Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Bath House (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:49 pm
Regarding Unity, this is taking place at the Crane capital/palace. While there is a bunch of NPCs, the intent is that this lot is both 1.) Only a small number of samurai at winter court, and 2.) Only the ones whom the PCs interact with will become relevant and interesting.

Kyouya can and has been keeping busy just being courtly with other samurai. Talking, taking tea with, networking with... There is no needing to have to find some sort of explanation as to where you've been or what you've been doing.

I'll let you ask another player for a recap of what they feel you've missed, rather than tell you myself. I want to see their explanations tinted by their experiences. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:36 pm
Good was just about to ask that. Once I make a new Skype I'll see about joining the group chat again and asking there as well.  

A Foxy Magical Mistress

Distinct Hunter

9,025 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:25 pm
Just boop me on the nose when you're ready.

As far as recap goes, it's "The Kraken Fail with Women."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:45 pm
Plainsfox
Just boop me on the nose when you're ready.

As far as recap goes, it's "The Kraken Fail with Women."

new Skype is live:lil.miss.foxy  

A Foxy Magical Mistress

Distinct Hunter

9,025 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 5, 4 Total: 10 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:36 pm
Raw Awareness cause I am not a courtier and oh god why.

Final Score - A resounding... Ten.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:23 pm
PROPOSED HOUSE RULE

Lore: Theology

Once per day, you may spend 15 minutes in prayer and attempt a TN 20 Awareness/Lore: Theology roll to pray to one of the Seven Fortunes to earn their blessing, adding +1 to the totals of the following rolls for the remainder of the day:
Benten: +1 to all contested Social skill rolls
Bishamon: +1 to all Weapon skill rolls
Daikoku: +1 to all non-craft Merchant skill rolls
Ebisu: +1 to all Craft and Artisan skill rolls
Fukurokujin: +1 to all Lore skill rolls
Hotei: +1 to all Void-based rolls
Jurojin: +1 to all Earth-based rolls

If you have the Seven Fortunes' Blessing advantage, you get a free raise on your roll when praying to that Fortune. If you have the Seven Fortunes' Curse disadvantage, you cannot make a roll to pray to that Fortune for a blessing.

Mastery Abilities
Rank 3: The bonus to the above rolls increases to +2.
Rank 5: You may make 1 more attempt to pray to the Fortunes the same day.
Rank 7: The bonus to the above rolls increases to +3.

Thoughts? I need majority approval between both campaigns before I add it to the house rules. If you think it should be tweaked, please feel free to give me suggestions.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:27 pm
I have no problem with this and would use it in Desert Wind, with your permission  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:53 pm
Due to my constant frustration of trying to find alternatives, I figure I should create "Generic Bushi" and "Generic Courtier" schools. They are mainly used as alternatives to the school when the options are thin. Examples include: Mantis courtiers who aren't jerks; Minor Clan bushi school when they only have a shugenja primary; and Dragon bushi who aren't born ambidextrous and subsequently given up for adoption into the Togashi.

The bushi school is taken from the Generic Ronin School from Secrets of the Empire, p.236, but adjusted to be less Ronin-y and more Clan Samurai-y.

--------------------

GENERIC BUSHI

Benefit: +1 Agility
Honor: 4.5 Honor
Skills: Athletics, Battle, Defense, Kenjutsu (Katana), Kyujutsu, Any 1 Bugei Skill, Any 1 Skill
Outfit: Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Any 1 Weapon, Traveling Pack, 1 koku

Rank 1:
When you are suffering TN penalties due to Wounds, you may make an Earth Roll (ignoring Wound TN penalties) during the Reactions Stage of each Round, with a TN equal to 5+5x the number of Wound Ranks you are currently suffering. If the roll is successful, you may ignore the effects of your Wound penalties until the next Reactions Stage. This Technique does not work once you reach the Down or Out Wound Ranks.

Rank 2:
When you are outnumbered in a skirmish, you gain a bonus to your Armor TN equal to the amount by which the number of enemies exceeds the number of your allies. This bonus cannot exceed the total of your School Rank x2.

Rank 3:
You may attack as a Simple Action when wielding Katana.

Rank 4:
Choose one additional melee weapon; you may attack with that weapon as a Simple Action. Once per skirmish, you may spend a Void Point on a damage roll, regardless of what weapon you are using.

Rank 5:
Choose another melee weapon: you may attack with that weapon as a Simple Action. Additionally, you may spend a Void Point to activate your Rank 1 Technique without requiring an Earth Trait Roll; when you activate it in this way, it lasts a number of Rounds equal to your Fire Ring.

--------------------

GENERIC COURTIER

Benefit: +1 Awareness
Honor: 4.5 Honor
Skills: Calligraphy, Courtier (Rhetoric), Etiquette (Conversation), Investigation, Sincerity, Any 1 High Skill, Any 1 Lore Skill
Outfit: Traditional Clothing, Wakizashi, Knife, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack, 5 koku

Rank 1:
Choose a social skill emphasis that you have. Gain a Free Raise on all rolls with that emphasis. This emphasis is considered 'honed'.

Rank 2:
Apply your Rank 1 school technique again. Alternatively, choose the following benefit: On all void points spent for +1k1 on rolls using an honed emphasis, gain +3k1 instead.

Rank 3:
Apply your Rank 1 school technique again. Alternatively, choose the following benefit: A number of times per session equal to your School Rank, you may reroll any roll using an honed emphasis, with all raises applied again to this new roll. You must keep the second result even if it is lower. If it is a contested roll, you must declare this technique's use before knowing your opponent's result.

Rank 4:
Apply your Rank 1 school technique again. Alternatively, choose the following benefit: The first raise you make on any roll using an honed emphasis does not increase your TN.

Rank 5:
Apply your Rank 1 school technique again. Alternatively, choose the following benefit: Your honed emphases now cause 1's to explode instead of rerolling them.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:53 pm
Input appreciated, of course.  
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 2, 5 Total: 8 (3-30)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:57 pm
Stamina roll vs. TN of 9 2k2 w/ 1 dice added in case of explosions  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 4, 4, 7, 4 Total: 27 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:26 pm
Damage! 4k1 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions  
Plainsfox generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:00 pm
RNGery  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Glory Sieg generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:02 pm
He told Pat to, but I'm nosy.  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 9 Total: 16 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:29 pm
Awareness/Iaijutsu (Assessment) > 10  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 9 Total: 26 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:37 pm
Reflex check
3k3  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items