Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Seven Things You Should Know About UFOs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:29 am
Seven Things You Should Know About UFOs  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:53 am
They should be a little more honest and concrete with their use of the word "extraterrestrial". What they're really speaking against is flying saucers and life on other planets. That I would agree the bible doesn't support. But going by the literal definition of ETI—Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence—the bible does support the existence of ETI: both God and the angels originate and exist outside ("extra") the earth ("terra") and have intelligence like us. So yes, actually, the bible does support extraterrestrial life. God isn't dead. The angels are alive as well. They witnessed the creation of the earth, according to Job, ergo are not of the earth but somewhere outside of it.

• Job 38:4-7 (NIV)

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
            Tell me, if you understand.
        5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
            Who stretched a measuring line across it?
        6 On what were its footings set,
            or who laid its cornerstone—
        7 while the morning stars sang together
            and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?

Footnotes:

a. Job 38:7 Hebrew the sons of God

But they're not flying saucers. Nor does Ezekiel's vision fit the description of the lights and flying discs being spotted in the sky either. Whatever it is, deception, demonic, satellites or flares, it's not the four flying creatures with wheels.

cristobela
Vice Captain

FloralStardust

Shy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:53 pm
From a scientific standpoint I think life could exist elsewhere but I don't think animalistic life, such as human or a dog/cat etc, could. Plankton or bacteria life seems more logical to exist. As this article you provided states:
"there was no evidence submitted to, or discovered by, the USAF that sightings categorized as “unidentified” represented technological developments or principles beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge."

Let me know when they find ET riding his bike.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:59 pm
cristobela
They should be a little more honest and concrete with their use of the word "extraterrestrial". What they're really speaking against is flying saucers and life on other planets. That I would agree the bible doesn't support. But going by the literal definition of ETI—Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence—the bible does support the existence of ETI: both God and the angels originate and exist outside ("extra") the earth ("terra") and have intelligence like us. So yes, actually, the bible does support extraterrestrial life. God isn't dead. The angels are alive as well. They witnessed the creation of the earth, according to Job, ergo are not of the earth but somewhere outside of it.

• Job 38:4-7 (NIV)

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
            Tell me, if you understand.
        5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
            Who stretched a measuring line across it?
        6 On what were its footings set,
            or who laid its cornerstone—
        7 while the morning stars sang together
            and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?

Footnotes:

a. Job 38:7 Hebrew the sons of God

But they're not flying saucers. Nor does Ezekiel's vision fit the description of the lights and flying discs being spotted in the sky either. Whatever it is, deception, demonic, satellites or flares, it's not the four flying creatures with wheels.

Most people connect the words 'extra terrestrial intelligence' with space aliens. From what I gathered of the article he was using a general understanding of what the word means and ideas that seem to have gotten a better hold in society. Addressing Christians while using the same vernacular that those who hold to these ideas does. Though I can not say for sure, I don't think he was deliberately/dishonestly leaving God out. You make a good point. I would want to use that description of God myself (unless I like you just did pointed to another meaning) because of the connotation most have to the words.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces