Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Guild Wide Out Of Character Chat (break the shyness here) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the Guild Chat Remain?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:58 am
This will be the place all members may freely chat for now. We will see how it goes, if it's used, if everyone can get along nicely. Feel free to discuss whatever you like, but please follow gaia terms of service.

As a good starter, what might be an rp idea you had or character concept you would like to try?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:12 am
And to help kick it off...

Hmm. Post Apocalyptic themes have been an obssession of mine for a week or so. Well anything within that idea was something I wanted to try, much like Fallout or how Last of Us was.  

Lewd Samaritan

Timid Sleuth

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:20 am
You looking forward to that new fallout game coming out?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:22 am
What do you think put me in a mood for playing the games again? Lol. Needless to say it's been a Fallout Binge since I heard about the rumors.  

Lewd Samaritan

Timid Sleuth

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:48 am
How do the Bethesda fallouts compare with their elder scrolls games?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:37 pm
The comparison of Fallout and Elder Scrolls is like apples and oranges.

The similarity of the two ends at the perspective of which you play it. ESO has its mature hack and slash and bash someone's skull in, but Fallout takes it several steps further in various ways. Drugs, prostitution and even some morally/psychologically questionable things -- especially the Caesar's Legion in New Vegas.

Why Skyrim and all the other games are rated M is beyond me, as Fallout's a lot more graphic especially with some gibbed enemies. ES is in a fictional world, FO is Earth just retro-futuristic and more modern.

ES seems to focus more on its story while FO focuses on exploration and surviving in the Wasteland.  

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:56 pm
Anyone enjoy modding their games?

Has anyone gotten to the point that a game without planned additional content isn't worth playing?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:27 pm
Latest member to join made the total member count 25,666

emotion_awesome  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:15 pm
I once added my number to gaia so i could get pm and other notices I actually want. Now they are just using it to send me cash shop spam.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:10 pm
I think I just need to make a point of saying, for all the ladies (and inclined gentlemen) out there, I was looking up actors in army fatigue for this 1x1 with Noted and... I stumbled upon Matthew Lewis and it was... Just, if anyone follows that rp in the future, be warned. I don't know what else to say.  

IGmangachick

Fanatical Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:29 am
sounds like wordlessness xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:37 am
Hi everyone!! biggrin

SOOO im 24 and when i wa sin school i would pass rp notes with my friends and in class we would have "nothing rps" (what we called them.)

It would look like this:

Character name: Im talking *This is my action*

Did anyone else do that? and or are you doing it now? but like on your phones or what ever???

Just curious.Those rps always ended up being the randomness rps and the funniest- cause like, no rules applied and no one got butt hurt by any actions.  

PepperNutts

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:42 am
PepperNutts
Hi everyone!! biggrin

SOOO im 24 and when i wa sin school i would pass rp notes with my friends and in class we would have "nothing rps" (what we called them.)

It would look like this:

Did anyone else do that? and or are you doing it now? but like on your phones or what ever???

Just curious.Those rps always ended up being the randomness rps and the funniest- cause like, no rules applied and no one got butt hurt by any actions.

When I was in school I had friends that would pass a notebook of some kind around. Someone would draw the setting, we would then draw our characters, and then we would pass the notebook around drawing/stating our character actions and dialogue. A bit different, but similar to what you stated I imagine.

I'm more curious how you had an account in 2001 when gaia's copyright goes back only to 2003 xd That would also suggest you were one of those sorts that had an account before they were legally supposed to lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:52 am
Novama
PepperNutts
Hi everyone!! biggrin

It would look like this:

When I was in school I had friends that would pass a notebook of some kind around. Someone would draw the setting, we would then draw our characters, and then we would pass the notebook around drawing/stating our character actions and dialogue. A bit different, but similar to what you stated I imagine.

I'm more curious how you had an account in 2001 when gaia's copyright goes back only to 2003 xd That would also suggest you were one of those sorts that had an account before they were legally supposed to lol

HAHAHA well I'm probably wrong, i thought i got it in 5th grade which i think was 2001. I must have been in middle school some time?

Anywho~ Yeah we passed notebooks too. but the notebooks were for doodling and "serious" rping (like 1 to 2 paragraphs, and i swear we thought we were writing novels. )

I miss the pure character interactions though. I mean id wanna write more then one line but i guess right now I'm feeling nostalgic and just wanna find a place to pick a character and wing it?

But along those lines its hard to find someone whose on the same page as you for that kind of thing :/

That's why i got back on gaia actually- to try and find fun rps.

Have you gotten on Tegaki e? thats a fun doodle rp site smile  

PepperNutts

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:57 am
PepperNutts
Novama
PepperNutts
Hi everyone!! biggrin

It would look like this:

HAHAHA well I'm probably wrong, i thought i got it in 5th grade which i think was 2001. I must have been in middle school some time?

Anywho~ Yeah we passed notebooks too. but the notebooks were for doodling and "serious" rping (like 1 to 2 paragraphs, and i swear we thought we were writing novels. )

I miss the pure character interactions though. I mean id wanna write more then one line but i guess right now I'm feeling nostalgic and just wanna find a place to pick a character and wing it?

But along those lines its hard to find someone whose on the same page as you for that kind of thing :/

That's why i got back on gaia actually- to try and find fun rps.

Have you gotten on Tegaki e? thats a fun doodle rp site smile

I've never used that one. Drawing was something I did more when I was younger. Now, my roleplay is mainly tabletop or written word only. Some have suggested that images can lessen the impact of a scene because imagery takes the freedom of visual for a scene from the reader. They may think of something much more grand that is lessened by a far inferior but more truthful rendering. I don't necessarily hop on this idea, but I do feel doodles can take time and thought away from the rp better invested in other ways.  
RPFLA Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff