Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × Ollivander's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:51 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              ѕιnce we мeт ι ғeel a lιgнтneѕѕ ιn мy ѕтep
                                              yoυ're мιleѕ away вυт ι ѕтιll ғeel yoυ
                                              laтe aт nιgнт wнen yoυ can'т ғall aѕleep
                                              ι'll вe lyιng rιgнт вeѕιde yoυ coυnтιng ѕнeep

spaceDamien took the wand back from the boy, shaking his head. "No I should say not, but it wasn't as bad as it could've been. We're off to a good start," he said cheerfully, considering his options for a moment before taking another wand from the stack. "Here. Holly again, this time with porlock hair. Twelve and three-quarter inches." The reaction meant that the core was off, but the wood might still be right. Hopefully, if he'd gotten the core correctly this time, there would be a better reaction. Of course, he still might be off, but close, with the wood. They'd just have to see.

anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are - anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are
                                              yoυ're тнe ғιre and тнe ғlood and ι'll alwayѕ ғeel yoυ ιn мy вlood
                                              everyтнιng ιѕ ғιne wнen yoυr нead'ѕ reѕтιng neхт тo мιne
                                              now lιѕтen нere, ѕнe ѕaιd, вoy wнen yoυ ĸnow yoυ'll ĸnow, and ι ĸnow

wнere - Shop - Front Counter
                                              wнen - Summer 2043
                                              wιтн - Vincent

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:42 am
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny watched as Mr. Damian went to a differant wand box. The wood was the same but it had differant insides. He wondered how he knew which core or wood to try. It most certainly wasn't all trial and error. There was a method to the madness as his grandma would say. He took this wand and hoped for a better reaction. Waving it cause a less suprising bang, well more of a few quick pops and a close by piles of boxed fell in far too many directions. This didn't seem like a good reaction. "I'm sorry about the boxes I can pick them up but, it dosen't feel like this wand is a winner." Vinny said ready to pass it back. Third times a charm, right?

(3 tries if your willing and its 15.75 in Fir with Porlock Hair, Pliable with a Knobby shaft)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

Cara MiaKitty

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:07 pm
User Image

A world that sends you reeling
                                                    From decimated dreams
                                                    Your misery and hate will kill us all
                                                    So paint it black, and take it back
                                                    Let's shout it loud and clear, defiant to the end

Ollie was glad Jarrett was wholly disinterested in Ollie's wand shopping. He already had to suffer most of the trip with Jarrett so when Jarrett commandeered the parents Ollie was here with the nanny. He pushed open the door to the shoo and looked around as he went to the counter were there was an adult. "Hello sir? May I get a wand?" He said meekly before a gentle nudge from the nanny "-Please?" He hoped they be able to get one today.

((Ooc 13" Silver Lime, Unicorn Hair, Supple with a Spiraled shaft, 2 tries))

Do or die, you'll never make me
                                                              Because the world will never take my heart
                                                              You can try, you'll never break me
                                                              We wanna all, we want to play this part

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:15 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Ollivanders
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Phoenix, Shopkeeps
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Wand Choosing
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? How is he already 11?

Nora was quite excited for the day. Not quite busy summer yet, but enough to make it feel like a traditional shop. Today she was taking Phee, her youngest, to gather his school supplies, and honestly she was having mixed feelings. On one hand, she was very proud of all her kids as they grew older, but it was sad to think all her kids would soon be off at school or... heaven forbid, graduated and on her own. On the other hand, she just wanted a little longer of having her babies - all of them - to hold tight.

Once they were ready for the day, bellies full from breakfast, Nora took Phee and apparated him to Diagon Alley, prepared to do as she did with all the kids, their first official shop as a one-on-one thing, then another big family shop later in the summer. With Phee, she'd opted to bring him early, to help avoid the brunt of the crowds. "Alright, lamb, to Ollivanders first? It's the most fun part! And I think you'll quite like it!" Gaining approval, Nora led her quiet son into the aforementioned shop. Letting him have a moment, she went to the counter to summon one of the people here. Of course, she knew them well from her work as a Governess, but it was always different when it was her own child!

[quote="Kungfudemoness"

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here

Phee was such a bag of mixed feeling, most of them good. He enjoyed the big breakfast. It was going to be a big day! so he was excited he would get to go to Hogwarts like the rest of the family had. But first, they needed to get the school supplies. He wanted to get his wand first as he had already read the book Sissy had gotten for him about wands and wanted one to call his own. The toy wand Daddy made him was nice but he wanted one that let him do all the cool magic he read about!

When they agreed got to the wand shop Phee stuck close to Mama. The shop seemed small in the front but Phee could see little wand boxes. So many wands! And one was his! How long would this take? He knew there was a way to figure it out but that part of his book was still a bit confusing for him. Mama called for one of the shopkeeps making phee slightly hide behind her. He could still be seen but he felt safer this way when it came to strange people in a new place.

10in Hawthorn with Demiguise Hair core, Swishy with a Slightly Bent shaft

2 tries

I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
                                                                              I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
                                                                              And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
                                                                              And breakaway

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

null

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:52 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceDamien was beginning to cherish the Summertime, with Gideon all grown up and Lucia off at school. Things at home were too quiet during the year, and work was slow at the same time. It left him with entirely too much time on his hands. The sheer number of wands he'd made in the past few years since his daughter started Hogwarts was staggering. The shop and house had been cleaned top to bottom and rearranged and redecorated so many times, he was pretty sure Marina would kill him if she so much as saw him looking at an ottoman. He needed a proper hobby, probably. But for now, it was Summer, and his daughter was home and his shop was as busy as it ever got.

spaceStill, the wizarding community was hardly full to bursting with children, and wands were (hopefully) a one-time purchase for most. So by this point, the sound of the bell tinkling over his door was the most welcome sound in the world, aside from his wife's voice and his children's laughter. It was weird to think that he had a full-grown son; he hardly felt old enough. Sighing, he heaved himself up from the table in the back and made his way to the front counter, a kind smile on his face.
                                              "Afternoon," he greeted with a wave, recognizing one of the Hogwarts governors. Her charge looked shy, but then, most of them did. "Lovely to see you, Nora. Who's this?" Damien waited patiently for an introduction, having learned by now that launching into the whole... ordeal, could be off-putting for the nervous ones. Better to let the adult who wasn't as much of a stranger do most of the talking.

wнere - Shop - Front Room
                                              wнen - Summer 2050
                                              wιтн - Customers
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

Miss GryffindorK

Kungfudemoness

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:25 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Ollivanders
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Phoenix, Shopkeeps
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Wand Choosing
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? It's always nice to see the shopkeeps and craftsmen every summer...

When Phee hid behind her, Nora set her hand gently on his shoulder, using her thumb to gently rub his cheek. It always worked to calm Nani when she was a wee child, anyway. After stepping forward to try and summon a shopkeep, Damian greeted her kindly, taking a moment to ask who she'd brought with her. It was a valid question, since she typically brought muggleborns and other students that might need a governess. "Why hello, Damien! It's lovely to see you." She looked down at the blonde with her, hoping she could gently coax him out a bit more into the open. "This one is one of my own, actually. Phoenix here is my youngest, and he's quite excited to get his wand." She moved, gently pressing a kiss to the top of Phee's head. "Phee, darling, this is Damien. He's one of the finest wandmakers you'll ever meet. I think he'll be able to help you find the perfect wand. But don't worry, I'll be just here, okay? Just right here."

Kungfudemoness"[/quote]
[quote="Cara MiaKitty

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:46 pm

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here

Phee appreciated the soothing from Mama, and she was friendly with this stranger so he was a good stranger! He knew if he wanted his wand he would have to be brave. it would have help having scrappy but he was a big boy now and couldn't take Scrappy everywhere. Mama was nearby as well so he shouldn't have to worry. "I've read a lot about wands from my book but I don't know a whole lot yet. Can you help me find one? I know it got to like me hopefully one does... " Phee said nervously. He was pretty soft-spoken most of the time especially when nervous which was about seventy-five percent of his day. He was still not keen on strangers touching him but he was better he hardly flinched anymore! Hopefully, this was a relatively hands-off ordeal.

10in Hawthorn with Demiguise Hair core, Swishy with a Slightly Bent shaft

2 tries

I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
                                                                              I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
                                                                              And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
                                                                              And breakaway

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

null

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:14 pm
❅ "Mattie" ❅ Matilda Rose Harper ❅
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx❅Unsorted First Year Hogwarts Student ❅ Muggleborn ❅ Little Sister ❅ Fighter and Dreamer❅
Time: Summer 2051
Company: Eden Harper
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Witch. Witch. Witch. You are a witch. Mattie didn't think she would tire of those five letters put together to voice the most beautiful description of herself she could imagine. She, Matilda Rose Harper "Mattie", was a witch. She was magical just like her brother, her only friend. Moving around a lot with her family, regardless of her classmates just not liking her, made having friends difficult. Ever since Eden got to go away to Hogwarts for being a wizard, their parents had turned their attention to curating Mattie's education, extracurriculars, behavior, and of course posture at every given moment. It was exhausting and she was over it. Maybe, just maybe, she wanted to not be perfect. Maybe she wanted to get a B with her As just once to see how it felt. Maybe she wanted to not sit against a broomstick for hours if she slumped at the computer. Just maybe she wanted to have an opinion for herself.

To be honest being magical wasn't the true magic of the situation for Mattie, the freedom of being away at a boarding school away from Ma'am and Sir most of the year was the real magic. And, of course, getting to see Eden regularly again. However, as Eden led the way and introduced her to Diagon Alley and shared about Hogwarts, Quidditch (now that sounded fun), Dueling (even more fun), and a girlfriend. Mattie had teased him a little about not letting Sir or Ma'am find out about the girlfriend too soon since she would be considered a distraction, but besides the distraction concerns their parents would have, Mattie was worried if she was a bit wrong about Hogwarts. Just maybe her big brother wouldn't have time for his kid sister because of this girlfriend. Mattie wanted to dislike the girlfriend already even if she knew that was unfair and unkind.

Deciding not to ruin her day with Eden sans Sir and Ma'am, Mattie cheerfully followed Eden through Diagon Alley. She was happy in her yellow floral sundress with bike shorts underneath and combat boots, stopping to enjoy herself freely to admire everything from owls in the window to a bookstore featuring two monster books dueling to the death in a birdcage. Eden seemed to feel getting Mattie's wand first was most important. At the thought of getting her own wand immediately focused her attention. Arms folded behind her back, she marched a step behind Eden trying not to grin so big. Her wand was to be her weapon in this new world and anyone knew you never abandoned your weapon. Wands were not standard issue either. Mattie forgot exactly the specs on her brother's wand, but she wondered if hers would be like his. Whatever wand she was paired with, Mattie wanted a strong one that would be good for her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵃʷ ᵐᵉ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵏⁿᵉʷ ❅ ᴵ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵃˡˡ ᵘᵖ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ❅ ᴬ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰⁱˢ, ᵃ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ❅
                                                ᴬⁿᵈ ⁿᵒʷ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵗᵒᵒ ˡᵃᵗᵉ ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵉᵉ ❅ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ'ᵛᵉ ʰᵉˡᵖᵉᵈ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵈ ʷᵃⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ❅
                                                ᴮᵘᵗ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ⁿᵒᵗⁱᶜᵉˢ ᵘⁿᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵗᵒᵒ ❅ ᴸᵃᵗᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵒ ᵃⁿʸᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ
                                                {OoC: }
                                                addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:04 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fourth year || Hufflepuff || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club beginner || Quidditch reserve

Mattie was a witch!

Over the last three years, Eden had written a few wistful “if you’re a witch we’d study by the lake/ practice quidditch/ complain about Herbology together” letters. Particularly in the first two years when he hadn’t made many friends, he had daydreamed a bit between the reports on classes and anecdotes on his classmates. But now his little sister and best friend was going to be at Hogwarts! She was joining him at Hogwarts!

As soon as he’d known, Eden had drawn up a budget based on prices in Hogsmeade (plus some extra for lunch and miscellaneous things). As acknowledgment, Charles and Juliet Harper had been deemed Eden responsible and knowledgeable enough to take Mattie shopping for her school supplies, which meant an entire day to hang out. After a quick stop at Gringotts to convert their money and armed with a decent sum for both their supplies this year, Eden was pointing out everything excitedly. He blushed a little when Mattie teased him about having a girlfriend.

”Distraction, I wish. We mostly just study or swim,” he sighed, almost resignedly. Then a little blush tinged his skin-- summer would be better for distractions though, and he had a perfect idea, if he could just find an excuse for a day away from home. ”Sorry I didn’t tell you earlier--couldn’t risk Sir and Mum finding out that way. But I told you as soon as I got back! And you know all the stories-- She’s my friend Weslyn! Actually, if plans line up, we'll be able to meet her and her brothers for lunch.”

Eden was a little nervous that Mattie and Wes might not adore each other, but he was too excited for that now. Besides, they had arrived. He tugged open the door. ”More on that later. First stop, Ollivander’s. This will be the single most important purchase today. Everything else, from brooms to caldrons to books you can borrow or replace, but your wand is uniquely yours and irreplaceable. We cannot skimp on the wand.”

He pulled his own--rigid, 10 inches of two-toned willow and hippogryff feather-- out of the jacket pocket he relied on--at least until he got a nice wand holster after this. ”Each wand has different properties. Like I think willow wood is good for healing magic, which might explain why healing's one of my better subjects right now. Huh. Anyways, but not even mine won’t give you the same results as yours would, and some wands won’t even work for people who aren't their owner.”

He figured he ought to leave the rest of the lecture for someone who actually knew something about wands though, and turned his attention to glancing around the shop, wondering if the attendant that had been here when he had gotten his own wand a few years ago was here today. ”Excuse me? Hullo.”

setting Ollivanders, Early summer 2051 || with Mattie
appearance 5’1”, 125 lbs || wearing Dark jacket and shirt, beige pants
status Excited for Mattie getting her wand and wondering what she'll be matched with

I'm guessing at least one try before the actual one, which is:
Springy, 13 1/3 inch long, Hawthorn wand, with a Griffin Hair Core, and a Spiraled Shaft

please defer to mc2 about how many tries before the actual though!

mc2

Cara MiaKitty

DiamondWales

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I would die
Without regret, I’d offer up my life
With zero reservations
I would fly
Into the sun
If that would keep our dream alive
♖♜
~"Hero" from RWBY, sung by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:04 am
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx❅Unsorted First Year Hogwarts Student ❅ Muggleborn ❅ Little Sister ❅ Fighter and Dreamer❅

Mattie rolled her eyes at her brother's claims that his girlfriend was not a distraction. She knew for sure that their parents would disagree. "Lunch?" Mattie said, taken back, "with her and her brothers..." The idea made her nervous but she chose not to say anything on it. The last thing she wanted to do was hold Eden back. She knew how structured even their summers was and if this lunch was important for Eden, it was important to her too.

"Absolutely," Mattie agreed about the wand and simplified it with, "The wand and you are this forever-bond, right?" She had been doing her best to read up from Eden's books to prepare herself as much as possible. Preparation was half the battle. Mattie smiled as she folded her hands behind her back and leaned a bit closer to inspect Eden's wand after they arrived in the shop. It was elegant and strong in appearance. Mattie hoped her wand looked elegant and strong, but pretty too. She wondered if them being siblings would equate to similar wands. Like Eden said elements of one's wand helped you be better while going towards those who were better in certain subjects. A bit of a chicken or the egg situation.

"I think I heard Ma'am almost brag to me once about your healing scores, by the way," Mattie. "Almost." The truth was either of their parents even mentioning in pure acknowledgement of one of them doing well in something was equivalent to most parent's bragging. "Anyways, I'd like to think my wand wouldn't be so fickle as to just work for anybody."

She was inspecting a wand display as Eden called out for assistance. She hoped that someone would come soon. It would be embarrassing if they came during one of the shopkeeper's break or something.

ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵃʷ ᵐᵉ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵏⁿᵉʷ ❅ ᴵ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵃˡˡ ᵘᵖ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ❅ ᴬ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰⁱˢ, ᵃ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ❅
                                                ᴬⁿᵈ ⁿᵒʷ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵗᵒᵒ ˡᵃᵗᵉ ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵉᵉ ❅ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ'ᵛᵉ ʰᵉˡᵖᵉᵈ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵈ ʷᵃⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ❅

{OoC: 2 tries for Mattie's wand to be: A Springy, 13 1/3 inch long, Hawthorn wand, with a Griffin Hair Core, and a Spiraled Shaft / Quoted Mia and Loki for same reason as Adda}
                                                addaellis

CaraMiaKitty

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceDamien entered the front room of the shop at the sound of the bell and a pair of voices, carefully dusting his hands off on a towel behind the counter before he approached. Once he was certain that they were free of any residue from his work in the back (and he really needed to stop working through his lunch break), he grinned at the pair. The boy, he recognized vaguely, and could tell he was too old to be here for his own wand, anyway. Unless he'd broken it, of course, which was always possible, but doubtful. Those sorts of trips tended to be emergencies mid-school year, not during the Summer. Few kids could wait until the holiday to replace something so necessary.

spaceHe waved to the two kids, smiling gently. Neither seemed particularly nervous, which was good, but it never hurt to be soft with kids. Especially ones who didn't have parents accompanying them, but rather older siblings, which was his guess for these two. They might just be exceptionally independent, or they might not have parents who were willing or able to bring them along. Wasn't his business, anyway.
                                              "Hello, welcome to Ollivander's," he said. "My name is Damien, and I assume you," he paused, offering a handshake for the girl, "are here for your wand today. I'll be helping you out, now, why don't we start with you telling me, are you right, or left-handed?" He took out his own wand and gave it a wave, summoning his measuring tape.

wнen - Summer 2051
                                              wιтн - Customers
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

addaellis

mc2

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:28 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fourth year || Hufflepuff || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club beginner || Quidditch reserve

Eden stood a little straighter hearing Ma'am had acknowledged his healing scores. He had plenty of disappointing Es on his grades, and had already gotten lectured for bringing home As in three subjects. But his healing scores had been top-notch since starting the class, and this just bolstered his confidence a little.

He recognized the wandmaker that greeted him as the man that had found him his own wand and and nodded in greeting. ”Good afternoon Mr. Edgeworth, sir. Thank you again for my wand a few years ago,” he greeted, not realizing he was still holding his wand in demo. As he would with any other weapon or tool, it was kept in pristine condition. "This is my sister Mattie; she's starting at Hogwarts in September!"

He backed away then, tucking his wand away and letting Mattie speak and handle it for herself as he watched on, still radiating proud older brother vibes.

setting Ollivanders, Early summer 2051 || with Mattie
appearance 5’1”, 125 lbs || wearing Dark jacket and shirt, beige pants
status Excited for Mattie getting her wand and wondering what she'll be matched with

Cara MiaKitty

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I would die
Without regret, I’d offer up my life
With zero reservations
I would fly
Into the sun
If that would keep our dream alive
♖♜
~"Hero" from RWBY, sung by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:13 am

Mattie smiled at her brother's bit of pride at their mother's acknowledgement of his hard work. She was sure knowing that someone was proud of you was healthier than constantly being criticized, but what did she know? She was just an eleven year old girl compared to parents of respectable rank and have served in war zones before.

When Mr. Edgeworth arrived, Mattie immediately straightened folding her arms behind her back and resisted the automatic reaction for her to salute the adult. Eden spoke up and Mattie grinned largely and shook his hand in response. Not needing to offer her name thanks to Eden, Mattie answered his question, "Technically I am left-handed, but I do quite well with my right, too!" She grinned proud of her ability to adapt though that was an expectation of her parents since she was left handed. Not all tools even things like scissors were made for lefties so it only made sense for her to be able to use tools for righties as they were intended.

{OoC:}
                                                addaellis

CaraMiaKitty

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceDamien nodded in recognition of the young man, then grinned at his sister, setting the measuring tape to work as he considered her. "Ambidextrous by necessity, then? I'm the same, actually. Though I never did quite get the hang of writing with my right." He smiled, walking off towards the stacks to search for something he thought might suit her. He came back a moment later and checked the measurements (a quill having jotted them down as the tape worked), and gave a short nod. "Right, then. Try this. 12 inches, pine with sphinx hair." He handed her the wand in question with a small flourish. It was wrong on all accounts, he knew, but possibly close, and how it behaved would tell him where to go next.

wнen - Summer 2051
                                              wιтн - Customers
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

addaellis

mc2

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash