Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Eeylops Owl Emporium ~ New Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:40 am
User ImageUser Image
xx➺ Ɯнєяє Aм I? Eeylops
xxx➺ Ɯнσ ιѕ Ɯιтн Mє? Juniper and Josh
xxxx➺ Ɯнαт'ѕ Ɠσιηg Oη? Owl Adoptions
xxxxx➺ Ɯнαт'ѕ ιη Mу Hєαɗ? Thank merlin I remembered to protect my wrists

Milo grinned softly when the young boy asked about getting an owl. Of course, they were there to adopt, which warmed Milo's heart. He always loved when people adopted owls, as they were such wonderful companions. "But of course! We can work to find the best owl for you. After all, you want one that'll get along with you." He looked over at the girl, who very nicely introduced them both as Juniper and Josh, then said their mum was around the shop. He looked around, indeed seeing a woman who looked like them. "A pleasure to meet you both, Juniper and Josh. This-" he paused a second to whistle as an owl flew over. He lifted one of his arms up for his owl. He adjusted as she flew, helping the blind owl land with ease. "-is Astraea. She's blind in both eyes, but a darling altogether. My other owl's napping in the office." He pet the owl lovingly, watching the kids. Juniper mentioned they needed to get a move on before their mum adopted all the owls. "Indeed a good idea. What kind of owl are you looking for, do you think?" The man looked over at the door when the bell chimed, hoping Alana would catch the other kids that wandered in.

Kungfudemoness

Trickblues

I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛᴀʏ ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ sᴍɪʟᴇ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ꜰᴀʀ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ
I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs sᴡᴇᴇᴛ sᴜʀʀᴇɴᴅᴇʀ. I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛᴀʏ ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ. Oᴏʜ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ sᴘᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ɪs ᴀ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴀsʟᴇᴇᴘ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴅ ᴍɪss ʏᴏᴜ, ʙᴀʙᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍɪss ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴡᴇᴇᴛᴇsᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅᴏ, I'ᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍɪss ʏᴏᴜ, ʙᴀʙᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍɪss ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ
Lʏɪɴɢ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪꜰ ɪᴛ's ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴇᴇɪɴɢ
Tʜᴇɴ I ᴋɪss ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ Gᴏᴅ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ. Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:59 pm
User Image

trickblues

Miss GryffindorK

Just like fire, burning up the way
                          If I could light the world up for just one day
                          Watch this madness, colorful charade
                          No one can be just like me any way

Josh was relived when he said the owls were bunny safe. That alleviated one worry. He was suprised but pleasantly so when Milo called an owl to him. He wanted to learn that! Poor bird was blind! As much as he loved the poor bird he was ill equipped to care for a bird with a disability. Besides the bird probably not up for adoption by a eleven year old. "Well, we have a farm with sheeps and a horse and chickens so it'll have to be nice to them. Perhaps one that ride on my pet sheep? I'm too big to ride him now and he likes carrying things." Josh replied thoughtfully. Hopefully it wasn't too much to ask but he would have this bird for a while so compatibility was important.

Just like magic, I'll be flying free
                                                              I'm 'a disappear when they come for me
                                                              I kick that ceiling. What you gonna say?
                                                              No one can be just like me any way

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:50 pm
User Image
Lavinia Elena Gismondi
Unsorted First Year
Halfblood Young Backpacker

Lavinia didn’t know if she’d ever find the right owl. Though she did like the Barred Owl it didn’t have that creepy appeal she was looking for. Staring at the owls she was surprised to have another girl seemingly her age asking if she needed help. She certainly didn’t work there but any help was helpful right? Lavinia certainly thought so.

“Hello, my name’s Lavinia. Vin for short.” Lavinia greeted her back. “I’m trying to find an owl that has a creepy disposition. The kind of owl that would scare someone if they didn’t know it.” She shared with the girl. She didn’t think it important to share the fact that she was only searching for it to freak her mother out. Then again who didn’t want the miss understood owl that looked scary but deep down had a good soul. “I like the Barred Owl but I’m not sure…”

Company : My Mother... and others... Kerry

OOC : - - -

Summer II

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:03 pm
User Image
    ╔════════════════╗
    ᏟᎬᏒᎥᎠᎳᎬᏁ ᎽᎪᏒᎳᎾᎾᎠ
    fᎥᏒsт ᎽᎬᎪᏒ sтuᎠᎬᏁт
    ╚════════════════╝

Where am I? Eeylops Owl Emporium
Who's there? Lots of people
How am I? Excited
Who's special? Single

Kerry tipped her head slightly when the girl spoke, listening intently to what she had to say. After all, first impressions were important. Lavinia, that was a pretty name. Then she said that she was looking for a creepy owl, which absolutely made sense to Ceridwen. The blonde looked at the owls in the cages again, this time looking for the creepiest of owls. If that was what Lavinia wanted, then Kerry would help her. Kerry's choice of owl was odd, like her. So maybe Vin was creepy? She didn't seem creepy. Sweet, maybe. Nice, definitely. She mentioned the barred owl as creepy, so Kerry darted her eyes over to the animal. "The barred owl does have a creepy look to it. The eagle owl with the big eyebrows is also pretty creepy looking." Kerry threw a sidelong glance at her companion, then shrugged her shoulders a little.

Oº°‘¨ “It’s no use going back to yesterday,
because I was a different person then.”
¨‘°ºO
~Alice, Alice In Wonderland

┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OoC: Out of Character
┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛

murruelecreuset

Summer II

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:42 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

first year || Unsorted || pureblood

And of course, a familiar! Sparrow had been exceedingly disappointed that she couldn’t just take their house owl --or her grandfather’s augurey-- to Hogwarts, but after much discussion, Sparrow had been given permission to find her own pet.

Of course, Sparrow was exceedingly disappointed that their Great-Aunt didn’t have any rescue owls trained this year. Another year, maybe, but Sparrow was impatient. She lamented about the whole thing to her brother for a full half hour as they shopped, but the moment they walked by Eeylops Owl Emporium, her complaints were forgotten, replaced with excitement and awe at getting her own feathery best friend. ”Wren, look they’re all so fluffy!!”

A surly Wren followed Sparrow to the door. He glanced through the window at the busy shop and promptly regretted coming with her. ”Alright, go on then, and try not to traumatize anyone this time. Come find me when you’ve made a decision,” he told her snarkily, and headed for the food and perches.

Sparrow happily wandered through the owls, humming along and beaming at each creature. Occasionally she stopped, mimicking the sounds they made back at them or watching how other people discussed the birds.

But finally, Sparrow had to admit she knew absolutely nothing about owls other than they were adorable feathery birds that could carry mail. Maybe she should just spin around and randomly pick one. She started--and promptly bumped into someone. ”Oh--Hello! Sorry about that! I’m getting my own owl today! But um...I’m not really sure how to go about choosing one. There are so many sizes! And colors! And sounds! Hoo!”

setting Eeylops Owl Emporium, Summer 2048 || with someone who hopefully knows more about owls.
hair color brighit pink! || wearing white and gray short dress and pink flats
status employing the Sparrow random selection process

Idk if Milo would name all the owls beforehand. If he does, that’s fine too, Sparrow will just think of all the middle names to fit.

Boreal Owl --female, 4 years. [pic]
Boreal owl aka Tengmalm’s owl aka Richardson’s owl. Aegolius funereus
22–27 cm (8.7–10.6 in) long, wingspan of 50–62 cm (20–24 in) (small, screech owl)
Brown above with white flecks on the shoulder. Belly is reddish. Yellow eyes and beak. Usually nocturnal. Eats mainly voles and small mammals, but also birds, insects and other invertebrates.
As a species, boreal owls are solitary and unsociable.

Sparrow will, after much deliberation (some help may be needed) name her Hecate Eponine Saffron Terra Ivanka Ariel, or Hestia for convenience. Hestia is a shy, and very grumpy owl to start, but will always reply with a soft 8-beat hoohoohoo when whistled at. She is a reliable mail-carrier but while usually low-maintenance, will only accept letters after being fed. Hestia does not cuddle, does not like her space invaded by humans or other birds, but (if familiar with them) will just glare silently at intruders. She does though, patiently sit on a perch, listen, and occasionally hoot back (or just go to sleep).

Miss GryffindorK

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
See the line where the sky meets the sea
It calls me
And no one knows, how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know
If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go
♡♥
~"How Far I'll Go," by Auli'i Cravalho from Moana, cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:50 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Milo's Owl Shop
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Hywel and... this girl
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Helping Dad
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? How do I always get stuck?

Quinn had spent the morning at Wyatt's shop, but when it started getting too busy, he got overwhelmed and scurried over to Milo's shop. Usually the loudest thing here were just birds. It was a little less busy, but unfortunately, it was still fairly busy. Just as he was about to find Milo and tell him he was going to help Dris (since his shop was a lot quieter, plus his brother would put on soothing music for him), the boy noticed his father was doing his best to help everyone. Typical Milo. Q sighed, knowing he was going to have to wait here, at least for a while, before getting to talk to Milo.

He decided for now he'd grab Hywel off the little perch in Milo's office, then he'd try to hide among the aisles. While he was investigating the cage with little owlets, someone bumped into him, eliciting a small yelp. He looked over at the pink-haired girl, blinking as she launched into talking about owls. Q looked pleadingly over toward Milo, but the man was still quite busy. Okay. He could do this. Easy peasy, right? He'd helped Milo before and he'd read all the books in the shop.

"Um... yes. I can... try to help. M-my dad owns here... T-this shop, he owns this shop." So far, he was not doing great. "What kind are you looking for? Like... small, big? Easier to care for or a trickier type? Um... stuff like that." He shuffled nervously, using a hand to rub at his still-sore jaw. He was still peeved at his parents for making him go to the dentist -twice- and get braces all on his teeth, especially since it really hurt his mouth. Hy fluffed up and purred loudly, the odd owl making his favorite noise. Maybe that'd make Q seem more like he knew what he was doing.

addaellis

I ʀᴀɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, ʀᴀɴ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏɪsᴇ, ʀᴀɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴡᴀʏ
          Iᴛ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴀsʏ ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴜᴘ ɪɴ Wᴏʀʟᴅ Wᴀʀ III, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ, ᴡᴇʟʟ I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴅɪᴅ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ. Cᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ, ᴄᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ʙᴇ ᴀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ?
          I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴍᴏᴍᴍʏ I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ! I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ
          Iɴ ᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴘᴏʀᴛʀᴀɪᴛ, ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ. Lᴇᴛ's ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅ, ʟᴇᴛ's ᴀᴄᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟʟʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:59 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

His father owned the place? What luck! Of all the people she happened to run into, she happened to find the shopkeeper’s son! Sparrow beamed at the nervous boy she had fortuitously smacked into. He asked all these questions she hadn’t even thought to consider, and by the owl’s purr of agreement, she was in good hands. ”Very nice to meet you then, Mr. Eeylops!” she chirped. ”And very nice to meet you, Mr. Owl! I love your small little feathers! You groomed them well, didn’t you!”

Sparrow didn’t really know about the questions posed, but she could improvise! ”UHmmm, well, I’m looking for an owl that can carry mail! Let’s do...small because I’m small! Can small owls still carry big packages? And whatever is fine because I don’t know what I’m doing yet but I can sure learn! The harder to care for, the better the reward will be when I succeed, right?”

Sparrow looked around excitedly, admiring all the birds before turning to the boy. He seemed around her age actually! ”Pardon my asking, but do you go to Hogwarts? Do we really have to do math for magic? Wren said there was so much math so Mummy has me doing math right now because I don’t have that usually, and I’m sure I’ll be fine, but more math means less time to do things like read or play with my own adorable little floof, you know?” Granted, she was pretty sure her brother was exaggerating to freak her out, but Sparrow was too busy cooing at Mr. Adorable Owl again to bring that up. ”Rrrr,” she replied, doing her best impression of an owl’s purr. ”Rwrr.”

setting Eeylops Owl Emporium, Summer 2048 || with Young Mr. Eeylops
status Owls and what if there's math

Miss GryffindorK

It calls me
One day I'll know
♡♥

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:33 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Milo's Owl Shop
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Hywel and... this girl
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Helping Dad
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Math!

Quinn blinked when the girl grew a giant crazy smile. She greeted him.... sorta, then said her hellos to Hy. Oh boy, this was gonna be stressful. "A-Abrams. That's our last name. It's not Eeylops. Quinn is my name. And this is Hywel. Sometimes he's just Hy." Q did his best to explain, remembering he was supposed to be polite so Milo wouldn't lose sales... or whatever. Luckily the topic changed quickly to that of which owl she wanted.

Quinn listened to each and every word, wondering how many words she'd said thus far. Maybe he'd get a counter? Oooh.... but that might be considered rude.... hm. "All the owls can carry mail. My dad raises them and my sister trains them all. They're very good at their jobs. But small owls is a start. Hy's a teeny owl." He watched the girl curiously as she spun around, then she asked about school and maths. That was a topic he liked.

"I am going to Hogwarts, but I can't tell you how much maths there is. My brother said it's just in a couple classes, but I really hope it's in a lot. I like maths because it's one of the only things that's consistent. You can't just change the rules for maths! Plus maybe it'll be like my primary and they'll put me in a gifted maths lesson with less people 'cause most are in regular maths class, y'know? So less people 'cause most can't keep up. But I can. I practice maths a lot, even help my dad, Milo, with his accounting here so the numbers are all right. They're good. And don't worry, there'll be plenty of time for other stuff since we've gotta live at school. We'll always be there, so lots of time. I did the maths on it! For each semester we'll be in class for about 600 hours, right? and then there's the total number of hours there, 2,520. Minus sleep, say 8 hours a night.... puts us at having 1,656 free hours throughout the year." He grinned, breathing slightly heavily for the wild amount of talking he'd done. Normally he never really rambled, but he just loved maths.

Hywel purred softly, cooing at the girl making noise at him. He fluffed out his feathers, preening happily since she'd complimented him. Q reached a hand up to lovingly pet the owl, earning louder purrs and a nuzzle.

addaellis

I ʀᴀɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, ʀᴀɴ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏɪsᴇ, ʀᴀɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴡᴀʏ
          Iᴛ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴀsʏ ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴜᴘ ɪɴ Wᴏʀʟᴅ Wᴀʀ III, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ, ᴡᴇʟʟ I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴅɪᴅ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ. Cᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ, ᴄᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ʙᴇ ᴀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ?
          I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴍᴏᴍᴍʏ I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ! I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ
          Iɴ ᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴘᴏʀᴛʀᴀɪᴛ, ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ. Lᴇᴛ's ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅ, ʟᴇᴛ's ᴀᴄᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟʟʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:29 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

”Oh!” Sparrow corrected herself when informed that the Eeylops did not own Eeylops. ”Well then hello and nice to meet you, Quinn Abrams and Hywel! I’m Winchester, and my name is Sparrow the Second, Sparrow II, whatever makes sense for you. And one of these owls will be named...” She paused and fished a scrap of paper from her pink purse. ”I don’t know yet, actually, but I have a list!”

Sparrow nodded excitedly when Quinn explained all the owls could deliver mail. Lovely! That didn’t exactly narrow down the choices, but it was good to know. She brought up her concerns about math in magic and was fascinated when Quinn spoke up about it. Quinn must be a first year too!” she realized. And he must like math!

She listened carefully, distracted from owl shopping and absorbing what she could to put together an understanding of life that was entirely Tuesday math hour might be like. When he was done with the mental math, she was practically glowing with amazement. After all, she only really got math once a week at school and then another time because he mum wanted her to. ”What kind of classes do you think would need math? You went to a school specially for math? Did you get math with everything you did? What was your school like?” When Quinn paused, she had more questions: ”One thousand, six hundred, fifty six hours! That’s...a lot! We could do tons of things! What's that in minutes?”

setting Eeylops Owl Emporium, Summer 2048 || with Young Quinn Abrams. And Hywel.
status 1656 hours!

Miss GryffindorK

It calls me
One day I'll know
♡♥

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:58 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Eeylops Owl Emporium
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Dads, Owls
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Hiding from the crowd
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It's so crazy out there!
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Curious

Simon was quite excited. It was summertime, but more importantly, it was shop-for-school time! As soon as they'd all finished getting ready, Simon tugged on his dads to try and get them to move. Of course, it was less dramatic when they apparated, but it was quite a bit faster. "Alright Si, we're in Diagon. Where are we meeting Eitan?" Gid set a hand on his son's shoulder, the other hand moving to hold Rhys' hand.

Si looked around, frowning at the busy shops. He'd hoped that by going later in the day everyone would already be gone, but it seemed he was wrong. He finally located the one where they'd agreed to meet. "There! The owl shop. It looks calm too!" A warm hand ruffled his hair, which turned an electric green beneath his favorite hat. Once he realized it was just his dad, the youngest of the family calmed down.

With a deep inhale, Simon led the way carefully through the crowd to the owl shop, which he noted was called Eeylops. (what an odd name for a store...) Once inside, he was relieved to see it was indeed mostly empty. There were, however, lots of cute owls, including one that was nestled in the bedding, rather than on a perch. The boy watched the owl, colors changing to reflect his curiosity.

Diamond Wales

I'ʟʟ ᴅɪssᴏʟᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴘᴏᴜʀs ɪɴ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ,
          I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
          Dɪᴢᴢʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ ʟɪʟʏ ᴘɪɴᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴅs ᴛᴏᴏ ꜰʟᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙʟɪɴᴋ,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴄʏ ʙʟᴜᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴘᴀʀᴋʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ.
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙɪᴇs, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴀᴍᴘᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 pm
User Image
                                                  Run away-ay with me
                                                  Lost souls in revelry
                                                  Running wild and running free
                                                  Two kids, you and me

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Hᴀʟꜰ-Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ

════════════════════════

Eitan looked around Diagon as soon as he apparated there with his Uncle Dare and Robert. Robert muttered something about meeting up later in the Leaky Cauldron, which Uncle Dare grunted at, before moving off into the crowd. His uncle then looked at Eitan with a raised eyebrow, clearly looking as though he were amused by the younger boy's energy. Which, yeah, he had just gotten up not that long ago, so it wasn't that surprising that he wanted to do things. "So squirt, where do you wanna go?"

Eitan frowned. He wasn't sure where they were supposed to meet Simon and his dads, but Eitan figured that he could at least go see the owls. Aranhod had passed away finally from old age, so Eitan was eager to get an owl for himself (and maybe play some puppy eyes to get Uncle Dare to get Dad an owl too). "Over there!"

He pointed out the owl shop, and Darius heaved a sigh. "I could've sworn that me and your father wanted to get our wands before anything else..." Nevertheless, Dare led the boy to the shop, where Eitan immediately spotted Simon and grinned and waved. Darius favepalmed and hissed something about not showing off his fangs, but Eitan ignored him. After all, Simon was there!

"Oh, hey Simon, Mr Blake and Mr Reid! Looking at owls? Which one are you looking at?" He noticed one seemed to be burrowing itself in its bedding, but Eitan didn't let his gaze settle on that for long. Instead he spotted one that looked like it was very young and wiggled a finger at it, all the while watching Simon.

════════════════════════

Location: Eeyelops Owl Emporium
                                                  Thinking: Wow, there's a lot of owls here!
                                                  OOC: After a pending plot request

-◎-

Long live the pioneers
                                                  Rebels and mutineers
                                                  Go forth and have no fear
                                                  Come close and lend an ear

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Eeylops Owl Emporium
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Dads, Mr Ross, Eitan
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? We found each other early!
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I like this little owl!
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Curious

Simon watched the small bird for a minute, stopping only when his shoulder was tapped. Looking up at his dad, his gaze was directed toward the duo that walked in the door. It was Eitan! The colorful boy sent a wave to his friend, listening as he greeted himself. "Hey Eitan! I was looking at this little guy. He's all snug in the bottom, not on the perches." He signed, moving a bit slower and more carefully than he would with his family members. Then again, some were still learning, but it was cool how many people he could help teach.

"Hey, Eitan, nice to see you! Hey, Darius. Excited for school to start?" Gid looked over at Darius, who seemed... exasperated, perhaps. Then again, pre-teen boys seemed to have boundless energy, so that honestly made sense. "Do you want an owl for your pet? I'd like one to send letters home." Simon grinned, eyes swirling into a deep purple and a vibrant blue. He grinned over at his friend, thinking it neat if they both wanted the same pet.

Diamond Wales

I'ʟʟ ᴅɪssᴏʟᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴘᴏᴜʀs ɪɴ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ,
          I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
          Dɪᴢᴢʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ ʟɪʟʏ ᴘɪɴᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴅs ᴛᴏᴏ ꜰʟᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙʟɪɴᴋ,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴄʏ ʙʟᴜᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴘᴀʀᴋʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ.
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙɪᴇs, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴀᴍᴘᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:51 pm
User Image
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
FUTURE FIRST-YEAR UNSORTED
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image
                                                Wyn excitedly stepped into the store and heard the chime as the door swung shut behind her father. This was one of the most exciting stops for both of them. It was Wyn's first pet, and Adan was eager to see what she would end up choosing. He hadn't had an owl since his own had passed, but since his daughter was heading to school he wanted to make sure they had a way to communicate. Wyn herself wasn't about to rely on the owls at the school, though she was sure they were adequate enough.

There were so many different kinds, sitting in cages hung both inside and outside the store, and Wyn didn't know where to begin. She wanted an owl that would make a decent companion, so it needed to be somewhat mild-mannered, but also energetic enough to carry her letters to her father. She suspected there would be many. But she didn't know anything about owls. Noticing the man tending to the creatures, she decided to rely on the expertise of the shopkeep. Adan followed her as she approached him looking like she was ready to do business. He laughed under his breath at his daughter, wondering where she'd gotten her sense of determination.

"Hello sir," Wyn said. "I'm looking for an owl for school. I'd like a good mail-carrier, but also one I can bond with; a good friend. Do you know of an owl like that?" She looked at her shoes for a second. Excited as she was, she was as nervous to pick an owl as she would be to get her wand when the time came. It had to be a good match. It had to choose her, too.

OOC:
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx➺ Ɯнєяє Aм I? Eeylops Owl Emporium
xxx➺ Ɯнσ ιѕ Ɯιтн Mє? Owls, Customers
xxxx➺ Ɯнαт'ѕ Ɠσιηg Oη? Picking a Companion
xxxxx➺ Ɯнαт'ѕ ιη Mу Hєαɗ? This is always my favorite part!

Milo was excitedly preparing the shop for the upcoming busy season. He loved summertime, when kids would be out in droves, just to look around and pick out a new feathery friend. He and Laili had been working with the owls as well, making sure they had a nice stock of owls that were well trained and ready to handle mail, as well as be socialized around both other owls and humans alike. Since they'd spend a chunk of time at the owlery at Hogwarts, they had to be good around other owls.

While Milo was adjusting a little nest of owlets, the door chimed. A moment later, a young girl - around Hogwarts age - walked up, looking determined to speak with him. Offering a smile, Milo listened as she asked for an owl that could carry mail, but was also friendly. "Well, you've come to the right place. The owls are raised and trained by myself and my daughter, Laili. But, for purposes of looking, each cage has a tag to tell you about their personality. Most of them are quite friendly, so it comes down to what you prefer. I can gladly help you look around, though." He offered another smile, excited to help someone find an owl on what had been a very lazy sort of day.

{{OoC: You may want to send a pic of the owl she'll end up choosing, or a description so Milo can help pick the right owl. Or she can pick and he'll just be there for encouragement lol}}
ChrysalismAndPetrichor

I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛᴀʏ ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ sᴍɪʟᴇ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ꜰᴀʀ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ
I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs sᴡᴇᴇᴛ sᴜʀʀᴇɴᴅᴇʀ. I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛᴀʏ ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ. Oᴏʜ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ sᴘᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ɪs ᴀ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴀsʟᴇᴇᴘ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴅ ᴍɪss ʏᴏᴜ, ʙᴀʙᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍɪss ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴡᴇᴇᴛᴇsᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅᴏ, I'ᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍɪss ʏᴏᴜ, ʙᴀʙᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍɪss ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ
Lʏɪɴɢ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪꜰ ɪᴛ's ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴇᴇɪɴɢ
Tʜᴇɴ I ᴋɪss ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ Gᴏᴅ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ. Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:31 pm
User Image
FUTURE FIRST-YEAR UNSORTED

User Image
                                                Wyn listened intently as the man explained that he and his daughter trained the owls. She nodded about the description tags. So, she thought, it's all up to me then. Hopefully, when she found the right owl, she would just know.

"Thanks," she said to the gentleman as she turned toward the rows of cages. There were just so many of them! She began pacing up and down, reading and re-reading each description tag and eyeing each owl. Not many of them paid her much notice. They were all beautiful, and Wyn was sure she'd have to ask her father for advice when she spotted one particular owl from across the store. He stared at her mischievously with one amber eye. As if sharing some unspoken secret, Wyn turned her head to return the side-eyed glance. She raised her eyebrows, and the owl hooted softly. Wyn giggled, and crossed the room to get a better look. The tag underneath the owl's cage read "Spectacled Owl." "Could you tell me a little about this one?" She asked the man she'd presumed to be the store owner, not taking her eyes off the owl. With his little "glasses" and what almost looked like a golden apron tied round his front, he reminded her of Heston Blumenthal, one of the many chefs whose shows she had recorded on her laptop back at home.

OOC: Heston the Spectacled Owl
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out