Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × Ollivander's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 8:19 pm
gaia_angelleft Flick Winchester gaia_angelright
Unsorted First Year
Clubs will be Here

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Just be yourself - there is no one better."

Flick had just had time at MagiScouts with Miss Aspen, and Uncle Nim had picked him up and said they were going on a special journey. Months prior, Wren had asked if Flick wanted to buy a pre-made wand, or to have a wand made specifically for them - Flick asked if Wren could make the wand. He said he would try. Based on the time of year and the direction they were headed - Flick could only assume they were going to do one thing.

"Uncle Nim, why are you taking me to get my wand, when Uncle Wren already lives here? Couldn't he just bring my wand home? He knows me well enough. I don't think we need to test it. What if the wand decides it hates me? WHAT IF THE WIZARDING WORLD SAYS IM NOT WORTH THEM.” Flick began grumbling about how maybe they shouldn't go to Hogwarts, a long discussion and slight disagreement they had with Wren and Nim. Flick frowned, why'd they have to go to the Diagon Alley branch of Ollivanders - if they had gone to Hogsmeade Flick could have gone and spent more time with Roxie (Who he had already spent hours with during MagiScouts, but playing was more fun than serious school business).

They walked into Ollivanders together, Flick taking Nim's hand in nervousness - what if this went really badly? Uncle Wren hadn't asked Flick anything in terms of setting the wand up, he'd just been really weird lately having Flick pick out this or that. Sharing random things about random items. Wren was just...such an old fart.

"Conceal. Don't Feel. Don't let them know."

Setting: Olllivanders
Thinking about: This could be bad
Description: 4'4" Tall; Black hair; Hazel Eyes

addaellis

trickblues

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:15 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

24 years || Slytherin alum || pureblood legilimens
Apprentice WandmakerxxxxxxHead of Family
xxxxxxxxOllivander'sxxxxxxxxxxxWinchester Foundation

Wren was in the back, securing the day's earnings from the register and getting ready to get out on time. He sighed at the bell as it rang. Damnit. This time though, Dunce leapt off her stool and padded out to the front where she promptly meowed and greeted Nim and Flick by running around their legs and bumping her head against their shins.

”Coming, coming,” Wren muttered, knowing by Dunce’s reaction probably who this was. He had meant to prank Flick a bit, let them get the whole wand experience. But as he locked things away he overheard Flick worrying to Nim and picked up just two wands for them to try– one that he had made specifically with them in mind and one which he had found deep in the stores but seemed like a potentially great match.

”Because wandmaking is a practice," Wren explained, emerging into the shopfront. "and even if I’m making a wand that’s made specifically for you, something might happen. The shop has a bunch of wands just in case, and one of those might work better for you. Plus this way if something explodes it’s just in the shop, and my house is safe.” He added the last part with a playful ruffle of Flick's hair and flicked Nim's shoulder in greeting.

He’d gone through the whole tape measure shenanigans with Flick a few months ago–not to mention a bunch of observations, having them feel out between similar cores or woods, hold different dowels to get a good idea of what kind of carving to do, -- a bunch of seemingly trivial things that Wren used to get the exact combination.

Usually he’d list off the properties of the wands as they were presented and did so sequentially instead of presenting all the options he was thinking at once, but Wren also liked to play a game when the person involved knew something about the wand already. So instead, Wren uncovered both wands:

The first was a pale brown wand. The handle was smooth and plain. Perfectly rounded at the handle, the main body of the wand was angular– from the sides, the blade of the wand seemed to split apart and the light brown of the surface wood formed a neat lattice pattern up to the tip where everything came together again in a light tan colour. Underneath the lattice, a light layer of iridescent varnish had been carefully applied over the paler heartwood.

The second featured a remarkable gradient: the rounded diamond at the end of the handle was a rich golden brown, but turned to a deeper and then lighter brown that faded to a tan, almost white, tip. The entire wand was smooth and straight aside from a few decorative divots, but the way the colours swirled around each other gave the wand the appearance of twists in the wood, with one spot in the handle being so detailed as to resemble a knot in the wood.

Both wands were rather short but well-balanced, a solid but bendable weight. Wren pushed them towards Flick, curious which one they would try first. ”Go on, just pick one up and give it a wave.”

setting Work. Late Summer 2059 || with Nim-kit and Flick-kit
appearance 5'8", quite fit || wearing Black
status a cross between proud dad and proud wandmaker vibes

Trickblues

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:09 pm
gaia_angelleft Flick Winchester gaia_angelright
Unsorted First Year
Clubs will be Here

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Just be yourself - there is no one better."

Flick picked up the second wand, after she had stuck her tongue out at Wren. She noticed he didn't say which wand he had made. She had hoped she didn't pick up the wrong one, and break his heart. She tapped the wand against the counter and it let out a small bit of silver sparks. "Is that what having a wand feels like? If it makes sparkles does that make it mine?"

She put it down and reached for the First wand, looking toward Wren if that was acceptable. She picked it up and Ould feel...something. She tapped it on the counter, and a variety of colors came out. "I think this one is it.” She held it in her hand and rolled it back and forth, then pointed the tip toward her face examining it, "What's it made of? Why did you choose those things? Can I make magic on my own now? Can I go show Roxie and Jules and Uriel before we go home?” She shot out all her questions without taking a breath. Then she frowned and whispered, "Did you make this one Wren?”
"”

"Conceal. Don't Feel. Don't let them know."

Setting: Olllivanders
Thinking about: I hope Wren is okay
Description: 4'4" Tall; Black hair; Hazel Eyes
OOC: I don't accept summer is over

addaellis

trickblues

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:21 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

24 years || Slytherin alum || pureblood legilimens

Flick stuck their tongue out at Wren’s comments, to which he smirked as Wren couldn’t really whap them while holding wands. They reached out for the second wand and Wren set the other aside, rattling off the statistics: ”Nine and a quarter inches, hazel and hippogryff feather, surprisingly pliant.”

They seemed a bit nervous, but chose to tap the wand against the counter as though trying to cast a spell on the wood. The wand let off a few sparkles. Huh. Not terrible, but Flick still seemed unsure, asking if that was what having a wand was for.

”You’ll know when it’s right,” Wren replied. He nodded when they looked for permission to try the other. Ah. This was it. Wren smiled confidently as Flick once more tapped it on the counter. They recognized it as well, and that confirmed it:

"I think this one is it.”

”Damned well better be,” Wren chuckled. He felt a sense of smugness at the interaction and how very neat it had been of an experience. A sense of pride welled up– pride as in a father whose child had just bonded with their first wand? Pride as a wandmaker whose creation had been chosen for the exact purpose it was made? Something of the sort perhaps. He tucked the other wand away, hoping it wouldn’t be another decade before it found a good witch or wizard to bond with.

Flick meanwhile, rolled it back forth, bursting anew with questions. Wren waited for the deluge to end before answering them. ” First, you could always make magic on your own. You don’t need a wand, much less your own to make magic. You are magic. A wand helps you direct your magic, like a paintbrush. When you’re first learning, it’s like a pet that helps you out, amplifying your abilities and helping to shape your magic. Your wand grows with you. Like a cat.

Why will take a bunch of time and wandlore to describe, but I’ve been watching and probing your mind since asking if you wanted me to make you one. Remember when we went to Lane--Uncle Jonah's house and I had you pick from a bunch of feathers? The one you finally picked is in that wand.”
He turned the box to the side to show Flick the characteristics marked on the box:.”Hazel wood and hippogriff feather core, nine inches and quite bendy.”

Wren shrugged, checked the time, and gave his wand short a well-practiced ”Flipendo,”, flipping the sign on the door precisely to the closed side. He glanced over at Nim, silently checking if Nim wanted to take Flick on the tour to show their friends. He could go get the other twerps and meet up somewhere. Maybe they could pick up dinner for Moira and Eion on the way.”Eh. I guess we can stop by Moira’s place. Wait for me.”

He went to put the rejecting wand back in the stores and check that everything was locked up and secure. When he got back, Dunce on his shoulder like a fuzzy shawl, Flick had yet another question. Wren made a scoffing grunt. ”’Course. You think all our wands are custom- crafted to look like a cross-section of pie? Not every twerp likes pie like you." Wren gave Flick another affectionate ruffle of the hair. "Any more questions?”

Even as he passed off the wand design as trivial, he shot a knowing glance to Nim, who had unfortunately had to listen every time Wren had messed up and snapped the more delicate parts of the latticework. Flick should have gotten their wand much earlier, but he’d broken it again while reinforcing the tip with varnish. He was pretty sure paying his master for materials had all but negated his salary for half the week. But it was worthwhile in the end-- he’d done all the breaking. Flick could cut an actual cake with that wand without damaging it.

"Now come here so I can teach you how to take care of your wand before you go showing all your friends."

setting Work. Late Summer 2059 || with Nim-kit and Flick-kit
status a cross between proud dad and proud wandmaker vibes

Trickblues

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:39 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Diagon Alley - Olivanders
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Declan McNamara
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Governess Duties
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is the best part!

Nora watched with a small grin as Declan examined about, before finding the first year kit and one of the little pewter cauldrons. He even gave a small look of longing toward the fancier, more professional cauldrons. "Excellent, let's head up to pay." As she sorted out the payment, Declan was looking over the list once more. He asked about robes, earning a small smile from the woman. "What a lovely idea. We'll go get you all measured, then while they're tailoring your new robes, we can visit the wand shop. I have a feeling you'll quite like it."

After she had paid, Nora led Declan over to Madame Malkins. She stood back as the boy got all measured up and ready. After that, she walked the boy over to her favorite shop in the whole alleyway. "Right this way, lamb. Up to the counter and they'll do a wonderful job. I'll be here as well, so don't worry." She gestured toward the counter, then dinged the shop bell before stepping to the side. Declan was already so enamored with this magical world, she couldn't wait to see which wand would best suit him.

{{Wearing :: Pretty Orange}}
AliceInWonderland0921

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Slug & Jiggers
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mrs Heulwen
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Time for Potion shopping!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Is it just like cooking?

After purchasing his potions equipment and ingredients, they headed off so he could be measured for his robes. The boy was smaller than most his age, something he was routinely picked on at school. But at least it meant less fabric for his robes. His father always assured him he'd grow, but Declan was sure he'd hit his limit. Finishing up the measurements, they headed to the wand shop. Declan was truthfully really looking forward to the wand selection process. He wasn't sure how to even know what wand he needed, but Nora seemed to know the process. She ushered him up to the counter and he nodded sheepishly. The store was lined practically wall to wall with boxes, some looking haphazardly stacked but he could see an odd organization to the chaos. After all the experiences he'd had today, he was starting to feel sleepy and knew that he'd sleep well tonight, dreaming of this magical school that he was going to be whisked away to.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

{OoC: 9 1/2 inch willow wood, snake scale core, smooth and springy}
          Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

AliceInWonderland0921

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:31 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

25 years || Slytherin alum || pureblood legilimens

The shop bell announced a customer at the door. After a couples seconds a tabby cat hopped onto the counter, meowing quietly as though in apology.

”I’ve got it,” Wren clicked his tongue with annoyance but set aside the wood he had been working with and informed his colleague/ future somehow relative in law when the bell rang. He was just carving–it was better than leaving cores unattended. He stretched his face and washed his hands. Dunce didn’t seem like she was making a racket, which meant he’d actually have to be half-professional about this. He checked his expression–eh, it wasn’t a scowl– before heading out to the front.

”Ah, good afternoon, Mrs. Heulwen,” Wren greeted, a passable smile sliding into pace as he noticed the young child at her side. Ah, so orphan or muggleborn, most probably, come for their first wand. He’d leave it to the governess for an introduction then. ”And who is this?”

setting Work. Spring/ Summer 2060 || with Governess Heulwen + a kid
status ah a first wand

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921

Tell me that you'll open your eyes
Get up, get out, get away from these liars
'Cause they don't get your soul or your fire
Take my hand, knot your fingers through mine
And we'll walk from this dark room for the last time

✧✦
"Open Your Eyes" by Snow Patrol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:12 am
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Diagon Alley - Olivanders
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Declan McNamara & Wren Winchester
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Governess Duties
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is the best part!

Nora watched for a moment as Declan looked around, a familiar cat on the front desk. Luckily, she knew the cat belonged to Wren, because she wasn't sure how well Declan would handle learning about animagi today. It was only another moment before one of the wandmakers stepped out. The woman sent over a kind smile, ready as ever. "Why hello, Wren, dear. Today, I've got Declan McNamara along. We're here for his very first wand before school this fall."

Nora rest her hand on the boy's shoulder, gently guiding him to the counter so Wren could take over. She knew he'd be well cared for. All the wandmakers here were perfectly lovely, and with their help, many a young witch and wizard were able to excel.

{{Wearing :: Pretty Orange}}
AliceInWonderland0921

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

Declan was a little startled when a cat jumped onto the counter, but he quickly recovered and reached out to pet the cat. However, when the gentleman came out from the back and greeted Nora, then asked who he was, Declan shrank down a little. "H....hello... sir. Y...yes, I need to p...purchase a wand," he said, stammering a little and making sure not to make eye contact. After all, this man was a professional and he deserved the respect afforded to someone in his position. Declan's years of conditioning was showing here. Nora guided him up to the counter and he stood there sheepishly, waiting for... whatever it was that they needed to do to select his wand.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:23 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Declan McNamara, skittish looking kid, seemed to shrink down to not make eye contact. Made sense. Getting a wand was an exciting part of the whole going to Hogwarts process. Dunce, who had been happily accepting pets, hopped down, putting a paw on the boy's foot as though in comfort. "Well you're in the right place, Mr. McNamara. Let's get you matched up with your wand."

He grabbed the tape measure from behind the counter. "This is going to fly around and get some measurements, while I ask you a few questions, alright?" He set the tape measure off and turned to the questions. "First off, are you left handed or right handed, Declan?"

setting Work. Spring/ Summer 2060 || with Governess Heulwen + Declan McNamara
appearance 5'8", average build || wearing Black
status ah a first wand

AliceInWonderland0921

✧✦

addaellis

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:51 pm
User ImageUser Image

The young boy nodded when the gentleman named Wren said he was going to measure him and ask him some questions. It was polite to make eye contact when someone was directly speaking with you, that much he knew. When asked if he was right or left handed, Declan looked up, his blue eyes sparkling. "Of course, sir. I was taught to write with my right hand, but I can do it with both. My mom said not to, though, because the Bible equates left-handedness with the Devil." He paused for a minute, then smirked and added, "But I like to write in my diary with my left hand." It was one of his little rebellions against his parents when he wrote with his left hand. Though, he supposed, for the wandmaker's question, the right hand would be what he needed to know.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:07 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Young Declan looked up when asked a question and Wren met his eyes-blue on blue. He needed only a moment.

Declan reported being ambidextrous despite his parents’ insistence that the left hand was of the devil. Declan’s mind seemed to confirm that— a bit of rebelliousness and mischief in his answer against a backdrop of tension trained into him. A tension between what was impressed upon him and a growing acceptance of the world around him. All very usual for a young child thrust into an unfamiliar world, but the way it fit together told Wren something.

Part of Wren thought the whole left hand was devilry thing hilarious, but then again he was —nominally at least— part of a church that didn’t give him too much grief about being married to another man, and a non-Christian at that. No doubt the McNamaras would find the entire congregation a boiling cauldron of devilry.

His sibling Robin, no doubt, would have more to say about the subject but Wren bit back a sarcastic comment about left handedness being the eleventh commandment, right there next to obey your parents and don’t do murder, settling for an amused “Keeping both hands practice, heh?”

He could go down the list of usual suspects and find more to ask about, but Wren already had an idea of what he wanted to try. He searched the shelves for a moment before returning, by the time the tape measure was measuring the distance between different parts on his head. Wren snapped his fingers and the tape measure rolled itself up on the counter.. He opened the box and offered a light brown wand with a decorative braided cord to the young boy.

“Let’s give this a try then. 10 inches, pliant larch wood with unicorn hair core. Give it a wave.”

status ah a first wand

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921

✧✦

addaellis

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Ollivander's
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Nora and Wren
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Wands!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Just a wave?

His curious mind wandered through various scenarios while he watched the nice shop keep look through the wand selection before withdrawing one. Declan glanced back at Nora then looked back as he opened the box and handed him a wand. Wren explained what the wand was, a ten inch one made of larch with a unicorn hair core. Of course, Declan had absolutely no idea what any of that meant, but he was excited to try. He took the wand and held it in his hand, looking it over. Then, as instructed, he gave it a wave. It made some sparks when he waved it, but not much else. At least, that was until a foul smell filled the room around him. He wrinkled his nose and then covered it with the sleeve of his jacket. "Ewww," he whined, then added, "Is that normal?" He tried to fan away the smell but it seemed to linger around him, clinging to everything around him.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:19 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

At first, when Declan waved the wand, sparks had flown. It certainly wasn't the unmistakable sparks of wand finding their bonded wizard, but it was a pretty good one. Then an absolutely awful smell filled the room, like a dungbomb was oozing out of the wand."Nope, certainly not." he remarked before uttering a spell to deal with the odor. The rancid stink started clearing out as he went back to searching.

The wand hadn't been a terrible match at first. But the after-effect had been rancid--literally. That meant something. Wren considered the mind he had glimpsed, hunting for details that would help narrow the selection even further. Wands for encouragement and acceptance...for...healing?..... He wasn't really sure where the idea had come from, but Wren had also been doing legilimency and divination for long enough to know that the unconscious mind would pick things up that his conscious mind hadn't quite caught up to, so when he found himself looking for wand cores preferred by healers, he ran with it. Wands for...healing.....

He was back after a moment with another offering, pale and smooth. “Let's go willow and and snake scale this time. Slightly shorter at 9.5 inches, and slightly less flexible, but still springy. Same idea, give it a wave."

status ah a first wand

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921

✧✦

addaellis

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Ollivander's
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Nora and Wren
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Wands!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Just a wave?

His nose was wrinkled against the smell, until Wren went and dispelled the stink, much to the appreciation of Declan's nose. He took the wand back and said it was certainly not the correct match. Then the wandmaker seemed to consider the decisions again before selecting another wand from the shelf. Willow and... snake scale? Like... slithery snakes? That creeped Declan out a little. Slightly short... just like me... The proffered wand was a darker color than the previous one and a lot smoother than it as well. Carefully Declan took the wand from the box. Almost instantly, he felt a rush of something, like a powerful breeze blowing over him. Gripping the wand tightly for fear it might blow from his hand, he gave it a wave. A breeze did emanate from the wand, giving a gentle breath of warm air about the shop. The wand itself seemed to give off a light glow and then rainbow sparks shot out. Declan had a huge smile on his face as he watched the fireworks, then glanced up at the wandmaker. "It feels so warm in my hand!" he exclaimed, smiling happily. The glow died down almost immediately, but that rush of power in him didn't, leaving him feeling warm inside. "Is... is this it, sir?" he asked, still smiling at the feeling it was generating inside him.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items