Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Guild Wide Out Of Character Chat (break the shyness here) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the Guild Chat Remain?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:44 pm
MageofHeartss
Hey I'm new here and ready to meet some new people for role-playing, I need to develop ideas for an oc and such but I'm sure I'll be ready to do some role-playing soon!

Welcome to the show smile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:46 pm
Fauna Lestrade
i find I get in a writers funk when I try and force myself to write something that I don't really want to write. or a part of a story I can't figure out how. It just kills the creative flow for me.

I break out by writing something I want to write and getting away from what's creating the block. Or if I'm forcing it, I try and think outside of the direction I'm trying to force it and try and think of a more fun direction to go.

or if you are talking about for an entire story, I don't know as much. maybe just working out some ideas with an outside source. start with where you want to start and maybe talking back and forth with someone will help build story from there?

I remember being in several more rp's once. There were several times I'd get the excuse so-n-so couldn't post because of block....looking back, I wonder if was just them getting tired of the rp already. There were so many rp's back then, it was easy to be distracted by something new and shiny and suddenly our current rp didn't hold the same allure.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Fauna Lestrade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:19 pm
Novama
Fauna Lestrade
i find I get in a writers funk when I try and force myself to write something that I don't really want to write. or a part of a story I can't figure out how. It just kills the creative flow for me.

I break out by writing something I want to write and getting away from what's creating the block. Or if I'm forcing it, I try and think outside of the direction I'm trying to force it and try and think of a more fun direction to go.

or if you are talking about for an entire story, I don't know as much. maybe just working out some ideas with an outside source. start with where you want to start and maybe talking back and forth with someone will help build story from there?

I remember being in several more rp's once. There were several times I'd get the excuse so-n-so couldn't post because of block....looking back, I wonder if was just them getting tired of the rp already. There were so many rp's back then, it was easy to be distracted by something new and shiny and suddenly our current rp didn't hold the same allure.

yep exactly.

that's when you talk it out and switch things up. make them interesting. it also happens to me if you rush a story too quickly. make decisions that change the story a lot and you leap before you look and end up not liking where the story goes. communication helps with an Rp partner.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:15 pm
Communication was alright when there were particular plots in mind, but what about when there are no plots in mind and the story could literally go wherever and that was part of the fun: seeing where it went. Folks were boxed into unfun plots. they just wanting something else for the sake of wanting something else seemed like.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

abra teleported away

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:07 pm
I have been looking through the topics here, well the ones that are open, and for a guild with so many members this place seems quite... dead. Is this fairly normal?

I see a lot of games open with just a start that have not been posted on in months, and others that never got off the ground to begin with. Not to mention all the under utilized sub forums...

I guess what I'm asking is, is this guild functioning? Do we need help? Is it a symptom of something that happened recently?

I mean I don't often have a ton of time to play but I try to gear up at least once a day which is why I joined, I figured people in a guild would be dedicated... Please tell me if I'm looking at this the wrong way... I would love to be wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:59 am
Abra Teleported Away
I have been looking through the topics here, well the ones that are open, and for a guild with so many members this place seems quite... dead. Is this fairly normal?

I see a lot of games open with just a start that have not been posted on in months, and others that never got off the ground to begin with. Not to mention all the under utilized sub forums...

I guess what I'm asking is, is this guild functioning? Do we need help? Is it a symptom of something that happened recently?

I mean I don't often have a ton of time to play but I try to gear up at least once a day which is why I joined, I figured people in a guild would be dedicated... Please tell me if I'm looking at this the wrong way... I would love to be wrong.

Take this with a grain of salt coming from a new member of this guild but honestly what happened here is just an example of what happens to most guilds. A lot of people join, but for every one that joins another quits Gaia or loses interest in the guild topic. Unless a guild has a legit, strong, active group of core members who greet everyone and keep everything moving, it will for over time. Although I have seen many come back from the dead and others survive and thrive where they were once dieing. There's a lot of variables but most the time guilds die within a few months. Those that last longer than that are impressive. I hope to see this guild become active again but it's going to take more than just a few of us.  

Thoron_Dread

Vicious Dabbler

7,825 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Tolvezii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:03 am
Hello!! New dude here... looking to connect up with a solid RP group! Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:01 pm
I need an active roleplay right now. Anyone got one?  

narxfang

Quotable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rymnas

Dangerous Trader

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:15 am
Wow... It's been ages since I checked back at this guild... Anyone else still alive and kicking?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:12 am
I think most of us remember when rps used to run for hours and into the ate night/ early morning.

I know I remember constantly refreshing the page to check replies. But even then that rate was never sustainable. Eventually someone got tired and that was that. And then if you were even slightly slow in a response people would get irrationally angry. I hated that.

I'm really glad that this isn't the case anymore. With people being more understanding of post time.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this shift?  

GrayEnvy
Crew

Tenacious Pie

14,565 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100

DevilJett666

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:21 pm
GrayEnvy
I think most of us remember when rps used to run for hours and into the ate night/ early morning.

I know I remember constantly refreshing the page to check replies. But even then that rate was never sustainable. Eventually someone got tired and that was that. And then if you were even slightly slow in a response people would get irrationally angry. I hated that.

I'm really glad that this isn't the case anymore. With people being more understanding of post time.

I have definitely noticed. there are not near as many RP's going like they used to. It used to be like a Buffet. now its more like the dollar menu at McDonalds.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:36 am
DevilJett666
GrayEnvy
I think most of us remember when rps used to run for hours and into the late night/ early morning.

I have definitely noticed. there are not near as many RP's going like they used to. It used to be like a Buffet. now its more like the dollar menu at McDonalds.

I dunno about the dollar menu, as there are way too many selections on the dollar menu. Maybe more like a restaurant that has a predetermined menu.

But I will agree in general it's dried up but it can be nice to not have so much demand as people get really intense about other people's rate of posting.  

GrayEnvy
Crew

Tenacious Pie

14,565 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:56 pm
GrayEnvy
DevilJett666
GrayEnvy
I think most of us remember when rps used to run for hours and into the late night/ early morning.

I dunno about the dollar menu, as there are way too many selections on the dollar menu. Maybe more like a restaurant that has a predetermined menu.

But I will agree in general it's dried up but it can be nice to not have so much demand as people get really intense about other people's rate of posting.

Hey, the dollar menu still has some good stuff. Try a mcchicken next time. But agreed, it's gotten quiet lately. You're more than welcome to try and host an rp though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 pm
Hey guys~  

Runic Spring

Liberal Conversationalist

7,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100

Vercheil

Romantic Gaian

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150