Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Guild Wide Out Of Character Chat (break the shyness here) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the Guild Chat Remain?
  Yes
  No
View Results

GalaxyCommander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:24 pm
Novama

I agree. and since I only know phrases and a few words, I prefer dubs. Especially for fast paced comedy and high quality animation ones where the subs would delay the punch line or distract from the scene. It also helps filter out some of the crap. Only the most popular animes get dubbed usually, so a lot of the clones and so-so ones go under my radar. Every once in a while i go out of my way to watch a subbed one if it has something I really like about it

Ah nice yeah I can understand that.. The other reason I prefer subs though over dubbed is there's always a few lines in dubbed that get translated incorrectly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:38 am
GalaxyCommander
Novama

I agree. and since I only know phrases and a few words, I prefer dubs. Especially for fast paced comedy and high quality animation ones where the subs would delay the punch line or distract from the scene. It also helps filter out some of the crap. Only the most popular animes get dubbed usually, so a lot of the clones and so-so ones go under my radar. Every once in a while i go out of my way to watch a subbed one if it has something I really like about it

Ah nice yeah I can understand that.. The other reason I prefer subs though over dubbed is there's always a few lines in dubbed that get translated incorrectly.

Lol, can't really blame the dubs for bad translation since it was first a sub translation.

Anything short of watching it in japanese without subs is prone to translations errors.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

GalaxyCommander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:25 am
Novama

Lol, can't really blame the dubs for bad translation since it was first a sub translation.

Anything short of watching it in japanese without subs is prone to translations errors.

well the only issue with that one is sometimes you can watch the same episode over twice in a row once subbed and once dubbed and see the different translation right there in front of you and someone just.. changed it on script for reading.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:15 am
Now many folk interested in being crew looks like.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

GalaxyCommander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:56 am
Novama

Well I am.. but I PM'ed it like the instructions said to..  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 pm
GalaxyCommander
Novama

Well I am.. but I PM'ed it like the instructions said to..

That's bonus points for you 3nodding  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Kitiara_fox

Shadowy Rogue

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:27 pm
Good eve everyone  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:54 pm
Hello. It's you.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Frozen Kaori chan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:08 am
Novama
Hello. It's you.

eek  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:24 am
MultiAsh

Well for some reason I cant talk on your thread pm you are anything Just figured you might want to know you somehow blocked me I think..  

Frozen Kaori chan

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:04 am
Frozen Kaori chan
Novama
Hello. It's you.

eek

eek I'm glad I found someone with abnormally large eye balls like me  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:05 am
Some folks think some of the things that make them different are cool. The truth is, the unusual quirk or trait tends to just make you come off as weird and/or annoying. Food for thought.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Frozen Kaori chan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:37 am
Novama
Some folks think some of the things that make them different are cool. The truth is, the unusual quirk or trait tends to just make you come off as weird and/or annoying. Food for thought.

But I like being weird o.o lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:49 am
Frozen Kaori chan
Novama

But I like being weird o.o lol

Did you know there are thousands of gaian members with your same 'weirdness' ? Does it make you feel at home here since your weird is actually the gaia normal?  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Frozen Kaori chan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:06 pm
Novama

Did you know there are thousands of gaian members with your same 'weirdness' ? Does it make you feel at home here since your weird is actually the gaia normal?

Hmmm well now that's a tough one cause... I don't really feel at home anywhere...  
RPFLA Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff