Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
3.5 Fighters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Redneck Messiah

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:05 pm
I need two fighters for a campaign I'm running. I'm turning to you guys because I notice that all of my NPCs tend to be ... similar. So! I'm asking for help.

2 level 14 fighters. Only stipulations are that there can be no home brew, and no prestige classes. You guys are more than welcome to go as simple as offering base suggestions for builds or as complex as complete character sheets.

I look forward to seeing a lot of interesting characters.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:59 am
my favorite fighter build has to be the "thug" fighter.

You take the variant class option that trades the fighter bonus feats for the rogue's sneak attack. so you have heavy armor, big a** weapons, and sneak attack through mob-tactics.

add to that a single level of the totem variant barbarian as a multiclass to pick up the lion totem for pounce. When you charge, you get your full attack instead of just one. If you charge into flanking, every attack has sneak attack.  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:35 am
Fighter... in a high level 3.5 game.

Sorry, just PTSD.

Honestly, I'd roll barbarians (maybe 2 level dump fighter for feats).

Or look at the book of weeabo fightan magic. (Book of Nine Swords)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:33 am
They have to be fighters. No level dips. I can use variants, but that's about it. They are not meant to be anything special, but I have a high level Dwarven Defender with Leadership. Taking Class Champion nets him 2 followers of his highest available level that share his class. If he has more than one class, they can only share one of those classes. Since he's only Fighter/Dwarven Defender, they have to be fighters. I'm not allowed to PrC them.  

Redneck Messiah

Newbie Noob

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:48 am
then forget the barb splash and go with my suggestion above. a pair of thug fighters are pretty strong...large two-handed weapons + multiple sneak attacks per round is <3  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:27 pm
simple ideas

bar fighter; unarmed fighting and every manuver feat you can get (grab, trip, dirty tricks, etc) pair with a knife, or other light weapon, and be the annoying grabby drunk at the bar.

Focused fighter: ph2, i think, has a group of feats called combat focus. They give even the most simple build an unseen twist, such as fast healing... might think of pairing with Wild Talent psionic feat for more surprises.

Dracon haritage; ether; dragon magic, or draconomician(sp) has a archtype swapping armor prof. for scales, nice combo for a dragonwoght kobold fighter.

Shock Trooper; powerful charge, and it's up-grade(with the flying variant in races of the wilds, if a flyer) for a quick in heavy hitter.

more ideas, just tired and hate typing on my phone. I can go into detail for any of these  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Redneck Messiah

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:15 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
simple ideas

bar fighter; unarmed fighting and every manuver feat you can get (grab, trip, dirty tricks, etc) pair with a knife, or other light weapon, and be the annoying grabby drunk at the bar.

Focused fighter: ph2, i think, has a group of feats called combat focus. They give even the most simple build an unseen twist, such as fast healing... might think of pairing with Wild Talent psionic feat for more surprises.

Dracon haritage; ether; dragon magic, or draconomician(sp) has a archtype swapping armor prof. for scales, nice combo for a dragonwoght kobold fighter.

Shock Trooper; powerful charge, and it's up-grade(with the flying variant in races of the wilds, if a flyer) for a quick in heavy hitter.

more ideas, just tired and hate typing on my phone. I can go into detail for any of these

Please. I'm looking for something exotic. So the more odd the better. I don't care if it's mechanically sound, these characters are going to see very little play outside of the occasional RP tidbit when I get the chance to send them on errands. The rest of the party is into epic levels. These two level 12's will not even annoy anything we go against in regards to combat. With that said, anything that I could use to help the party, or more importantly, my own character, is something that I think would be useful.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:04 pm
Redneck Messiah
Southern Cross Nemesis
simple ideas

Please. I'm looking for something exotic. So the more odd the better. I don't care if it's mechanically sound, these characters are going to see very little play outside of the occasional RP tidbit when I get the chance to send them on errands. The rest of the party is into epic levels. These two level 12's will not even annoy anything we go against in regards to combat. With that said, anything that I could use to help the party, or more importantly, my own character, is something that I think would be useful.

Wild Cohrt; It is now in an archive on WotC's web sight, but there is a feat that gives all classes an animal companion; weaker than druids, but can be taken at first level. Pair with the Jungle Halfing for a rider who can poison their attacks and handle run aways. Last game I had with it, I made the beast intelligent for it's kind(+2 int) and played a Lassie rip off.

more when I can see my books/old dm notes, about an hour left to work.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces