Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Eeylops Owl Emporium ~ New Summer Sales! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:15 pm
User Image

Welcome to Eeylops Owl Emporium! We have a ton of different owls, each with their own unique personality. There are a few cages outside, but at shop close, they are returned inside. Anyone seeking help finding their perfect pet, the shopkeep, Milo, is always willing to help. He knows the birds quite well, and can match a person to an owl!

User Image

E ᴍ ᴘ ʟ ᴏ ʏ ᴇ ᴇ s xxx O f xxx E e y l o p s

Milo Abrams - Owner

Laili Abrams - Owl Trainer & Shop Assistant

Alana Rivero - Store Manager

Felix Geary - Shop Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:33 pm
The Owls
Barn Owl
Barred Owl
Burrowing Owl
Eagle Owl
Elf Owl
Great Gray Owl
Great Horned Owl
Long-Eared Owl
Northern Hawk Owl
Saw-Whet Owl
Short-Eared Owl
Snowy Owl
Spectacled Owl
Spotted Owl
Western Screech Owl

*All Owls range between 10-20 Galleons, depending on age, health, stature, and the age/ability of the one purchasing them*

The Essentials

Owl Treats - Small - 2 Galleons
Owl Treats - Large - 2 Galleons
Owl Food - Small - 1 Galleon, 5 Sickles
Owl Food - Large - 1 Galleon, 5 Sickles
Live Mice - 10 Sickles per Mouse
Perch - Basic Single - 3 Galleons
Perch - Basic Multi - 5 Galleons
Perch - Fancy Single - 5 Galleons
Perch - Fancy Multi - 8 Galleons
Small Cage - 3 Galleons
Large Cage - 5 Galleons
Toys - 10 Sickles - 1 Galleon

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:37 pm
Seeking Friendly Faces to Work at Eeylops!

If you would like an interview, plese, don't hesitate to fill out an application! Milo needs the help, and he'd love to give anyone a chance! Just make sure you hand it to him, or it might get lost in the clutter of the small shop!

[b]Hello, my name is[/b] (Link your profile: [url=my profile]Character first and last name[/url])

[b]I would like to work at[/b] (what shop do you want to work at?)

[b]The things I love about this shop are[/b] (At least five things your character likes about the shop you're signing up for.)

[b]The things I despise about this shop are[/b] (At least five things your character hates about the shop you're signing up for.)

[b]Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you![/b] (Put anything here about the shop or what you do/say/etc. in the shop specifically that was not covered above. If there is nothing, then please remove this option)

[spoiler][quote="Miss GryffindorK"][/quote][/spoiler]

{And don't forget to post the application here, for review and acceptance or denial! Thanks!}

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:16 pm
User Image
XXFormer Gryffindor Sister and Matriatch St. Mungo's Welcome Witch

Emilia came into the shop a smile on her face. She remembered the first time she'd stepped into this shop, more than a decade prior. She was not ready to be this old, though at the same time she somehow didn't mind. Growing older did have its benefits, she just had to recognize them throughout all the not so fun stuff. Now she got to do the purchasing. She'd somehow let Alice go to school without a proper pet, or any pet. She'd gotten Ice the week after she'd gotten her letter to Hogwarts and somehow she'd let that particular detail get brushed under the rug, it was now time to change that. A little girl needed a proper owl. As she entered the store she spotted a man, presumably the owner, he looked somehow familiar but she couldn't place it. Chance were that he had attended Hogwarts with her but she could hardly be expected to remember each student she'd attended school with, even if the wizarding community wasn't all that big. Whoever he was she just hoped that he would help her choose a proper owl for her sister because she didn't have the slightest idea of what she was getting for little Alice.

User Image

x  

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:59 pm
User Image User Image
𝓓𝓪𝓭𝓭𝔂 𝓸𝒇 𝓞𝓷𝒆 ℳ𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓷 ℳ𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝒆𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓦𝔂𝓪𝓽𝓽 𝓐𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓶𝓼 𝒪𝓌𝓃𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝐸𝑒𝓎𝓁𝑜𝓅𝓈

When the sun goes down and the lights burn out, then it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star! So shine no matter where you are!
Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light, 'cause it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star! So shine no matter where you are tonight!

Milo had been sweeping about the shop, humming to himself, when the bells above his door chimed. Oh boy! A customer! He hadn't been open long, so the thrill of people entering his shop was still exciting. "Hello! Welcome to Eeylops Owl Emporium! I'm Milo, the new owner! How can I help?!" He put his broom away, then walked over to the woman, a radiant smile on his face. He didn't want to confess, but he'd been rather bored by his lonesome. Even Dris had gone to pester Wyatt for the day, leaving Milo all alone. One of the barn owls hooted loudly, ruffling his feathers. The man added a bit of food to his tray, then returned his attention to his customer.
Gaze into my eyes when the fire starts and fan the flames so hot it melts our hearts
Oh, the pouring rain will try to put it out, but not this time!
Let your colors burn and brightly burst into a million sparks that all disperse
And illuminate a world that'll try to bring you down, but not this time!

Maiya Kajuji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:38 pm
User Image

Emilia smiled as she was greeted warmly by the owner. He seemed very kind and she instantly liked that. "Pleasure to meet you Milo, I'm Emilia" She replied already making herself comfortable in the shop. There was no reason that owners and customers could not be great friends. She probably needed more friends anyway. Things had been hard the past few years being a parent to Alice, she was still a child in her own right and needed to give time for herself. Despite how much she would miss Alice it was possibly a good thing that she was off to Hogwarts, both for her and Emilia. "I am looking to buy an owl. Obviously." She said with a slight laugh. "My sister just headed off to Hogwarts and I somehow managed to let her leave without a pet of any kind and I don't want her to be having to borrow a school one every time she wants to write, plus she could use a friend and what better one is there than an owl." She knew she'd been extremely attached to Ice throughout school, even now she liked to spoil her snowy. "I don't have any idea of which one however. It has been a long time since I chose out an owl." She smiled sort of awkwardly, she really was not good at this.

User Image

x  

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:35 pm
User Image User Image

Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light, 'cause it's time for you to shine

Milo smiled at the woman in his shop, now to be called Emilia. "And yourself, Emilia! How may I be of service today?" He was super excited to be working again, and a real job, not just plinking keys and plucking strings all day. A few other owls made sounds, so the man knew he'd have to do a feeding run soon. The woman spoke about her little sister's admittance to Hogwarts, and her lack of a companion. He nodded empathetically, then called Kerrin and Kevin over. "I'd agree that owls are wonderful pets. Kerrin was mine through school, and Kerrin's been mine for a few years now. I wouldn't trade them for any other sort of pet." He smiled, giving both his birds a treat. Now, he thought, it was time to get back to helping his customer! "You certainly came to a good place! I have all sorts of birds, in several breeds, multiple sizes, and a ton of personalities. Do you know what sort of temperament your sister could handle? Or do you just want one that's sweet and good with kids. I also have one that bites, but I doubt your sister would want him. He's kinda mean." He glanced at a hawk owl a few cages over, and he could swear the bird was proud of his bad habit. Oh well. For every mean one, there were a dozen nice owls! Such things were good to know!

Gaze into my eyes when the fire starts and fan the flames so hot it melts our hearts

Maiya Kajuji

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:53 pm
User Image

Emilia instantly stared at the beautiful birds that had joined them. They were wonderful and clearly full of their own attitudes. Most animals were like that if people just took the time to notice. Ice for instance was a very shy but very proud bird and she was quite tidy if an owl could be. When he brought up temperaments she thought for a moment. "Well something gentle," she decided almost immediately. "She's quite shy and keeps to herself. She needs something to comfort her when her friends aren't around, maybe something to remind her of home, yet something fun, one that will play with her. Just a good companion I guess" She said when she realized she was rambling. She blushed just a bit. She was particular but she just wanted everything for a sister and didn't want her to have a miserable time at Hogwarts just because she was worried or some other such nonsense. She smiled awkward, hoping he understood what she had said and that he could help her find the perfect owl for Alice, she was confident he could though. He seemed connected to these animals and that was definitely a useful skill to have in his line of work.

User Image

x  

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:15 pm
User Image User Image

Milo scritched the top of Kerrin's head, earning a playful bite on the finger. Emilia spoke about how her sister was shy, and would need a bird to help comfort her, which Milo understood well. He grinned, then grabbed a few of the smaller treats, before walking back to a few of the smaller cages. In the middle one was a little brown owl. "This little lady is a Northern Saw-Whet, which is a cousin of sorts to my Saw-Whet." He pointed at Kerrin, who was grooming himself. "Anyway, this one has never been a problem, and she knows how to carry letters, though she's a bit... overzealous. She likes to play with ribbons for some reason. I think it's adorable! Here's a few snacks for her, if you like!" He used a finger to pet the owl's head, since she had moved closer to investigate the people, and treats, near her. Milo seemed thrilled, hoping one of the little babies would get adopted. It was thrilling!

Maiya Kajuji

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:19 pm
User Image

When Milo brought out a little brown cutie Emilia practically squealed in delight. She was absolutely precious. She sounded perfect for Alice to. Easy enough to handle but a little bit of spunk to her, plus the whole ribbon thing would melt her sister's heart. If not Emilia's heart was already taken with her. "She...oh my goodness, she's so cute!" Emilia was probably acting like a five year old but she couldn't help herself, owls were the sweetest creatures God had made in her opinion. "She's absolutely perfect. I will take her!" She'd be sure to send some ribbons along as well. She glanced around thinking of what else Alice would need to take care of her properly. "I'll definitely take the treats. If I could get a cage as well that would be fantastic." She added immediately going for the purse at her side. Luckily money wasn't too much of an issue, all things considered anyway, her parents had left quite the inheritance.

User Image

x  

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:26 pm
User Image User Image

Milo was more than pleased when Emilia reacted positively to the owl. "I'm so glad! She's a great girl, and good for someone who's never owned their own owl. Not to mention she's good with others, so if she needs to stay in the Owlery, she can." He pulled out the small key that unlocked all the cages in the shop, then unlatched the little owl's cage. She hurried to hop out, then she flew around a bit, before landing on Milo's outstretched arm. As reward, he dug around in the same pocket and offered her a piece of yarn, which she happily held in her beak. "The cages are over here, and they're three Galleons each. You probably won't need a perch, as she's at Hogwarts. They tend to have places for the birds. If you want one anyway, the basic one is three Galleons, and a fancier one is five. Snacks are two Galleons, and you'll want the small ones... same with the food. She probably won't need toys, as you can just give her some ribbon to play with." As he spoke, he showed Emilia where to locate everything, then he thought a second, before speaking again. "And since this is a Hogwarts gift for someone important, please, allow me to give you a free bag of food, and one of snacks." He hoped he'd get to do the same with his own son in a few years, but as it stood, he hadn't shown any sort of magic. At least it meant he got to be home more often?

{OoC: PLEASE QUOTE ME, MAIYA!}
Maiya Kajuji

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:10 pm
User Image

Emilia listened closely as Milo went on about all the owl and accessories for the her that she could ever hope to want, which of course meant she wanted all of them...money did terrible things to her. She just wanted to buy everything she could get her hands onto. She was ready to create a whole room for the owl as well as pick up a few more things Ice. Maybe she'd just have to make a new wing in the estate for the two. She beamed when he offered a gift. She wanted to just reach out and hug the man, she'd definitely be making friends with this man. "Oh thank you so much. You're so sweet." She added, almost wondering if he was flirting though she kind of doubted it. She was fairly certainly that she wasn't his type. "I may load up a bit," She added sticking out her tongue a tiny bit, barely enough for Milo to see. "I'll be getting the cage anyway. I might be getting a perch for Alice's room during the summer...and well I might as well stock up on food new, I need some more for Ice anyway..." She realized she was rambling and blushed a bit at the man, hurriedly moving to grab what she needed.

User Image

x
Miss GryffindorK

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:28 pm
User Image User Image

Milo smiled at the woman, then went back to adding food to the various cages, before she spoke up again, and to her he returned full attention. He blushed a bit when he was called sweet, a smile alighting on his face. "I know how expensive it can get, so I like to help out. Plus, you seem nice." He grinned again, then watched as she started to grab things. He figured he could help, so he set down the owl food he had, and went to move things to the counter for her. He perked up when he heard the door chime again, but the familiar sound of hurried footsteps told him who it was. "Daddy! You almost forgot your lunch! I didn't want you all hungry, so I brought it to you!" Dris hurried over, holding a lunch box in his hands. When he saw someone else here, he grinned happily. "Hi! I'm Dris! That's my Daddy!" He pointed at Milo, who was trying to contain his chuckles. The man lifted his son off the ground and held him, but he easily squirmed away. "Dris, this is Emilia. She bought an owl! Isn't that nice?" Dris nodded in response, then looked around to see which owl was missing. It was one of the little ones, he knew for sure. Probably the one that had moved to the perch to fluff her feathers. Milo smiled, looking like a proud, fluffed-up bird himself.

Maiya Kajuji

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:59 pm
User Image

Emilia nodded, knowing that all too well. She wouldn't mind spending more time around the man, as she was very much in the market for some more friends. Things had been hard not being able to get out on her own and be a teenager, or young adult now but she still felt like a kid. She nodded once again as he began helping her gather the items. "Thank you." She said once again, being careful not to drop anything. When the door chimed again she looked up to see an adorable little boy running into the shop and to Milo. When the boy called him daddy she almost giggled. He had a child, a really cute one. "Well it is a great pleasure to met you Dris." She said crouching down to meet eyes with the boy. She just wanted to ruffle the little boy's hair and cuddle him. "Yes and your daddy has been very helpful! I got one of those tiny little owls over there, one who likes to play with ribbons." She wasn't completely sure the boy knew things about the owls the way his dad did but maybe he did know them all. "She's for my little sister who just started Hogwarts."

User Image

x
Miss GryffindorK

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:38 pm
User Image User Image

Milo smiled, happy to help. "You're very welcome. If you need any more help, I'd be more than happy!" He set the last of her things on the counter, then put his lunch on the stool behind it. Dris smiled up at the pretty lady, who seemed to be a friend of his Daddy's. She said she was pleased to meet him, and a bit of pink went to his cheeks. "It's loverly to meet you too, Miss!" He smiled brightly, then turned and nodded at Milo. Milo was pleased as punch, seeing his son act so mature and polite! When told which owl it was, Dris grinned. "She's one of my favorites! It's fun to tie a ribbon to her perch 'cause she'll keep pecking at it until it unties! It's fun." He bounced a bit, causing his hair to show off some bright blue paint that hadn't quite washed out, along with some green that looked fresh. Milo sighed, then grinned. "He's an artist, though it's not hard to tell as much. Our house is covered in paintings, and he's only been in the place about a year! Silly child!" He ruffled his son's hair, earning a smile.

Maiya Kajuji

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces