Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:40 pm
Mom is in hospital for emergency surgery. Should be home tomorrow if everything goes well. If combat happens I twin shot every round.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:46 pm
PupSage
Mom is in hospital for emergency surgery. Should be home tomorrow if everything goes well. If combat happens I twin shot every round.

Wow I'm sorry to here that. I hope she is alright. I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery for your mother.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:02 pm
I likewise share the sentiment. I hope all goes well sad  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:08 pm
I Drink Blue Moon
Kowsauni
I Drink Blue Moon

Character looks good, how do you want to introduce Gloom and dismiss Sardis?

Gloom will be in the forest.

Hmm, enough successful checks have been done to convince Poa to reopen the gate so depending on what the party does I might put you in the town, I want you to be able to join up again as quick as possible. If they decide to go into town first I will have had your character arrive the previous evening. You could then roll a streetwise to see what Gloom learned during his night in the Inn. Gloom would then see a bunch of armed adventurers moving through the town and assume they were there for the same reason as gloom.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:42 pm
I Drink Blue Moon

Gloom arrived the previous day to Lupa late in the evening. He was greeted by a town guardsman by the gate, a human by the name of mark. When asked about the quest he would tell Gloom to talk to Mr. Redford in the morning and direct him to the towns one and only inn, the Fat Fox, to stay for the night.

You may roll a streetwise check to figure out what you learned from local gossp that evening and may post in the main thread now. The inn is located in the town center, next to the small dock area and the town council hall.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:26 pm
I Drink Blue Moon
Streetwise 11 + 11 = 22

Gloom learns quite a bit from the town gossip...

A milk cow, a steer and a horse have gone missing in the last two weeks, each from a different farm or ranch. Strange scratches or puncture marks have been found in the vicinity of each of the places where the farm animals had disappeared. No one seems to know what to make of them.

Townsfolk think the disappearances are being caused by a monster from the forest and have dubbed it the Beast of a Thousand knives, based on the weird marks found at the scenes.

The people here greatly fear the forest, which they refer to as Tapana woods. You learn that the town is protected from the forest by a dryad wizard by the name of Poa. People fear these disappearances may be a sign that she is losing her ability to keep the evil forces in the forest at bay.

((You may also roll a history check to see how much lore you know about the town and how it compares to the rumors you have heard.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

I Drink Blue Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:31 pm
Kowsauni

History 16+7=23  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:44 pm
Good checks. Oh, I also forgot to mention in my last post that Gloom was the only non-local in the Inn. People were polite when interacted with but they also seemed to give him a wide berth. Anyways...

The story of Lupa dates back 200 years to its founding. Refugees from a war going on at that time had come to the Tapana Woods, a dark and foreboding forest that had repulsed any settlement attempts into it up until this point. As they huddled, terrified, under the trees, they were approached by a dryad. Moved by their plight, the dryad offered them sanctuary in the forest and promised to protect them. However, when the dryad made her promise, she spoke at odds with the rest of the the unforgiving forest. Many trees lifted their roots and moved away from the land promised to the refugees and the dryad was ostracized from the rest of the forest. Nevertheless, she stuck to her words, and protected the people from threats from both the warring kingdoms and the very forest itself that disproved of the refugees presence. Over time, the land abandoned by the trees was turned into grazing land for cattle and the trees that did stay behind were magically turned into orchards to help feed the people. The dryad herself eventually learned the ways of arcane magic, a taboo to her people, so she could further help protect the people she was entrusted with. This sanctuary against war and the forest eventually turned into the town of Lupa today.

There is also a rumor that the Dryad's promise was struck out of more than just sympathy. It is said she was in love with the leader of the refugees.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:14 pm
I Drink Blue Moon

I was looking over the character sheets, and I just noticed your hexblade doesn't have an implement. To manifest their weapons, hexblades need to be holding an implement in their other hand as a focus.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:17 pm
I am going to silently bow out of the game, my new job is leaving too tired to think, or stay up longer than an hour after getting home. I don't think it would be fair to everyone else, to have to wait til the weekends for my posts.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:25 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
I am going to silently bow out of the game, my new job is leaving too tired to think, or stay up longer than an hour after getting home. I don't think it would be fair to everyone else, to have to wait til the weekends for my posts.

Consudering 3 of the people in this game are 8-5 state workers i dont think that it is an issue.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:46 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis

It is entirely up to you. I hate to see you go but I understand if you don't have the time. I can see if Plainsfox is still interested in playing.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Skull Dres

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:44 am
sorry to jump in uninvited, but if they don't want to play. May I join?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:41 pm
Skull Dres
sorry to jump in uninvited, but if they don't want to play. May I join?

"Sure, please read over my rules then submit a character sheet. Once accepted please try to post at least once every 2 or 3 days as stated in the campaign introduction."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Skull Dres

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:39 pm
would hybrids be an option?  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items