Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.
Female Masses

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:34 pm
Is it just me or is there only a fraction of guys on this site compared to girls?  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:00 pm
From what I've seen, RP tends to be heavier on female players as a general whole. I think it's because women in western countries are heavily pressed to socialize and take their time over seeking instant gratification, which is what men are largely pressed to do. I do, of course, encounter men in roleplay, but they tend to be men who are ostracized from the larger cult of masculinity for whatever reason.

I generally only notice the Very Bad male RPers, because very bad male RPers are notable to me as a woman in ways bad female RPers aren't.

But that's my two cents.  

PFDiva

luxwing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:56 pm
My take is that girls tend to be socialized to be creative and imaginative, to write well and often. Many males are not socialized that way, especially in western nations, creativity in males is thought to show weakness.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:08 pm
Personally I don't really pay attention all that much, to each their own really. I think creativity can be for anyone. I believe that I am a guy with much creativity, or at least a touch of crazy but mostly a gamer. Also I prefer things like creativity and plot twists when it comes to rps, those are the best... Basically, It just depends on the person and I wasn't sure if this question was just for females or not.  

HealingAssass1n

Devoted Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Informer 100

GalaxyCommander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:17 am
Being a male from Western Cultures, who has been in the environments that are heavily ostracizing towards what is considered weak activity, I will state that creativity is never ever viewed as a weakness but rather seen as a strength. It is society as a whole or those in power who like to push creativity into a corner and destroy it because it is creativity that promotes higher train of thought and in the end free thinking and those in power do not like that. Rping can be used to directly show how that has effect on society as a whole.

When I first started rping the population was more reflective of what you see when you look at populations of video gamers on mass played games such as Call of Duty. There where about eight males to every female. Now it has seen somewhat of a flip and there are about two to three females per male. As a whole however the rping population is significantly smaller. Now to frame that with the going on events in the world: The middle class is disappearing almost to a complete extinction. In most of the world the educational system is taking a dive and that tiny population with 98% of the world's money is getting smaller and the gap for money between them and everyone else, is getting larger. When that gets put into a thinking cap it's not hard to figure out what is going on. That tiny population of rich are privatizing their education similar to how it was back in feudal era Europe. While the generalized education is no longer about teaching people to think and how to learn for themselves. Instead the educational system bashes on how to pass a test and the rest of it doesn't matter.

What this does in terms of rping? Creativity is an inspiration provided by free thought on many terms. While not entirely due to free thought as there have always been those artistically bound, and or creative when approaching situations. Those who are creative in a society that has free thought their creations are significantly more noticeable then those who are in oppressive environments. The world as a whole is changing into a much more oppressive environment. One heavily effected area is the roleplaying community. This will be one of the few surviving free locations for a very long time. most likely up until internet becomes a freedom for the privileged alone. (depending on how bad things get on that one I have no idea just theory)  
Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games