Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Anyone know the average age group of Gaians? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The easy way to decide this topic perhaps? What is your age group?
  Teenager
  Young adult
  Early to mid-twenties
  Late twenties to early thirties
  Early thirties and older
View Results

BloodyCreaturePosterGirl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:36 pm
I know that all ages enjoy Gaia, but I was just wondering if anyone knew off of the top of their heads what the average age group for Gaians is. I am 22, and I almost feel like an old lady when I explore the towns, happening by 15 year olds talking about their young teenage angst. Haha, no offense to any angsty (or MOODY, as Moira would call it!) teens. Just wondering!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:22 pm
Ha! I had a pre-made answer in my head XD but you've already experienced what I was going to say.

I haven't seen any official data (that I can think of), but here's my experience.

The flash spaces (Towns, Towns 2, Rally, Hollywood) attract a higher amount of the younger users on the site. I'd say that this averages from 13 (or the even younger, TOS breakers, heh) to your young-twenties. But yes, a very "teen" experience.
A few of the forums can feel this way too... like the Chatterbox.

On the flip side, forums that require a bit of, uh, time on the site to hang out in will have your older population of users. You'll especially find that true in the Gaia Community Discussion and Site Feedback (and maaaybe Extended Discussion).
Users run polls in the GCD every so often. Or, someone makes a thread like, "I'm 18! I feel so old on this site compared to other users!" And then the GCDers respond with their own ages. The GCD has all age ranges, but quite a few of them are in the 25-35 age range.

And... well, you'll have to lurk around to find some forums/spaces/guilds that you like. I'd say that the art community can be nice place to start (quite a few forums). That community has users ranging from young to old. Most people are on their best behavior since everyone wants to sell, buy or get free art, so there's an overall fun atmosphere. Of course, this could be outdated info. ^^;; I haven't checked out the art forums in months.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:32 pm
When Gaia first started over 10 years ago it was aimed at 13-16 year olds, who have since grown up and now I would guess that while we have youngsters joining, many of us are now at least in our 20s. But the nice thing is it doesn't matter much. I find age is nearly irrelevant to friendship!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:36 pm
sdrawkcab
Ha! I had a pre-made answer in my head XD but you've already experienced what I was going to say.

I haven't seen any official data (that I can think of), but here's my experience.

The flash spaces (Towns, Towns 2, Rally, Hollywood) attract a higher amount of the younger users on the site. I'd say that this averages from 13 (or the even younger, TOS breakers, heh) to your young-twenties. But yes, a very "teen" experience.

On the flip side, forums that require a bit of, uh, time on the site to hang out in will have your older population of users. You'll especially find that true in the Gaia Community Discussion and Site Feedback (and maaaybe Extended Discussion).
Users run polls in the GCD every so often. Or, someone makes a thread like, "I'm 18! I feel so old on this site compared to other users!" And then the GCDers respond with their own ages. The GCD has all age ranges, but quite a few of them are in the 25-35 age range.

And... well, you'll have to lurk around to find some forums/spaces/guilds that you like. I'd say that the art community can be nice place to start (quite a few forums). That community has users ranging from young to old. Most people are on their best behavior since everyone wants to sell, buy or get free art, so there's an overall fun atmosphere. Of course, this could be outdated info. ^^;; I haven't checked out the art forums in months.

That's a fantastic idea. I've been meaning to check out the art forums anyway. Thanks (:  

BloodyCreaturePosterGirl

BloodyCreaturePosterGirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:37 pm
JoyRose
When Gaia first started over 10 years ago it was aimed at 13-16 year olds, who have since grown up and now I would guess that while we have youngsters joining, many of us are now at least in our 20s. But the nice thing is it doesn't matter much. I find age is nearly irrelevant to friendship!

That makes sense! I agree with you, just not super fond of some of the conversations haha!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:02 pm
VictoriousSecret62114
JoyRose

That makes sense! I agree with you, just not super fond of some of the conversations haha!

So what shall WE talk about? 4laugh  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:18 pm
KonaLove62114
sdrawkcab

That's a fantastic idea. I've been meaning to check out the art forums anyway. Thanks (:

Good luck with your search!
I think this is what's nice about Gaia. You can usually find a forum that you find to be comfortable/fun. And, heck, if not~ there's gotta be a guild. XD

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games