Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Kaichiyo vs Naohiko DEATH BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 12 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 2, 10, 2, 9, 9, 2, 10, 3, 4, 4 Total: 73 (12-120)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:03 am
Stance: Attack
Wounds: 9

It was true that Naohiko went after Kaichiyo hard, but she asked him to, right? The look in her eyes though...Naohiko didn't think he ever saw a moment where Chiyo-chan was actually afraid of him. As Kaichiyo's next trick passed within a hair's breadth of him, possibly failing because he chose to deliberate now instead of continue his all out assault on the little princess. Naohiko had to end the duel now and in a way that wouldn't cost him the thing he held most dear. The Kraken bushi took steady, careful aim and then aimed his blow.....straight for Kaichiyo's boken! Naohiko's practice blade hit Kaichiyo on the back of her palm, hoping to force the blade out of her hand that way.

OOC:
6k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 2 1 void point spent for a free raise Disarm action
TN: 20+10
Dice: 19, 8, 2, 19, 2
Results: 46

Damage: 2k1 w/1 die to handle explosions
Dice: 3, 4, 4
Results: 4  
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 6, 7 Total: 17 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:11 am
Strength: 2k2 w/ 1 dice to handle explosions
Results: 10  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Paidi tou Selini rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 3, 3 Total: 10 (3-30)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:19 am
[Strength 2k2 to Hold onto that weapon for dear life!
Roll 2k2 vs. CTN 25
4, 3 = 7 ]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:55 am
[Stance: None, Wounds: 28 (Crippled +20)]

It was with a look of dismay that she felt her attack sweep right on by. The pain had set her stance too far off, she knew; the fatigued causing her to react far more slowly than was needed. Still, she was confident she could recover and get over herself. Her pride demanded she try to turn this into the dramatic duel she'd imagined. But Naohiko was ever one step ahead of her, and as she tried to bring her bokken back up into a defensive posture, his own came down in a firm swat upon her hand, eliciting a melodic yelp from her lips and, to her even greater dismay, forcing the practice sword from her hand. Overconfident or no, she knew she was beaten as she heard the bokken clatter at her feet. She fell to her knees and tried to quickly retrieve it, but between the presence of that intensely painful instrument in Naohiko's hand, and the searing pain in her leg as she tried to rise, she ultimately found she could do little more than stay on her knees and hang her head in defeat.

Her only redemption was that nobody was around to see her failure, even more humiliating than last time as she'd only managed to land a single blow. She supposed it had gone much the same in terms of skill, but this time it seemed Naohiko had learned to hit so much harder. "Pfe. Fiiine, you don't have to knock me out. I concede."

With a dramatic, pained sigh she fell back and sprawled out upon the dojo floor, looking up thoughtfully at the ceiling. "I guess fish and sails really don't teach you how to fight."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:27 am
Naohiko relaxed from his stance and sat down beside his friend. "No, I guess they don't. Although I do think you'll know this clan better than I will. It's not a waste of time." The bushi relaxed as he looked up at the dojo's ceiling. "It won't hurt to get in a few more sparring rounds. Maybe against Gendo-san or Motoichi-san. They're both near your level." After Naohiko had came down from the adrenaline high, he would stand up again. "Come on, Chiyo-chan. I guess we should get you looked at." he then proffered to help his princess up."You know, I thought you had me up until you let me get off that blow after you went into the center stance."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:25 am
"It's my job to know the clan, Hiko-kun." she sighed. "It's also my job to follow in Himura's footsteps. How am I to meet mother and grandfather's legacy if I can't even beat one of my own clansmen?"

She was starting to drift into the typical spoiled moping when his next comment pulled her out of it. "Trying to say you're so far above 'my level'!? You just... got lucky..." she trailed off, huffing in childish embarrassment and shame. She crossed her arms and huffed again, refusing to take the hand. "I'm fine. Nobody needs to look at me. I'll just... rest for a while... here..."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:59 pm
Naohiko merely sat back down along side the battered and bruised Kaichiyo. "Take your time. I'l be here for you.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:34 pm
"You! ..." she declared in frustration... before letting out a resigned sigh. "I know. You always are. Forgive me, Hiko-kun. I don't mean to diminish your accomplishments. You truly are skilled."

She shook her head and laughed, wincing a little from her chest's sting of protest. "But it's because of that that I need to beat you. Not a blacksmith or a kid. The best. And when we're done I'll beat your father. And then I'll beat my mother. Then any other duelist that dares to challenge me! No longer will Rokugan think "kenshinzen" when the subject of best duelists in the land comes up. The name Himura will be on their lips. And it starts right here. Again!"

She stifled her exclamation of pain as she slowly picked herself back up and hobbled over to center once more, taking the center stance, if unsteadily.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:58 pm
Naohiko rose to meet the princess in the same stance and looked in her eyes with all the intensity he could muster. "Kaichiyo. If that is your desire, then I shall happily do all that is in my power to train you. It won't be much fun and there won't be much singing involved, I'm afraid. Time will also be an issue. We'll leave for Kyuden Doji not long from now. We may only be able to begin in earnest after we return." The Kraken samurai's gaze relaxed slightly. "As for this duel, you know that wierd monk Shi will tend to your wounds, right?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:41 pm
A fire blazed in her eyes as she saw that subtle look of pity from him, but deep down she knew that fighting in this condition would accomplish nothing. Her expression turned thoughtful at the offer. He likely could offer little that her sensei already provided, but it was an interesting idea nonetheless. If a bit regretful at the mention of no fun or singing. Surely he couldn't be serious! In the end she could only shrug with an uncertain, "We'll see..."

To the second comment she winced and her stance wavered, the implication ultimately breaking her will. "I hadn't... thought about that... eugh, fiiiine! I'll rest, but only if you keep him from touching me! Sheesh, gonna have to learn medicine myself at this rate."

She began her signature hum of stress as she strolled back over to the practice rack and returned the bokken to its proper spot, before heading out and towards the beach. "I'm off to see Minato-san. Thank you for the spar and youthful wisdom~"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out