Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Paidi tou Selini rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 2, 8, 4 Total: 23 (4-40)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:07 pm
The little Princess perked up as she saw her previous Scorpion contact reappear, opening her mouth in greeting before both she and Bakin were cut off by the obnoxious Mantis' wild accusations.

"Goodness, you weren't kidding about that reputation." she commented as a sympathetic aside to Bakin, before looking back to Satoko, unphased. "I don't know what you think is going to happen, but I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. Still, I'm surprised. You did threaten to wipe out me and my clan, you should be the last person suspicious to find me seeking diplomatic relations with other Great Clans in self-defense."

[Awareness/Etiquette 4k3 vs. Contested
Roll: 9, 2, 8, 4 = 21]

[Vitals
Void Points: 2/3
Wounds: 0/10 (Healthy)
Attack Stance, ATN 20]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:49 pm
@ Gendo:

(You still haven't recorded your damage)

"Y-yeah, the eye. My apologies," Taniko would say, bowing her head slightly. Then she would tilt it slightly. "But... Inu-kun seems well enough behaved. I don't get why you'd be worried about him. He doesn't look like the type that would take an eye..."

She would immediately snort in amusement. "Oh! You were joking. Sorry, it took a minute."

Taniko would shrug her shoulders, then shake her head. "You seem adamant about this. If you're worried about your social skills, perhaps this is not the skill you should be practicing. Just a Crab's two zeni," she would explain. "If you want to come with, I can show you my kickass sword. It was my grandfather's. But I also understand about not wanting to quit something once started, so it's up to you."

Taniko would go back to the tools she was fishing out of the cabinet.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Naohiko would address Seiichi, thanking him for the timely rescue. Seiichi would blink a few times silently, before flashing a huuuuge grin. "Catch!" He would say, tossing something in the air towards Naohiko.

Naohiko, give me a Raw Reflexes roll to catch the object!

"Seiichi out!" he would say, backpedalling away, before turning to his right and down the hall. "Keikenchi! Keikenchi! Keikenchi! Keikenchi!"

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Investigation roll of 21, tie goes to the defender (Kaichiyo)

"Ha!" Satoko would laugh suddenly. "That's right! I'm glad you haven't forgotten! I, Yoritomo Satoko, daughter of Yoritomo Karasuma, will personally see to your destruction! No amount of sucking up to the other Great Clans will save you! Ohohohohoho!" she would laugh further, positioning her upturned hand in front of her mouth.

Suddenly she stops, and sniffs once. She would peer back and forth between Kaichiyo and the Scorpion. "Restocking supplies, eh? Yogo-san, I bet I could restock your supplies far better than this minor clan hussy. What say you?"

"Please don't drag me into this."

"Just give us the signal, and we'll go!" Satoko proclaimed on behalf of both herself and Kaichiyo, flexing her bicep and gripping it with her left hand.

Kaichiyo, it sounds like Satoko wants to throw down!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 7, 1, 3, 4, 5 Total: 30 (6-60)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:28 pm
"Hm." the intrepid Princess responded thoughtfully, the air around her growing a little colder, an aura of seriousness pervasive for perhaps the first time since she'd met this comically buffoonish woman, her gaze piercing into Satoko's soul.

[Awareness/Iaijutsu (Assessment) 6k3 w/ 1 raise for an extra assessment vs. TN ?? + 5 to determine Satoko's Void ring and Iaijutsu skill rank.
Roll: 10+7, 7, 1, 3, 4, 5 = 29]

[Vitals
Center Stance, ATN 20]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:40 pm
@ Kaichiyo:

Though she doesn't seem on guard for an attack right now, you seem to adequately size up Satoko's capabiltiies.

Her Void Ring is 3, her Iaijutsu Rank is 3.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:01 pm
OOC: If 26 cannot catch this, then disregard

Naohiko would seemingly easily catch what the Monkey bushi tossed at him and then head off towards Denbe. "Er….someone came along and dealt with Hiruma-san...Maybe some servants to take him back to his room?" If the situation looked like it was calming down, Naohiko would look to what the Monkey had flung and hoped it wasn't what monkeys normally fling.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:04 pm
@ Naohiko:

With a 26 Raw Reflexes, you easily catch the handle of the broken bokken thrown to you.

Don't worry, Denbe comes to you! With company! A pair of Daidoji, and the Kuni from the theater hurry down the hall.

"Naohiko-san, you're okay! Have you two stopped-

They come to a stop.

They look at Shigemasa's prone form.

They look at the broken bokken handle in your hand.

They look to Shigemasa, and the other part of the broken weapon nearby him.

"Naohiko, what did you d-

"Himura-san, I'm going to have to ask that you come with us," one of the Daidoji guards would say, both of them shifting into an Attack Stance, though neither woman has drawn a weapon yet. The Kuni would rush to Shigemasa's side in a panic.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:46 pm
Naohiko lets out a small gasp as his reflexes betrayed him and drops the broken bokken. "As you wish." Naohiko would bow to Denbe and state "I wish this day turned out differently. I'll tell you what happened after Daidoji-sans are done with me, if you wish."

Naohiko would keep his arms well away from his wakazaishi and follow the Daidoji to wherever they'd take him, hoping it wasn't a trap.  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 4, 7 Total: 19 (4-40)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:33 pm
Her brows furrowed a bit more as she assessed her rival. For all the apparent incompetence, she unfortunately seemed to be an even match in the one aspect that mattered most. Kaichiyo couldn't help but heave a long-suffering exhale, the taste of a song on her lips that she almost hummed, before settling herself and shrugging. "We'll have time enough to face off in all sorts of competitions, with the way this court is being run. Let's not impose upon Yogo-san's good graces when the Crane seem to be happy to act as judges for such things."

[Awareness/Etiquette 4k3 vs. Contested to politely decline.
Roll: 1, 7, 4, 7 = 18]

[Vitals
Attack Stance, ATN 20]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:12 pm
A horrible choice was before him. To accompany a female that he had actually a good conversation with and hopefully keep it up, or to keep working on the weapon. He looked at his work so far. The metal was slowly getting the required length, but it would take awhile yet. And if he didn't finish, someone else could... but he'd give it the best he could later. Packing up his tools and the materials he selected, he nodded at Taniko. "I can always come back to this later. No need to hurry it. Also, Setsuna's the only animal that's not reacted poorly to me. The eye was lost in a training duel accident due to a sugar glider, at least that's what the claim was. I don't remember it all that well. It's all kinda blinded by pain."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:59 pm
@ Naohiko:

It's always a trap.

Several minutes later...

The two Daidoji would idle in the chamber they had brought the Kraken to, not speaking to Naohiko as he sat on the other side of the table, the only piece of furniture in the room. It was bare otherwise, having wooden walls rather than paper. The door was also solid wood. Likely an interrogation room.

A few minutes would pass, before a voice would speak up from outside the open door. One of the two Daidoji stepped outside and nodded, signaling for the person to enter the room.

"Go ahead," the first Daidoji woman would say. Holding a tray with a kettle and cup, in would walk Emi. She would startle when she saw Naohiko, letting out a little gasp.

"It's okay, we'll make sure he doesn't hurt you," the other Daidoji woman would tell her, and she would give a look back and forth between the guard and Naohiko.

Nodding, she'd respond "Hai, Daidoji-sama," before nervously bringing the tray to the table, proceeding to very carefully ready a cup of tea for Naohiko. Partway through the process, with her head tilted downward, she would turn her gaze upward to try to meet Naohiko's.

Naohiko, what are you doing? How are you reacting? If you feel you need to, you can roll dice at this (Awareness/Acting, Etiquette, Sincerity, or Meditation I can all see).

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Ha! I never thought I'd see the day the LEGENDARY Himura Kaichiyo would balk at a challenge! Perhaps your reputation is overstated," Satoko would say, puffing out her chest and smirking. "There's a Crane right here," she would add, gesturing at the poor merchant who shrank away. "Let's see which of us can buy whatever the hell Yogo-san needs the best."

Her eyes narrow, her grin widens. "Unless you're too broke. Or worse yet..."

"Niwatori."

Quote:
Awareness/Intimidation (Bullying) result of 20. She's not taking no for an answer!

--------------------

@ Gendo:

"... the ******** a sugar glider? Some sort of goblin?" Taniko would ask Gendo.

After his response, she would hold up the hammer and chisel she had been searching for. "I might not have won the crafting competition, but my piece isn't quite finished yet. Art demands perfection!" she would state nobly, before smiling brightly. "I wasn't kidding about the 'not quitting something you started' thing. Come on," she'd say, grabbing Gendo by the sleeve and pulling. She would tilt her head to the side. "Setsuna, come on!"

Setsuna, of course, would only flick his ear and not rise. It wasn't until Gendo began being pulled away that Setsuna's head would lift and he would stretch before happily barreling off after his master.

Gendo, can you confirm if you are letting Taniko lead you?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:06 am
Gendo blinked as he was grabbed but followed after a starting stumble. Looking at Setsuna, he's just kinda shrug. "Well I'd love to see what you are making. As for a sugar glider, it's like a squirrel."  
Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 7, 6, 8 Total: 36 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:09 pm
The red haired bushi kept his face calm and impassive as Emi served tea. When her eyes met his , Naohiko gave the Crane peasant a mischievous wink and a smile to let Emi know things were going to be all right. Naohiko would bow his thanks to Emi for the tea and drink it as he waited for whoever's job it would be to deal with him.

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette 5k3
Raises called: 1 to be discrete with his interactions with Emi
Results: 23-5=18  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:45 pm
@ Gendo:

"A squirrel?" Taniko would ask, before giggling. "I didn't peg you for a jokester, Gendo-san. You have a good Fortunes and Winds face."

A short time later...

"... and so, after he completed the ninth blade, great grandpa Kagae wrote instructions to whom it should be delivered to, and then he died within the week. I never did find out where he had sent it, or why it was so important that he lived as long as he did just to make it." Taniko finished explaining in her anecdote. Still pulling Gendo by the sleeve, he was definitely in the Crab section of the guest area. While most of the castle had Crane-patterned paper walls, the Minor Clan area was largely unassuming. But the Crab area had Crab-patterned walls: Another example of Crane hospitality.

Well, most of the walls. Taniko led you to one area where the paper walls were torn off, as if a battle had occurred in the hall. You recognized Denbe, and that kabuki Kuni from yesterday, but there were two other Crab men here; one was tending to the head injury of another.

Denbe would look up and immediately look fearfully at you.

Taniko would seize up in shock and anger, arms tightly down at her sides, unaware she was still gripping the sleeve of Gendo's kimono and tearing it at the hem of his shoulder with a RRRIP with the sudden motion, though she herself did not seem to realize she did so. Namely, because she exclaimed loudly, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY ROOM?!"

Gendo, you have a chance to react if you'd like.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Emi would flush as you winked to her, and it seems neither Daidoji noticed the exchange. She would remain silent as she bowed respectfully to Naohiko before picking up the try and turning to leave, walking with a little extra emphasis as she did so. Her hair would suddenly blow as if in a breeze, though neither Daidoji seemed to be impacted by it, nor did Naohiko feel any such wind. Emi would look off to the side in a bit of a scowl, as if this was some annoyance she had been dealing with all day but couldn't figure out why, but it was a momentary look toward the corner before exiting the chamber.

Only a minute would pass before the Daidoji would bow their heads briefly at the appearance of another, a man you had seen a couple times before, but not had the chance to interact with yet. He was a few years older than you, pretty well built, and kept a very presentable, clean appearance about him.

"Benjiro-san," the Daidoji guards would greet as he entered.

"Good afternoon, Himura-san. This is the first time we've spoken, but I wish it was under better circumstances," he would say, turning his head to the Daidoji. One would nod and step aside before closing the door. The other would remain on guard on the inner side, watching the exchange.

"So, it would probably be best to tell me what happened," he'd say, standing as he looked down at the sitting Naohiko.  
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 4, 10 Total: 26 (4-40)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:51 pm
The Kraken bushi nodded and let out a breath as he began to recount the incident. " I was walking with Morito Denbe-san as he sought out a specific Crab clanswoman. I made my introduction to Hiruma-san and he responded by telling me that my clan had nothing to offer him and then he struck me." the red headed bushi massaged his brow as he tried to recall exactly what happened next. " I then struck back at him and tried to subdue Hiruma-san. Toku-san saw the situation I was in and knocked Hiruma-san unconscious. Toku-san then tossed the remains of the bokken to me and left. It was at that point your guardsmen found me and directed me here."

OOC
Awareness/Sincerity (Honesty) 4k3
Raises called: 0
Results:27  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:28 pm
@ Naohiko:

Benjiro's d10s are apparently in a d6 mood today.

"There is... some inconsistency with your story, though I do acknowledge the honest intent in your words. I will ignore your insinuation that Toku Seiichi would do something so egregious for now; perhaps you saw someone else of like appearance and mistook their identity. Tell me more about this introduction, if you'd please," Benjiro would request.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff