Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.
why i never post.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kawrght

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:33 pm
ok so I am one of the members who never posts or joins roleplay.
why? because im bad at roleplaying.
I stayed as a member though because I was enjoying reading stories in the writers and readers corner.
I had always planned to join in and post a story or two, but as the guild is about roleplay now, I never got around to it, or to the whole guild thing in general really.

so that's why I don't post things, im not good at roleplay, I just prefer to read.
and to those pointing out how the guild is titled about roleplay, please remember ive been a member for a long while, and back when I joined the guild I was trying roleplay stuff, but discovered later im no good at it.

so there you go, that's why I don't post. for anyone reading, why do/don't you post?
-awaiting kicking from guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:12 pm
kawrght

At least your honest.  

Victoria san

Fashionable Businesswoman

skyler dama

Friendly Cultist

7,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:02 am
Huh, I had actually never considered that I could just go through all the roleplays and just sit there and read them. It makes total sense, but I never once thought about it. In my mind, if I wasn't a part of the roleplay, I wasn't going to intrude, but that's a little silly I suppose.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:14 am
It's definitely something to think about! I honestly never thought to do that myself. It really is like a story, just told by two or more people. Huh. Neat-o. smile

((Also, why would you get kicked o3o))  

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

talrinrenge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:51 am
The Lions Pride
Huh, I had actually never considered that I could just go through all the roleplays and just sit there and read them. It makes total sense, but I never once thought about it. In my mind, if I wasn't a part of the roleplay, I wasn't going to intrude, but that's a little silly I suppose.

It might sound kinda silly but I used to avoid other RPs the same way. I've found it's a good way to hunt down compatible partners though and as long as you resist the urge to jump in it's not only good for killing time but also finding new partners or rehashing an idea with a partner you have already.

In a guild this size that kind of advertizing is what keeps it alive really. I used to get all kinds of offers to RP when I was doing my big Magic School RP here. Then I lost interest in the RPers I was with and having my characters' posts either ignored, misinterpreted or downplayed by my partners to the point it was insulting. Specifics? not really but that's how I remember it. Anyways enough of my drama. Point is reading other RPs even if there's no space is a great way to find RPers to follow and connect with. I wish more people made a point of this actually.

In fact I've got a challange of sorts for anyone reading this. Go through the pages of your favorite Genre on this guild and find an RPer who meets YOUR standard of play then reach out. Even if they don't log on anymore you never know when they will think 'hey maybe i should log on gaia'. Who knows you may just bring this guild back to life. It used to have anywhere between ten and thirty posts in a ten minute span and more during high traffic times.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:41 am
If you put that way, yeah its actually an interesting idea. Both the reaching out to others and reading the Rp's itself. You learn something new everyday.  

Victoria san

Fashionable Businesswoman

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:48 am
Amusing that this person nailed one of the reasons I'm sticking around as opposed to jumping ship.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:45 am
talrinrenge
The Lions Pride

It might sound kinda silly but I used to avoid other RPs the same way. I've found it's a good way to hunt down compatible partners though and as long as you resist the urge to jump in it's not only good for killing time but also finding new partners or rehashing an idea with a partner you have already.

In a guild this size that kind of advertizing is what keeps it alive really. I used to get all kinds of offers to RP when I was doing my big Magic School RP here. Then I lost interest in the RPers I was with and having my characters' posts either ignored, misinterpreted or downplayed by my partners to the point it was insulting. Specifics? not really but that's how I remember it. Anyways enough of my drama. Point is reading other RPs even if there's no space is a great way to find RPers to follow and connect with. I wish more people made a point of this actually.

In fact I've got a challange of sorts for anyone reading this. Go through the pages of your favorite Genre on this guild and find an RPer who meets YOUR standard of play then reach out. Even if they don't log on anymore you never know when they will think 'hey maybe i should log on gaia'. Who knows you may just bring this guild back to life. It used to have anywhere between ten and thirty posts in a ten minute span and more during high traffic times.

I really like this reaching out idea for finding partners  

skyler dama

Friendly Cultist

7,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300

Nymphaer

Beloved Sleuth

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:26 pm
I haven't posted anything yet. Unless, you count the introduction.
But, for role playing. I haven't seen one I'm ready to jump into yet. I don't like making role plays, so no one ask me too! xP

It's not like I don't have ideas for role plays. I have tons! But, I mostly write them down or put them into notes for later. For my short stories. That I never finish. >.<; And, I've been told my stories are great and blah, blah, blah. Just don't think I have what it takes, cause I don't like my own writing. That goes for role playing too.

Yet, role playing always manages to drag me back in. Kicking and screaming. I know I'm not the best at role playing. However, when I find a story I can visually see in my mind. I join in. I try my best to keep up with others, but still. I know my writing is eh at best. lol I keep trying though. Can only improve, right.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:35 pm
Nymphaer
I haven't posted anything yet. Unless, you count the introduction.
But, for role playing. I haven't seen one I'm ready to jump into yet. I don't like making role plays, so no one ask me too! xP

It's not like I don't have ideas for role plays. I have tons! But, I mostly write them down or put them into notes for later. For my short stories. That I never finish. >.<; And, I've been told my stories are great and blah, blah, blah. Just don't think I have what it takes, cause I don't like my own writing. That goes for role playing too.

Yet, role playing always manages to drag me back in. Kicking and screaming. I know I'm not the best at role playing. However, when I find a story I can visually see in my mind. I join in. I try my best to keep up with others, but still. I know my writing is eh at best. lol I keep trying though. Can only improve, right.

I guess we will see when you start rping more.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:43 pm
Thought about reading though some like the 1x1's, but never really get around to it. I hope you've found some interesting stories man biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:01 pm
I personally love roleplaying, my problem is structure. If the roleplay doesn't have much structure, or loyal people, it falls apart.

I've honestly dreamed of one day making an original roleplay (or D&D campaign) with a group of people and, with their permission, edit all the posts into a novel or book (perhaps even a series) that we can all slap our names or usernames on and try to have published.

I love writing and reading. I see roleplaying as writing story, or fanfiction, with a community, rather than on my own.  

Arrinae Tsuki

Quotable Phantom

Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games