Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Would you play? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:19 am
Ten years ago, a black mist poured from the All-temple in capital city, Faestone. Spreading disease and death to all who breathed it in. Those who died from the mist rose again and struck at the living, capturing those they could.

Soon the undead began overwhelming the army, leaving the young Queen Victoria no choice, but to order the destruction of the temple and the city... By use of a Mana bomb. A beautiful yet powerful spell, that can only be preformed by the circle of Royal Wizards, with the sole only purpose is wide-spread destruction. (If you need a better definition.... a magical nuke.)

You were there, you breathed in the terrible mist and became ill, but somehow survived. As the years pased; you had to learn to live with constant pain and hellish nightmares. Though your body began to change, taking on characteristics uncommon of your race.

In recent days the pain and nightmares subsided, replaced by a voice in your dreams telling you to you to return home, return to Faestone...

The system would be Pathfinder level 10.

[ Character Sheets ]

• 1] http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html?_=1429653493#id=137186
  • 2] http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=196562
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]
  • 7]
  • 8]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

[ Setting Information/Background ]

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources:
Banned Resources:

ECL: 10
Gold: 62,000
Races: Standard; though, if you wish to create your own, or use a non standard race, you are limited to 12 racial points.
Ability Scores*: 2d6+6 six times, or 25 point buy, if you dislike your rolls.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max first, roll after
Alignments: Open, please don't make me regret this
Pantheon: Open: divine classes need one though, see House rule 1
Backgrounds: I only need you to answer one question, the rest of the background is yours. Where were you when the mist erupted from the All-temple? Were you a in the city, doing what, or were you a healer or warrior answering the call for aid?

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Religiously, people are taught that their ancestors watch over them, may bring them aid in time of trial(a child lost in the woods at nightfall, might hear a 'familiar' voice calling to them and leading them to safety. A warrior in need of healing finds it in a spirit, who hushes them to sleep. When they awake, they have find renewed strength and return to base.), and protect them form the forces of the void. That necromancy, the spells and practices that bind a soul or create undead to be precise, delay or halt their actions by binding them to a form. Gods hold a place, viewed as an ancestor or a entity that helped the ancestors. This means most domains are open, no matter your choice of divine. Save for Death, Repose, and the alignment domains; those you need a god of the said domain.
2] Every four levels roll on the effects table.
3]

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:25 pm
Interesting idea. I'm curious what home-rules would be in for this 'changing body' thing.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:38 pm
I have the strangest feeling that it's not a body-changing thing so much as it is a mutation into other races from humankind?  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:53 pm
Mutation then. Still curious about the effects fluff and crunch wise.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:28 pm
The black mist affects different persons differently, even identical twins fell to different effects. One instantly died with one breath, the second lived with an evolving torment(which made treatment and pain management almost impossible).

I don't have it yet, and it is getting late, but for the "change" I was going to have a chart you roll on with different effects. Ranging from a minor change in hair color(blond to glittery blond), the formation of a new limb, blindness, insanity, or bonus to a single stat.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:43 pm
I'm always up for a new campain, I've been working on a white haired witch build that doesn't suck.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:33 pm
Interesting. I may very well have a go at this then.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:54 am
a list of possible changes, all effect stack. Insanity increases the base DC by one. Darkvision increases 10 feet out.

1 Damage Reduction 5/magic

2 Bite

3 Blind

4 +2 Str

5 -1 penalty on all saving throws henceforth.

6 +2 Dex

7 +4 Racial points

8 +2 Con

9 Change hair color to uncommon color (Re-roll if gained a second time)

10 +2 Int

11 Change eye color to uncommon color (Roll two times, taking both, if gained two times. If rolled three times or more count as Insanity)

12 +2 Wis

13 +1 Natural Armor

14 New limb

15 +2 Cha

16 Slow (Can't take double movement actions in any given round. Second roll, half movement speed. Third becomes insanity)

17 Fast healing 1

18 Darkvision 30 ft, but also gain Light Sensitivy

19 Carrion Sense (The afflected can sniff out carrion. This functions like the scent ability, but only for corpses and badly wounded creatures (creatures with 25% or fewer hit points))

20 Insanity (every round the afflected rolls a will save DC 15. Failure means they suffer the effects of confusion for that round. For this effect, they are considered the caster.)

I will get the rest of character creation after work.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:30 pm
Well if this manages to get off the ground I'd be interdasted.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:29 pm
Looks like fun times ahead.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:00 am
Sorry, for the delay; I misplaced my laptop.

That should do it, if I forgot something speak up.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 12 6-sided dice: 6, 2, 2, 4, 2, 2, 6, 3, 2, 2, 4, 1 Total: 36 (12-72)
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:51 am
Looks good. Just gotta decide what I'm playing... thinking either a caster or a martial.

Gonna go ahead and roll stats while I decide.

... 25 point buy it is.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni rolled 12 6-sided dice: 5, 4, 5, 2, 2, 4, 4, 3, 6, 5, 5, 5 Total: 50 (12-72)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:27 am
lets see...

Mongooseh rolled 12 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 1, 6, 2, 1, 6, 4, 1, 5, 4, 5 Total: 39 (12-72)
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:31 am
Rolling might run an arcanist...

... and that roll is worse than 25 point buy. Point buy here I come.

Edit: Actually gonna break out something I tried once. The witch doctor archetype for witch.

Edit: Edit: Might do what I normally do and wait to see what everyone else makes.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:20 pm
I think I'm gonna run a Brawler (unless anyone has issues against those classes all together. Personally, I just hate the Arcanist.) Perhaps Shield Champion archetype.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff