Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × Ollivander's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:13 pm
User Image

And even though the moment passed me by
                                                  I still can't turn away
                                                  Cuz all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
                                                  Got tossed along the way
                                                  And letters that you never meant to send
                                                  Got lost or thrown away

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

a**ɪsᴛᴀɴᴛ, Oʟʟɪᴠᴀɴᴅᴇʀ's || Wᴀɴᴅᴍᴀᴋᴇʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Seth didn't even blink when the wand let off a shriek. Instead, he was already taking down a wand from another shelf and removing it from its box. He took the other wand and placed it aside before he handed the new one to Connor. "Don't worry. That wasn't the largest explosion I've seen in my shop. Last year, someone managed to blow a door off of the back room while I was in it. However, let's see about this one instead. Pine and unicorn hair, quite flexible. Just let me redirect you again." He turned Connor again to face the same wall and stood back, nodding. "All right, just go ahead and give it a wave." He looked back toward the shelves again, thinking about the various wands there and thinking the kid might have an affinity to unicorn hair. He wasn't sure yet, but it couldn't hurt to keep other cores in mind.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: First year students, this is always an interesting time of year.
                                                  OOC: Sturdy, Mahogany and Unicorn Hair, three times for Connor, got it! And sorry about the wait, ugh orz

We grew up way too fast
                                                  And now there's nothing to believe
                                                  And reruns all become our history
                                                  A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
                                                  And I won't tell no one your name
                                                  And I won't tell 'em your name

The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:46 pm
User Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image

Uηѕσятє∂ Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя
Uηѕσятє∂ Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя

Connor sighed at the counter, but listened attentively when the man said it wasn't the worst they'd had there. That at least made him feel a bit less terrible. "This job sounds awesome!" Colton spoke up excitedly at the mention of explosions. Connor tilted his head in his brother's direction, before his attention was back to the man. Apparently this wand was pine and unicorn hair. Hadn't the last one been unicorn hair too? Perhaps the man thought he was a unicorn-y sort of fellow. "Alright, maybe this one will work? It seems nice?" He took hold of the handle and allowed himself to be turned toward the empty space. With a deep inhale, he flicked the wand, releasing an angry burst of fire. He blinked, then quietly set the wand down after having felt the scalding heat. "Maybe it's not very nice after all." His cheeks tinged pink, the boy a bit worried, since it was taking longer than Colton had.

Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴀs ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ, ᴀs ᴡᴇ ʀᴏʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴜɴғᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ɪs sᴛʀɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀʟᴏɴɢ
Sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘᴀʏ ɴᴏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴs, ᴛʜᴇʏ ғɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ғᴇᴀʀ
Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ—ɪᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴀɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ. Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ

Jυѕт кησω уσυ'яє ησт αℓσηє, 'Ƈαυѕє ǀ'м gσηηα мαкє тнιѕ ρℓαcє уσυя нσмє

Diamond Wales

{OoC
Connor - Sturdy, Mahogany & Unicorn Hair x3}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:45 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop - Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMackenzie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If тıмe ¢øυłđ š т ø ρ, ħøω ¢αи I мακe тħıš м ø я e ρ ø e т ı ¢ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Wħeи тħeяe'š и ø т ħ ı и g мøяe ρ α т ħ e т ı ¢ тø вe šαıđ? xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ в я ı и g мe ø υ т, š ħ ø ω мe ł ı g ħ т xxxxxx
                                                          I'м š ø я я ч ıf I ħ ı đ e, I'м тøø α f я α ı đ тø łøøκ ı и š ı đ e xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien stepped back into the shop, unsurprised to see that his lunch break was most definitely officially over. Normally, he liked to just close the shop for lunch and eat with his cousin, but during the busy season, they really couldn't get away with it. He gave Seth a small wave, quickly assessed the current situation, and determined that the other man had the two boys handled. So, he turned his attention to the young lady, doing a double-take when he saw who was accompanying her. "Ariana! Hey, how're you?" he asked cheerfully. He hadn't really interacted with the woman at all, but she was dating his cousin, after all, it wasn't like she was outside his realm of awareness. His attention then returned to the girl, Ari's daughter, and he smiled. "I'm Damien," he told her. "And you're... Mackenzie, right? Seth said you'd be coming by soon."

spaceA flick of his wand set the measuring tape into motion and he gestured for her to hold out her arms. "Are you right-handed or left-handed?" he asked, looking her up and down. In all honesty, it would've made more sense for Seth to handle her, but there was no telling how long the two boys would take. Oh, well. It wasn't like he didn't make wild guesses about the proper wands for complete strangers all the time. It was basically the job description, after all. But, he did have at least a little information about this particular first year, since her mother was in fact dating Seth. They hadn't talked overmuch about Mackenzie, but it was still more than none. Damien stepped over towards the shelves, expression thoughtful as he started pulling wands. "I think we'll try... this one first," he told her with a smile, handing her a wand. "Ten inches, chestnut with peacock feather," he informed her.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx Yøυ ¢αяяч т я υ т ħ αиđ мακe мe š м ı ł e
                                                          xxxxxx If ıт ωeяe ч ø υ α и đ м e тøиıgħт
                                                          xxxxxxxxx I ωøυłđ т α м e тħe š т α я š
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx αиđ šανe тħe в я ı g ħ т e š т øиe føя ч ø υ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          How many attempts were you wanting?

kiska166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:02 pm
User Image

And even though the moment passed me by
                                                  I still can't turn away
                                                  Cuz all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
                                                  Got tossed along the way
                                                  And letters that you never meant to send
                                                  Got lost or thrown away

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

a**ɪsᴛᴀɴᴛ, Oʟʟɪᴠᴀɴᴅᴇʀ's || Wᴀɴᴅᴍᴀᴋᴇʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Seth watched quietly at what he figured was a flame thrower-like display with the next wand, but that didn't deter Seth. Nodding at Damien as he took care of Ari and Mackenzie, he plucked the wand off the counter to put away before his eyes alighted on one of the others. Taking it down, he frowned, considering the object before he opened it up. "No, it's just a case of the wand not liking you. When you find a wand that fits, it works with you as flawlessly as anything that you've ever encountered. However, I think I found the one that would work." He drew the wand from the box and handed it off. more than confident he had it right. He then turned Connor toward the wall again and nodded. "Sturdy, mahogany and unicorn hair. I think this one is the one. Go ahead and give it a wave." He stood back, thinking about what other woods could work. He was certain that it was unicorn hair for the core. It was just a matter of which wood now.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: First year students, this is always an interesting time of year.
                                                  OOC: Sturdy, Mahogany and Unicorn Hair, three times for Connor, got it! And sorry about the wait, ugh orz

We grew up way too fast
                                                  And now there's nothing to believe
                                                  And reruns all become our history
                                                  A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
                                                  And I won't tell no one your name
                                                  And I won't tell 'em your name

The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:19 pm
User Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image

Uηѕσятє∂ Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя
Uηѕσятє∂ Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя

Connor heard another man talk, probably to the other kid in the room. When Seth spoke up, the blind boy tilted his head in the man's direction. He said the wand didn't like him, which was an odd sort of concept for the boy. How could a wand determine likability? Wasn't it just a magical stick? When he said he found one that would work, Connor reached out a hand with a nervous smile. "Hopefully. Third time's a charm, right?" This wand was mahogany with the same middle. Apparently he was drawn to unicorn hairs or something. The boy took a deep breath and flicked the wand. A warm swirl of air surrounded him and the wand made a pleasant humming sound. That had to mean it was the right one! "That seemed very non-violent. Does that mean it likes me? Is this my wand?" He turned back to where he knew Seth to be, a grin on his face.

Colton had been watching his brother gleefully, waiting until a wand seemed to mesh with him. Honestly, Connor looked so excited! Then again, Colton was still hugging his wand. It was just so cool! It meant they were officially magical! Well, apparently they'd always been magical, but... it marked their first big step into wizardry!

Hᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴀs ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ, ᴀs ᴡᴇ ʀᴏʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴜɴғᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ɪs sᴛʀɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀʟᴏɴɢ
Sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘᴀʏ ɴᴏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴs, ᴛʜᴇʏ ғɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ғᴇᴀʀ
Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ—ɪᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴀɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ. Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ

Jυѕт кησω уσυ'яє ησт αℓσηє, 'Ƈαυѕє ǀ'м gσηηα мαкє тнιѕ ρℓαcє уσυя нσмє

Diamond Wales

{OoC}

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:26 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in left picture & top picture
Wand: springy, mahogany wood with a peacock feather core. It has a bent shaft, and it is 11 inches long
One or two tries is good o3o))

Mackenzie watched as reddish orange sparks shot out of Colton’s second wand. Okay, that wasn’t so bad, she told herself. Maybe she would indeed get a wand. The only thing the eleven year old was worried about was blowing up the whole shop or hurting someone. Then again, that was probably why Seth made the boys face a certain area. And as long as she wasn’t the kid who blew a door off the back room while anyone was in it, she’d be fine.

Ariana had been watching the twin boys get assessed for possible wands almost as intently as Mackenzie had when she was caught off guard at the sound of her name. “Oh – Damien, hi!” she responded, a bright smile forming on her lips at the sight of her old school mate. “I’ve been doing well – busy with life but good. How about you?” Somehow, the twenty seven year old managed to juggle her career and her personal life without losing too much sleep.

Mackenzie looked up at the other man when he greeted her mum. Who was he? How did they know each other? Mackenzie has met most of – if not every person that continued to be in Ariana’s life – but his face was not at all recognizable. Even from photos. When Damien asked if her name was Mackenzie, she nodded. “I’m right-handed,” she answered, sticking out that arm next to the measuring tape. Blue eyes bounced between the measuring tape and the shop owner as he attempted to locate Mackenzie’s perfect wand. Before grabbing the wand he handed her, the eleven year old positioned herself to face an area where she wouldn’t be able to hurt anyone with magic-gone-wrong. As she took the ten inch wand and flicked it towards the wall, a violent wind backfired and blew towards her face along with the sound of a thunderous lion roar. The witch dropped the wand, which ultimately stopped the wind and noise. “I don’t think that one liked me,” she stated, brushing her now messy hair out of her face.

I'm over here doing what I like!
I'm over here workin' day and night!
And if my real ain't real enough
Then I don't know what is.

Cara MiaKitty

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:46 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOllivander's
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFather
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

whєn r σ m є ' s ín r u í n, wє αrє thє l í σ n s frєє σf thє cσlís є u m s xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ín p σ í s σ n plαcєs, wє αrє αntí-v є n σ m - wє'rє thє вє g í n níng σf thє є n d xxxxxxxxx
                                                          tσníght, thє fσхєs h u n t thє h σ u n d s, ít's αll σ v є r nσw xxxxxx
                                                          в є f σ r є ít hαs в є g u n, wє'vє α l r є α d ч w σ n xxx

spaceAnandi had walked quite briskly towards the wand shop. Not because she was overly enthused about getting her wand, exactly. She wasn't not excited, but she didn't really feel the same sort of bubbly overflowing joy at the prospect that she was given to understanding was common. A wand was a tool she needed, no different from her scales or her cauldron or anything else, really. She supposed a lot of people liked the 'personality' aspect of it, but she figured she had a pretty good handle on who she was without the wand, thanks. As it was, her father seemed far more excited than she did as they entered the shop.

spaceApparently, the new owner was more into keeping the place nice and tidy than some of his predecessors had been; stories she'd heard from her family detailed a small, cramped space, where you felt like any moment the towers of wands would collapse on you, and so much dust you could cut through it with a knife. By contrast, the store she was currently in, which was supposedly one and the same, was clean, and exceptionally well organized, aside from a few odds and ends laying out, and a couple wands that hadn't been put away. "Hello?" she called out, surprised that there wasn't already a crowd. Then again, the shop had been closed for the lunch break until a minute or two ago, according to the sign. Still, she'd have thought that a line of kids would have been waiting. Then again, it was a bit early in the Summer for that. She looked to her Papa. "I think Nanaa was exaggerating about the store, Papa," she said, earning a roll of her father's eyes. She knew he thought she was funny, though.

xxx cσmє σ n, mαkє ít є α s ч, sαч í n є v є r mαttєrєd
                                                          xxxxxx r u n ít up thє f l α g p σ l є - wє wíll t є α c h чσu
                                                          xxxxxxxxx hσw tσ mαkє вσчs n є х t d σ σ r σut σf αss h σ l є s
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx wє αrє w í l d - wє αrє líkє ч σ u n g v σ l c α n σ є s

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:02 pm
User ImageUser Image

I can see your eyes turning blue
                                                            I can see the
                                                            weather changing you
                                                            Cold
                                                            summers one after the other
                                                            Got old fast, grew
                                                            tired of each other
                                                            Proud sleepless child,
                                                            followed her

As soon as the family arrived in Diagon, Aine made a beeline for the wand shop. Her Uncle Damien owned the shop and she was sure he already had a perfect idea for a wand for her. If not the young first year would be rather disappointed. Not really, but you know she would probably joke about. She shoved open the door and raced towards the counter, practically bouncing with excitement.

"Uncle Damien!" She called out loudly. She hadn't spotted her uncle yet, which was a good reason for being loud... although she would have said it at the same volume even if he'd been right in front of her. She was loud sometimes.... A lot actually. Since being adopted she had really come out of her shell and become rather loud and annoying honestly. And she was about to go to Hogwarts! She was so excited. She hadn't even known she had magic when she'd been adopted and now she got to go to the greatest wizarding school ever! She had been derailed by her thought process but she was finally noticing the other girl in the room and she grinned and waved. Kids had never been scary... which was good. It was also good that basically all of Diagon Alley was her family or this would have been a very scary trip for her.

"Hullo! Are ya a first year too?" She asked, sticking her hand out at the girl with a bit too much enthusiasm. " Oi'm aine... but yer can call me indy... on account av me bein' indiana jones! jist kiddin' oi wish... dat wud be awesum!" She had planned on curbing her accent for school, so that people wouldn't make fun of her... but that went right out the door at her excitement. It didn't help that only part of her family was English and the rest were Scottish or some other brand of crazy accents and she was Irish and it all just got jumbled together.

It's getting harder to find it in me
                                                            I scab my
                                                            wounds and fall asleep
                                                            But now, but now
                                                            can be
                                                            Falling
                                                            down
                                                            Filling, filling the empty

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101

Miss GryffindorK

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

Δɢε ƬεπGгεεκ HλlғϑϐlσσdFυτυгε Hσɢшλгτs Ѕτυdεπτ

Theo followed after Aine as she sprinted for the wand shop. He was a little more upset than he'd normally like, mostly because he didn't want Aine to go to school without him. By the time he made it to the shop door, Aine had already called for Damien, so Theo just stood beside her, looking around the shop. He really, really wished he were getting his own wand! It wasn't fair that the school wouldn't just let him go early! He was almost eleven, after all!

Aine started talking to the other girl there, and briefly Theo wondered if she were there to get her own wand. Probably, he reasoned, as she wasn't with an older kid. No one just hung about in wand shops! Aine's heavy accent returned as she excitedly spoke, and the younger boy peeked around her. "And I'm Theodotus, Aine's brother. I'm almost eleven and get to go to school next year." He nodded, eyes wide behind his glasses. He really wanted to go now, but the stupid rules said he had to wait. Oh well. It could be worse, he supposed.

Devlyn MayCry

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Lᴏᴏᴋ ʜᴏᴡ ꜰᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴜᴘ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴜɴ sᴏ ꜰᴀsᴛ
Sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇsᴛ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ, 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ. I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ, 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ. I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs. I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

Θн, σн, σн Ƭгψ Σvεгψτнιπɢ!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:56 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn
First Year Unsorted

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 11 years old...

Gertie was super excited to be going out shopping for her school supplies. She skipped along the streets of Diagon Alley with her mum. After getting fitted for her robes, the eleven year old headed off to get her wand. With the boring stuff out of the way she couldn’t wait to see what her wand would be. Maybe it would be like her mum’s Hemlock wood with a Fairy Wing core. She could hope. Either way it would be interesting and super fun.

Gertie practically threw the door open to the wand shop. Entering she skipped in with a large amount of excitement. It was just past lunch time and it showed, what with all the first years. She was so excited to get her wand and the rest of her school supplies, that Gertie had no fear of joining the group forming. Truth be told, she wasn’t the type to fear large social interactions. “Hi! My name’s Gertrude Adelwood but you can call me Gertie!” She introduced herself suddenly inserting herself into the group. Perhaps they were her classmates. Wouldn’t that be fun?

Wearing: Casual T-shirt & Shorts

With: Mum, Anandi, Aine & Theodotus

OOC: Wand... 11½ Inch, Apple Wood, Peacock Feather Core, with a Pliant Flexibility

Cara MiaKitty
Devlyn Maycry
Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:28 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOllivander's
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFather
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

whєn r σ m є ' s ín r u í n, wє αrє thє l í σ n s frєє σf thє cσlís є u m s xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ín p σ í s σ n plαcєs, wє αrє αntí-v є n σ m - wє'rє thє вє g í n níng σf thє є n d xxxxxxxxx
                                                          tσníght, thє fσхєs h u n t thє h σ u n d s, ít's αll σ v є r nσw xxxxxx
                                                          в є f σ r є ít hαs в є g u n, wє'vє α l r є α d ч w σ n xxx

spaceAnandi blinked when the door burst open behind her, another girl who looked around her age running inside and immediately calling for 'Uncle Damien', who Anandi assumed worked in the shop. She was closely followed by a boy who looked about their age as well, but seemed decidedly less interested in the shop. Not getting a wand, or was he more like her, and didn't exactly see the big deal? Before she could think too hard on the subject, another girl entered as well. The first girl introduced herself, rather enthusiastically, followed by her brother and the redhead. Anandi offered a polite smile, taking the Aine's hand. "Anandi Chahal," she said, addressing everyone. "I don't really have a nickname. Sometimes my mother calls me Anan?" She shrugged, and gestured to her father. "This is my Papa, Nirav." She glanced up in time to see her father offering the kids a polite smile, and then a noise from the back of the store drew her attention.

spaceDark eyes looked up to see a man enter the main room of the shop. He smiled and waved at the small group, grabbing a wand box off the counter and handing it to Aine. "Eleven inches, alder with leprechaun hair," he recited easily, ruffling the girl's hair slightly. "S'been waiting on the counter for you all week." Anandi was confused, until she recalled that Aine had called for an 'Uncle Damien'. This must be him, then. He ruffled Theo's hair next, and squeezed the boy's shoulder gently before turning his attention to Anandi and Gertie. "Hullo, Damien Edgeworth. Who was here first?"

spaceNirav stepped slightly forward, offering his hand now that there was another adult in the room. "Nirav Chahal, my daughter Anandi and I arrived first," he said pleasantly.

spaceAnandi noticed an odd light in the man's eye at her father's name; perhaps he'd read one of Papa's books, she supposed. There was an odd quirk to his smile as he shook Nirav's hand. But, it didn't matter, she supposed, unless he were to share whatever was on his mind with the rest of them. Instead, he gestured for Anandi to step forward. She did so, and immediately assumed a proper position for him to measure her, knowing that's what he was doing. Sure enough, a flick of his wand set a little tape measure to to flitting about her shoulders and arms. "Are you left or right-handed, Anandi?" he asked.

space"I'm ambidextrous," she answered easily. "but I usually use my left. Papa's left-handed." Anandi's father had usually been the one she sat next to or observed writing, so she'd defaulted to mimicking him. Damien nodded, looking at her thoughtfully. He vanished for a brief moment, then returned with a few boxes in hand.

spaceThe wandmaker considered her for a moment, then took one of the wands, handing it to her carefully. "Ten inches, walnut with unicorn hair," he told her. She took it, and gave it a quick wave. Perhaps too quick; there was an odd, obnoxious screeching sound that tore through the air. She winced, and handed it back with a shake of her head. He gave a small, odd smile, almost apologetic, which she didn't understand. She wasn't family, so there was no reason he'd know what to give her right off the bat. "Sorry about that," he said, handing her another. "You did get a reaction, though, so we're on the right track. Try this, nine and three-quarter inches, black walnut with unicorn hair."

spaceAnandi took the wand and, with slightly more caution, she waved it. There was no screeching this time, thankfully, but instead a pleasant sort of hum, one that reminded her of the music her grandparents listened to as the slept. The line of her movement was followed with a shower of warm light. She smiled. "This is it, then, yes?" she asked.

spaceMr. Edgeworth nodded, glancing at Nirav. "That would be it, yes. The price on that one will be 17 galleons." Her papa nodded, and handed the money off to Damien with a smile.

spaceAnandi smiled pleasantly, handing the wand back so that it could be boxed back up. She then turned to Aine. "Did you wave yours? I didn't see, did it do anything?" she asked curiously. Mr. Edgeworth seemed fairly certain that his assessment had been correct. For all she knew, he'd made that wand specifically for his niece. If that were the case, she could only imagine what sort of reaction it might've had.

xxx cσmє σ n, mαkє ít є α s ч, sαч í n є v є r mαttєrєd
                                                          xxxxxx r u n ít up thє f l α g p σ l є - wє wíll t є α c h чσu
                                                          xxxxxxxxx hσw tσ mαkє вσчs n є х t d σ σ r σut σf αss h σ l є s
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx wє αrє w í l d - wє αrє líkє ч σ u n g v σ l c α n σ є s

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

murruelecreuset

Devlyn Maycry

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:39 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop - Main Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGertie (and others)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy

spaceDamien was weirdly zen today; he supposed it was only fair, since Seth wasn't around the shop as much to bring his own relaxed nature in. His cousin was busy with wedding planning, and Damien didn't envy him the least. He was glad his own wedding was long since out of the way. Normally, this time of year was almost as stressful as that had been, with students popping in and out and always seeming to congregate very suddenly in impossibly large groups, only for the shop to somehow be dead the rest of the day. It was baffling. But, in spite of that, he was still rather happy to be here. He always did love this part of his job... Well, he loved every part of his job. But this part was different.

spacePleased with his quick assessment of the first young girl, he turned to the next customers. He offered the pair a polite smile, shaking the mother's hand and introducing himself. She was a tad awkward, he noticed, but it didn't really matter much overall. He shifted his focus onto the child. "And your name is?" he asked, gesturing for the young girl to step forward for her measurements as Anandi had. "Right or left-handed?" By now, this part of his job was old hat. It was the wand selection that was really fun. He was getting rather good at it, too, if he did say so himself.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

murruelecreuset

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

I can see your eyes turning blue
                                                            I can see the
                                                            weather changing you
                                                            Cold
                                                            summers one after the other
                                                            Got old fast, grew
                                                            tired of each other
                                                            Proud sleepless child,
                                                            followed her

Aine grinned at the girl as she introduced herself and her father by name. Weird, she never called her mum and mama by their names. They were just Mum and Mama..... She shrugged it off figuring she was probably the weird one. Maybe it had something to do with being adopted so she felt like she had to be part of the family in that kind of way. She shrugged it off and was about to reply when Uncle Damien finally appeared to hand her her wand. She grinned excitedly. She knew it! She knew he'd have one waiting for her! "Leprechaun 'air? its cuz I'm Oirish innit?" She said with a laugh, before opening the box and taking out the wand. It was beautiful! It was a pretty coppery color, and she couldn't help but giggle at a small little kink in the wood making it bent! Imperfect just like her!

Aine was about to swish it around and see what happened, but she was distracted by Nirav's formality. She raised an eyebrow at it, very confused. Who talked like that anymore? It was weird. She said nothing though, and watched Anandi's process of getting her wand. It was fun to watch, and part of her was sad that she wouldn't get to see any bangs or explosions because her wand was specifically made for her.

Anandi asked about her wand, and she blinked. "Ah roi! I shud prove Uncle Damien knows me well 'uh?" She said with a laugh. She swished her wand and grinned at the springy feeling she got from it. With the movement a soft gust of warm air surrounded her and the people around her and the delightful scent of vanilla and coconut came with it. "Gorse!" She exclaimed with delight. It was one thing she remembered fondly of her childhood... Gorse Bushes covered practically all of the neighborhood she grew up in and smelled delightful almost all year long... but she always related the smell to the warmth of spring and new growth. She did miss Ireland sometimes... but she was happy in England as well. And the school was in... Scotland... so it seemed she would be well traveled of all of the UK soon. She smiled at Anandi before turning to watch her uncle assess the other girl in the shop.

"Next year i'll come witcha ter git yer wan' Dot!" She said grinning at her little brother. She couldn't wait for him to also be at Hogwarts. Hopefully they'd be sorted into the same house together! Both her parents were Hufflepuffs... but she wasn't sure she was that. And her Mama always said she was more a Gryffindor at heart....

It's getting harder to find it in me
                                                            I scab my
                                                            wounds and fall asleep
                                                            But now, but now
                                                            can be
                                                            Falling
                                                            down
                                                            Filling, filling the empty

Cara MiaKitty

murruelecreuset

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:00 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn
First Year Unsorted

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 11 years old...

“Nice to meet’cha!” Gertie said to the group brightly. It was always nice to meet new people. When the wand maker person came out the red head looked over curiously. This was the guy who would give her, her wand. She was so excited! But she’d have to wait her turn. Seeing the girl named Aine get her wand it sounded pretty cool. “Leprechaun hair! That’s amazing!” Gertie said with a big bright smile. It sounded so cool. Maybe she’d get a wand like that!

It was then Anandi’s turn to get her wand. Gertie wondered what kind of wand she’d get. Would it be similar to the other few wands she’d heard of? Watching curiously Gertie couldn’t wait to see what Anandi would bet for a wand. Watching as the Mr. Edgeworth gave the girl a walnut and unicorn hair wand, she watched as she gave it a wave. As it turned out that wasn’t the wand for her because an obnoxious screeching sounded through the shop. It made Gertie cover her ears. It wasn’t pleasant.

Apparently they were on the right track. Gertie didn’t know how but he was the expert. Wasn’t he? Trying a black walnut and unicorn hair wand, the eleven year old had no idea what the actual difference was. Though, there apparently was one. Instead of the screeching a soft hum was heard. That was pretty specially with the light. That had to be it then! “Wow!” Gertie managed to get out before Anandi’s dad went on to pay Mr. Edgeworth.

As Anandi asked Aine about whether she waved her wand, Gertie stepped up to the counter. It was finally her turn. She had waited patiently and now it was her turn. “My name’s Gertie Adelwood, nice to meet you Mr. Edgeworth.” She greeted him with a bright cheery smile. “I’m right handed.” She added trying hard not to be to hyped-up that she was bouncing on the spot. She had to be patient and stay still. As she waited for her wand, she felt a breeze and a delicious smell. “Where’d that smell come from?” Gertie questioned looking around. “That came from your wand?” She questioned Aine curiously. What if her wand did something like that?!

Wearing: Casual T-shirt & Shorts

With: Mum, Mr. Edgeworth, Anandi, Mr. Chahal, Aine & Theodotus

OOC: Wand... 11½ Inch, Apple Wood, Peacock Feather Core, with a Pliant Flexibility

Cara MiaKitty
Devlyn Maycry
Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:58 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop - Main Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGertie (and others)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy

spaceDamien contained the urge to snicker at the girl's collective amusement over the wands. It never failed to amuse him, no matter how many times he'd seen it. He hoped that never changed, because it was one of the best parts of his job. Making note of Gertie's measurements, he disappeared once again behind the shelves, looking them over with a thoughtful expression. He had them all organized very specifically, so it wasn't hard to locate any particular thing once he had an idea in mind. After a moment of consideration, he grabbed a few, then rounded the corner back to the main area of the shop. He unboxed a wand, and handed it to the young lady. "Give this a try. Ten inches, chestnut with unicorn hair," he told her easily. He was fairly certain it wasn't a match, but the reaction (or lack thereof) with the components would at least grant him some insight. He had a feeling he was close, but not quite as close as he had been with Anandi's.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

murruelecreuset

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas