Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e - Orb of Kendar - All Recruited Up, Thx! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skull Dres

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:39 pm
Spent 20 gp on theives tools.

And yes, heir to the thrown is his sister.

Edit: added family members under Allies  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:51 am
I posted in the main RP thread. Everyone gets an approving thumbs up from me :3  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:56 pm
would you mind if I play my barbarian from thousand knives, Thork? The stats was rolled out here, in similar die rolls. I would only have to make him level 1, instead of 4... and give him a backstory sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:09 am
Southern Cross Nemesis
would you mind if I play my barbarian from thousand knives, Thork? The stats was rolled out here, in similar die rolls. I would only have to make him level 1, instead of 4... and give him a backstory sweatdrop

I -liked- Thork. I say go for it! Reverse-engineer him as needed. 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:41 am
one slightly reworked Thork, ready for dm approval. I will try to think of a backstory at work.

Edit: Not incredibly proud of how it is worded, but Backstory is in...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:04 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
one slightly reworked Thork, ready for dm approval. I will try to think of a backstory at work.

I, uh... I presume 'Warriors Surge" is the same thing as "Half-Orc Resilience", and "Running Charge" is the same thing as "Swift Charge"?

Your 2 racial bonuses are Endurance and Intimidate, but you have Nature instead of Intimidate listed instead ^-^'

You don't have your Furious Assault racial encounter power listed with your other powers.

Hmm... in your listing of powers, I again see "Warrior's Surge". Where did this come from? I don't see it under barbarian or racial listings...

For the most part, everything else is fine, including most of the backstory. I think, for the sake of clarity, I do need to mention something though:

The PCs had gone through a skill challenge to get everyone indoors to safety and off the streets, which they succeeded. There were some casualties, but not nearly as much as there could have been if they had failed. But the monsters had shown up just after dusk, and retreated into the darkness of the outlying forests just before dawn.

Why I bring this up, is that I'm not sure if you want there to be any ambiguity about what happened to Miranda. She very well could be someone MIA - that's not unusual amidst a natural disaster. Currently most of the townsfolk are either meandering, fortifying, or still hiding, so there hasn't really been a proper headcount or anything. The town guard/militia (all volunteer, since the most they've ever needed it for was to break up drunken brawls and help deter thieves) have their hands full trying to prevent people from fleeing the town to minimize the chance of the missing magic artifact leaving Clearwell; meanwhile, most of the number are riding out to try and catch up with anyone who HAS left before everything went to shite.

So Miranda could be MIA, could be out on a patrol, could be perfectly fine, could have been grievously hurt... I'm leaving it up to you, but I think there should be a teensy bit clarification, so I know how to handle it smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:40 pm
Rain Yupa
Southern Cross Nemesis

I, uh... I presume 'Warriors Surge" is the same thing as "Half-Orc Resilience", and "Running Charge" is the same thing as "Swift Charge"?

Your 2 racial bonuses are Endurance and Intimidate, but you have Nature instead of Intimidate listed instead ^-^'

You don't have your Furious Assault racial encounter power listed with your other powers.

Hmm... in your listing of powers, I again see "Warrior's Surge". Where did this come from? I don't see it under barbarian or racial listings...

For the most part, everything else is fine, including most of the backstory. I think, for the sake of clarity, I do need to mention something though:

The PCs had gone through a skill challenge to get everyone indoors to safety and off the streets, which they succeeded. There were some casualties, but not nearly as much as there could have been if they had failed. But the monsters had shown up just after dusk, and retreated into the darkness of the outlying forests just before dawn.

Why I bring this up, is that I'm not sure if you want there to be any ambiguity about what happened to Miranda. She very well could be someone MIA - that's not unusual amidst a natural disaster. Currently most of the townsfolk are either meandering, fortifying, or still hiding, so there hasn't really been a proper headcount or anything. The town guard/militia (all volunteer, since the most they've ever needed it for was to break up drunken brawls and help deter thieves) have their hands full trying to prevent people from fleeing the town to minimize the chance of the missing magic artifact leaving Clearwell; meanwhile, most of the number are riding out to try and catch up with anyone who HAS left before everything went to shite.

So Miranda could be MIA, could be out on a patrol, could be perfectly fine, could have been grievously hurt... I'm leaving it up to you, but I think there should be a teensy bit clarification, so I know how to handle it smile
most questions can be answered, the first Thork was a full Orc, one in MM. If that is a problem, I can change it.

As for Miranda, I meant it as MIA...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:54 pm
Oh! My mistake! It was a visual mix-up for me. A combination of the 3.5 stats going Str/Dex/Con (instead of Str/Con/Dex), and seeing +2 to your first two stats. For some reason, that mentally triggered my mind to see it as "half-orc". sweatdrop

But yeah, that's outside the purview of my racial limitations.

And okay, the MIA is fine, that's how I took it - but I wanted to make sure you didn't make that decision based on incomplete knowledge, is all smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:34 pm
No biggy, the orc is now half-human. Will chamge all orc entries later, as i find them... I should have checked your limits, just didn't think about any problems outside of level between the two games. Sorry...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:26 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
No biggy, the orc is now half-human. Will chamge all orc entries later, as i find them... I should have checked your limits, just didn't think about any problems outside of level between the two games. Sorry...

Only thing I see, is you need to throw your +2 Nature into +2 Intimidate.

Also, it appears your stats were:
5, 1, 6, 6 = 17 (+2 Con -> 19)
3, 2, 4, 5 = 12 (+2 Dex -> 14)
5, 1, 1, 3 = 9
2, 1, 6, 4 = 12
6, 4, 5, 2 = 15
5, 6, 2, 6 = 17
Which means you shorted yourself 2 points of handsome Charisma! crying

Everything else seems to be in order.

I'm going to presume that Thork is a half-orc that has a lot of dominant orc-genes present, rather than a 50/50 hybrid. I can ttly see him easily being mistaken for an orc, if you want him to be.

The reason for my no MM race limitation, is because I don't like making exceptions, and I always feel D&D should kind of be... heroic-appearing. But people seem to have a passion for monster races. Rather than allow some and deny others unfairly, I just exclude them all. I'd... rather not have a "heroic" adventuring party of a kobold, an ogre, an otyugh, an owlbear, and a mimic. Yes, that's a slight exaggeration, but that's how the direction of PCs seem to have headed over the past couple years and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why.

One of these days, I'll have to run a mixed-monster-race game to make up for all the times I've had to tell people 'no' sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:43 am
In all technicality, he is better as a half-orc(better starting stats, more feat and other options) And, as for dominantly orc...yes please.

I just like taking characters I built somewhere else and DnDify them. Thork, for example, started in Demon/Dark Souls. Auto-heals, regnerations, vampire weapons...and very high hp equal to most bosses in the game. In Demon he ran around only in greeves with a great axe like weapon.

I think what drew me to the orc, was just Warrior's surge(hp trumps temp hp) sweatdrop

No love for goblins. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:13 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
In Demon he ran around only in greeves with a great axe like weapon.

... he was naked from the shins up? o_o

I... I was kidding, when I suggested Thork get naked to break the tension at the start of 1k Knives. I didn't realize I was being prophetic!

One character I really want to try for a long-term campaign would be a gnome warden, dumping everything into Constitution. I don't remember the exact numbers, but by level 30, he had like, 150-200 (maybe higher) hp more than an average Con character of most other classes. @_@ The world's toughest 3' adventurer!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:08 pm
Yeap, why do you think the idea didn't bother me... I already seen him as an undead with only a loincloth jumping about. Scares my brother to this day, that an almost naked guy was able to tank the final boss's blows.

Quick Math, no stats factored in(just starting hp plus hp per level) , Wardens get 220 hp by 30 In second place Barbarians get 189... goes down hill from there.

I just never could 'get into' the Warden, though countless tries.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:33 pm
Gnomes don't have a Con bonus, so max 18, plus 8 +1's from levelling up, +2 from an epic destiny = 30 con.

Con 30 + 30 levels + Toughness = 265. So less than I remember.

But yeah, compare that to, say, a Thaneborn Barbarian that tops out at 16 con by level 30? 205. A rogue with a generous 14 Con, 171 hp.

So less than I remember (I was trying to do it from memory), but still a LOT more than adventurers who weren't as HitPointriffic.

"Ongoing 5 damage? I eat ongoing 5 damage for breakfast."

It just amuses me when I picture it as a gnome, is all.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:11 pm
"you want to punt me?! Say it again... SAY IT AGAIN!"

Then again, any time you add massive hp/defensive numbers to a small thing it is interesting. A fly you can crush with a papper club, but not a flee... A flee just looks at you and say "Is That all you got!"  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff