Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~Roleplay Planning and OOC~
"Mana yuketsu" RP planning Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:31 am
Novama
Blackscar_swiss
Phoenix347
Thinking of either a chimera oni or the modified vhimera, whatever it's name shall be.

huh? what we talking bought here?

Do you have a post explaining the stats you are using with the classes or something to explain the overall system when doing combat and other pvp things?

My guess is the dice mechanic on posts.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Novama

Do you have a post explaining the stats you are using with the classes or something to explain the overall system when doing combat and other pvp things?

well since where in the planning stages of the RP I have two systems to run the adjacent stat system with the classes, or the adjacent stat system with the In-Depth stat system (its just what I call them), I explain and you guys decide witch you rather use.

here the adjacent stat system:

Strength: This stat will measure the users muscle powers, his ability to lift heavy objects his ability to cause physical damage with Taijutsu/physical based attacks.
Strengths adjacent system: The user feats of Strength in the stat system are measured by a 3 rank difference.
o RPC A [1 2 3 4 [5 6 7 8] 9 10]
RPC B [1 2 3 4 [5 6 7 8] 9 10]
o For example RPC B has a two rank difference higher then RPC A this makes RPC B more durable to RPC A’s taijutsu’s/Physical attack but not necessarily stronger. Now if RPC B was 3 ranks stronger that will signify that the user is noticeably stronger than their opponent.

Agility: This stat measures the users speed in closing distance but it does not affect the users hand movements.
Agility’s Adjacent System: The user feats of speed in the stat system are measured by a 3 rank difference.
o For example, RPCi B has a two rank difference higher than RPC A. This makes RPC B more likely to dodge RPC A’s attack, but does not make RPC A necessarily faster. Now if RPC B was 3 ranks faster, that will signify that the user is noticeably faster than their opponent. When outside the bracket (RPC A: 9 Speed, RPC B: 4 Speed), there is no question that RPC A is much faster.
o Having a vast majority in speed does not mean that you have a right to dodge EVERY attack. Remember, Skill/Spell/Alchemy speeds and the user’s speed’s are two different things.

now the adjacent stat with the class system works as simple as you use the adjacent stat system as explained above but the class determines your RPC stats as your rpc progresses.

Now the adjacent stat system with the In-Depth system works alittle differently

In-Depth Adjacent Stat system:

Strength: This stat will measure the users muscle powers, his ability to lift heavy objects his ability to cause physical damage with Taijutsu/physical based attacks.
Strengths adjacent system: The user feats of Strength in the stat system are measured by a 3 rank difference.
o For example RPC B has a two rank difference higher then RPC A this makes RPC B more durable to RPC A’s taijutsu’s/Physical attack but not necessarily stronger. Now if RPC B was 3 ranks stronger that will signify that the user is noticeably stronger than their opponent.

Agility: This stat measures the users speed in closing distance but it does not affect the users hand movements.
Agility’s Adjacent System: The user feats of speed in the stat system are measured by a 3 rank difference.
o For example, RPCi B has a two rank difference higher than RPC A. This makes RPC B more likely to dodge RPC A’s attack, but does not make RPC A necessarily faster. Now if RPC B was 3 ranks faster, that will signify that the user is noticeably faster than their opponent. When outside the bracket (RPC A: 9 Speed, RPC B: 4 Speed), there is no question that RPC A is much faster.
o Having a vast majority in speed does not mean that you have a right to dodge EVERY attack. Remember, Skill/Spell/Alchemy speeds and the user’s speed’s are two different things.

Awareness: This determines your RPC’s attention to details and will ultimately decide his/her defense-Offence with or against Genjutsu’s/Illusions.
(Note awareness as a stat may not stick as I have yet to make a system for it.)

Mana Control: This will be here to determine if your RPC can learn certain Skill/Spell/Alchemy, as well as regulate how many Skill/Spell/Alchemy your RPC can use. This is measured simply by adding 25 to your total mana pool for each rank for example having Mana control rank 5 is a total number of 125 Mana pool.(+ race/ and maybe class bonus)

Stamina: The RPC resistance to Poisons, Side-effects & in some cases Seals, as well as places a limit on how many Physical Skill your RPC can use. The Physical aspect is easily measured in the same way Mana control measures Skill/Spell/Alchemy, by adding 25 to your total stamina pool for each rank for example an rank of 5 in stamina will equal 125, points to spent using taijutsu’s. (Note that some taijutsu’s/physical attacks may cost Mana as well.) ( + Race bonuses/ maybe Class bonuses)

How to distribute Stats:
In Mana Yuketsu, RPC will be able to develop in a number of ways, but to not restrict (much) you we with held on class types at the beginning, instead being a class type is a choice now, If wanted you can go out and do your entire RPC adventure without selecting a class if wanted and this goes unrewarded (see Class section for more information). The way this works now is by freely distributing Stats yourself to Stats you want your RPC to have but their limited by rank, for example rank 1 by default start off with these stats:

Rank 1:
Str: 1
Agt: 1
Aws: 1
MnC: 1
Sta: 1

But once your RPC is approved, you’re free to distribute 6 point into your stats. So, your RPC can be any combination into stats you’re willing to give as long as it doesn’t exceed 6 points:

Genin:
Str: 3 (1+2)
Agt: 2 (1+1)
Aws: 2 (1+1)
Chc: 2 (1+ 1)
Sta: 2 (1+ 1)

Now with the points distributed your RPC is ready to enter the MT world. Now as you rank up you will be able to distribute more point toward your stats the following is the point to be distributed upon achieving that rank:

Rank1: 6
Rank 2: 7
Rank 3: 8
Rank4: 9

(Just a heads up for those of you thinking something like you’re just going to put all your points into agility to try to be like flash or whatever I’m a go ahead and say no, not possible first of all if you did do that you will be exceptionally weak at everything else you probably wouldn’t be strong enough to cause damage to anyone your rank let alone probably two rank below you as your power is pitiful, also you won’t have any chakra control so you probably have no strong powerful jutsu’s either let alone your likely not survive a genjutsu/illusion attack at all. So to just avoid all this I’m a go ahead and say you may only get Agt as well as any other stat to as high as 15 rank. Unless you joined a class that requires that stat to go higher than 15 but that’s all be at high ranked. )

these are not set in stone I may need to work on it's finesse to fit the Mana yuketsu RP (I originally created but not tested it for another rp)

Classes in this system will be milestones to join into instead of be considered in. it also allow you to rp your RPC into classes such as oni, and such.

so...what do you guys think?

-KooL-LiSa-

DragonChild09

Phoenix347

Blackscar_swiss

Versatile Guildsman

5,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:56 pm
Blackscar_swiss

Maybe have the classes have a limit so that mana (forgive the simplicity) users wouldn't be training up to be really strong but rather fast or something and vice versa for sword characters (again, simplicity for sake of speed)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:51 pm
Phoenix347
Blackscar_swiss

Maybe have the classes have a limit so that mana (forgive the simplicity) users wouldn't be training up to be really strong but rather fast or something and vice versa for sword characters (again, simplicity for sake of speed)

so what your saying is you prefer the first one right?  

Blackscar_swiss

Versatile Guildsman

5,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:09 pm
Blackscar_swiss
Phoenix347
Blackscar_swiss

I can't see a major difference between the two sets, although the first seems more simplistic. I believe it would be more up to what you would rather have; a more story and narrative driven thread, or a more strategic and organized thread using numbers stats for a more classical board-game feeling RP.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:26 pm
Phoenix347
Blackscar_swiss
Phoenix347
Blackscar_swiss

I can't see a major difference between the two sets, although the first seems more simplistic. I believe it would be more up to what you would rather have; a more story and narrative driven thread, or a more strategic and organized thread using numbers stats for a more classical board-game feeling RP.

they both use the adjacent stat system, the difference is the first one your base stats are determined by your class, the second one your Stats are determined by your selection, and the class system is a bonus stat enhancer and skill tree unlock-er, (putting it in meta game terms)  

Blackscar_swiss

Versatile Guildsman

5,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Blackscar_swiss

Versatile Guildsman

5,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:37 pm
Blackscar_swiss
Update

Hey everyone, small tiny update this time work and what not kept me busy, but I did start a skype group for anyone that feels like they'll like to contribute ideas, or assist feel free to join if you have a skype.
my skype name is : Blackscar_swiss feel free to Contact me and I'll invite you to the group. anyways all I've really had time to do is update a few more details and added like one or two new races from my last update. I believe.

-KooL-LiSa-

Novama

DragonChild09

Phoenix347

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:52 pm
-KooL-LiSa-

Novama

DragonChild09

Blackscar_swiss

A few weeks late in replying to this, but I'm still interested if you guys want to do this still. Most of the group RP's in the guild have died out sadly so I'd like to see a couple come back if this starts up.  

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:56 pm
Phoenix347

I'm up for it 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:14 pm
DragonChild09

I'm up for it 4laugh

Alright, there's one.  

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:33 pm
I'll not be able to make this one.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:42 pm
Phoenix347
-KooL-LiSa-

Novama

DragonChild09

Blackscar_swiss

A few weeks late in replying to this, but I'm still interested if you guys want to do this still. Most of the group RP's in the guild have died out sadly so I'd like to see a couple come back if this starts up.

sorry guys I'v hit a ha;t in production in the rp planning but due to work (and being absorbed into playing destiny with my friends) but I'll get back to work on it if you guys still want to play it. if you guys like I can set up a rpc creation to get your rpc's created and get it out of the way  

Blackscar_swiss

Versatile Guildsman

5,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:50 pm
Blackscar_swiss
Phoenix347
-KooL-LiSa-

Novama

DragonChild09

Blackscar_swiss

sorry guys I'v hit a ha;t in production in the rp planning but due to work (and being absorbed into playing destiny with my friends) but I'll get back to work on it if you guys still want to play it. if you guys like I can set up a rpc creation to get your rpc's created and get it out of the way

It'd be best to wait and see how many are still up for it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:18 pm
Phoenix347
Blackscar_swiss
Phoenix347
-KooL-LiSa-

Novama

DragonChild09

Blackscar_swiss

It'd be best to wait and see how many are still up for it.

fair enouph until then I'll be fine tuning the classes.  

Blackscar_swiss

Versatile Guildsman

5,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
~Roleplay Planning and OOC~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers