Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Oh how I miss TekTek. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:12 am
I won't deny it, I really miss TekTek and I am awfully saddened over what happened. But I also understand why it all happened, but it´s still awfully sad.
I admit I really miss going into TekTek and use it to create dream avatars or just for the fun of it, like coming up with character designs and what not.
But this has also made me realize that I miss a page like TekTek where I can do such things, but I wonder if there'll ever be a new TekTek, or if the old one will ever be back again.

I have one alternative I normally go to, and tho cute it is and all of that hullabaloo, it´s just not TekTek. I mean TekTek was great for me and how I could plan out dream avis and outfits for me current avi, plus it was an easy and nice way for me to keep track of what items I wanted to quest for.

Currently I just use DreamSelfy but I would love to have our good old TekTek back.

What are your thoughts on this whole case?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:13 pm
I miss Tektek. I mainly used the dream creator as a way to search for items when I couldn't remember the names. It was so nice to search for poses by color and item type.

I haven't had time lately to create outfits for myself (or others) so I'm not feeling the effects of our Tektek-less world. In the past, I would've been going crazy without it. D;

Thanks for sharing that site! It's adorable. I like the style. I don't make characters but I know someone who does. I'm gonna pass it on. c:

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Elani109

Invisible Friend

15,325 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:46 pm
I miss it too!
My dream avi's that I made and some old avi's I made just for fun are all gone. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:15 pm
It´s really annoying, because TekTek made things so much easier for me. I could spend hours just making avatars and browsing for items I would write down on my wishlist. I hope they settle this little dispute so we can get TekTek back, but I haven´t heard any updates on the case at all.  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:19 pm
Madeleine Heilburg
It´s really annoying, because TekTek made things so much easier for me. I could spend hours just making avatars and browsing for items I would write down on my wishlist. I hope they settle this little dispute so we can get TekTek back, but I haven´t heard any updates on the case at all.

I totally empathize. I used to spend hours on Tektek doing that same thing. The current Dress Up sreach just doesn't compare to Tektek.
As far as wishlist items go, maybe that's a good thing? *laughs* At least you don't know what you're missing. .... u ____u;;

As far as I understand, it's been settled. Tekton responded to Gaia's letter by shutting down Tektek.org permanently.
In response, Gaia has pledged to provide us with an in-site dream avatar tool... I swear that I saw them post it somewhere else too, but here's a post that says it: Gaia Survey Results
Aha! I found a post with the info:
"TekTek Update
Currently we still have not made any resolution to the TekTek website going down. As it is, we are planning to create an avatar worth calculator and a Dream Avatar Dress up system, multiple poses and a direct link to the marketplace to wishlist with. These are hesitantly scheduled for release in early May. We have re-opened the SCAS guild to test this feature along with a number of other released that are planned for late spring and early summer."
[source]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:23 pm
I've tried joining Dream Selfy but it says I'm banned :c I've never used this page before.

MintyPeachWitch

Ms Jezebel Spirit

Feral Bibliophile

13,750 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:42 pm
I just found out today that it was gone. I knew there were some legal issues pending, but was hoping that they would be resolved. I am going to miss it alot. My friends and I would spend so much time on there perfecting our dream avvies.
emotion_8c  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:26 am
Ms Jezebel Spirit
I just found out today that it was gone. I knew there were some legal issues pending, but was hoping that they would be resolved. I am going to miss it alot. My friends and I would spend so much time on there perfecting our dream avvies.
emotion_8c

Same here! I spent so much time making dream avatars and dressing my OCs up, so when I found out about it being actually shut down, I was so sad. I mean it feels like TekTek has been around since forever. I know it haven´t but it just feels like it has. I hope Gaia knows how to carry the TekTek torch and make something equally as good. Atleast I managed to create my dream avatars and wishlist before TekTek closed down, so I have them on my quest page to remember myself what it is that I am on the hunt for.  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:13 pm
... And it's times like this when I miss Tektek. D;
I bought an item about a month ago and have since organized it into my inventory. Great system, except that I literally can't think of what the icon looks like. I also can't remember any bit of its name.
I just know that it has a pair of ripped stockings in it.

And no word I can think of will find the item in the search bar... not stockings, leggings, socks, ripped, punk....

I also can't remember any of the other poses. XD I totally bought it for the socks. u .u;

This is when Tektek would have saved me.
Just pop in your inventory. Look at socks. Poof, right there.

Plus it would help prove to myself that I'm not crazy. I swear I wore the item already. :/ But I'm beginning to wonder if I ever even bought it... whatever it was... > <

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:53 pm
o: Someone's taking on the task!

So far the site has quest bars to keep track of quests, but they plan to add more features in the future.
The link below is just a Gaia thread with info. As suggested in the first post, be sure to have an ad-blocker on if/when you check out the actual site.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/questbars-go-gaia/t.96791765/

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Oshen Bleu

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:52 am
I spent lots of time finding items on tek tek and dressing my avi's. I am so unhappy about it being gone. I could care less how much my inventory is worth or the inventory arranger i want tek tek back.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:36 am
sdrawkcab
o: Someone's taking on the task!

So far the site has quest bars to keep track of quests, but they plan to add more features in the future.
The link below is just a Gaia thread with info. As suggested in the first post, be sure to have an ad-blocker on if/when you check out the actual site.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/questbars-go-gaia/t.96791765/

That is really not half bad!
I like the idea of quests bars so you can follow your own progress and I do hope it sort of becomes the new TekTek. Of course it can never really be it, but one can always hope. I admit I really like the general design of the page. Easy to navigate and easy to understand biggrin
Thanks for the link!  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

mucholotte

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:05 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:41 pm
☙ ☙☙ ❦❧ ☾♝☽ ❦❧ ☙☙ ☙
I know what you mean. Especially their inventory appraiser.
I still kind of don't understand how the Avatar Builder works so I want tektek back.

Odyle

Sir Fatcat

21,665 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

The Generous Charity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:59 am
dramallama  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items