Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
Character Sheets, House Rules, XP Log

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:07 pm
The Party

Aelgeirr Afvar, Eladrin Warlord (played by Plainsfox)
Tawny Tonson, Human Avenger (played by Kowsauni)
Thork, 9/10ths-Orc Barbarian Paladin Berserker Warden.
Isres Zess, Human Wizard (played by Raganui Minamoto)
Lin Shi, Human Rogue (played by Psychofish)

Removed

Mikah Angelique, Half-Elf Ranger
Dwalin Vikramsson, Dwarven Fighter
Enlak, Goliath Warden
Tafiir, Half-Drelf Thief
Ambra Goldstar, Tiefling Wizard EXTRAORDINAIRE!
Mercy Vondervelde, Human Avenger of Love
Thork, Nine-Tenths-Orc Barbarian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:08 pm
Experience Log

ORB OF KENDAR
April 11th - 200 XP
June 28th - 200 XP
May 25th - 200 XP
August 10th - 250 XP
July 23rd - 475 XP

THE EARTH'S UPHEAVAL
Note: New characters start at 1000 xp

October 24th - 125 XP  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:11 pm
House Rules

Mainly house rules, this section will include any changes I plan on implementing. This may change the setting material, or the core rules, accordingly, so read carefully. Updated/newly added rules will be in a different color.

Acceptable books: Player's Handbook 1, Player's Handbook 2, Player's Handbook 3*, Martial Power 1+2, Arcane Power, Divine Power, Primal Power, Psionic Power, Forgotten Realms Player's Guide*, Ebberon Player's Guide*, Adventurer's Vault*, Adventurer's Vault 2*, Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium*
*These are restriction materials, and require DM approval to use any part of them beyond the Monk, Seeker, Runepriest, Artificer, and Swordmage classes and related materials to them.

• Action Points - Action points are accrued and used in the same fashion. However, they are not limited to one per encounter (but they are limited to 1/round). They are still reset during an extended rest.

• Action Points - If some says or does something particularly memorable, they may be nominated by other players for an action point. Anyone, even the original author, can request it get quoted in the Bard's Tale section. But it takes 3 people, EXCLUDING the author, to support this and get it put there. If it gets elected, the author can earn a free action point (no more than one per adventure). I reserve the right to veto if I think players are trying to abuse this rule.

• Post Order - When outside of combat, players don't have to follow any sort of post order, within reason. Courteously, don't leave other players in a scene behind, unless you get an okay from me (in the case of the player not being online for a while). You can post several times in rapid succession, but don't disallow your party members from having a chance to contribute. In combat, or during skill challenges, there will be a post order (determined whenever we roll initiative). Speaking is a free action, but please limit it unless tactically, or dramatically, appropriate (so, no chatter unless its your turn : P )

• Dice Rolling - A separate thread will exist for rolling dice and/or dice overflow. WHENEVER YOU ROLL, YOU MUST STATE THE ACTION THE DICE ARE BEING ROLLED FOR, AND WHAT YOUR APPLICABLE BONUSES ARE. I will be rolling on my own behind the DM screen (ie, IRL), as is my right. When rolling for a power that has multiple attacks (either cause it strikes more than one target, or has a followthrough attack), roll your dice all at once. STATE WHICH ORDER OF TARGETS YOU WILL BE ROLLING FOR; if you do not, I will start at the 12-o'clock square and go clockwise, closest targets first, if its a burst or close attack, the upper left square to the lower right square (left to right, then up to down) if its an area or blast attack.
    You need not wait for me to say whether the attack rolls hit - ROLL FOR YOUR DAMAGE AS IF YOU HAD HIT IMMEDIATELY IN YOUR NEXT POST. If you don't, I'll assume you volunteered that you missed all your attacks (if every single roll was a 1, it probably will be the truth anyways, so to save time you can opt not to). This is to keep the speed of the game going, so sorry if you get shorted one of your attacks. If an issue comes up that complicates this process, PM me before you start attacking and I'll advise what you should do, mechanic-wise.

• Flow of Battle - In play-by-post combat, rounds can take a while. To speed things up, the following house rule is in effect: If it is your turn, and it proceeds a fellow PC's turn, then you do not have to wait for the DM to post results before posting. That is to say, if, for example, four party members all go one right after another, they can each post their actions without having to wait for me to post.

HOWEVER, as a player, you have the option of requesting me to update before taking your turn. Perhaps you wanted to see how well a power went? Maybe you wanted to see if a monster was killed? Or perhaps that enemy was pushed or pulled away from you and now you have the luxery of movement? Whatever the reason, just post an OOC comment that you'd like me to update before posting, and I'll do so as quickly as I can.

But please, keep initiative order. If a fellow PC is waiting for me to update, that's not an invitation to go ahead with your turn.

NOTE: For this campaign, we will only start off with Player's Handbook 1. After the first quest, the normal allotment of books I allow will be permitted, and anyone making a new character may do so, keeping their current starting stat spread (before racial and level bonuses) if they'd like, as well as all accumulated XP.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:13 pm
A Bard's Tale

No nominations yet!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items