Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
A question from the Absent

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rouge Strike

Conservative Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:13 pm
I've been keeping rather busy recently, and haven't had much time to do much here on Gaia--I'd attempted, but was only able to get the first and second of the valentine's event prizes... My question here is that, while year-based items are indeed to be wanted, why is it that this year in particular has some rather... Insane prices?

I get that it's an event, but quite honestly... Makes it that much harder to catch up to the people with extras when inflation blocks the path. This isn't Jabbu-Jabbu's belly.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:03 pm
High demand due to a recent event. Give it a few years and no one will care about them. XD (I've got some hoarded event items that are utterly worthless.)

Factor in quality and time spent. It took a long time to click 500 links. XD; People won't want to let go of that cheaply. Well, I guess it didn't take too long to complete, but it was sure boring. u .u;
And quality~ Arm/leg mods and a wink will keep those poses more in demand than the single-pose eye patches.
And add laziness. I bet a lot of people opted to buy from the marketplace rather than hunt down links to click. Quite a few people made it easier by gathering the links into one place, but that still took time (and was boring) to click that many links.

The economy, yep. Problem is that 2b and 4b aren't high prices to a lot of people. x -----x;

That sucks.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Rouge Strike

Conservative Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:32 pm
Thank you for the reply. Though, quite honestly, this is a severe disappointment... Didn't our community already suffer from two cases where this kind of event price-hiking went too far? I was present for one of them, though I can't remember the second clearly.  
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games