Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:53 pm
As for damage,

Insatiable Rage of Minauros
Prerequisite: Tiefling, barbarian
Benefit: While you are raging, you gain a +2 bonus to melee damage rolls, but if you end your turn without dealing damage to an enemy on that turn, you take 2 damage.The bonus increases to +3 and the damage increases to 3 at 11th level. The bonus increases to +5 and the damage increases to 5 at 21st level.

Deady Rage
+1 bonus per tier to damage rolls while raging.

(They both of the above stack. And more damage to come)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:16 pm
Mongooseh
Southern Cross Nemesis
Southern Cross Nemesis
Mongooseh
Can someone be a cool dude and recommend a feat?

I can suggest two.

Bloodhunter's Dread
Prerequisite: Tiefling
Benefit: When you hit a bloodied foe, the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against you until the end of your next turn.

Targeted Assault
Prerequisite: Barbarian
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls against any creature that has you marked.

If you were looking for more damage, give me a bit and I am sure I can find something.

Two Handed weapon Expertise
Benefit: You gain a + 1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with a two-handed melee weapon. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage rolls of charge attacks you make with a two-handed melee weapon. Both of these bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Pretty sure that's from HotFW which is not a valid source book.

HotFW is a valid source book, the only thing I disallowed from it was the pixie race. Remember, my stance has always been if I can build it in the character builder you can use it.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:09 pm
Kowsauni
((The party benefits from and extended rest. Congratulations everyone is now Level 8! Please update your character sheets when you get a chance as you will probably want your new HP and powers to deal with those ropers))

Changes to character sheet:
Strength went from 18 to 19.
Constitution went from 16 to 17.
Hit points went from 75 to 83 (+7 for level, +1 for Con bump).
Feat: Resilient Focus (+2 feat bonus to Saving throws)
Healing Surges & Powers reset.

Thanks to Rain for the easy log format.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 am
Kowsauni
HotFW is a valid source book, the only thing I disallowed from it was the pixie race. Remember, my stance has always been if I can build it in the character builder you can use it.

Okay but I thought we weren't doing essentials? I'm happy to be wrong on this as there's things I've been avoiding on that assumption.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:54 pm
Mongooseh
Can someone be a cool dude and recommend a feat?

I say Reckless Charge (Primal Power). You can take -2 AC for +1 untyped bonus to attack roll for that charge. Between Swift Charge and your Howling Strike at-will, I think it has potential. If you like some of the other feats, maybe for level 10 at least?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:21 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
"Anything interesting happen last night? Besides Valac vacting a tiefling from his inners." Ruin would ask as he repacked his gear.

Tiefling or Halfling? Because implying that our barbarian has turned cannibal is a complication I had not expected to wake up to. Not that it's a concern for our human or goliath.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:56 pm
Mongooseh
Kowsauni

Okay but I thought we weren't doing essentials? I'm happy to be wrong on this as there's things I've been avoiding on that assumption.

Essentials are completely fine.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:27 pm
Rain Yupa
Southern Cross Nemesis
"Anything interesting happen last night? Besides Valac vacting a tiefling from his inners." Ruin would ask as he repacked his gear.

Tiefling or Halfling? Because implying that our barbarian has turned cannibal is a complication I had not expected to wake up to. Not that it's a concern for our human or goliath.

Valac said, Tiefling... xd  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:23 pm
Oh, so he did. I recalled seeing "halfling". It's been a week, sorry. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:04 pm
Rain Yupa
Oh, so he did. I recalled seeing "halfling". It's been a week, sorry. sweatdrop
It was the "-fling" part. I blame it.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:23 pm
Strength went from 18 to 19.
Constitution went from 18 to 19.
Hit points went from 69 to 76 (+6 for level, +1 for Con bump).
Feat: Heavy Blade Expertise +1 to hit +2 AC vs OA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:08 pm
Strength went from 20 to 21
Wisdom went from 18 to 19.
Hit points went up by 5
Feat: Disciple of Death, +5 to death saves.
Swapped Recovering strike for Astral Seal  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:09 pm
Rain Yupa
Sorry, I think I stole everyone.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:21 am
Southern Cross Nemesis
Rain Yupa
Sorry, I think I stole everyone.

Happens. Tomorrow's an earlier day for me because of appointments; I'll post again if no one else does before tomorrow afternoon/evening.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:08 am
I am currently out of town in a class for work for the next week and only have my crappy old laptop that apparently the compendium wont work on let alone any of the other 4ed legacy tools, so, the fight might have to wait until I get back home. However, we can get up to that point.

I believe it is an Arcana check for knowledge on aberrations and magical creatures, but if I am wrong, please correct me and that will be the check to be able to identify ropers. As I said I cant get to the compendium online and I don't have my books with me to reference.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games