Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
7 Days Until Christ Returns

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:20 am
7 Days Until Christ Returns  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:01 pm
This is so inspirational...  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Duronva Sol

High-functioning Allegiant

7,000 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:17 pm
I am glad Christ is coming! But how can I know I will not fail him when He calls us?

I am trying to get on my feet again, but yet I am frightened whether or not that I will be with him in Heaven or not. Last March, I was baptized, so I know I am His child but...sometimes I just feel...all over the place.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:12 pm
Sullen SnowAngel
I am glad Christ is coming! But how can I know I will not fail him when He calls us?

I am trying to get on my feet again, but yet I am frightened whether or not that I will be with him in Heaven or not. Last March, I was baptized, so I know I am His child but...sometimes I just feel...all over the place.

I think that is a very common concern we as Christian have. "Are we trying good enough to follow His commands to show our love for Him?" There is another question we should ask ourselves - would we even care if we are not made capable of caring? Doesn't that prove in a sense that we are on the right path?

Obedience, submitting to the Spirit and putting on the full armor of God. That is how you will be able to stand. ^^

Ephesians 6:10-18

The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:15 am
Thank you for this short to the point video. It is motivating smile
I AM EXCITED for His coming!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:42 am
Meili Kyumee Youichi
Thank you for this short to the point video. It is motivating smile
I AM EXCITED for His coming!

Me too! It also made me see flaws in myself that I in a sense had pushed away and "forgotten". It is important that we live our life in such a way that we are not ashamed when He does return.

2 Peter 3:10-12
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces