Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Fate?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skull Dres

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:44 am
Anyone hear of a system called Fate?

I was wondering, what other people thought of it?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:57 am
Skull Dres
Anyone hear of a system called Fate?

I was wondering, what other people thought of it?

Its pretty awesome actually. It lets you build whatever you want and usually does a good job at keeping it balanced.  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Skull Dres

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:43 am
Thank you, for your input.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:09 pm
It's a name I hear dropped a lot, but I've yet to play it. I spend a lot of time browsing kickstarter and a LOT of tabletop RPGs use that system.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:26 pm
I'm with Rain on this one.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:24 pm
Basically everything is determined using 4d6 with modifiers.

1-2 = -1 success
3-4 = 0 success
5-6 = 1 success

You roll your dice, then add you modifiers based on skills. These CAN range from +0 to +8, but a +8 literally means that you are packing some massive supernatural mojo to back you up. Without magic the best you could get to is a +4.

Then you have aspects that can be compelled for both good and bad things, such as "Raised in a hive of scum and villainy." With that I could justify my character being tough as nails in an intimidation scene or a brawl and spend a fate point to get either a +2 to a roll or to reroll any number of my dice.
Likeswise the DM can use it against me and compel my aspect during the fancy party that we are infiltrating to have me make an a** of myself. If I go with it, I get another fate point, but if I don't, I have to spend a fate point.

Also, if you critically succeed by 4 or more you can impose an aspect for one turn to do a +2 or -2 to anyone.  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Skull Dres

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:57 pm
At the time, I wanted of splurge on an rp built on the system, and was wondering if it was a good idea.

Since then, I bought it... I like many of the ideas, though still reading the rules of the game.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games