Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Guild Wide Out Of Character Chat (break the shyness here) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the Guild Chat Remain?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:07 am
The Maharani
*peers in from behind a wall*
Hi! I've been on hiatus for a bit too. But if I started roleplaying again I would take it seriously and regularly participate, even if that meant logging on just to post and not do anything else on the site--full disclosure.

I've only ever created a rp once, when I mustered up every ounce of my courage and defied my own anxiety. It was in a half-dead rp guild... we never even got to the posting stage. So I doubt I'll be creating for awhile, unless I'm specifically asked to as a favor (I'm like Ella Enchanted emotion_facepalm ). It's nice to chat casually like this to get back into things, though. Thanks for putting this up, Novama!

You are very welcome.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:07 am
And then we realize that overly descriptive posts get skimmed more often than not. sweatdrop  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

The Maharani

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:34 pm
Novama
I hope I didn't interrupt or bulldoze someone with my introduction gonk
I'm also really looking forward to the new Zelda. Hoping I have the monies to spend at that time as well -.-;

Phoenix347
Hullo there :3

True_Guardian_Angel
You might have to bite the bullet and create one. Warn people about the phone thing, but I don't think it'll be too bad. I've done it myself and rp'ed with people that had to use a phone. It's a hassle, but it's possible. And as far as participants go, I think people are more interested than they let on, if this thread is any indication. You just have to be tenacious emotion_dowant

your classic mess
Have you tried PC gaming? There's a looooot of variety and they have classic games that you might've missed out on. Also Nintendo tends not to put out games that are FPS/gorey/macho.. although Splatoon is no joke. Between PC and my Nintendo consoles I seem to be able to get a satisfactory scope of games.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:19 pm
The Maharani
Novama
I'm also really looking forward to the new Zelda. Hoping I have the monies to spend at that time as well -.-;

Phoenix347

True_Guardian_Angel
You might have to bite the bullet and create one. Warn people about the phone thing, but I don't think it'll be too bad. I've done it myself and rp'ed with people that had to use a phone. It's a hassle, but it's possible. And as far as participants go, I think people are more interested than they let on, if this thread is any indication. You just have to be tenacious emotion_dowant

your classic mess
Have you tried PC gaming? There's a looooot of variety and they have classic games that you might've missed out on. Also Nintendo tends not to put out games that are FPS/gorey/macho.. although Splatoon is no joke. Between PC and my Nintendo consoles I seem to be able to get a satisfactory scope of games.

Helllo! to add to those others, I've seen people RP on their phones it is just slower but usually depends on the person. I've done responses on my phone as well, just quote my last post for the layout. And yes, PC gaming is where it's at. Almost every game that comes out for console comes out on the PC as well except for Wii... But then there are emulators for the nintendo games so there's that.  

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

True_Guardian_Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:29 pm
The Maharani
Novama

Phoenix347

True_Guardian_Angel

your classic mess

I've already joined one, and it's still open if anyone is interested.

As far as creating one, there is one in the making. An old idea I had that died halfway into it due to bad luck in RL. I'll post an AD when it's ready and I hope I won't disappoint. Lol..  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:24 am
Been playing that pokemon go lately. pretty fun.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

The Maharani

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:35 pm
Phoenix347

Yayaaa~ What games do you usually play? Between my dude friends and my boyfriend introducing me to Steam I've only begun my game repertoire/history: Portal, Portal 2, Mirror's Edge, Half-Life, and I'm playing Half-Life 2 currently.

True_Guardian_Angel

Sorry to hear it, I know what that's like. I'm sure your new idea won't disappoint! As far as joininggg... I'm waiting to jump in from the beginning of a new one. Call it superstition. But I'd be willing to check the open one out =P

Have you had any problems with it, Novama? I'm so skeptical about phone games in general ^^;  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:39 pm
The Maharani
Phoenix347

Yayaaa~ What games do you usually play? Between my dude friends and my boyfriend introducing me to Steam I've only begun my game repertoire/history: Portal, Portal 2, Mirror's Edge, Half-Life, and I'm playing Half-Life 2 currently.

I've recently downloaded Fallout 3 and gotten it to work on my computer, par a few crashes when switching tabs, but I've also been on Evolve since it went F2P, planetside 2, Tera. More of a multiplayer person myself but a good single is nice every now and then.  

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:40 pm
Novama

As has been the recent trend. I've been on that as well as working on Alpha Saphire lately XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:54 pm
The Maharani
Phoenix347

True_Guardian_Angel

Sorry to hear it, I know what that's like. I'm sure your new idea won't disappoint! As far as joininggg... I'm waiting to jump in from the beginning of a new one. Call it superstition. But I'd be willing to check the open one out =P

Have you had any problems with it, Novama? I'm so skeptical about phone games in general ^^;

It hasn't started yet. One slot left too.  

True_Guardian_Angel

your classic mess

Peaceful Star

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:41 am
The Maharani

your classic mess

I actually have tried PC gaming and I do love it~! ^^
My only problem is that I don't have the best PC to really work with.
Some of my steam games run pretty well, but any emulator I've ever tried has been a nightmare... @.@
Which, it's kind of funny really! But it runs Sims 4 exceptionally well!
So you'd think it wouldn't have that much of a problem. Boy was I wrong! XD

And when it comes to gaming companies, I'm not picky.
I started off with Sega then was wrapped up in the world of Nintendo before eventually becoming a huge Sony fan.
I've played games since I was old enough to button mash. >w<
My dad and my brother eventually got big into Xbox and I enjoy some of their games, but the Playstation will always be my go to.
That is...unless I get a dream cast.

There's this store out where my boyfriend lives that fixes and restores old systems and games and I literally flipped when I saw that they had a dream cast for sale.
That system was incredibly underrated but I loved loved loved it!!!
I would have bought it by now if it weren't for the fact they don't sell very many games for it there.
And what good is a system with no games to play? T.T

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:16 am
Novama

I've played four nights in a row, four or five hours every time. Lol. It gets pretty addicting.  

True_Guardian_Angel

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:55 am
Ya, i've been playing pokemon daily. Rarely do i not have it on throughout the day. Still work and go out like normal, but you can bet I hit up those pokestops and catching things that happen to appear.

The game itself is pretty good at this point. I can reliably connect. With promises of more stable game and additional features coming, I'm feeling pretty good about the game.

My only issues with it is the occasional inability to connect, the stale state the map or pokemon can get in where I see pokemon nearby that I never run into, and the fighting mechanic for the game makes dodging very tricky and in most cases unnecessary. I think more stable connections and active refreshes of the gps/pokemon (which is in the works) will help, i also think the promised upgrade to fights coming will resolve some of my issues and make the game that much better. There's also promises of trading coming too, which will be great, but I also hope that includes the trading of items. If I run out of pokeballs, I would like my friend to be able to pass me a few for that 'what if' scenario.

A feature that hasn't been mentioned but I think would be nice is an easier pokemon storage cleaner. I sometimes collected a full box of pokemon where I can't catch anymore. I then have to manually go into each pokemon to transfer them. Very time consuming and sometimes error prone if server connectivity is strained.

Otherwise, it's everything promised. I suppose another upgrade to the game would be better spawning of pokemon out in the less populated areas. While I can occasionally catch some pokemon by my country house, i have to go into town if i want to go on a catching spree  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:15 pm
Phoenix347
your classic mess

Ayeee! Fallout 3 is great. Of course, I've only ever watched my step-brother play, but I loved it. I'm now free to play someone else's but I have so many other games to finish gonk As far as multiplayer, I'd do more if I had a reliable computer.. and the money.

I'm ridiculously loyal to Nintendo. But I did cheat sometimes to play Sims and Little Big Planet on Playstation, and Halo on Xbox. My brothers favored the other systems so we all got a taste of each console. Dream cast is classic! Awww. Have you checked out Amazon or Ebay for games? That's such a bummer. There's a place near me that has columns and columns of shelves for old games. It's a godsend.

And Pokemon Go is seriously taking over the planet... it's frightening xd  

The Maharani

your classic mess

Peaceful Star

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:16 pm
The Maharani

Well I haven't checked yet. I'm sure amazon and ebay have tons!
I'm just always so paranoid about buying games from them because I can't guarantee if I'm going to get the right game in good condition.
We've had some bad experiences in that department. ^^;

I LOVE SIMS! Don't even get me started.
Sims 4 has been the only PC sims game I've ever gotten but I've played every other sims game for console.
It's just so great. So much fun. I no life the s**t out of it. XD
And I've got every expansion pack they've released up to date so far.

And I might be just a little bit obsessed with pokemon go...
I really just enjoy it and the whole concept of it is wonderful!
It's almost like feeling like a kid again and having that childish excitement, going outside to explore the world (even though it's just to get pokemon)
And I love that it's a great way for people to connect!
I even have this coworker of mine playing it during our lunch break.
She's never even heard of pokemon until this game and it's so cute trying to teach her everything she needs to know. >w<

RPFLA Home

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff