wayward youth. Hell she had even seen that band on tour when it came through the UK when she was a teen, so the song definitely brought up memories and made her grin. It also made her wonder how the teen knew such an old song, the band had formed, broke to pieces, then split for good before he was even a twinkle in his parent's eyes so either he really knew his music or he had really good musical influences. Either were positives points for her really, and his singing voice was none too bad as well.

She watched him go from the piano to the guitar she brought and listened and watched his technique like she did before as he strummed another familiar tune. Honestly it was far from familiar as she believed that anyone who had any type of background into punk, pop, or rock music should know who the ******** Green Day was but then again, she'd also heard what this new generation considered music so she was pretty sure 2020 was when the real last piece of music was broadcast. Still, Tassy swayed a bit to the music, singing along lowly because c'mon, she had their ultimate collection at home and blasted it at semi-random intervals. When Avian had finished and asked if everything was alright she gave him a thumbs up and a large grin. "Everything's great! You've got a real good handle on both the piano and the guitar as well as a very lovely singing voice if you don't mind me saying. So, yeah, come back tomorrow ready to work and I'll have your paperwork ready for you to sign to send to my partner and the goblins." She gave the teen a quick pat on the shoulder before walking back to the counter to file away his application as well as her evaluations to send to Les and to Gringotts. She wasn't sure on their policy about interns but she didn't want to ******** things over by not at least informing them. They'd been offended by less if the thousands of goblin wars were anything to go by.

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

I'd rather stand tall
Than live on my knees
'Cause I'm a conqueror
Try telling me no
One thing about me
Is I'm a conqueror

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff