Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 1 - Beast of a Thousand Knives (Completed) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:57 pm
User Imageimage made by: noahbradley
original image {x}

Lupa

. . . . . . .

As the party reached the crest of a large hill the morning mist was just beginning to burn off the landscape as rays of light found their way through the cloudy sky. There waiting for them, just off the well traveled road, was a sign telling them there travels had reached there end. The word LUPA was panted on it in with big broad strokes in worn green paint and indeed the sign was right for from where the party stood on the top the hill they could see the quaint farming town stretching out before him.

Acres and acres of fruit orchards and grazing land, dotted by houses, eventually gave way to a great forest beyond. To one side of these fields, next to the ocean, a larger collection of bigger buildings could be observed. This must serve as the town center for the small dirt road leading off the main trade road cut directly in that direction.

Before this road reached the collection of buildings in the distance, a masterly carved wooden archway could be seen crossing over it, no doubt marking the beginning of what was considered the town of Lupa. On either side of this archway there were enormous willow trees waving gently in the slight morning wind. Underneath one of these trees there could be seen a lone figure resting against the trunk. They looked as if perhaps they were dozing.  
PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:39 pm
User Image

Perception check: Roll[16]+11= 27

Kuori towered above the others in her new group of companions at 7
feet 8 inches. This had made the exposure to the open air as they emerged from the forest much more of a relief for her. She straightened up and stood tall, cracking her back. She had left the caves for many reasons and was reminded of them every day. Given her height she was a natural lookout, and her paranoia made sure that she was always looking out for an ambush. An ambush that might begin with a "sleeping" man at a tree. Was he armed? Maybe he was already dead. When she spoke, it was in Dwarven, "Hey! Are you dead drunk or just dead." If it went south she could get off two shots before he managed to adjust to the light.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:59 pm
Revenge shifted, the sound of his armor clinking together ever so slightly, as he idly rested his left hand upon the rounded pommel of his longsword, sheathed on the left side of his hip. Being a bit more cumbersome to sheathe, the Tiefling rested the halberd on his right shoulder, parallel to the ground, his gauntleted right hand loosely gripping it so it would not fall. A pointy and sharp weapon bobbing up and down directly behind him as he walked did wonders to keep his traveling companions from stepping on his tail.

"Traditional Dwarven greeting, I take it?" he would ask Kuori lowly, giving her a sideways stare without actually turning his head.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:54 pm
Strange Plant Girl
User Image

Kuori's keen eyes spot no hidden figures in the area. However, the goliath does notice that the figure she thought was a man was actually a woman. Though her body was obscured by a large cape, her female shape could be seen through it. There was also something odd about this girl. For one, her hair was a vibrant green and looked as if it was made not of strands of hair, but blades of grass. What's more, though the girl was pretty well covered up, the parts of her skin that could be seen had the appearance of polished wood. She wears a large pointed hat and clutches in her hands a very ancient looking tome.

Upon being hollered at, the girl begins to stir. She stands up from beneath the tree and stretches. She gives the party a friendly wave before running close enough to be in speaking distance. She speaks to the party in Common, though you get the feeling that she had understood the Dwarven as well.

"I'm sorry, I caught a nice beam of sunlight this morning and it felt so good, I must have dozed off." The girl then excitedly looks at everyone. "So, wow, you're quite the group. A tiefling and a dragonborn and... oh wow! I haven't seen a corrupted genasi in well over a hundred years... maybe even two! So what brings you all to our sleepy little town?"

The strange plant girl smiles at the party and looks at them curiously. She does not seem threatening in any way, and in fact seems quite interested in everyone. She seems to be particularly interested in Sardis, probably due to his exotic nature.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:16 pm
She... caught a nice beam of sunlight?

Trained in Religion... check.
Not trained in Nature... check.

"A devout of Pelor, I take it? I come as a servant of Sehanine, while my compatriots represent..... a menagerie of personality traits that I am assured are amusing to most." Revenge would give an awkward glance at those gathered with him, grateful to his goddess that none slit his throat in the night and ran off with his purse while on the journey to Lupa. He did not know any of them particularly well enough to attempt proper introductions on anyone's behalf.

She need not know more of him than his call to duty, anyways.

"And to my understanding, your sleepy little town is rather quite sleepless as of late."

Insight of 19 to gauge the girl's reaction to his last response, giving her his full attention now.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:51 pm
Strange Plant Girl
User Image

To the paladin's first question the girl simply replies. "Pelor? No, I was just hungry, but you are definitely an interesting group of people that's for sure. We don't tend to get interesting people around here often."

At the paladin's last comment the girl seems to be genuinely confused, However, after a moment or so her face brightens up with recognition. "Oh... I see, you're here about that. That explains all the armor and weapons; you're adventurers!"  

Kowsauni
Crew

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:19 am
User Image
Sardis had been quiet the majority of the trip save for a few short words during party negotiations. Demonspawn, Dragonspawn, Giantspawn, and and Orc. Three of those four did not suit his taste, yet they would be tolerated so long as they fulfilled their purpose as meat shields. Meanwhile the same could not be said about the plant woman.
He kept his eyes on the plant girl, "What she means to say Tiefling, is that she is photosynthetic. Drawing sustenance from light itself. She also means to say that by calling me out as a corrupted genasi that she wishes ill will between us." He took a step forward and held out a dripping hand towards her, motioning for a handshake, a trick of course, "Though I believe that little plant girls should watch their tongues around a being made of acid, they may find their long lives cut short by something as simple as a handshake." He yanked his hand away, not giving her the opportunity to grab it. She was unworthy of such an honor.  
Onlin3 Gam3r rolled 2 20-sided dice: 17, 3 Total: 20 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:39 am
User Image
Thava shook her head, stepping forward and extending a wing between the genasi and the plant girl. "Is there anything that you can tell us that may help with our investigation?"

Diplomacy- 28
Insight- 13  

Onlin3 Gam3r

Dapper Noob

2,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:26 pm
Before Revenge could intercede between the Genasi and the plant girl... the Dragonborn did. As a Tiefling, he was raised with proper intolerance for the Dragonborn race. Though his... recent training had washed away many discriminations, an entire life spent with a belief was hard to overcome.

He said nothing, and did nothing, but simply make a mental note of Thava.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:48 pm
Strange Plant Girl
User Image

The plant girl looks at Sardis for a moment before bursting out laughing. She leans over and grabs her heaving sides as she tries to talk. "Oh wow! He has quite a mouth on him, doesn't he? You might--you might want to keep him on a short leash in this town--he's going to get you in trouble!"

The plant girl finally seemed to get control of her laughter as Thava stepped forward. Wiping the tears from her eyes, she seemed to be instantly mesmerized by her glimmering appearance. "Oooh, I've never seen a dragonborn with actual wings before! I've not read much about your race. Those kind of books haven't made their way to me yet. Are your wings a result of your bloodline being closer to true dragons?"

The girl shook her head, snapping out of her wonderment. "Forgive me, you asked me a question and I gave you one of my own. So anyways, you want to know about what's going on here? Well, ask any villager and they will have a different story to tell, though Mr. Redford would probably be the best source of information about all this. He's the current leading councilman of the town, so he gets to hear everybody's complaints. Other than that, old rancher Hopkins said one of his bulls disappeared last night. It probably just wandered off into the forest, but you can go ask him about it if you want. His house is located at the southeast edge of town."

The girl paused and thought for a moment. "Hmm, I'm afraid that's about all the information I have on the subject. I think it's just a bunch of superstition. The people here unjustly fear the forest; it's like they think it's out to get them, but I guess that's just my opinion."

((In the future when people roll checks I need you to tell me specifically what they are for or what you are trying to accomplish with them. I don't have anywhere to take a check with no direction. Rain's first post where he describes himself trying to insight the girls reaction to his comment is a good example of how to to do this.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:52 pm
User Image
A leash? A LEASH!? Sardis' face twisted into a scowl. "Your village may want to invest in some weed killer." He walked around the Dragonspawn's wing and smiled at the plant girl. A green mist slipping out from his teeth and blowing towards her.

[Using memory to mist. It only works if she is lower level (and out of game I am sure that she isn't because she has God NPC that is actually the villain written all over her) she will forget the last 10 minutes and the next 1 minute,]

He turned to his minions and clapped his hands, "I am off to find this Red Ford that she spoke of. Feel free to tag along if you wish."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:18 pm
User Image
Thava looked at the strange plant woman, "I am no closer to dragon's than any other of my kind. Evolution has just given us different traits." She watched as the genasi walked off, waving her hand through the mist to ensure that it wasn't harmful, it wasn't. "I would say that you are on your own Sardis, but I don't think that would leave the best impression on the councilman." She looked to the Paladin and said, "One of us should accompany him, if not all of us."  

Onlin3 Gam3r

Dapper Noob

2,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:47 pm
"Mm," Revenge would vocalize, looking to the Dragonborn then to the departing Genasi.

"I suppose, with the tools that have been bestowed upon me, it would make more sense for me to go, in case he is the lashing-out type."

He would look once more to the plant girl. "I apologize on his behalf, for what that's worth."

He would look one last time at the assorted crew that traveled with him, and added upon Thava's suggestion. "Night is the supposed time to be feared, so we shouldn't have much concern if the rest of you wanted to split up and look for clues."

And with that, the Tiefling would march after Sardis, his armor clanking with each hurried step.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:54 pm
Poa the Dryad
User Image

As Sardis casts his spell on the plant girl she coughs and rapidly waves the green mist away from her face. Her eyes then light up a vibrant green. The enormous willow trees on either side of the archway begin to twist and distort. Their branches entwine together as their roots rip out of the ground. Within moments the willows had transformed into giant treants that then moved to block the archway.

The plant girl, still smiling but sounding a little more agitated. "Perhaps I should introduce myself since no one has formally asked. I am Poa the Dryad, Master Magician and gate keeper of this town. I have been tasked with keeping the riffraff out, and frankly, I'm not sure If I should let you in anymore. I have spent the last couple decades teaching the people of Lupa not to be afraid of outsiders. I don't need anyone to ruin that."

Poa listens to Thava speak about her lineage, and Revenge apologize, which seems to calm her down. Her eyes stop glowing but the treants still keep their position in front of the archway. "Hmm, the rest of you seem to be a more decent sort. It was rash of me to judge you all on the actions of one. However, he is a member of your group. If you can promise me you can keep him in check and not have him hurt or scare the people of this town, I will let you pass."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:53 pm
Un sure what to say to ease, or add to, the conversation; Thork stayed silent thoughout the conversation. Also knowing he was best at putting fear into people, didn't give him much to work with. Even as the elemental and plant exchanged words, and breath; He remained silent.

If he needed to, he thought, he could take the trents and the plant girl. But, taking his clue from the others how quickly she backed down, he remained silent and still.

"Thork ask, Poa Dryad, what beast hunt in wood and why would bull go?." he finally spoke.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff