Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply A Wizard's Handbook (Suggestions, Help, and Useful Guides)
A question about muggle characters (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Leannansidhe

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:30 pm
I have established in my character Isobel's backstory on her Hogwarts profile that while both she and her younger brother have shown signs of magic, her younger sister, the middle child, has not. I am curious as to whether or not it would make sense to make her a playable character. I have not seen many muggle characters from my observations of the guild thus far. I would like to know if I should trouble myself with it or not. I might like to play out the dynamic between the siblings, particularly since she will be upset over not being magical like her siblings, but I assume I can do this if I simply make her an NPC. I have been debating on this matter since joining the guild. I am essentially trying to determine if it would be worth it to make her an actual character, if there will be any chance at all for me to play her separate from her siblings. Are there many opportunities for this sort of thing, or am I better off making her an NPC?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:32 pm
I'm not a crew member, but I know there are several muggle characters in the guild, so you'd be fine in making one.  

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Lady Leannansidhe

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:35 pm
AlphaApex
I'm not a crew member, but I know there are several muggle characters in the guild, so you'd be fine in making one.

I have seen a few here and there, but they seem to mostly be adults. I am not sure there will be much chance of Maureen getting to interact with anyone else, which is what I am worried about. I would rather not make a character if I will never get to play her with anyone but myself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:07 pm
There's quite a few. I have several squibs that I've played, one muggle, and they all grew up in the guild and became adults. So there is a definite capability of creating a muggle in the guild. One reason we made the threads for muggle schools so they can actually interact with other people in school.  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Lady Leannansidhe

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:15 pm
Diamond Wales
There's quite a few. I have several squibs that I've played, one muggle, and they all grew up in the guild and became adults. So there is a definite capability of creating a muggle in the guild. One reason we made the threads for muggle schools so they can actually interact with other people in school.

Alright, thank you. Once my family is approved, I can post in the plotting subforum looking for roleplay partners, correct? So it would be recommended that I look there for potential interactions for her?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:20 pm
That's what it's there for, yes, and you can also visit Chatzy to see about some of the roleplayers in there possibly to roleplay with as well. Just... don't mind the random insanity in there sweatdrop  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:25 pm
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I forgot the link. Here it is if you do wanna check it out. http://www.chatzy.com/53142385477315

Password is avadakedavra  
A Wizard's Handbook (Suggestions, Help, and Useful Guides)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games