Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Goodbye TekTek.org!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FluffyMuffins230

Lonely Browser

8,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:54 pm
So apparently the person who owned Tek.Tek.org was told to take their site down by Gaia staff or something. (Inform me better if I have said this wrong). While it's not down YET I'll still miss it a lot.

It feels like sites / game sites like to ruin some of the fun people want to have. I mean not just Gaia staff but a few other places and games have taken away things people like. But they probably had a good reason for it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:05 pm
That's pretty much it. ^^ There's a lot of fact and speculation around it all, but what we can definitely say is that it's up until March 24th. I don't think Gaia wanted to ruin our fun, but there are definitely a lot of pissed off Gaians. (That's nothing new though. Gaians get pissed off over every little change that happens. Big or small. Warranted or unwarranted. We're always unhappy about something. XD )

I'll be going through an adjustment period without Tektek's dream avatar site. I'm so used to running to it to sort items and create avatars.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

FluffyMuffins230

Lonely Browser

8,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:08 pm
sdrawkcab
That's pretty much it. ^^ There's a lot of fact and speculation around it all, but what we can definitely say is that it's up until March 24th. I don't think Gaia wanted to ruin our fun, but there are definitely a lot of pissed off Gaians. (That's nothing new though. Gaians get pissed off over every little change that happens. Big or small. Warranted or unwarranted. We're always unhappy about something. XD )

I'll be going through an adjustment period without Tektek's dream avatar site. I'm so used to running to it to sort items and create avatars.

I'm glad it's still up till then, a lot of us will have to race to save any avatars we loved making! But it's unfortunate they couldn't come to some sort of agreement from what it sounds like. While I don't get mad at every little change or big one Gaia staff makes it's understandable to people who use this site like the plague. (Bad analogy?)

Maybe something will happen though and we can sort of get a replacement for it, whether its made by the staff themselves or whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:35 pm
FluffyMuffins230
sdrawkcab

I'm glad it's still up till then, a lot of us will have to race to save any avatars we loved making! But it's unfortunate they couldn't come to some sort of agreement from what it sounds like. While I don't get mad at every little change or big one Gaia staff makes it's understandable to people who use this site like the plague. (Bad analogy?)

Maybe something will happen though and we can sort of get a replacement for it, whether its made by the staff themselves or whatever.

Haha yeah, I already raced and saved the images of the Tekteks that I already have. I assume that they're going to blank out when the site goes down.

Yeah it really is unfortunate. I understand why Tekton (Tektek creator) would take the easier route of shutting the site down. He's busy with other things now.
And I totally understand how this has pissed off Gaians. I don't blame them. But I guess I don't blame Gaia either. XD Soo... yeah... It's just unfortunate all around.

Well according to this thread, one of the staff said that
"should the worst come to worst and the site get shut down, then we will start exploring the possibilities of creating these features for Gaia Online. Should this happen, we will not be able to deliver an exact replica of them, however, their function will be comparable."

XD; I'm not sure that Gaia will give us something that's comparable. ^^;; I'm sure they'll try...

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

[Microwave Popcorn]

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:17 pm
;c  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:53 pm
let's hope that they would be able to find a solution without the need to take down tektek.  

Emberxylic Len

Ice-Cold Combatant

18,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • 50 Wins 150
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items