Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e - Orb of Kendar - All Recruited Up, Thx! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:54 pm
Rain Yupa

Hit points should be at 25 (14 + con score).

For my own reference (I don't dispute, I just want to know where it is!), where is Fine Clothing? I'm assuming from remaining gp that it costs 30gp.

Very nice background, btw! Very detailed. Just the hit points should be fixed, but otherwise, complete smile

Ohright. Hehe, it's been so long I'd forgotten how much more HP 4e gives you.

PHB Page 222, on the Adventuring Gear table.

Thank you~ I find it kinda funny that I struggle with good background for most campaign characters, but as soon as a one-off comes along Bam huge inspiration for full details! I could have even made that longer, but I decided it was already a bit much for a one-off.

I think I'd prefer #2 for introduction options. Love knows no contracts or deputes, but it does know altruism. Which I guess would mean she doesn't know anyone beforehand.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:34 pm
Skull Dres
Currently, I have limited 4e knowledge, and entertaining the idea of starting a Fate game though, would like to try.

How's it coming along? With Ms. Ryssa and Ms. Paidi, I have enough to begin. We're waiting on you, one way or another ^-^  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:28 am
Paidi tou Selini

Ryssa Blackblood

Skull Dres

Kowsauni

Plainsfox

I'd like everyone to consider the game "continued" starting this upcoming Sunday, 9/20. Skull, that's the deadline for you completing your sheet; if you haven't, then I'm sorry.

I'd like more input/discussion as to the question I posted on the bottom of Page 2, which is why I quoted all of y'all. Also, a possible 4th option:

• You just arrived, and get shanghaied into helping.

@ Ms. Ryssa: Your experience matches the remaining players', but it doesn't mean you had to be with them. Especially if you were in town and helped fight some monsters, which is where they got theirs from.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:53 am
fair enough. I would like to think Enlak was in town already, but whatever the consensus is works.  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Skull Dres

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:56 am
Rain Yupa
Skull Dres
Currently, I have limited 4e knowledge, and entertaining the idea of starting a Fate game though, would like to try.

How's it coming along? With Ms. Ryssa and Ms. Paidi, I have enough to begin. We're waiting on you, one way or another ^-^

It will be posted tomorrow at the latest. (Was trying to understand the many ways to get a sneak attack an advantage in combat)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:01 pm
The easiest ways are, in order:
1.) Flanking (be opposite sides of an opponent with an ally).
2.) Melee vs a prone target.
3.) Surprise round, getting the jump on enemies.

There's a couple other ways, if I recall (I'm at work and can't check), but anything beyond those three mainly come from the use of powers that grant you (or an ally) combat advantage.

As a rogue, you'll almost always be ganging up on a target with an ally. Stand on opposite squares and shiv away.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:22 pm
I like the idea of the new characters already being deputized and assisting us. there was no doubt fighting taking place all over town. The new player characters could have shown there merits elsewhere and have no been hired to work along with the old PCs,  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:25 pm
I agree with Kowasauni. There was a lot of chaos. No way for us to know the whole of it.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:37 am
That's fine with me too. Or I guess out of curiosity, would you like us all to go with the same option?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:27 pm
Judging off of the others; I think, I am completed... Tafiir

Feel free to yell at me for any thing missing. I am expecting to hear happy birthday wishes tomorrow, it will be a nice balance.

As per the question; I like the deputized to investigate, especially when paired with "or face jail time for x crime." sweatdrop  

Skull Dres

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:42 am
Skull Dres

Feel free to yell at me for any thing missing. I am expecting to hear happy birthday wishes tomorrow, it will be a nice balance.

As per the question; I like the deputized to investigate, especially when paired with "or face jail time for x crime." sweatdrop

Well, just offhand, your modifiers for your weapons are wrong.
Your daggers and shuriken would have the same attack and damage modifiers,
attack being: Dex mod+half level+enhancemoent bonus+proficiency bonus so 3+0+0+3 = 6
Damage being: Dex mod+enhancement bonus so 3+0=3

since they are different dice that means your daggers would sit at a +6 to hit and 1d4+3 damage, while the shuriken were a +6 to hit and 1d6+3 damage.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:16 pm
where do you put class bonuses? Rogue's weapon info said, daggers get a +1 to attack(left dex out on perpose, due to one attack is a Strength based  

Skull Dres

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:47 pm
Skull Dres

You didn't list your low-light vision (under passive skills).
You forgot your Rogue +2 Reflex Class bonus.
You need 1 action point.
You didn't include your Armor bonus for leather armor (+2). When you enter it into the spot beneath the quick look-up, your Armor Class will jump to 15 automatically.

Ms. Ryssa was correct, your attack scores are wrong. I generally advocate using the Attack Workspace (and btw, none of your powers are strength-based. No rogue powers should be O_o ). I recommend doing the following, especially if you're using both daggers and shuriken:
Enter 'Dexterity' or simply 'Dex' into Attack Workspace Ability 1 and 2 spaces. Let's use Dagger as 1, Shuriken as 2 (since that's the order you have it listed in the quick look-up). Your ability modifier of +3 will automatically be entered, and update as your Dex increases.

Since you have a +1 attack bonus with Daggers, put 1 for the Class first row box.
Both have a proficiency bonus of +3, so enter 3 into both Prof boxes.
The rest will be 0 for now. So you'll have +7 to attack with daggers, +6 with shuriken.

Same for the Damage workspace, enter 'Dex' into both lines, and right now, call it a day. +3 damage to each.

Finally, your equipment doesn't match what you've spent. 15 for the standard adventurer's kit, 25 for the armor, but you have no other items listed. I see two -1's, but they are... what? Two sets of cloth armor? A grappling hook and 30 arrows?

If they are indeed a dagger and shuriken, you should list them in one of the equipment areas. As such, you should list the remaining coin you have, rather than a bunch of minuses. Which should be 58 gold, or some combination of gold, silver, and copper that add up to 58 gold's worth (if you don't break down your coin, you don't have any silver/copper pieces!).

I have to say it's weird you took Skill Training: Diplomacy, gave yourself such a good Charisma score, and didn't go "Artful Dodger". Not wrong, just weird ^-^

Finally: NO BACKGROUND?! emo  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:20 am
Rain Yupa
(and btw, none of your powers are strength-based. No rogue powers should be O_o )...
I was referring to the second attack of Riposte strike, though that move was removed.

Quote:
I have to say it's weird you took Skill Training: Diplomacy, gave yourself such a good Charisma score, and didn't go "Artful Dodger". Not wrong, just weird ^-^
I was thinking, group hugs with a melee-er was the best way to play a rogue in 4e(because, a guy online said so sweatdrop ). Though, I agree with the idea of the dodger, I don't see how often opportunity attacks come up. Ether way, swapped...

Quote:
Finally: NO BACKGROUND?! smilies/emo.gif

but... but... but,you said in an earlier post backgrounds wasn't required... xp

Fixed, all but background and gold bit...I think... will fix anything left tomorrow.  

Skull Dres

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:33 pm
Skull Dres
Rain Yupa
(and btw, none of your powers are strength-based. No rogue powers should be O_o )...
I was referring to the second attack of Riposte strike, though that move was removed.

Quote:
I was thinking, group hugs with a melee-er was the best way to play a rogue in 4e(because, a guy online said so sweatdrop ). Though, I agree with the idea of the dodger, I don't see how often opportunity attacks come up. Ether way, swapped...

Quote:
Finally: NO BACKGROUND?! smilies/emo.gif

but... but... but,you said in an earlier post backgrounds wasn't required... xp

Fixed, all but background and gold bit...I think... will fix anything left tomorrow.

No, backgrounds AREN'T required, and I wouldn't penalize you for not having one. That's why I didn't say, "You need a background, good sir!". But still, they are a nice, personalized touch; leaving them out makes me emo. Hence, the emo emote. (Spoiler alert: DMs like backgrounds because it allows them to pull from them at write plot that is more meaningful for players; it makes the DMs job easier and players happier)

For your quick look-up, you didn't include your damage bonuses (1d4+3 and 1d6+3). I don't want you shorting yourself damage sweatdrop

Your currency breakdown is a bit low. 30 gp + 75 sp (7.5 gold) + 50 cp (0.5 gold) = 38 gold. You should have 20 gp more.

Also, surprised you think you need that much silver and copper. I would have gone with 1/2 or probably even 1/3 those values. BUT I've seen clever rogues use cheap currency as trap bait before so I can't fault you.

I like the background! Just a quick question: The heir to the throne, was it Tafir's brother sister? Since you said he was a fallen prince, and all.

And as for when opportunity attacks occur, that's honestly as often as YOU make them happen. They are always in response to someone else doing something. The most frequent way I see, is if you want to get into flanking position and you can't easily do it with a shift (5' move). You'd have to provoke an opportunity attack to get into position.

The difference between Artful Dodger and Brutal Scoundrel, is the former gets you into sneak attack position quicker/more often, but the latter does so with higher impact. I would say Artful Dodger is more useful in cramped quarters, like a tunnel or crowded room, whereas Brutal Scoundrel is more useful in a spread out area, like a cave or abandoned street.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff