Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
What's the scissor items? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

House Chor

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,975 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:33 pm

Despite having been on gaia for years now, I still have no idea what's up with the items that have scissors. To be a little more specific, items like Hime Bangs Haircut. If you go on MP and you try to apply the item to your avi, nothing happens. I'm so confused. It seems like there's some huge secret it and I want in emotion_donotwant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:42 pm

♛ I am the one and only BBNSZT

scissor items like agape, bangs cut, sketchbook pins etc, cut your hair XD
            that's basically it!

if cuts your avis hair.

sometimes agape can also unlike hidden poses.
            for example, my current avi's hair should be cream, but with agape it turns white.

kanxiaru

Hunter

House Chor

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,975 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:05 pm

So basically it's like a wig hair item?

Elyralith

scissor items like agape, bangs cut, sketchbook pins etc, cut your hair XD
            that's basically it!

if cuts your avis hair.

sometimes agape can also unlike hidden poses.
            for example, my current avi's hair should be cream, but with agape it turns white.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:37 pm
House Chor

uhh, kinda?
            it changes the wig item you have on
            either by making it shorter/removing ribbons/changing color etc

check this place out

spent like ten minutes looking for it XD

kanxiaru

Hunter

House Chor

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,975 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:46 pm

Omg this makes so much sense now. Thank you so much biggrin

Elyralith
House Chor

uhh, kinda?
            it changes the wig item you have on
            either by making it shorter/removing ribbons/changing color etc

check this place out

spent like ten minutes looking for it XD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:48 pm
House Chor

Omg this makes so much sense now. Thank you so much biggrin

haha, welcome!

glad i could help c:

kanxiaru

Hunter

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:21 pm
The guide that Ely posted is super awesome because it has pictures for all hairstyles. Huge guide. @ .@

I know I'm late to the party, but I think this thread will help as well. c:
I've got a list that focuses on how those items work... and includes an overall list of items that cut hair. ^ ___^ You know, just in case you're ever in the market for cutting your avatar's hair. These items can make your inventory seem bigger because you'll get to wear hairstyles in both long and short styles (depending on the scissors you have). They're also useful for altering pesky wigs into a shape that you like. The cuts are preset, but you might like the cut versions of wigs more than the original versions.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/hair-trimming-items-a-guide-list-upd-12-14-14/t.93048597/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:14 am

Ely hit the nail on the head! They interact with items that you're already wearing (for example, some scissor items trim bangs, or cut long hair short, so if you're wearing short hair you won't notice it - most likely if you're trying them on in the Marketplace and not seeing anything, its because you're not already wearing an item they're built to modify). I seem to remember that Sainte Ciel was perhaps the first item of this type, and it cut long hair short symbolizing a sort of Joan of Arc fantasy transformation. For other items, like in the Alleycat's Allure or Schoolboy Items, the scissors literally snip off bits of your outfit (or in the case of pins "pin" the hair back)- for example, making a long sleeved top sleeveless, or cutting a dress into a top so you can wear it with bottoms. I personally really like the way these work, because they make things more customizable and give you options by combining that wouldn't otherwise exist (Ely is a great example with her striking white hair that isn't an item in itself). I think that's why they're so in demand - because you can make new outfits and hairstyles out of things you already own.

I think they're always quite in demand for masculine avatars because you can turn many of the long hairstyles into an appropriate boyish/masculine version - at least a friend of mine collects these items purely for that purpose. There are more long haired wings than short ones, so having this option can really help.

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items