Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Been gone a while... (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctor Manny

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:15 am
So I've been gone a loooooonnnnnnggg time, more less two years since I've really done anything. So I was just wondering: What happened with the price of everything?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:12 am
Doctor Manny
So I've been gone a loooooonnnnnnggg time, more less two years since I've really done anything. So I was just wondering: What happened with the price of everything?

Yep, that means you probably left right before the economy changed. The short story is that Gaia now releases "gold generators" mainly through the cash shop. These are RIGs/CIs that can generate millions/billions/trillions of gold as a prize. Thus, the market is saturated with gold, gold value is worthless, things cost more.

The ironic thing is that gold generators actually only generate a measly amount of gold, compared to what you need. Many Gaians buy them thinking that it's their only way to keep up in the economy. It isn't. Plus, it's a horrible way. You actually get less gold per cash spent than if you outright buy an item and sell it on the marketplace (especially "Limited Quantity Items").

In reaction to gold generators, we now have frequent gold sinks in the form of "kickstarters." The last kickstarter took at least 80 trillion gold out of the system. Aside from gold generators, some of the gold prizes for features such as the Daily Chance and Booty Grab have also risen in amount.

Oh boy. XD; I'm already writing more than I set out to write. Anyway, there are ways to survive in this economy. It's quite shocking at first, but you should be able to survive well enough after a while.

Keep asking us all questions and we should be able to bring you up to speed on things pretty quickly. ^ ___^

Here's a more detailed breakdown of what happened to the economy: Inflation Recap

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Emberxylic Len

Ice-Cold Combatant

18,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:11 pm
Basically economy broke hahah  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:28 pm
sdrawkcab
Doctor Manny

Yep, that means you probably left right before the economy changed. The short story is that Gaia now releases "gold generators" mainly through the cash shop. These are RIGs/CIs that can generate millions/billions/trillions of gold as a prize. Thus, the market is saturated with gold, gold value is worthless, things cost more.

The ironic thing is that gold generators actually only generate a measly amount of gold, compared to what you need. Many Gaians buy them thinking that it's their only way to keep up in the economy. It isn't. Plus, it's a horrible way. You actually get less gold per cash spent than if you outright buy an item and sell it on the marketplace (especially "Limited Quantity Items").

In reaction to gold generators, we now have frequent gold sinks in the form of "kickstarters." The last kickstarter took at least 80 trillion gold out of the system. Aside from gold generators, some of the gold prizes for features such as the Daily Chance and Booty Grab have also risen in amount.

Oh boy. XD; I'm already writing more than I set out to write. Anyway, there are ways to survive in this economy. It's quite shocking at first, but you should be able to survive well enough after a while.

Keep asking us all questions and we should be able to bring you up to speed on things pretty quickly. ^ ___^

Here's a more detailed breakdown of what happened to the economy: Inflation Recap

Ooh wow. This helps a lot; thanks for typing this up!
and welcome back ! Hope that yah're gettin' back into Gaia alright.  

X_wishing_well_X

8,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Doctor Manny

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:16 pm
It's a little confusing, but thank you so much. I left with an account worth about ten million and came back to find it worth nearly a trillion, I was so shock.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games