Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
The Earth's Upheaval OOC - Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:51 pm
TECHNICALLY Tawny never found the body as it floated down the sewer drainage. He might have lived.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:56 pm
I'll wait to see if Thork takes it or refuses before I update my character sheet, go ahead and add one tanglefoot bag to yours if he does.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:18 am
Kowsauni

I try not to use out of character information to form what my character does. Even if it is similar to this event.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Thork was the only one in Clearwell who had a permanent place in the town, right? Most everyone else was not part of the town. Wrong place, wrong time, kind of thing... Thork knew people who lost their lives in those events.

At the moment, in his mind, these are similar events. For better or for worse, he can't let what he felt, be felt by another, when there is a chance he could take a more direct approach to help.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:13 am
Ah, I don't know much about what happened in the previous game, so that's interesting insight into the character.

Not that Isres isn't going to give it a good college try to convince him to stick with the party for various reasons, but he isn't going to try to force Thork to stick with em. After all, he knows better than try to get physical with anything.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:39 am
I don't know if you missed it but Tawny made final plea to try and convince Thork to come with the rest of the group. I think we should wait to see how Thork responds before assuming he says no and goes his separate way.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:28 am
Hope no one minds my attempted bluffing of these kobolds. Hopefully things go well.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:42 am
That's cool. I almost wonder if we could somehow convince them to enter the mountain in front of us and get taken out by the earth spirits and maybe our entrance easier.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:50 pm
Rain Yupa

@ Thork:

Everyone looks tiny from up here, but the other adventurers you came here with stopped and met up with someone else, about double their number (despite having the high ground, Obi-Thork, your passive perception has made you lose track of one of your party members, so it looks to be about 2-to-1). You're about halfway to the front gate.
How quickly could Thork reach them vs the gate? And from this distance can he tell if a battle broke out or does it just look like Lin is hiding? ((She tried it once before in his presence, It isn't beyond, question that she is doing that now... just better))  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:25 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
How quickly could Thork reach them vs the gate? And from this distance can he tell if a battle broke out or does it just look like Lin is hiding? ((She tried it once before in his presence, It isn't beyond, question that she is doing that now... just better))

Passive perception can only get you so far. At this point, they just seem to all be standing there, but if they're fighting all stationary-like, you wouldn't be able to tell. And you really can't tell if anyone's making attempts to hide or anything.

Time-wise, it would take longer to get to the gate than to where the party is. The road to the front gate is a winding gradual incline, meant to accommodate wagons and such. But technically, the front gate is closer.

Thork can get to where everyone else is in relatively short order. How long though depends on either a series of Athletics checks to hurry down without hurting yourself, or a series of Endurance checks to get there even quicker and probably suffer a bit of falling damage en route (successful checks minimize the damage).

How I planned to handle it is each roll is added together until you reach 50 (if making Endurance checks) or 75 (if making Athletics checks). Every Endurance check gives you d4 damage as you're doing so recklessly. With your Endurance, you can make it there in as little as two rounds if you're lucky. It will be one check per round.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:22 pm
Sorry peeps, I've been doing overtime at work, and that's eating up my free time. I haven't forgotten you, promise!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:33 pm
Raganui Minamoto

Psychofish

Plainsfox

Alright, now that we have our options presented to us, do you guys want to try and fight these Kolbolds or just skulk past them. (no guarantee I'll make my checks though and that might trigger a fight.)

The way I see it we can try to get pass them non violently to preserve ourselves for the fight into the mountain ahead, or, I can take my surprise round and we can try eliminate these guys so they aren't a threat to anyone else.

Its obvious these Kolbolds have no idea about the real situation at hand and would probably be killed trying to enter the mountain or if they came across the main dwarf forces. Still, letting them walk gives them the change to potentially come back and bite us in the a** later.

Its too bad we don't have a super diplomacy person otherwise we might have been able to convince them to go into the mountain ahead of us and provide a distraction. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:47 pm
waiting to see what the party does, because no battle in the history of Thork was stationary...unless, when certain members are trapped.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:54 pm
Well, one of the kobolds just hit Aelgeirr's button so....remember you guys get +1 on initiative.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:43 pm
Alright I guess we are fighting. Rain, could you post the map? I want to have a better understanding of the battlefield layout before I use my surprise round action.
Rain Yupa

Kowsauni
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:56 pm
I have a decent diplomacy, but what I was trying to do was bluff and that's not as great.  
[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff