Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × All Or Nothing :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:29 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop - Front Desk
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAus
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

σσн, ¢ я α z у ' ѕ ωнαт тнєу т н ι и к αвσυт м є xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αιи'т gσииα ѕ т σ ρ ¢αυѕє тнєу т є ℓ ℓ мє ѕ σ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          '¢αυѕє иιиєту-и ι и є м ι ℓ є ѕ ρєя н σ υ я вαву xxxxxx
                                                          ιѕ нσω f α ѕ т тнαт ι ℓ ι к є тσ g σ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceGypsy blinked an eye open when she heard the bell that announced someone had entered the shop. As convenient as the charm could be, she found herself annoyed at it for the moment. She'd been in the back office, napping, and was quite comfortable laid back on the couch, thank you very much. But, as far as she knew, Em was busy with a customer (or she hoped that's what was going on), and Kenny wasn't due to come in for another hour or so. Alex was off for the day, leaving only Gypsy to handle whoever'd just walked in. She sighed, stretching and yawning in a rather cat-like manner before hopping off the couch and heading up to the front desk.

spaceHer irritation had having her nap interrupted dissipated when she saw who was waiting. She flashed Austmar a smile, bouncing over to the counter. "Well, 'ello, 'ello," she chirped, arms crossing over the counter top as she leaned forward on it. "Nice to see you, Aus. What brings you by my humble little hole in the wall today?" She couldn't describe how relieved she was to see him waiting and not some sleazebucket. Given her profession, she saw her fair share of those. One would think she was used to it by now. Or, well, she was used to it, but that didn't make it less annoying to deal with. She and Em had a system for dealing with the particularly bad ones, but she still had to handle her fair share, much to her chagrin. She found herself hoping Aus wanted a tattoo, and a complicated one at that. The more time it took, the less likely she could take another customer for the remainder of her shift. The chances of the next one being as pleasant to deal with as her friend were pretty slim.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ¢αи'т кєєρ υ ρ ωιтн му я н у т н м
                                                          xxxxxx т н σ υ g н тнєу кєєρ т я у ι и g
                                                          xxxxxxxxx тσσ q υ ι ¢ к fσя тнє ℓ ι и є ѕ тнєу т н я σ ω
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ι ω α ℓ к тσ тнє ѕ σ υ и ∂ σf му σ ω и ∂ я υ м
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ιт g σ є ѕ, тнєу g σ, ωє g σ, нєу уєαн у є α н у є α н

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx« Aυѕтмαя Ƙяιѕтвנσяη Ɛι∂є »xx
Durmstrang Alumni Half-Blood Multi-Linguist Dragon Keeper spacey

< Winter 2035 >
                                                  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxYoυ've ɢoт тнeѕe lιттle тнιɴɢѕ тнαт yoυ've вeeɴ rυɴɴιɴɢ ғroм
                                                  xxYoυ eιтнer love тнeм or I ɢυeѕѕ yoυ doɴ'т?
                                                  xxYoυ're ѕυcн α preттy тнιɴɢ тo вe rυɴɴιɴɢ ғroм αɴyoɴe
                                                  xxA vιѕιoɴ wιтн ɴowнere тo ɢo!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂ ▂

Austmar busied himself in tapping his foot on the floor when Gypsy finally arrived, and so he flashed a smile as well. "Heeey, good to see you, Gyp!"He greeted, "You seem to be in the mood today, what's up?" Not that he never seen his friend being all lively and all, Austmar was pretty sure Gyp was just always like that. But again, small talks made the world round, totally nothing wrong with that unless you're his sister Arni since she didn't like small talks.

"Anyway, I'm obviously here for a tat." Austmar told her, with a humorous streak in his tone. He went to give the folded drawn paper to Gypsy, then he continued, "And yes, it's a badger. But anyway, yeah, I was wondering if you could do that on my arm?" He then casually tapped his left forearm, giving her an idea on where to put the image on. "And no, I didn't draw that, but my brother does" He added, as if he felt it was necessary to give credit to Rubin- but then, Austmar was a terrible at drawing. Also, he liked speaking about his siblings- no matter how annoying there were... Except Vilhelm, maybe. But the twins Reidun and Ragna were a menace, it wasn't even funny.

▂ ▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

So тell мe rιɢнт ɴow, yoυ тнιɴĸ yoυ're reαdy ғor ιт?xx
                                                  I wαɴɴα ĸɴow wнy yoυ ɢoт мe ɢoιɴɢxx
                                                  So leт'ѕ ɢo, we'll тαĸe ιт oυт oғ нerexx
                                                  I тнιɴĸ I'м reαdy тo leαp, I'м reαdy тo lιve! (I'м reαdy тo ɢo!)xx

wιтн [Gypsy] αт [Tattoo Parlor]

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >
                                                  out of character

Cara Miakitty

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:23 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop - Front Desk
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAus
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

spaceGypsy would have snorted at Austmar's question about her mood, if she hadn't record-scratched on his calling her Gyp. She kept the smile on her face, but it became slightly strained. "You're saving me from the horror of creepy customers," she told him flippantly. "You walking in means I've got maybe an hour or so where I'm unavailable if some perv waltzes in here wanting a pretty girl to ink his uglies." Her fingers tapped out a rhythm on the top of the counter, and she toyed with her lip ring while debating. After a pause, she sighing. "Uh, Aus, not that it's anything for you to worry about, but, uh, don't... don't call me Gyp, please?" Her cheeks pinkened slightly, her purple eye's color growing brighter, almost obnoxiously so. "It's just, uh, it's kind of... Jer calls me that, and I don't... only he calls me that, you know?" It wasn't entirely true, since a couple family members had picked it up from him and called her by the nickname, but instances of it were rare, exceptionally so. Besides that, it wasn't really a nickname; it was a petname, one Jer very much held ownership of. Even if she didn't care that he'd get jealous hearing someone else use it, she didn't like when other people did. It felt weird. That was Jer's name for her, no one else's.

spaceShe was thankful for his bringing up the tattoo he wanted, happily taking the paper from him to diffuse the tension she'd caused by reacting negatively to the nickname. She smoothed out the image, smirking faintly. "Wow, a badger? Are you sure? I'm not really sure it's very you," she joked, nose wrinkling. "But, yeah, this'll be easy. Like, easy enough that I'm probably going to purposefully work slow and take my sweet precious time on it just to eat up more of my afternoon." She winked at him, then stepped out from behind the counter, gesturing to one of the tattoo chairs. "Have a seat, prop your arm up on the table there, and get as comfy as you can." She paused a second, then went to collecting her things. "There's earplugs in the drawer of the table if it's too loud in here for you, by the way," she said, setting about getting sanitized and organizing her work space. "Your brother's art is certainly... interesting," she said. Not an insult, not in the slightest, though she supposed in hindsight it might've sounded like one. She just meant that it was somewhat unusual, an odd mix of realism and cartoonish proportions. It was cute. The badger was cute. But... odd. Definitely odd.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:50 am

< Winter 2035 >

Austmar frowned over her reason behind her mood, which he could have laughed about if it wasn't that. "But... You're married." He pointed out, "If one of my sisters were married and someone decided to hit on them, I would punch them in the face." Rubin would shake his head all he wanted but at least his younger (and taller) brother that people wearing the ring were a no-go. He could stand fistfights unless it's about unintentional love triangles. Speaking of love lives, Austmar was going to be uber-protective over Rubin's lovelife. He didn't care if he was the younger brother, but his elder bror's life after he was divorced was still kind of devastated in his opinion, and he swore to the gods that if another person ******** up Rubin's lovelife again he was going to snap. Seriously, at this point Aus felt like his bror needed counseling or something, and he knew that Kenji was related to some mind healer. Yeah, that could help.

The Norwegian blinked when Gypsy's purple eye seemed to brighten and told him not to nickname her as 'Gyp', he was going to why when she explained it to that only Jer, who he figured as her husband, called her that. Now that he was hearing it, Aus felt really weird of calling her that now. "Ack- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, really!" He put up his hands as if he was trying to dispel the awkwardness and continued, "I, uh, I just happen to have a thing of nicknames and stuff. But I swear it won't happen again." Which he wasn't worng about, as he had this habit thanks to Rubin- But Austmar got the credit of calling Matteo 'Matti' and Rubin 'Ruby' (The difference was one didn't like it, but the other did).

Austmar felt like he shouldn't be surprised about Gypsy being surprised that he wanted a badger tattooed on his arm. "Say what you will, but my patronus is actually a badger." He said smiling confidently, as if his small pride wasn't budged. Besides, what was wrong with badgers anyway? Ivar was in Hufflepuff, and it was a badger as some mascot- so Austmar thought that it was fitting for his lil' bror. Also, badgers could go toe-to-toe on snakes. And they can fight foxes. If you asked him, that was pretty much cool. "But then, someone in my job once guessed that my patronus was a lion or something." He shrugged, but that was just because his co-worker didn't know him well as his family and friends did. Not really. Taking a seat and removing his black military jacket, Austmar placed his left forearm on the table. And given how noisy the Dragon Sanctuary gets when it went sour, or his experience with School Quidditch and noisy crowds, he supposed he didn't need any earplugs or anything. As she commented about his brother's art, he chuckled and shrugged, "I know right? Ruby's quite an artsy one, one of his spare time to do in his studio when he's not busy in his job, probably when he was in the bad mood. I dunno."

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >
                                                  out of character

Cara Miakitty

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:06 am
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop - Front Desk
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAus
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

spaceGypsy swore, if Aus was any more innocent, she would be asking him for ID. As it was, she just rolled her eyes, smirking. "You think people care about that? You might, sure, but you're decent. That's the thing about running a business like this, not everyone that pops in for services happens to be even half as decent as you'd like them to be." Ugh, if she had a galleon for every time some creep had hit on her while she was tatting him up, she'd be a rich woman. "And anyway, you shouldn't punch people for hitting on your sisters only if they're married. You should punch them for hitting on your sisters, period. Unless it's like, a nice sort of hit on. But it rarely is. Also, screw punching them, teach your sisters to do it." She winked then, clicking her tongue at him. "I don't mind the flirting so much, a lot of the times it's innocent enough. It's the ones that make lewd comments I have a problem with. Unfortunately, there's a lot of them. Apparently when you look like me, people think they can get away with disrespecting you." She shrugged, rolling her eyes again. "It's not so bad, though, since it's always entertaining whenever Em gets wind of it. I've yet to have a customer that can handle him."

spaceShe felt a bit bad at making him so distraught over the nickname thing. But, she felt like it was important to establish that she didn't want to be called that. By him, anyway. Or anyone, except Jer. She honestly didn't even like it when relatives did it, she just let them get away with it because she knew they wouldn't do it very often. With Aus, she'd noticed his penchant for nicknames, and figured she ought to n** it in the bud. "It's fine, really. You couldn't have known, you've never met Jer. But, uh. It's sort of... you know, it's his name for me. Like a petname." A fact that never failed to make her want to go back in time and slap her younger self upside the head. She'd spent ages being jealous that he never came up with a nickname for her like he had everyone else, figuring that his simply shortening her name didn't count the same as the others. Now, appreciated it. She was pretty sure if she ever heard her husband call her anything else, she'd flip. Or accuse him of being brainwashed. "Anyway, it's just, uh, weird, for someone else to call me that. Like if you'd called me baby or something," she said, snickering a bit.

spaceThe metamorphmagus schooled her expression when he felt the need to defend his tattoo choice. She didn't want him to think she was making fun of him. Or, well. She was making fun of him, but in a friendly way. "I was joking, Aus. If you'd told me your patronous was anything but a badger I'd actually have been surprised." She got a faintly impish expression on her face. "Mine's a tasmanian devil," she told him, looking far too proud of that fact. Go figure, her patronous was a creature with an unpredictable temper that tended to cause a lot of destruction. And it was nocturnal. Sounded exactly right. "I like it. The art, I mean. It's unique. Not that I'm gonna knock someone for having a more typical art style, it's whatever, but I like seeing people who have their own sort of vibe."

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:43 am

< Winter 2035 >

"Hm. That's kinda true. I had those moments back when I was in school." Austmar grumbled in reply over Gypsy's remark, mainly because she has a point. He was fairly aware of the fact that he won't expect everyone to decent. Hell, he had a lot of enemies in Durmstrang to prove that, one of his cousins actually beat the s**t out of him when he was fourteen- which triggered Rubin's ire. That one was really scary, because his brother rarely ever snapped on anyone. At one point Ruby and their lil' bror Vilhelm were kind of alike- except in Vilhelm's case, he gets to find a way to make someone's life continuously miserable while still able to get away from school authority's reach. Lucky b*****d. "And in my defense, all of my sisters already know how to give punches thanks to our mor. But of course, it never hurts to have an extra helping hand while doing it, siblings help each other after all." He shrugged casually, but the way he spoke of his sister was rather proud. If anything, Kirsten would be the one guys should fear about, she's a Punainen after all. Arnbjorg usually looked sweet but she could be abit like their angry mor when she was angry. The youngest twins, Reidun and Ragna... Ugh, their existence were already a menace- he felt that it was beyond description when it comes to them. Why Austmar's parents decided it was a good idea to have a pair of prankster twins as their youngest kids, he'll never know.

"Yeah, it seems like." Austmar awkwardly replied when Gypsy explained to him that calling her 'Gyp' was like calling a her 'baby'. "Kinda sounds creepy of me now that I know the context." Well, at least she didn't keep it to herself, also Austmar had a few experiences of... sour situations when he was playfully flirting with some girls in the bar and then someone just looked at him as if they were looking for a fight at him. Yikes.

"I know you're joking, I just like to say that I love my my patronus and it's so funny how some people I know in my workplace thought it was something else." He grinned, sounding amused. "Which is kind of nice to hear when my lil' brother was sorted into this badger house in Hogwarts. Hufflepuff, I hear." And the reason why he knew that was because he read this book about Hogwarts: A History. He was quite a studious one when it comes to learning new stuff, basically why he loved learning languages. He nodded in agreement when Gypsy shared that her patronus is a tasmanian devil, "So basically small and dangerous, sounds wicked." Go figure, Austmar liked anything that was considered "dangerous"- dueling, dragons, he was abit of a daredevil. "I'll pass your commentary on Rubin, though sadly he's going back to Norway for a while. I think it must be homesickness." His face went for proud to thoughtful, thinking about what made his elder brother go back in the first place. Oh right, it has been so long since he ever revisited there, presumed that he was sorting his own personal s**t. Hell, he, Matti, and Ivar visited Norway (and occassionally parts of the Nordic countries) more than Rubin had. Oh God, he remembered that Matti told him about Anika dating someone now- What if Rubin found out about it and it sent him to another down spiral again? If that was the case, he was so going to get a mind healer for him, and there will be no 'buts'.

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >
                                                  out of character

Cara Miakitty

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:15 pm
I was born with lightning in my heels;
Sewed a spur onto my ankle,
Bit a horse under the steel.
And I lost hope when I was still so young...
Had an angel on my shoulder-
But the Devil always won!

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

FORMER SLYTHERINBLOOD TRAITORWITCH WATCHER

Morven was a little surprised with herself, that she hadn't done this before. Then again, she'd never rebelled in any stereotypical ways; she had never dyed her hair, dressed in black, blasted loud music, or stuck bits of metal through her tongue or nose or tits or whatever was the latest thing to pierce. The extent of her teenage rebellion, she knew, had been simply being a massive b***h. And the sneaking out to party. And stealing her brother in law's liquor. Whatever. The point was, she wasn't doing this out of a juvenile desire to piss off the authority figures in her life- not that she'd ever had that many. Newlyn wouldn't have cared, so long as the actual design wasn't absolute s**t, and she really doubted Jason would have ever given a ******** about what she did to her body. She was doing this because she'd been meaning to do it for a while, anyhow, and it's been nearly a month since The Breakup and she thought that was long enough to walk down the streets of Diagon again without wanting to kill either herself or someone else.

Honestly, Morven thought she was handling the whole thing rather maturely. She had not immediately gone out and drank herself into a stupor. She had not immediately gone out and shagged every male in sight. She had goddamn standards, alright? There were things Morven Vass did not lower herself to. She had broken a ******** of furniture and maybe done a bit more hunting than usual last full moon but whatever, okay? She could only exert so much control over herself. It was give and take. That was it. Give and take. Squinting in the summer sunlight, she entered the tattoo shop and immediately ignored the fact that she could smell every brand of ink they used and the faintest hint of blood from two skaters darting out with newly pierced septums, never mind the clatter of the boards out back, and could they play this music any louder- she exhaled, massaged her forehead briefly, and pushed it all back as best she could. Let it go, Morv. Let it go.

She approached the front counter pulling the design out of her purse, as well as the money, since this was probably going to cost, like... a lot since she was commissioning, not that money was really an issue for her but she had promised- She had promised herself she was not going to do the spoiled rich b***h Cathy 'teehee' League thing and just waft through life throwing Galleons at starving urchins- hence the fact that she had an actual serious job that she'd had to train for and pass exams. Anyways. She was getting the tattoo and she was going to force herself to sit in this shop which to her reeked of blood and metal and disinfectant and leather and she was going to try to think of pleasant things that didn't involve maiming her ex or bemoaning the fact that she was twenty two and had been with the same bloke since the age of sixteen, which meant she'd been six years off the market, which meant if she didn't want to be some bitter hipster with green hair by her twenty fifth birthday, it was time to shape up and ship out. ...They really should have some bell to ring or something, if they were going to slink off to do whatever tattoo artists did in their free time when they had no customers.

Tim's sister-in-law or whatever she was, his sister's husband's sister, did run the place, after all.

OOC:
Yukina101

And I can feel you even now-
Racing horses in the sky...
I can taste you in my rage;
And in the sweat upon my brow!
And I went home, chasing wolves;
My cathedral is the forest.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:34 pm
User Image
User Image

☭Pureblood ☭Single ☭Co-Owner/Tattoo artist at All or Nothing

Emmet was doing a whole lot better with this breakup than his people gave him credit for, read annoying little brother's give him credit for. Sure he got drunk and raged and ranted a bit, who really wouldn't after almost five years of solid sexual monotony? So maybe also doing donuts on his motorcycle singing "What's Left of The Flag" at the top of his lungs at three o'clock in the morning was also not doing normal either. But he was better now, really. He was, if his watch was actually correct, thirty hours sober, he had arrived to work relatively on time (meaning only forty-five minutes late rather than his usual hour), and he'd actually made an effort to be witty and scathing towards Gypsy which had sort of been lacking the past few weeks since the split up. See he already had it lowercased in his mind and everything, he was totally over the woman he thought he'd be spending the rest of his life with.

s**t.

At least he didn't have any clients today, it was like his normal stream of walk-ins could sense his mood and stayed away on days he was manning the tattoo guns. He'd be thankful if he wasn't also bloody pissed off since at least having an annoying berk yap on about how they're getting this tattoo in honor of a passed five-great grandparent who's arsecrack saved the family fortune was much better than sitting in silence and sketching things that suspiciously looked like various body parts of a certain female he was trying to forget. After throwing out the fifth, or eighth not like he was really counting, sketch he heard the door to the shop open and waited to see if it would be an actual client or another skater punk just walking through. When he didn't hear any jostling, movement, or the loud clang of a skateboard hitting his floor even though those bitches know they can only skate in the back he figured it had to be an actual client and tried not to seem took excited.

Approaching the front, Emmet took the time to appraise the young woman waiting in front of his counter and for a brief moment he considered throwing bubblegum pop to Gypsy and just leaving for the day because he just can't. Merlin, did everything on her have to be that particular shade of pink? She reminded him of Pepto that had been left in the sun a little too long. But he knew beggars couldn't be choosers and that if he went home he'd just get drunk and do something stupid like try and call her again or worse go by her flat drunk. At least this way he was keeping busy.
                                                  "Sorry fer t'e wai', I was a bi' busy in t'e back. How coul' I be of service?" he asked trying to get a good look at the picture in her hands. His eyes grazed over the ring instead and an eyebrow rose unbidden. A little pink skull, well that's not something you see everyday. Except he did. Every ******** day really but still, he hadn't thought he'd see it on strawberry sherbet. From the amount of skin she was showing this was either her first tattoo or she had another one in a personal area. Or on her back, but he liked his idea better.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

You may bury me with an enemy in mount calvary
You can stack me on a pyre and soak me down with whiskey
Roast me to a blackened crisp and throw me in a pile
I could really give a s**t - I'm going out in style

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:25 pm

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

Morven really, truly promised herself that she was not going to make eyes at, flirt with, or communicate in any way suggestively with the tattoo bloke just because he was nicely built and she was sexually frustrated. Right? She was generally frustrated to begin with so she needed to have a bit of self control in that regard. Besides, look at the record set for this place so far. Tim's sort of sister-in-law was married with like, three kids or some s**t, and you wouldn't exactly guess that looking at her. With that sort of precedent the guy was probably engaged to be married with a baby on the way. Besides, you probably shouldn't s**t where you were going to get inked, just like how you didn't s**t where you worked. ...Not that she exactly had this wide variety of options at work. There was Jean, who had finally dumped Cathy, but poor Jean was so far from her type she nearly felt sorry about it, as if she was somehow mistreating him by not being able to at least offer a 'we're both single, what the hell?' fling.

She resolved to be extra appropriate- well, appropriate for her- and resisted the temptation to say something about the way his eyebrow arched when he saw her ring. At some point or another, Morven had accepted that she really couldn't pull off the grunge werewolf aesthetic- somehow being a strawberry blonde with blue eyes and dimples to match ruined the whole thing- and had figured that if anyone wanted to give her s**t about her color of choice, well, she always knew she'd get the last laugh, right? What was more metal than a werewolf who liked lace? Besides, she had to set some sort of example for the very few other female werewolves out there. 'Don't let losing all bodily autonomy once a month and being rendered basically infertile because you were viciously assaulted and scarred for life get your spirits down, girls! You can still rock those heels!' Right. She should give pep talks for a living. "By providing goods in exchange for payment," Morven said dryly, but with a slightly strained, 'I'm trying to be funny, not b***h you out' sort of smile because he didn't exactly seem too peppy himself at the moment.

And he was probably hungover, because she faintly smelled booze. Not that she had any right to talk. For a split second Morven faltered, and then soldiered on. "Right- I want this on my right thigh, just above the knee." And since it was a bit of an odd choice, and she felt the usual need for some sort of half-arsed explanation: "It's.... an inside joke. I know it's going to take a while and I really, really don't want this thing ******** smearing on me so I'll tip you extra for taking your time on it." She'd also made sure it was low enough down on her thigh that she wasn't going to have to be sitting there in her underwear, which maybe would have been sexy had this been a trashy paperback, but in reality it was a Tuesday and she was wearing her boring underwear.

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:34 am
User Image
User Image

Emmet couldn't really tell what was going on behind his female customer's eyes, though that wasn't exactly a new thing for him. For the most part he could either make educated guesses as to what a woman was thinking or he in general just didn't care. Sherbet was looking at him sorta oddly though so he was curious, not curious enough to say something but definitely enough to keep an eye on it. He snorted as she answered his question with a textbook answer but in a clearly sarcastic tone. Definitely a Slytherin then. Or at the very least a good-humored Ravenclaw. "Depends on yer interpretation o' 'goods' don' i'?" he responded in kind with a wry grin. Finally she showed him the full picture and took in the size of the image and mentally compared it to the pale thigh in question. Again his eyebrow rose only this time he had control of it as she huffed about him making sure he took his time and even offered him a tip. Oh goody. "T'ere's no greater tip t'an bein' able ta stare a' yer stunnin' kneecap all day." Emmet informed her in a serious tone though quickly ruined it with a wink and a quirked mouth. "But before we ge' on ta t'e fun stuff I gotta ge' ta t'e business firs'. Easy stuff really, name, age, favori'e karma sutra position, basics really." He made sure his face gave nothing away though he couldn't stop his eyes from twinkling in mirth. Maybe bubblegum pop was good for him after all.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:56 am

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

Morven raised an eyebrow herself. He was giving her a bit of a curious look, but didn't seem too fazed. "Let me be specific, then: the goods being the ink applied via needle to my skin. I already run drugs and work at a brothel Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; my schedule's packed." It actually really was: if she had known she'd spend this much time going through files as a witch watcher, she might have reconsidered. She did snort at the kneecap comment with a small shake of her head, the thick braid her hair was gathered back into swaying slightly. "I'm told the kneecap is the most alluring part of the female body... after the elbow, of course." The wink and the small smirk was a bit too reminiscent of her ex, in that Morven had to immediately look away before she either looked pained or even worse, blushed. Gods, no. "Morven Vass, twenty two, I really like the pages devoted to corresponding moaning, and I'm a Cancer, in case you were wondering, so if you're an Aquarius, Capricorn, etc, I can't talk to you." At least he had, A. a sense of humor, and B. has thus far kept his eyes on the tattoo design and not on her sheer camisole top. Although half the fun of dressing provocatively was the looks, it wasn't nearly as amusing when there wasn't anyone there to get jealous.

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:02 pm
User Image
User Image

Emmet nodded along to her depiction of his job with only the barest hint of an amused smirk playing on his lips as she detailed her apparently busy schedule. "Which one? My goal is ta try all t'e good ones before t'e new year. Unless yer's isn' up ta par..." he threw out with a dismissive shrug. He felt rather accomplished that he managed to make her snort since he was sure he'd been the only one actually attempting to not show amusement which he completely disregarded when he gave a short laugh as she pointed out the best parts of a woman. "I'm rat'er partial ta t'e bare forearms so, pardon 'm starin' fer I'm merely man." he couldn't resist adding making a note to trail his eyes along her sleeveless arms. Had he been in his former state of mind, he might've said something, appreciative or scathing, about her sheer camisole that she was using as a primary top but in all truthfulness he was trying to wrap his mind around the fact that he was flirting with someone even younger that Rainbow Bright and Rainbow Bright Jr. "Lucky fer ye, I'm a Virgo. Passive soul an' all t'at." Emmet took another look at the tattoo noticing the detail, colors, and shading and mentally calculating how long it might take and its difficulty. He waved his wand over the picture creating a thermal copy and after checking it over to ensure it was perfect he gestured with his head for Morven to follow him to his usual chair. He lightly patted his chair for her to sit in while grabbing his stool and adjusting it so he would have a better time accessing her thigh (which he did not take a quick glance up her crotch thank you very much) then went to grab his tools. "So uh, any particular reason w'y ye decided on t'is particular shade o' pink? Were ya goin' fer bubblegum b***h an' missed o' is t'is some sorta new fashion statemen'?" Emmet asked trying to do his usual warm up talk while trying not to seem to...pervy.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:24 pm

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

Morven grinned, a rare event for her, especially as of late, but it was very rapid, a flicker on her face before she nodded as if about to impart some great secret: "Yeah. Fool's Gold. The girls all have great knees, you'd love it." She pursed her lips as if holding back an actual laugh at her own joke, then glanced down in slight alarm, because he had said forearm, which did happen to be where the scarring was. It was covered of course, it was always covered when she left the house; she'd been adept with concealer since the age of thirteen, but still, she had had a few seconds of 'oh ********'. Not that it really looked all that much different from an old dog bite, but better safe than sorry.

The strawberry blonde gave a small huff of amusement at his comment about being a Virgo, then watched with some interest at the copy he created with his wand. She'd wondered how magical and muggle tattoos differed, aside from the obvious answer that magical ones could be more embellished and move about and whatnot. Obviously they still used the actual tattoo guns; she didn't want someone grimy wand pressing into her skin, so thank the gods for that. She followed him over to the chair calmly enough, sitting down as if she'd done it before. She wasn't really nervous, more slightly leery of him messing up, but he seemed.... Morven doubted 'professional' was the right word, but he seemed to know what he was doing, all the same. And he had better, or Tim was never going to hear the end of it.

Still remaining good friends with her ex's best mate was likely very out of the ordinary, but Morven had never considered herself all that ordinary anyways. "This particular shade?" she echoed vaguely as he moved onto the subject of her outfit, and then actually laughed out loud, tapping her nails on the arm rests of the seat. "Well, I was never obsessed with pink as a kid," she reflected. "Liked it more as I got older, and then it sort of become a thing, and I thought I'd magically get over it at some point but I never did. Like biting my nails," she commented sardonically.

"It's just become a bit of a habit at this point. Besides, it brings all the shitheads out right away. 'Pretty in pink, luv?'," she imitated for a moment, but didn't look particularly perturbed. "I like that. I like knowing who I'm probably going to end up hexing later on. It's reassuring. Besides, we already had one bubblegum b***h in my year at Hogwarts, and I always wore it better." ******** Cathy. Merlin, sometimes she missed having her around just to have as something to focus any excess irritation on. Like Wendy. Or the many, many other housemates she had not gotten along with. Oh well. Her school days were behind her. Thankfully.

OOC:
Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:37 pm
User Image
User Image

Emmet made an exaggerated noise of surprise at the name of the fake women's club. "Yers woul' be t'e one I hadn' gone ta ye'." he told her with a sly smirk choosing not to comment on her quip about the knees. If only so he didnt fee like a dirty old man for wanting to say that they probably didn't compare to her own. Which sounded immensely cheesier in his mind than he realized which means he was a thousand and four percent happier that he had kept it to himself. As he mixed his inks he listened along to her explanation of how she transcended into the pink realm of reality snickering here or there where it was appropriate while testing his gun minutely and making sure there was no tampering with his sterile needle needed for the tattoo. "I don' really have t'e comparison but, I'm inclined ta agree wit' ye." the older Slytherin told her with quick wink and a light smack to her opposite thigh. "Alrigh', I'm abou' ta ge' star'ed so uh, don' freak ou' an' try no' ta tense. Relax luv, yer in good hands." Emmet told her with a smart grin as he snapped on his gloves and took out a few swabs of rubbing alcohol and went over the entire area until it was nearly glistening then pressed the thermal copy over once it had dried and gently peeled it off to leave only the image she wanted tattoo. He switched on the near hypnotic hum of his gun and applied the sterile needle before dipping into the black ink and beginning his first patch of the outline against her pale slightly freckled skin. "Soo...w'a's yer story BB? 'Cides t'e drugs an' t'e brothels o' course. Go' family? Frien's? Boyfrien's?....Girlfrien's?" he asked his voice an octave lower, more out of habit when working than anything.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:22 pm

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

Morven watched him intently as he mixed the inks. She'd used to watch Newlyn paint, so it was vaguely reminiscent of that. She wondered if her sister even had time to paint anymore, or if she was too busy with the shop and Angus. It was a bit depressing to think about, even if she was pretty sure Newlyn was thrilled to be a new mother- to a son. She probably would have lost her mind had it been a girl, and Morven really couldn't blame her, now when she'd spent what, two decades of her life raising two she hadn't asked for? Morven figured it probably was for the best she'd been the youngest sister, otherwise she really would have lost it long before old Mitchell ever did. As of late she'd had the luxury of not thinking about her father; she couldn't remember his voice. When she'd first realized that she'd wanted to sing.

That probably would have been the one good part about getting married; she'd have gotten to ditch the Vass. She fixed a baleful stare upon him when he slapped her thigh, but other than that didn't react much. "Don't worry. I have a very high pain tolerance. Trust me, I'll try not to swoon." All the same Morven steeled herself all the same, but the look on her face was almost eager. There were two types of pain: the pain you could control and the pain you couldn't. She was in control of this. What happened every full moon, not so much. And it did hurt, but not nearly as bad as she'd been expecting, and after biting down on the old scar tissue in the inside of her cheek for a few moments, she was used to it enough to respond to his line of questioning. "Gee, where to begin," she said sarcastically. "I have two sisters and two brother-laws; that about sums it up for family. And a nephew, I guess. Dunno if he counts, still doesn't look quite human if you ask me. I'm the youngest." And there was the pack, obviously, but she couldn't really go into that. Besides, did they even count when she wanted to throttle them 90% of the time?

"Friends... I live with my best friend from I don't know, second year? Camila. She works with aethenons, breeding them and s**t. And I'm still friends with my ex's best mate, lo and behold, even if his fiancee annoys the ******** out of me now and then. As for boyfriends, well, there's my ex," she snorted. He'd really kicked the wasp nest with that last bit.

"I don't know how we went six years without killing each other, but better to burn out than rust out, right? Made a... decent run of things. Just couldn't get over some core differences. Then again, combined we only managed to break two out of three lamps during the last fight, so I s'pose the real victory is that no one ended up needing stitches." Was that oversharing? Maybe, but he had asked. It wasn't as if she was solemnly recounting it with tears rolling down her cheeks. "Anyways. This would be the ill-planned post breakup tattoo, except I actually planned it. Go figure, huh?" Morven regarded him carefully. "What about you? Life of brothel-hopping treating you well thus far? Any regrets?" Fair was fair.

OOC:
Yukina101

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff