Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Resources
Flying Giftbox / Rare Event Item List Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:42 pm

« Flying Giftbox / Rare Event Item List »

It's a great surprise when a gift (flying giftbox / rare event / random event) floats across your screen while browsing Gaia. These are like free Chance Items. You've gotten a gift! But... should you open it? What's inside!?

This thread will list the potential items found within those rare events.

★ Please note:
        The bottom right corner of each post indicates whether a list is "complete" or "incomplete!"
        Some lists are incomplete because the sources conflict. Please see the list of sources at the bottom of this thread. I'm going to need to open some rare events to confirm the info.

« Index »

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:50 pm

« How Do I Get One!? »

Unless stated otherwise, this is how you get each of the random/rare event items in this list.

1. Step One - Keep your eyes peeled.
          Sorry, there's no magic trick to finding a rare event. They just happen. The more time you spend on Gaia, the more you have a chance at finding a rare event... (but that's just because you have no chance at finding a rare event when you're offline).
          If a rare event will appear on a page, it will load when you first open that page. For example, if you've had a tab already open for a few minutes, no rare event will magically spawn on that screen.
          When rare events appear, they float across the screen. They're hard to miss. You'll see a blue square with the icon of the rare event. They float (slowly) in a diagonal pattern and bounce from one side of the screen to the other.
          User Image

2. Click it!
          Click on the rare event. A pop-up now appears within the same tab. (When you're done, you can close out this pop-up and resume what you were doing.)
          You have a few-minute window to click on it. If you take too long, you will not be granted the rare event, even if you clicked the link. I'm not sure how long you get. I always click them right away. I've heard many woes of people opening up multiple tabs to check later, only to find out that one tab had a rare event. Always check your tabs!
          User Image

3. Claim your gift.
          You don't have your item just yet. Click the yellow "Claim Your Gift" button on the pop-up. Leaving that page open for too long without clicking the button will make your rare event expire.

4. A new tab opens. You've been granted the rare event.
          If a new tab opens, you've done everything correctly. The new tab prompts you to check your inventory. You can check it right then or you can wait until later. The rare event will just hang out in your inventory.
          Now you can return to whatever you were doing. You can close out the new tab and the pop-up in the first tab.
          User Image

« To Open or Not? »

I've seen many people ask, "Should I open my [insert rare event here] or not?" What you do is totally up to you. Seriously.
You just got it at random. Whatever happens, you get a new item out of the deal. You don't lose anything. You win.
Or... are you like me and concerned about the potential gold (or cool item) you could now get from the rare event? In that case, check the marketplace value of the rare event. Is it so cheap that it's not worth selling? Open it. Is it possibly worth selling? Look at the potential items inside it. Pay attention to the cheapest items... You'll most likely get one of those items. Don't want one? Sell the rare event.
But, you say, this could be your one chance at that big, expensive item? Yep, true. I find it hard to sell rare events. I lose out on potential gold because I open rare events (or hoard them). I've opened tons of duds. Tons. But I've also been lucky and gotten some nice items too.
Keep in mind that a lot of these rare events are used in Alchemy formulas. If you're interested in alchemy, you might want to hold onto the rare events to use in formulas.

...I'll either fix up this paragraph or remove it. I'll decide later.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:51 pm
« Pink Link »
User Image

Pink Links provide an average payout of around 30 million gold per box, so I've heard. My sample is currently skewed.

Here, I will list exact payouts. If/when you open a Pink Link, please think of this thread. Let me know what you got (and what date).
I'd like the date for archive purposes. If Pink Links become updated with a higher payout, and this thread is reporting low values... then you'll know to ignore them.

Gold -- Date
        27,900,000 3/15/15
        30,400,000 6/22/2015
        30,700,000 3/15/15
        41,500,000 3/15/15
        47,000,000 3/15/15
        49,000,000 6/22/2015
        350,000,000 3/15/15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:53 pm
« Pink Magical Giftbox »
User Image

« list complete (?)
Found a source that cites alchemy formula drops.
»

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:54 pm

« Blue Magical Giftbox »
User Image

« list incomplete! »

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:55 pm

« Brown Magical Giftbox »
User Image

« list incomplete! »

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:57 pm
« Enchanted Golden Trunk »
User Image

« list complete »

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:58 pm
« Enchanted Wooden Trunk »
User Image

« list complete »

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:59 pm
« Golden Magical Giftbox »
User Image

« list incomplete! »

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:01 pm
« Fat Cat Alert! »
User Image

« list complete »

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:04 pm
« Special Mentions »
        The following items do not fly across your screen, but you might find them at random. I won't list them here, but will link to lists.

« Enki's Catch » (Sometimes found while playing Booty Grab in tanks with Enki fish. Must catch the box in your shell.
[LITE] FISH FAQ + aquarium alchemy item guide

« Luck Chest » (Randomly appears in the header or in your aquarium tank while feeding fish. Need a Luck Key (99 Gaia Cash) to "open it" and receive an item.)

User Image« Emerald Seed » (Was once a Chance Item sold in the Cash Shop. It is now a possible reward while playing the Gaia Lake Kindred/Pets Battle System.)
The Emerald Seed - New Item List

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:06 pm
« Sources / Other Lists »
The following threads are listed in no significant order.

Notes to self. Add into thread. I typed these into in the first post before I fixed it up.
This list should go smoothly since I've found some sources to pull from (in addition to the notes I've been keeping). Sources will be linked.
What was I thinking? "I don't have much to write up! It's just a bunch of code. That will be fast!" Ugh. I think that every time.

This thread will list the Chance Items that you might see fly across your screen.

-- mark if items exclusive to that box
-- Some giftboxes themselves are used in alchemy recipes (unopened)
-- This lists potential items, not rarity. Some items are very common; some are very rare. Not an equal chance at all items within the boxes
-- click item names or images to be linked to the marketplace for item details
-- To open or not, that is the question. Well, you got it for free, what's the harm in opening it? You might get lucky. Chances are that the item you want is a rare drop... you could get the item... but you'll most likely end up with a dud. The risk/chance/opportunity is up to you! Check out the market price of the giftbox. You might want to sell the giftbox. ... Or you can hold onto it. Giftboxes aren't updated regularly. However, they do get updated. For example, I held onto my Pink Links and didn't open them when they granted 5k or 10k. Now? They can grant millions.
-- Either sources aren't as complete as they think, or other sources are reporting false info. Many giftboxes will need to be opened to verify this guide. Much later time. For now, is making coding a bit slower...

« »

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200