Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Checking back status on filed Report (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 pm
User Image I've recently filed a report (for the 1st time in my years of being on Gaia! xP) and saved the report ID for future reference. 2 months has passed and still no updates/response on the case.

Question: How do I trace back the report?

I would like to avoid the hassle of having to file another report on the same matter. I mean, Report IDs are there to serve such purpose, right? (OAO) I've went to the Gaia Online Help page but all I can do is trace back previous "tickets" that I've filed and not "reports".

Is there in any way I can do so without having to bothercontact a mod?

Please and thank you! User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:46 pm
While 2 months is a long time for a report to go unresolved, there are many reasons why that can happen. What was your report about? What response were you hoping for? While I am no longer a mod, I may be able to help you navigate the system a bit, or at least help decide if further patience may be better than PM'ing a current mod about it or not.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:26 pm
JoyRose
While 2 months is a long time for a report to go unresolved, there are many reasons why that can happen. What was your report about? What response were you hoping for? While I am no longer a mod, I may be able to help you navigate the system a bit, or at least help decide if further patience may be better than PM'ing a current mod about it or not.

User Image
Thank you for replying (OvO)

I own another account (Gaia ID: 5399726) used mainly for roleplaying and occasional extra MP-slots. Somewhere around July 2015, I was denied access to the account. The reason stated being "due to suspicious or unusual behavior". Granted, I did attempt multiple logins since my usual password was denied. This 'activity' might have rendered it as an attempted hacking by Gaia's reasoning? *shrugs* So after the 3rd attempt, in frustration, I went ahead and reset the password via email. The reset was a success.

However, upon entering the new password, the account was denied access and the above reason was given. Feeling even more tensed (haha...) I went ahead and filed a report. Filed it under "hacking" since there wasn't any appropriate category for my case (OAO) Or so I thought so.

Received the Report ID #18893931 for reference. The report was filed on 1 July 2015. In the report, I included the name of my main account (koromyst | Gaia ID: 5399269) as well as the email used to register the wrongfullybannedblocked account.

I don't care much about the items and stuff in its inventory. I just want the account back. It was one of my earliest (TAT) Our Gaia ID even has the same 4 numbers in front.

The response I would like to receive is why is the account still wrongfullybannedblocked? When can the ban be lifted? What do I have to do to get it unbanned? Why was my initial password denied and when I've successfully reset it, why was my new password denied?

crying

EDIT
If this helps, I haven't been logging into that account since January 2015, I think. July was the month that I've finally decided to 'revive' its existence (OvO''') But then... that woeful incident happened (TAT)

ADDITIONAL EDIT
What irks me more is that I'm still receiving Gaia Alerts to the email I've registered it with and yet I can't access Gaia with that account emotion_bigvein
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:46 am
koromyst
JoyRose

User Image

I own another account (Gaia ID: 5399726) used mainly for roleplaying and occasional extra MP-slots. Somewhere around July 2015, I was denied access to the account. The reason stated being "due to suspicious or unusual behavior". Granted, I did attempt multiple logins since my usual password was denied. This 'activity' might have rendered it as an attempted hacking by Gaia's reasoning? *shrugs* So after the 3rd attempt, in frustration, I went ahead and reset the password via email. The reset was a success.

However, upon entering the new password, the account was denied access and the above reason was given. Feeling even more tensed (haha...) I went ahead and filed a report. Filed it under "hacking" since there wasn't any appropriate category for my case (OAO) Or so I thought so.

Received the Report ID #18893931 for reference. The report was filed on 1 July 2015. In the report, I included the name of my main account (koromyst | Gaia ID: 5399269) as well as the email used to register the wrongfullybannedblocked account.

I don't care much about the items and stuff in its inventory. I just want the account back. It was one of my earliest (TAT) Our Gaia ID even has the same 4 numbers in front.

The response I would like to receive is why is the account still wrongfullybannedblocked? When can the ban be lifted? What do I have to do to get it unbanned? Why was my initial password denied and when I've successfully reset it, why was my new password denied?

crying

EDIT
If this helps, I haven't been logging into that account since January 2015, I think. July was the month that I've finally decided to 'revive' its existence (OvO''') But then... that woeful incident happened (TAT)

ADDITIONAL EDIT
What irks me more is that I'm still receiving Gaia Alerts to the email I've registered it with and yet I can't access Gaia with that account emotion_bigvein
User Image

First, I love your quoting style where the bulk is hidden in a spoiler!
Ok, now on to your actual problem. It sounds like you have waited quite a while for what should be an easy fix. I don't know for sure at the moment, but I do know sometimes the staff gets bogged down in stuff and can't get to them as fast as we'd like. A gentle PM to an omini moderator (not a site moderator - they can't help) may help prod things along a bit. Just a quick note like "It's been two months since I reported my locked account, [give username of locked account]. Any idea how long until it can be unlocked for me? Thanks!"

Good luck! emotion_hug  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:35 am
JoyRose
koromyst
JoyRose

User Image

crying

EDIT

ADDITIONAL EDIT
User Image

Ok, now on to your actual problem. It sounds like you have waited quite a while for what should be an easy fix. I don't know for sure at the moment, but I do know sometimes the staff gets bogged down in stuff and can't get to them as fast as we'd like. A gentle PM to an omini moderator (not a site moderator - they can't help) may help prod things along a bit. Just a quick note like "It's been two months since I reported my locked account, [give username of locked account]. Any idea how long until it can be unlocked for me? Thanks!"

Good luck! emotion_hug

User Image Eh? Is that not what the spoiler tag is for? (OvO''')
Kidding! Kidding! xD Anyway, thank you. It's something I occasionally do since I prefer the quote trees to be tucked away underneath a small quite-tempting-to-be-clicked-on-out-of-curiosity button xD

Back to the issue at hand, thank you for the suggestion. May I ask permission from you to use those words exactly? =D Not that I'm being lazy or anything to come up with a sentence of my own xD But yeah, yours is simple and straight to the point. I like it xD~ User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:56 pm
koromyst
JoyRose
koromyst
JoyRose

User Image

crying

EDIT

ADDITIONAL EDIT
User Image

Good luck! emotion_hug

Kidding! Kidding! xD Anyway, thank you. It's something I occasionally do since I prefer the quote trees to be tucked away underneath a small quite-tempting-to-be-clicked-on-out-of-curiosity button xD

Back to the issue at hand, thank you for the suggestion. May I ask permission from you to use those words exactly? =D Not that I'm being lazy or anything to come up with a sentence of my own xD But yeah, yours is simple and straight to the point. I like it xD~ User Image

Right?! I almost never can resist clicking spoiler buttons, even when I'm pretty sure I know what's in them. lol

You may of course use the wording I did. Although I can't promise there isn't a better way to put it, it should do the trick. Good luck! emotion_hug  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:46 pm
JoyRose
koromyst
JoyRose
koromyst
JoyRose

User Image

crying

EDIT

ADDITIONAL EDIT
User Image

Good luck! emotion_hug

Right?! I almost never can resist clicking spoiler buttons, even when I'm pretty sure I know what's in them. lol

You may of course use the wording I did. Although I can't promise there isn't a better way to put it, it should do the trick. Good luck! emotion_hug

User Image Just an update. I've sent a PM to Xya on the matter. Now to sit and wait for her response (OAO)

Btw, Gaia only has two Omni mods? (OvO''') User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:07 pm
koromyst
JoyRose
koromyst
JoyRose
koromyst
JoyRose

User Image

crying

EDIT

ADDITIONAL EDIT
User Image

Good luck! emotion_hug

User Image Just an update. I've sent a PM to Xya on the matter. Now to sit and wait for her response (OAO)

Btw, Gaia only has two Omni mods? (OvO''') User Image

I know Omni mods are fewer, their access is higher, and their workload is almost always heavier. It's a hard job, and we're very grateful to those who do it!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:30 am
User Image Xya finally responded yesterday (OAO)
But it's pretty much the usual script. That my case will be looked into when my turn comes (T3T) User Image

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games