Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Writer's and Reader's Corner
[Foxyre] To infinity, but never beyond. (Science Fiction)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:29 pm
They say that in space, no one can hear you scream for help, well only when your suit's mic is busted or if any communications you've got is destroyed by whoever or whatever broke it then only there, no one can truly hear your scream. Space is vast, it's bigger than our world and our galaxy, but there's a limit to it's reach and what lies beyond that, is absolute darkness, you can bring a light, but, you can never shine away the emptiness around you. You don't even want to know who or what lurks those waters, because once you do then only your screams will echo around your ship and no other ships can hear it.

Eh, I've never even gone beyond that so how should I know, I'm too busy doing deliveries and stuff and my crew feels the same, we ain't adventurers. Today we've just finished transporting a ton of oil reserves for the EUSF, that's Earth United Space Federation, for those who even thinks about looking into my logs, so anyways since we've received our pay for the delivery I plan on setting a course for the Utopian planet so me and the guys can get a little R&R since being cramped up in a cryo-pod can stiff up bones, and well being in one can make the years go by fast but since they've come up with a new way to travel faster through space, I'm gonna have to save up plenty if we're ever gonna buy that new drive. So hopefully when we've done a few more deliveries we can save up for that hyper-drive and be able to make deliveries faster than ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:35 am
Well it's been a few too many months since the crew and I got another delivery, I was also starting to lose hope, but, luckily we don't have to worry about that because we've just gotten a call for a major delivery and we're already fueling up for the long trip and with no one having any second thoughts about this run, well that means its a good sign for everyone including me. After we've refueled the ship we've set a course for the pickup point and for how much these guys are paying for their cargo to be delivered, that must be something really important and valuable, least we ain't pirates posing as a freight crew otherwise I'd be the most wanted man in the space, ha that would make a great story to write about. Man I think I'm having doubts now about going through with this delivery, I'm not saying no to the paycheck it's just that no one has ever been to this sector of space, it's been deserted since the 50th Spatial wars but the thought that humans might still exist in there is driving a lot of curiosity from both me and my crew.

It's been 4 days since we've warped through the gate since those still exist even though no planets there are inhabitable and boy does this solar system look dead and I'm not saying that even though their sun is cold beyond imagination, perhaps it's just some other species living in this sector living on what remains here, yeah though I really want to see an actual human for once, one that's from Earth or at least their solar system. I shouldn't even try to have so much hope in that actually happening. Hope I'm wrong though, I hope I'm wrong.

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:31 pm
I remember saying that I hope we'd be greeted by an actual human, although to my amazement, it was just a bio-human, I guess the thought that meeting a lifeform that wasn't born from genetic engineering is well too much of a reality and the only thing these test tubes have of their masters past is the history and cultures they were taught. Well anyways, we've got what we were sent for and we're already setting a course for the drop off point and even though I share my crew's disappointment in seeing "real" humans, we've got a job to do though we will charge extra since the load is more than what the ship can carry, I don't like it when cargo this heavy makes by baby girl creak. In other news they didn't think my ship would be safe so they've also got crate droids camping in the cargo bay of all things.

We've just gotta remember that the pay is worth more so the less we complain the better focused we are in getting our paycheck from those researchers, though Lenny did commented on that strange logo they had on their station, I think I've also seen it as well but I can't put my finger on it and I mean literally, and their security ain't the normal looking ones cuz of their uniforms but I like the style, so now I'm wondering what kind of private security company allows their employees to wear orange and white as a color scheme.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:17 pm
Strange things have started happening around here and I'm not just saying that even though the strangest person in our bunch is Tukla, well we give him a pass because his people act the same, but yeah things are starting to feel different as if there's something in here other than the cargo we're carrying and it does not feel right at all, it doesn't. The crew and I are still the same, though its something else that we can't really put our finger on and we're all clueless as hell even the computer system found nothing strange, but, we all feel like we're in the presence of something either scary or powerful, but we can't see him/her or it. Now on the other news I've already begun putting an order for that new drive for the ship and by the time we get paid, we're setting a course for the Galvani system to get that new drive installed and I'm going to be so happy to see my baby girl get some new bling and I can pay it in full and not worry about paying yearly dues.

On the other hand, I've been thinking of hiring a new crewmember for our ship and well we could use a few extra hands here since most of the time we get our hands full trying to juggle two jobs and Repo has been nagging at me since he's the only one working in the engine room and you need two guys working on that thing due to the fact that the coolant system is a little wonky and most of the time the engine under-heats, well technically the engine shuts down after two or three warps so there's a thought in buying a new engine as well, but the thing about engines these days is that they are way more expensive than a hyper-drive or a matter drive turbine, you'd be able to buy your own piece of land with that much money, so most people would retrofit an engine of their own but it's not as good as the new engines, so maybe after getting that new hyper-drive we should head out to go get a few more jobs with good pay and sooner or later we'll be able to get a new engine if the price doesn't change much.

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:43 pm
Alright it's been a couple of weeks now so we should be reaching our destination and we can't wait to get paid for hauling those clones' cargo and as much as I would love to use our space gate device to cut the flight shorter, it would be a big risk because SGD uses a lot of fuel so we're sticking with the long voyage. That strange feeling everyone have had is gone now, might've just gone into a strange nebula or something so there's nothing to worry now and everyone is going through their daily routine and today I'm off to garden to just chill and all and lay on the grass and listen to some tunes while Chef works on making that underground pit since today is a special occasion for our navigator and you know the first time my crew and I have tasted something cooked underground was when we first hired our Chef, Orig, he's from a planet that I can't even pronounce and ordinarily when it comes to cooking his people aren't that great, it's good but not great, but, somehow he's been studying Human cooking methods and when he insist on cooking something for well us hiring him and giving him a job, most of us were skeptical and you wouldn't believe how good the food smell as it was cooking and when we tasted the food, my mind was blown. Best cook we've hired, even though we give him some slack for jokes.

Here's to another week of space travel and another for a successful delivery so if anything else might've happened, like say if the cargo was somehow accidentally ejected into space, well, hope that doesn't happen in a million year, cuz it would be bad for reputation status.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:49 pm
Damn... Well it's been almost 2 weeks now and apparently our system was a little glitchy and slow so we had to shut it down and have it rebooted while at a dock so I guess this'll be my last log for a few weeks since, well since I had a bet with a close friend who said I should try making journals for him, yeah I'm just doing it for him since he really likes stories, boy I miss that kid and his parents. On the other hand I was lucky enough to buy us a new hyperdrive so that's underway as well and since we'll reach dock soon so yeah. Though strange things have started to happen again and it's not just the deja vu but I dunno maybe we're just seeing things so maybe once we've reached dock we should get off the ship for a couple of days before heading back out to get the drive.

Damn... Well it's been almost 2 weeks now and apparently our system was a little glitchy and slo... whoa, okay I think I should stop drinking before doing anything, I'm starting to repeat the same thing, I'll just stop for now and maybe record an entry tomorrow or something.

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:29 pm
They say that in space, no one can hear you scream for help, well only when your suit's mic is busted or if any communications you've got is destroyed by whoever or whatever broke it then only there, no one can truly hear your scream. Space is vast, it's bigger than our world and our galaxy, but there's a limit to it's reach and what lies beyond that, is absolute darkness, you can bring a light, but, you can never shine away the emptiness around you. You don't even want to know who or what lurks those waters, because once you do then only your screams will echo around your ship and no other ships can hear it.

Eh, I've never even gone beyond that so how should I know, I'm too busy doing deliveries and stuff and my crew feels the same, we ain't adventurers. Today we've just finished transporting a ton of oil reserves for the EUSF, that's Earth United Space Federation, for those who even thinks about looking into my logs, so anyways since we've received our pay for the delivery I plan on setting a course for the Utopian planet so me and the guys can get a little R&R since being cramped up in a cryo-pod can stiff up bones, and well being in one can make the years go by fast but since they've come up with a new way to travel faster through space, I'm gonna have to save up plenty if we're ever gonna buy that new drive. So hopefully when we've done a few more deliveries we can save up for that hyper-drive and be able to make deliveries faster than ever.

Whoa... I feel like I just step back in time... *logs out*

{ Test # 03-232, call sign Wick, attempts at creating an artificial worm hole have failed once again, the event wasn't actually triggered though upon creating the second link, the cargo ship known as Prisma Dawn is now stuck within a loop and the crew themselves have received the same fate. Termination of the ship is underway, the ethics committee has deemed it inhumane to leave the crew of Prisma Dawn in the loop, the device itself shall remain inactive and ready for decommission and locked up. Though the test may have resulted in failure, the high council wish to continue onward with Project Wick, construction of new parts have been made and we're all putting our heads to try and recreate Avery's tunnel machine.

This is Professor Palmer Granten, ending test log # 03-232. }

Writer's and Reader's Corner

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff