Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
BEST. MONSTER. EVER.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:54 pm
LOOK AT THIS THING! IT'S GOT ******** STATS!

Dude, I'm gonna use this thing in my next campaign. I don't even know HOW, but it's happening.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:30 pm
Nice  

DarkSohisohi

Newbie Noob

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:46 pm
I KNOW, RIGHT?! An undead bear… WITH UNDEAD BULL SHARKS FOR ARMS!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:54 am
I see RAW issues,

Rend (Ex): If a gristlygnash hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a gristlygnash must hit with a claw attack.

No Claw attack...

Attack: Bite +11 melee (1d8+9)
Full Attack: 2 bites +10 melee (1d8+9), +5 slam (1d8+4), and bite +5 melee (2d6+4)

So, ether dm ruling; changes the sharks back to a claw, or change the wording claw words to bite, OR two of it's impressive traits become useless.

Besides, still not impressed a single cleric of level could turn/rebuke it or someone flinging a few potions of cure light wound at the beast would slay it simple enough.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:09 am
Southern Cross Nemesis
I see RAW issues,

Rend (Ex): If a gristlygnash hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a gristlygnash must hit with a claw attack.

No Claw attack...

Attack: Bite +11 melee (1d8+9)
Full Attack: 2 bites +10 melee (1d8+9), +5 slam (1d8+4), and bite +5 melee (2d6+4)

So, ether dm ruling; changes the sharks back to a claw, or change the wording claw words to bite, OR two of it's impressive traits become useless.

Besides, still not impressed a single cleric of level could turn/rebuke it or someone flinging a few potions of cure light wound at the beast would slay it simple enough.

Probably lifted directly off of a monster what has rend and improved grab; it's homebrew content so a lot of people probably know what he meant. As for the Cleric or Potion… WHO CARES, IT'S AN UNDEAD BEAR WITH UNDEAD BULLSHARKS FOR ARMS.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:59 pm
Just saying, the definition of best is one of personal belief. Though it does have aire of coolness about it and does warrant a spot in a game(maybe a repeating one). But, to me this monster isn't impressive enough to get the label BEST. MONSTER. EVER...

On a side note, it does give me an idea for a game.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:51 pm
The coolness is what makes it the best monster ever.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games