Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
LFG D&D 5e

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IYO, the best tabletop RPG is:
  D&D
  Pathfinder
  Other
View Results

Zypher Wildfire

Invisible Regular

12,840 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:52 am
So I'm back from Hiatus, and I've found myself here and lurking in art freebies. I'd like to join a 5e game, but I'm curious how a forum based game would run. I do have 5e experience, so the rules are familiar with me, as well I have been reading the DMG and the MM from back to front recent to learn more about the rules, and maybe eventually run my own game. For now I would like to join a 5e campaign, more due to the inexperience I have with any other edition or game (ie: pathfinder).
PS: I'm tired while posting this so I might come back and edit this later to make more sense.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:32 pm
I'm not familiar with 5e, but I can learn and I'd love to play. Tired of DMing.  

Keiko Yurino

Blessed Bunny

6,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

Zypher Wildfire

Invisible Regular

12,840 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:15 pm
That makes two, thusfar. Now we need a DM, and possibly one or two more players.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:17 am
Zypher Wildfire
I'd like to join a 5e game, but I'm curious how a forum based game would run.

Slowly.

Not so much by fault of the nature of the beast that is PBP in of itself; but inevitably, someone is put in a critical decision moment, right before they disappear for 5-10 days. Stuff like that really kills momentum and leeches off other players' desire to post. In most of my experiences, that first "disappearance" is the first blow that will make a game bleed out and die.

The best thing I can recommend is go for a small game. 2-3 players, rather than the 4-6 players. Less waiting for other people involves, and it helps with momentum. And trust me, I've learned this the hard way. sad  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Zypher Wildfire

Invisible Regular

12,840 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:39 am
Rain Yupa
Slowly.

Not so much by fault of the nature of the beast that is PBP in of itself; but inevitably, someone is put in a critical decision moment, right before they disappear for 5-10 days. Stuff like that really kills momentum and leeches off other players' desire to post. In most of my experiences, that first "disappearance" is the first blow that will make a game bleed out and die.

The best thing I can recommend is go for a small game. 2-3 players, rather than the 4-6 players. Less waiting for other people involves, and it helps with momentum. And trust me, I've learned this the hard way. sad

That's what I figured. I don't think a campaign would be as easy versus a one-n-done.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:08 am
I'd be in for a 5e campaign...and yeah, playing over skype or roll20 would probably be a lot smoother/quicker than keeping it forum based.  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Keiko Yurino

Blessed Bunny

6,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:04 pm
When somebody agrees to DM, my skype is bunnygirl.keiko.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:52 am
Don't know how to DM but I'm sure I could figure it out. Looking for a campaign for DnD 5. Have one sorta if you guys want to join it but it's mostly friends >_<  

iDERZY

Thieving Cat

14,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Cool Cat 500

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:45 pm
I'd love to dm for you guys but I can't dm 5th ed as I don't have the books. If people could get me pdf links to at least MM and DMG I could. I'd also be using Roll20.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:23 pm
Did someone say, VENGEANCE PALADIN?!  

Winter Wondork

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:52 am
Winter Wondork
Did someone say, VENGEANCE PALADIN?!

Well, you just did.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:53 pm
Ah 5th Edition. My second favorite DnD. If people get together for a non PBP game of it, I'd look into joining. Heck, even got books (yay).

skype is raganui  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas