Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Actually... I do have a question. (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alw8701

7,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:57 pm
I like editing my Gaia's profile. Putting together pictures of my favorite things and an awesome background to compliment everything. Though, recently, there's been a major lag trying to bring my pictures down my profile. It works fine until I get to a certain point. I don't understand why it does that, or if it just does that to me.

I may be the odd person here, but if someone knows why it's happening, could you please inform me. If it's being fixed, it's taking awhile, because this has been happening for about... forever now.

I've mentioned it before a really long time ago, but nothing has happened...

Anyways, drama llama to cheer me up... dramallama  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:52 am
It loaded fine for me, but you do have two HUGE gifs of the sweet Markiplier (he is so entertaining) that might be holding up the loading time for you. Just a guess.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

alw8701

7,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:18 am
It's not the gif. I know that much. The lag mainly happens when I start pulling pictures down my profile and eventually I have to keep clicking them down to where I what them. Usually I can just drag them down, but once it gets to a certain point, I am just taking ten minutes to get one picture where I want it... And I'm so glad you find him entertaining ^.^ he means good for the world... unless that's his evil plan, then I am going to die by the hands of evilplier. ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:22 am
Also, another thing. It doesn't matter what computer I use too. I'm on my mother's laptop at the moment, and her computer is doing the same exact thing as my two computers at home... (I'm a computer nerd if anyone hasn't noticed by now). So I know it's not the machine itself, it's something to do with the site or my Gaia.. because if it works fine for everyone else... I may just have to re-create another Gaia and see if that works, but I feel as if I've already done that before and didn't get a good solution from it (obviously), though it's been so long, I can't remember.  

alw8701

7,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Shujitsun

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:07 pm
alw8701

It's loading fine for me as well. I'm not really sure what could be causing it for you. I believe the techies may be more helpful to you than me: you may have better luck having your question answered here. c:  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:08 pm
Shujitsun
alw8701

It's loading fine for me as well. I'm not really sure what could be causing it for you. I believe the techies may be more helpful to you than me: you may have better luck having your question answered here. c:

I'll give it a chance.  

alw8701

7,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200

alw8701

7,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:23 am
By the way guys, I want to thank all of you for the help. It takes using Internet Explorer to edit my profile exactly the way I want it without lag.

I don't understand why Chrome lags, though I found an alternative way to work with it until it starts working with Chome.

It may not even be Gaia's fault as to why Chrome is hard to work with, it might just be Chrome itself, and trying to report a bug like this to them is like me trying to explain how the world began in scientific and exact ways... It's not happening. XD  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games