Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayer for a family

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:53 am
I received a request to pray for someone who died from a gunshot today and for her family. Would you please join me in praying for them?  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:22 am
I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep them in my prayers.  

Lindpen

Smitten Pumpkin

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:37 am
                oh no, will do, they must be going through such a rough time. sad

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:54 am
This "death" topic has been particularly hard for me recently because of recent relative's death due to air plane accident & cancers.
As well as the recent Bali Nine Duo where 2 Christians Australians were shot in Indonesia because they were former drug dealers.
I am an Indonesian living in Australia and I can feel the peer pressure around me. Australia retreated their ambassadors too...who knows what will happen next but I trust my life in the Lord.

So now, to this family that recently lost her, I'm praying for you. Death is painful and especially a surprise death like gunshot. I read my Bible reading today in 2 Cor 5:1-5 and received encouragement.
Our Heavenly Dwelling
5 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, 3 if indeed by putting it on[a] we may not be found naked. 4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Romans 14:8 ESV
For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's.

This isn't easy, but we walk by faith not sight and we believe that Bible and the promise of heavenly dwelling is true where

1 Thessalonians 4:14 ESV
For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

Revelation 21:4 ESV
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

Dear Lord, our comforter please be with this family in this time and console their soul. Let them receive You and grow into You even more. Let them see the beautiful plan You had in mind and trust You despite the temporary storm. Also forgive the shooter for they don't know what they are doing. In Jesus name, we pray. Amen  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:03 pm
Meili Kyumee Youichi
This "death" topic has been particularly hard for me recently because of recent relative's death due to air plane accident & cancers.
As well as the recent Bali Nine Duo where 2 Christians Australians were shot in Indonesia because they were former drug dealers.
I am an Indonesian living in Australia and I can feel the peer pressure around me. Australia retreated their ambassadors too...who knows what will happen next but I trust my life in the Lord.

So now, to this family that recently lost her, I'm praying for you. Death is painful and especially a surprise death like gunshot. I read my Bible reading today in 2 Cor 5:1-5 and received encouragement.
Our Heavenly Dwelling
5 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, 3 if indeed by putting it on[a] we may not be found naked. 4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's.

This isn't easy, but we walk by faith not sight and we believe that Bible and the promise of heavenly dwelling is true where

For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

Dear Lord, our comforter please be with this family in this time and console their soul. Let them receive You and grow into You even more. Let them see the beautiful plan You had in mind and trust You despite the temporary storm. Also forgive the shooter for they don't know what they are doing. In Jesus name, we pray. Amen

My prayers are with that family..

and Amen Meili, beautiful prayer.. and thank you for the comforting verses 3nodding
May God continue to protect you and comfort you and those affected by your loss as well. If you don't mind my asking, what type of peer pressure were you referring to?  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:38 pm
Meili Kyumee Youichi

Our Heavenly Dwelling

I'm sorry to hear about your relative's death. You and your family will be in my prayers. Stay strong for the Lord.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces